Tower of Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

Tower of Darkness

Post by Myna »

[center:2ev2nfix][color=#363232:2ev2nfix][url=http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/333/ ... g:2ev2nfix]The Tower of Darkness[/url:2ev2nfix][/size:2ev2nfix][/color:2ev2nfix]
--------------------------------------------------
[color=#e48b00:2ev2nfix]This is an ongoing thread not a campaign thread. Feel free to join good or evil but be aware this is where the evil guys are meant to hang out :D
Make sure you have fun and hope to see you on the inside.[/color:2ev2nfix]
-------------------------------------------------[/center:2ev2nfix]

The sun had just set and it left an eerie glow over the looming darkness of the tower, the stone shone a pale gold and the shadows around the base seemed to start to shift with a life of their own. Now was the time the life of the tower would come alive, now that the light had receeded and the night had begun.

She walked through the ebony hallways that wound around the central core of the inside of the tower and continued along her way up her ashen skin contrasting with the ivory white dress she wore her silken white hair weaved behind her back as she ignored the beings that cowered away from her. She walked into a room which looked more like a laboratory, white tables and various magical instruments and vials and such set up. In the middle of the room the floor was decorated with a strange set of symbols. Inside said symbol a lithe demon who scoweled upon her entrance to the room.

[color=darkred:2ev2nfix] Free me now! I will rip out your eyes and feed them to the groveling Fiends![/color:2ev2nfix]

She raised an eyebrow as she carefully stepped around the symbol that seemed to hold the demon where it was.

"I will release you soon enough. Now tell me the next phase..."
You say I am evil, but who is to say you are right?
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth flew over the horizon in the dark golden light of the sunset, Casting shadows of him and his gryphon across the land infront of the tower, He had not made any noteworthy sums of money at all this month, not that he needed them, he lived completly off the land, Sadly, Living off the land wont buy mead.

<Perhaps there is something of value in that tower.> Gareth thought, It looked ancient and abandoned, <Certainly there will be no one there, and perhaps treasure still sits and gathers dust while no one uses it. It will be mine!>

Gareth pulled up hard on the harness and the creature swooped upwards into the sky and came to a light drop onto the tower top, Where Gareth saw a trapdoor with a ladder heading down to the top floor, He decended and found himself standing by ebony walls and smooth marble floors.

<Excelent! There must be treasure in such a fantastic looking castle!>

Gareth moved down the hall further to find a small wooden door, it looked like it lead to a bedroom, after all, they were on the top floor, And every king would want a view of their good fortune.

He creaked the door open and readied his sword, not knowing what he would find in there.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

As he opened the door he would find a strange tingling sensation pass through his hands and over his body..before dissapearing again almost as if it was his imagionation playing tricks on him. The room its self was quite nice, it wasnt a bedroom though, it looked more like a study or maybe a library would be a better word for it, the walls where lined with books after books, in the middle of the room sat a long ebony desk with several books laying out a quill, some parchment, and a small case to the left of the desk filled with scrolls. It didnt appear as if this room would hold any treasure except for scholars.

----------------------------------

Elsewhere the drow's face lifted her brow furrowed and she scowled at the demon still stuck in its prison.

"Your dismissed." And with a wave of her hand a cloud of pure blackness enveloped the demon, a moment later it was gone as was the magic from the circle that had kept it trapped there. She finished adding the black looking powder to the vial of red liquid. It turned from red to white and she left it.

Turning on her heels she left the room. Its ivory doors closing, a few words she whispered under her breath sent a shimmering seal over the door which faded away to nothing a moment later.

A moment later she spoke a few more words and two more figures appeared infront of her both bowing on one knee. They both where male and looked to be spider like drow creatures of some sort.

"Misstress" they both said in a low hiss.

"Go, we have an intruder, only attack if necissary. Find him and please do not kill him this time."

"As you wish"

A moment passed and they both seemed to fade away the same way they appeared.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth stolled into the room and began to take all the books that looked of value to him, He then inspected the scrolls and took the magically imbued ones, and maps, he then continued down the hallway to a spiral of stairs witch he descended into another hallway, This one looked as if it had just a large wooden door at the end of it, He crept up to it, serched it for traps, then pushed it open.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

As he started to leave the room the two creatures lurked in the shadows watching him. This demon came to steal the mistresses books. Came to steal her hard work.

They watched him as he made his way down the hall and into another room, into a supply room. This room was filled with jars and vials, some shelves had nothing but small leather cases.

The books really should have given away that he should be more careful, the books where all on demons and summoning magics, on demonic rituals and the like. These books where the books of a warlock. Of dark magic and of the planes of hell.

However if that didnt give it away this room sure should have. However the room wasnt empty it had a little imp in it, who turned around and his fiery eyes blazed before his lips pulled back in a snarl.

"What be your buisness demon spawn?!" he then looked at the books and scrolls the other was carrying and screatched so loud it made the mortal ears feel like bleeding before he started yelling.

"THIEF! You steal the mistresses things! THIEF! Ruk will deal with you. The mistress will reward Ruk!" There wasnt much warning or time. He was ready to attack.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

With that Gareth shot a lightining arrow at the imp, which stunned him and sent him recoiling back, where he then tripped and fell over onto his side.

"Shocking, Isnt it? Now how about i finish you off?"

Gareth replied and started to walk over to the imp, in no hurry at all to finish the idiotic creature, He arrived and stood menacingly over the imp, then plunged his sword deep into the imp's throut.

"Have fun in hell, I have a room to explore..."

Cleaning his blade off, Gareth continued further into the room, making sure not to step in sight of the door so that whatever comes in wont see him immediatly.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

The two creatures waited, what did it matter to them if he took more of the mistresses things he would not leave the tower with them.

Instead they waited back in the shadows, they heard the imp weak little things, they where good for a laugh. She would not be pleased though, that little thing kept the rooms clean now she would have to summon a new one and that was bound to put her in a sour mood.

While they waited she prepared she knew her servants where not the brightest and they were blood thirsty as it got. They would try to kill the invader. But they would serve as a good distraction while she prepared.

She spoke a soft and calm invocation and placing a hand to the ground where the summoning circle was as always ready and engraved into the marble surface.

It took a few more moments but fire rushed outwards brushing past her in a heat that should sear but didnt at least not her. When it cleared a large black winged dragonlike demon stood within her circle.

"What have you summoned me for?!"

It demanded in a booming voice filled with irritation.

"I require your strength for a short time. Go out and to the top of my tower, then around untill you discover the entry point of the intruder. Isolate it and when you have finished return to me."

"As you wish" it snarled before walking out of the circle and out of the large window in the room taking to flight outside to complete its orders.

She frowned, she did not like having to summon him even if he was obedient, he was difficult to control. It was a frusturating annoyance but she could only be so many places at once. Considering the location of the alarm that was set off she figured he found a way in from the roof, it meant he had to have a way to get up there. It was possible whoever it was, was a winged creature, if that was the case it was best she catch it inside here. If not then he would...fix the problem.

She continued out of the room and down the hall to where her alarm was first set off.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Naturally, The Gryphon retreated once it saw the demon flying up towards him.

Gareth heard his Gryphon screeching in the sky, And than he realized what a predicament situation he was in, He had broken into a, inhabited warlock's tower, Stole some books, and killed her imp.

He put the things he took back on the table, and then he continued down to the base of the tower to get out.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

As he moved to leave the room the two jumped out of the shadows in an attack at the demonic looking ranger. They where caught short by what appeared to be a tentile of pure black which wrapped around their throats yanking them back and sending them sprawling back on the floor.

"I thought I told you NOT to kill him" she said smoothly but with a tone so filled with threat and annoyance that they both withered back.

"Go now!" she said simply to them in that same icy tone. Both of them blanched if it was possible. In the light instead of the shadow it was clear their skin was milk white.

It didn't take either of them long to dissapear back into the shadows, when they did she stepped forward revealing herself fully, the tenticles having dissipated to nothing the second they had crashed to the floor.

"Now" she turned her cruel violet eyes on the Tiefling, she saw him for what he was not some demonic apparition as the others had.

"Why have you broken into my tower? And why where you attempting to steal my collection?"
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth looked back at her with his horns slightly gleaming in the dim room.

"Im going to be absolutely, Completely honest with you."

Gareth said in a sweet, innocent tone and then continued.

"You see, I have not made any noteworthy sums of money at all this month, not that I need them, I live completely off the land, Sadly, Living off the land wont buy booze, So i figured, Why not break into some old tower in search of loot, I thought it had been abandoned long ago...

Umm... Until i killed one of your imps, Sorry about that."
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She looked evenly at him her expression not changing for an instant. She acctually didnt care about the imp. They where annoying little creatures but he was loyal and did as she commanded without complaint.

"I would normally kill someone for even touching my things, however I am in a good mood today so if you put every single thing back in its rightful place I wont drain every ounce of demonic energy from your blood, skin you alive and leave you out for the crows and Vultures"
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

But if i put them back i would have to touch them, and then you would kill me anyways! I know your trickery!
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow peering at him for a long moment, the look was not a comfortable one to be under but it was not exactly hostile either.

"I like you, you have guts and at least a little bit of a brain, which is more than I can say for most who enter my tower"

She turned on her heels as the large demon she had summoned earlier returned.

"It was a gryphon, it was smart enough to retreat" he said in a grumble of a voice.

"Did you kill it?"

"No"

"Very well. I release you" and that was that in a surge of flame it vanished again. She then rose her hand chanting a few words under her breath, symbols appeared glowing in the air in front of her for a moment than the same imp he had killed earlier appeared again.

"Mistress!"

"You failed me"

"No Mistress! Never"

"You died You failed"

It looked terrified of what would happen for this revelation of failure, obviously she was not kind to failure.

"You will get to work and put everything back, you will be...punished for your failure later, do not do so again or it will be twice as bad"

"Yes Mistress! Right away!"

The little imp flew off terrified to do his work, she looked over her shoulder at the Tiefling.

"Do you have a name, Tiefling?"
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

My name is Gareth, Yours?
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=red:7out090e]Raising one hand to the air Merik calmly traces a runic pattern into the air, one hand trailing down into his pouch to run across the semi expensive components he had brought along for these particular spells. It had taken him a few months as well as a lot of headache to finally make it here, however if the lady inside was truly as good as the rumors said then he could learn much. Which would make all the time and effort he had put into it worth it

As a soft light shoots off toward the north his eyes close brieftly, locking onto the magical signature before vanishing in the smallest flashes of light, the teleport obvious to anyone with any magical awareness. A few moments later he would reappear next to the most convient opening. Normally he'd not just walk into someone's home uninvited, however for this one occasion he would make an exception, for if she were busy making potions or some other such important activity his knocking could very well disturb her

A moment later he raises one hand, the ring on his left hand glowing slightly as the magic locator spell imbued in the gem shows him the most likely path toward her. Lowering the hand he starts forward, cloak bellowing behind him. He was fairly powerful in his own right, Having learned both the paths of wizard and sorcerer. So he was certain she'd feel him comming[/color:7out090e]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.