The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Good bye Alak! What a nice guy, What a character, Anyways, Il be able to leave as soon as you, However, Il be staying at the Inn, Because of my long absence at the monastery, My house in the woods was kind of... Over taken by nature... If anyone wants to join me the spare key is on top of the door."

With that Gareth walks up the stairs, and his room door slides close, and the lock turns.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard notes Alak's reaction, and rises, stepping toward him to hold out a hand. "My apologies if I gave offense, friend. It was not meant as an affront to your god, for I've great respect for all powers that be. I must admit that I do sometimes get a little carried away. Shall we call it a draw, then? And share the spoils, perhaps? I would certainly hate to think I had driven from the field the only one I've found up to such a challenge." A rakish grin spreads on his face, nodding back toward the table and ladies.

Then he leans down beside Gareth, his chin cupped in one hand, elbow propped up on the table, and gives him an innocent smile, batting his blue eyes in an over-done play at being a love-struck damsel. "Why Gareth, your heart melts for me? I had no idea you felt that way, my friend. Sadly, I shall have to decline the gift, as I already have my hands full with the three fair maids' hearts here."

He suddenly chuckles, and claps Gareth lightly on the back. "I DO know a rather comely vampire lass who would find you most interesting, though. And don't worry, she doesn't bite unless asked. I think the two of you would get along smashingly! That is to say, there would probably be a lot of smashed furniture afterwards."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Alak's smooth gait ends suddenly, midway to the door. He turns his head so that his chin rests over his left shoulder, shifting his gaze the rest of the way with only his eyes.

"And well met as well we part, Gareth. The road will be more interesting with the likes of you along, if you still mean to journey."

He turns his eyes to Lothir.

"The quick apology is noted to be as quick as the offensive words themselves. The matter is put aside, but I will endeavor to be considerate of the beliefs of others, if they are but a bit considerate of mine. There is nothing but a day's talk joining us. The sooner we find the stresses that will crack our traveling union, and shore them up, the better for all of us. Even the most casual of strangers need traveling courtesy."

He smiles just as rakishly. "But I am too wordy. So, my concession remains. I have other business, and I'm far better with my hands than my words in any event. I'll cede this ground made of conversation, and just consider the battlefield of sleeping arrangements at a later stage of our journey."

He turns to face the table again, taking in all those still sitting, and he bows once more.

"Gentlemen, ladies. It has been a pleasure to make your acquaintences, and I will enjoy our travels as they begin. If I'm sought before that, I will linger in town on my previously mentioned business. Good day to you, and my your Gods grant you wisdom and blessings as you deserve."

Then with a smooth turn, he begins moving again, towards the door.
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

Chalithra listened to everyone her brows crinkling a bit when Alak stands to leave. Her lips parted as if she were going to say something but fell silent when the quick apology is made. But that didn't seem to keep the other drow from leaving so she shrugged ever so slightly releasing a heavy sigh before rising to her own feet, she sways slightly having had a bit too much wine.

"I think Alak has the right of it. I've a few things to see to before the city begins to quiet. I'll be making my rest here should any of you have need of me."

She picks up her bag and slings it back over her shoulder, picks up her gloves. The time is taken to put them on, a bare smile dances over her lips as she looks down at the supple leather. The strange hat is then placed atop her head. Now she pulls down the goggles that would help protect her eyes from the glare of the sun. A dip of head and an upturn of hand and she turns about and makes her way out the door humming softly as she goes.
L'veirs ulu l'ssussun dos inbau l'olathur l'veldrin doera
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Well," Nyssa sighs. "Since everyone is leaving, I will leave as well. I must meditate and prepare for our journey." Nyssa stood up to collect her things. She donned her jacket and cloak once again. As she walked towards the door she turned back to the companions.

"I will return before I go to Dambrath. If you are not here when I leave, then I will leave with out you. Usstan ortelanth nindel nindyn d'dos vel'uss xun naut morfeth ol xuil udossa orn tlu al. Aluve." She exits the tavern and meets Cymus in the woods to meditate.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix noticed how everyone was leaving and decided to go out and get his bearings, not to mention a good long jog to clear his mind.
He dug into a pouch on his armor and withdrew a micro-comlink, which he extended to Veraka; the aasimar gave him a curious look at the simple cylindrical device with a what looked like a very small stem protruding from it, which was the mike.

"Look, just put it in your ear and tell me if Nyssa returns, wouldn't want to miss another adventure, ehh?" The clone asked with a grin.

Veraka grumbled as he took the odd looking device; "and what exactly am I supposed to do with this?"

Onix put a hand to his head, sighing and shaking his head in discontent.
"Just put the thing in your ear and I'll be able to communicate with you over a very good distance, got it?"
Veraka nodded, put the device into his ear canal.
Onix turned to the remaining group, and said "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you all, and I do intend to come back, and journey with Nyssa, so, until then," the clone finished off with a crisp salute, turned about and walked out of the establishment; putting on his helmet, he noticed that Veraka had taken up a chat with the wild elf named Ariali.

Turning immediately to his left, Onix broke into a run that took him into the forest; along the way, he noticed Chalithra, whom he gave a nod of the helmet to. The clone then engaged Maximum Strength, and jumped a solid 17 feet up onto a the top of a roof of a building.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Aww, just when we were having so much fun... Guess the party's over.

The bard raises his glass to each of them as they leave, with a murmur of "We'll be here waiting for you."

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

soon its just lothir, veraka, aurora, the distracted twins and ariali. well, and the wizard who's fixated on his puppets.
she gives a very curious look as the alien guy hands veraka an item before leaving himself.
"what kinda spell does that have she asked the warrior. and it seams like most everyone but us left."
she sees the waitress coming their way.
"so who all is participating then? on her adventure i mean," she asks the two males still at the table.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"A trip to Dambrath sounds like fun, and I've been itching to use my blades again in a good cause. Besides, I've been lounging around getting soft for long enough. I'll go," Lothir says, nodding to her. "Nyssa's a friend, and I'd hate to let her go off without SOME protection."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka eyed the odd device that Onix had just given him; hearing Ariali's question, he turned to her and said "I don't know what kind of magic fuels this odd . . thing; I don't even feel any enchantment's upon touching it."

He soon realizes that Ariali's right; all but them are left in the Inn; "seems you're right," he says to Ariali, "as to your question of whether or not I'm tagging along on this little adventure of Nyssa's, I suppose I am. From the looks of thing's, I'd go as far to say that none that I've saw among the little group that was here moments ago fits the bill as to what my friend, named Onix, refers to as a 'tank'. So, I'm guessing that puts me on the 'To Go' list, and having Aurora around makes things easier to," he grinned, taking a look at his drink that the waitress now handed him.
"Thank you, miss," says Veraka as he hands her a few coins.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Tank? I believe he did explain those once. Sounds more like monster snacks in a can, if you ask me." The bard says with a chuckle. "Not that I don't respect knights and such, but I've never put much stock in heavy armor. Slows you down too much. If it comes to getting out alive- I'd rather be able to run really fast, instead of hoping some piece of metal will keep me from becoming some dragon's chew-toy. But, hey- the more, the merrier, right?" It is clear from his good-natured tone that he is teasing Veraka, as he lifts his glass in a salute.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Monster snacks in a can?" the aasimar asked, giving the bard a curious look as he downed some of his drink; then realizing Lothir's dragon comment, he understood the reference.
"Hmm, well not that I'm one to be a judge of anything, friend; but for me, retreat is never an option. If you're going into a fight, you'd better be prepared to come out on top, or not at all," he replies, keeping his tone even. For Veraka, retreat was never an option, it was either fight till the end, or die trying. "Course that could be because one to many times I've been the one saving the small fries of any given group," he joked back, grinning at he drow bard.

He decided to throw in little curve ball himself, "and as to being a dragon's chew toy, I'd bet three platinum that a dragon trying to make a munch outta me is going to be in for one helluva tooth ache." Veraka emphasized his point, tapping on his platinum-dragon scale plate armor.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard raises a brow at the knight's comment, and shrugs. "Well, some people have a tendancy to bite off more than they can chew, as it were. I'm not one to back down from a fight, mind, but there's wisdom in the old saying 'He who fights and runs....' you know. I'd much rather live to fight another day, myself. And then come back with a bit more power at my back. It certainly beats meeting an undignified end as a dragon-snack. Or a meal for aything else, for that matter. And I'VE never NEEDED saving." He grins, wiggling his brows as he slips the twin daggers from his boots, twirls them a few times in his hands, and tucks them back in.

He eyes the scale armor suspiciously, frowning. "I do hope you didn't harm any wyrms in the making of that. One of my best friends years ago was a silver. Come to think of it, the only one of THAT color I've ever heard of is supposedly a god, and I KNOW you would have made an easy meal for HIM!"

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar looked taken aback by the statement; "Lothir, if I had harmed a goodly wyrm in crafting this, then I would be exactly what you so aptly described about that certain God," he paused, then grinned.

"Then you're in for a surprise; no Lothir, I can personally garuntee that this armor was not crafted from any wyrm's scales but that EXACT one of a GOD that you mentioned. I was graced by the Lord of the North Wind when I was falling and falling hard from my faith in both people and myself; HE was the one who GAVE me this armor." He tapped his armor again, "and so here I am, champion of Platinum Dragon himself, though for what purpose he has set forth, I know not. I believe that my service to the Dark Maiden made an impression upon my being that he saw and wanted to help bring forth."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, forgive me if the question seemed a bit blunt, but one can never tell with such things. It's good to hear that you have found something worthy to believe in. I'm not especially familiar with him, myself, but anyone who follows the Platinum Wyrm can't be ALL bad, " he says, with a grin that makes it obvious he is teasing the knight.

"I know what you mean about not understanding why we are chosen by one power or another. I once received a visit from the Maiden herself, and have been pledged to her ever since. Why she came to me, I've never learned, but I am glad that she did." He smiles sincerely, a warm light coming into his light blue eyes at the thought.