The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard blinks for an instant, not quite certain if she is serious, then laughs outright. "Most decidedly NOT! I DID say I had abandoned my home, after all. That was merely ONE of the reasons I left. He wished me to do precisely that, and to join in his 'profession' as well. Obviously, I had other ideas. It was when he took thewoman I loved down to the temple for my mother to sacrifice her to that demonic spider-witch that I left. It was either that, or get myself killed seeking vengeance on them both."

He is silent for a moment, a dark look coming over his face. "He can HAVE his kingdom if it makes him happy. I want no part of it, or anything else from my homeland. I spent almost a year wandering the surface before that shrine brought me here. Let him keep his kingdom- little good it will do him without an heir to hold onto it."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

She cannot help but return his expression of confusion. Blinking once her head tilts even as brows furrow together.

"I'm terribly sorry? I thought I understood that he rose up against the matrons in your home." Her expression of confusion deepens all the more. "I'd meant no offense....perhaps I have misunderstood. The common tongue is yet new to me?"

Angling her head forward she is silent for a few moments time, replaying what he'd said over through her thoughts. The softest of sighs comes and she clears her throat though her gaze does not return to him but rather remains locked on her own wine swirling in her glass.

"I am sorry for your loss." Whisper quiet words are offered though such things are never any true consolation for such loss.
L'veirs ulu l'ssussun dos inbau l'olathur l'veldrin doera
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

"On the matter of the Quest in question, I'm in agreement. Spoils should be divided by either the priority of necessity - ensorcelled blades should go to those who can wield them best, scrolls to those who can read them, etc. - or absent necessity to the division of equality.

Of course, if anyone wishes to disregard their share, I'd be willing to take it of course, but I seldom see that being the case.

The question of scruples in the dealings of force is an important one. I do not care, once one has made themselves known as an enemy, to leave enemies at my back. However, if one is made the head of this quest, I will defer to her judgement...or his, as the case may be."

He turns his gaze to the interplay again of Lothir and Chalithra, lingering on Chalithra as he had on Nyssa.

"Loss is a grand motivator it seems. The fuel for our own personal fires. Yet, I know precious few who devote themselves to the Spider Queen and yet take to the sea. Is that common in your own realm? I recall you mentioning a Sea Spider among your patron's fleet?"
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

If she noticed the lingering gaze of Alak she gave no indication. She did however shake her head ever so slightly as if clearing her thoughts. By the time her gaze turned to him the small frown that had been lingering on her lips was quite scarce, replaced by her ever present mischief filled grin.

"My thoughts precisely. I haven't gotten to travel with those who band together because they want to. I think it would be an interesting experience to say the least." Her head tilts a bit as she studies him. "Would you like to sit? If we're all going to continue chatting you may as well be comfortable yes?"

The conversation turning to loss has her falling silent yet again. The last of her wine is finished, this now being her third glass she leans to snag the bag she'd lain beneath her chair. Pulling it to her lap she rifles through it for a few moments before pulling out a small burlap sack, opening this she frowns and with a sigh lays a few coins on the table. Enough to pay for her meal and her drinks. She then tucks the small sack back into the larger bag and once again stuffs it beneath the table.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa doesn't speak at first, she simply looking on studying her companions. She notices the silent interaction between Alak and the females at the table, but says nothing. Cymus returns silently to his spot in front of the fire as she takes a sip of wine.

"I think I've reached my limit on wine," Nyssa says as she sets down her glass and turns to remove her coat. She unlaces her fingerless gloves, removes them and puts them on top of her coat. "I must show you one of the dances I learned in Zahkara, Lothir. You'll love it."

She crosses her bare arms on the table. She sets her head down on her arms briefly and pops back up with a random thought. "Do you like shopping, Chalithra?"
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

And with that, the door of the entrance cracks open, and a head peers inside, Taking in the smell of fresh brewed ale and mead and food being prepared, <Home at last> He thinks and chuckles under his breath, The door swings open all the way and closes behind him quietly, Leaving a slight chilling gust of wind throughout the Inn.

The heavily armoured figure seems un-phased by the gust, Partly because of the heavy ebony colored plate and full helm, and greaves, leading down to a long silvery sword and an Ebony and gold bow, A belt with a ever staring skull buckle.

He carries on into the dining and bar area, where he hears songs of a bard, And tales from many adventures.

But he almost seems to glide past them, grabbing a mead from the counter-top and paying, sitting at a nearby table, Listening closely to the discussion, Not noticing any of his past traveling companions at the nearby table, Bu merely focusing on the now half empty mug of ale.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, no, yo didn't misunderstand, milady. It's just that the situation back home is- complicated. He did indeed rise up against them, with a full army at his back. The revolt took place in several powerful Houses at once, and was over before most of the Matrons even knew it was happening. Many of the priestesses were slain outright, and others were given a choice to either follow the newly risen Patrons, or join their mothers and sisters in death. My mother was one of the smart ones." He grins, letting that part sink in.

"So the cities are more-or-less divided between the two factions, now. The remaining Matrons keep a tighter rein on their Houses, but lack enough forcs or resourses to retake those that were overthrown, while HE attempts to either coerce or take be force those that remain. They have chosen to let him keep his power for now, as they no longer have the srtength to win any war, and tere are occasionally deserters from their ranks. The preistesses are basically waiting for a chance to regain their power. He did at leastallow them to keep most of the laws and customs, such as male deference to Noble females, especially lolth's clergy in most Houses. But many of the males now follow other gods, so there are temples to sveral of them now in most of the cities. It's a gender-stalemate." He shrugs, and takes another drink.

"In answer to your question, Alak, yes I did mention that one of the ships was called the Sea Spider, but it was more in reference to its speed and manuverability than any reverence or respect for that goddess. He's fond of irony." He makes a slight smirk, and chuckles. "And, of course, lucky me to be caught in the middle of the two of them- his ambition, and my mother's scheming to use me as a way to regain what she believs is her rightful place." He shakes his head in disgust.

"The ships have traditionally been commanded by the males back home, so it's really little wonder that they eventually decided they wanted the same respect at home." He pours another drink for alak and chalithra, then turnsto Nyssa and smiles. "I'd love to go with you and learn these new dances you mentioned. I'm always looking for new steps to add to my battledance."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali sat and listened to the numerous conversations, saying little but absorbing much. she wasnt much of a talker and haven not been around others outside her clan, she was very unfamilier with alot of things. but the stories, she loved stories.

the door opened and another walked in.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth pries the helm off of his head and turns sideways in his chair, Leaning on the back for support, and focusing on the nearby table, Sipping on his ale in the meantime, Soaking up the lesson on the ever so violent Drow and their politics, just as much as the alcohol.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa props up her elbows on the table. Placing her head in her hands she sighs, slightly unaware that the door opened until her panther companion exits the tavern through it.

"And this is why I'm partially glad I'm only half a drow," she says to no one in particular. "I didn't inherit my grand matron's nature. The only times I'm not glad is when I realize I can't go into Sshamath by myself. I'd be killed....or sold. either way is bad."

She turns back to Lothir. "We can go after we...visit Dambrath. Which brings me to my next question or questions. Who is going with me? When are we leaving? And does anyone need to stock up on supplies? I say we leave in two days at dawn. It will give us time to stock up ((and for me to start a thread))."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

Her attention is pulled to the door when it opens. For a brief moment her gaze dances over the entering gent. With a blink her attention refocuses on the group she was currently chatting with. Granted, spread as they were over three tables it did make things interesting.

She cannot help but grin when she is asked about shopping.

"Is it that obvious that I'm a clothes glutton?" Glancing down at her own garb her grin spreads. "Yes, I do enjoy shopping though I'm afraid that the trek here has left me remarkably short on coin." She frowns heavily but in the next breath shrugs as if to say that it doesn't really matter.

Striking blue eyes shift to land on Lothir as he begins to speak. After he has finished speaking she nods slightly in understanding.

"The city of Sshamath has had a very similar uprising. The matrons are no longer in charge there and there are no houses but instead towers of magic. Anyone who is a wizard is welcome no matter their race. I have heard that it is illegal to have a wizard as a slave in Sshamath. The priestesses still have some small sway there, but not near what they would like. I imagine they regret the birth of so many males." She shrugs once again even as she relaxes back in her chair, her spine remains perfectly straight thanks to the corset wrapped around narrow waist.

"Why would you be killed for entering Sshamath?" Confusion dances in her gaze as she shifts her attention back to Nyssa. "Well. If there is loot to be plundered I'd be happy to go along. Two days hence is fine on my end."
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth was now turned around completely in his seat facing the table with his eyes gleaming, "An adventure? With... My old friends Lothir and Nyssa? With action and plundering a Drow city for loot?! I know i don't know some of you that well, Like the pretty young 'Clothes Glutton' But if you are going, and you need an extra pair of strong hands, then i would be glad to help in any way I could! Just let me know and il pack my bags!"

Gareth was now intently listening for a response of any kind. Hoping highly that he would be able to go on a great adventure once again.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"we're not plundering a drow city for loot, Gareth. Sshamath is place I have never journeyed at the request of my mother. She was born there and her family was aligned with the drow that were crushed in that uprising. My mother betrayed her house and helped the Conclave. She always told me that if I ever went there I would be killed. I have always honored that request...but I want to shop at the Dark Weavings Bazaar. I hear they have all kinds of things there. And I miss shopping."

"Aside form that, I am taking a trip to the place Dambrath. A revenge mission if you will. And a few have volunteered to go with me."

((go to the page before this and read about the scroll))

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Ah, my apologies then Nyssa, I just arrived, and I heard "Loot" You know how it is, Anyways, Let me help. I wish my return to be a kind, yet lively one, And helping a damsel in distress shop and then complete a revenge mission is just.... Awesome...

And i have always had a knack for adventuring! So again, Just say the word and il pack my things!"

Gareth is filled with glee at the thought of another adventure, after a large absence, and a long, long period of time stuck in a monastery training in the ways of the cleric, and honing his skills as a warrior, He has become longing for the great call of battle and journey once more.
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

"Gareth is it?" Alak smiles at the newcomer, and gestures to a waitress. "Please, good lady, a round...or two to catch up...for Gareth."

He proffers up the coin, and winks at the passing serving lady. His small frame still distinctly fills his robes, giving the impression of an early blooming adolescent. Yet, for all the slight quality of his body, his eyes and fingers most tell the tale of his intellect. He is always calculating, and the darting of his eyes is proof of it.

His fingers, so used to manipulating the quartz and the sulfur, the silver dust and the pearls, dance whenever he speaks, illustrating his point.

He turns his left hand towards Gareth. "Its been a while since I've seen one touched by the planes. Well, touched by the Blood War at least. I do know a few Fire Genasi in service to the Eternal Flame, may Kossuth forever burn the way to perfection. So what are you drinking?"

To Nyssa, "I'm all for the dividing equally, and I'm willing to join. I won't guarantee to travel all the way, nor to remain for any set duration. I can never know if my enemies will catch up with me, or if yours will prove more than I can bear. But where I can help, I will."