The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((with the others that were at the table. so in between? tho she would be swaying a bit and about tumbled out of the seat.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The drow glances over at the sound of someone tumbling from their seat, and suddenly looks surprised, having recognized her. "Ah, speaking of familiar faces- Vala, Palx, I'd like you to meet Ariali. She and I have had quite a little adventure together not so long ago."

"I'll BET," mutters the elven knight in disgust. His comment earns him a quick scowl and kick to the shin from the female.

"Well met, Ariali," says the gold-woman. "I am Vala Seyr Quirin, and this is my brother Palaxendor. We hail from dear Lothir's homeworld."

"SIR Palxendor, sister." adds the male, bowing stiffly to the elven girl. "It figures he would be acquainted with another female- it seems he has a habit of finding every attractive female around."
Last edited by Aylstra Illianniis on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Xyris flew up the pathway with his horse, leaves and sticks flew by his face and the wind stung his face, he slowed to a walk and left the mustang in the stables, He tied it quickly to the horse hitch and straightened his cloak, before gripping his knifes and heading inside. A cool breeze blew into the inn and tickled the faces of people in the inn, Xyris entered in and pulled a chair from a table in the dark corner of the room to sit, he sat back and pulled out a book to read while the waitresses came to serve him, His eyes darted around the room; scanning the room for the kind of people seated and talking, Wondering if he should be looking for a way out of a job here.

Xyris flagged down a waitress and told her in his soothing suave voice: "A glass of wine, take your time, dear." all the while reaching into his pack to pull out something that had been jabbing him in the leg all afternoon, He pulled it out; It was a crossbow, but not your ordinary one, it was modified, The wood on the top that was usually oak or maple was a fine steel, and instead of the regular one bolt string action one, this one had a round chamber, about the size of a large water skin, it filled half the bottom of the bow, and was filled with tiny silver bolts, He pulled it out and lent it against the wall. Then began to sip on the wine.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The gold-skinned male turns to briefly regard the newcomer, though he seems to ignore the tipsy elven female. He looks around, noting that there are no other patrons in the inn. "This place must have poor service to have so few customers," he says with mild distain.

"Don't be so certain, Palax- it's still early yet," replies the drow. "The food and lodgings are actually very good here. It's probably just the storm keeping everyone away.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

ariali smiles as her face increasingly grow redder. had she realized it, she would likely be shamed too. the lythari gets up and dust herself. a sheepish look on her face as she nods to the new comers.
"I am Ariali Moonblade of the," she paused to let the spinning stop, "silver shadow tribe."
she missed the tone and attitude of the male or else she would have shyed away.
"well met to yall too."
she looks over to lothir and smiles at the first guy to give her a flower.
"the drinks are rather strange. im not sure about them..."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard gives her a concerned look, and moves to pick up her glass and sniff it. "Are you sure someone didn't spike your drink earlier? I've not known you to be so tipsy before. Especially so early in the day. Tell you what- I'll order you some food to help settle your stomach." He smiles, and offers her a chair at their table. "Palax, behave yourself, Ariali is not quite as familiar with civilization as the rest of us, and she's lythari besides, so don't go making a scene, please."

"Excuse me, but who is the holy knight here?" retorts the tall golden elf, giving the drow a sour look. "Of course I shall be polite."

"That's a first..." mutters the drow under his breath.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Xyris closes his book and slides it into his pack, He quietly leans forward and listens to the rambling of the tipsy elf and the hoiler than thou attitude of the 'holy knight'. Xyris chuckles lightly at the "Thats a first" comment. He leans back in his seat and applauds quietly
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Palax glances over at the applauding human and lifts one thin silvery brow. "Something amuses you, sirrah?" He asks, looking slightly annoyed. The female sighs, and punches his arm.

"Palax, remember your manners, brother dear. We are guests here, and I'd really prefer not to get tossed out into that rain." She chides, then takes the glass the drow pours her from the newly-arrived bottle and food.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Xyris sipped o his wine and put his feet up onto the table, "You amuse me." He replied to Palax. "Is it just the attitude, or the wine talking for you?" He chuckled, "Please, act as if im not here, id love to see this progress. Maybe we can have a big drunken barfight and have a grand time?" Xyris slipped his hand to the pack and pulled out a set of rings; He put one on each of his fingers while sipping back wine.
Last edited by Gareth Ravenmantle on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali looked confused, the image of tiny metal objects in her drink. but she guessed it was meaning of something else.
"tipsy is sorta how i feel about now. my this is, um, rather..."
the lythari was walked over to a seat, not far from where a human and wizard looking sat conversing with the golden elf.
she closed her eyes a second then opened them again the spinning slowed a bit but she was still lightheaded.
uncharateristicly of her, she began to hum a song then sing the words. Ariali normally was too shy to ever consider singing aloud, but she felt she just had to.
it was definitely the drink!
even more surprising was the beauty of her voice, the melody and the way she carried out the words. the song was one she heard the priestess of the Glades singing in the evenings. and this particular one was joyful.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Pay him no mind, he's always a little surly. Too much wyrm in the blood, you know," remarks the drow with a smirk, winking. That gets him a cold glare from the male. Meanwhile the gold-skinned elf woman shakes her head and rolls her eyes at the two, and smiles at Ariali.

"Why don't you join us, dear- it's really no trouble, and besides, I could use a bit of female company. Being on the road with these two is a bit exasperating at times!"

"Yes, I'd VERY much like to hear what sort of 'adventure' you two went on," says the knight pointedly, looking from thedrow to Ariali.

Palax, why don't you eat something? It'll give you a chance to put something in your mouth besides your foot," the bard retorts.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"if im no bother." she said as she abruntly paused in the song. she stood up slowly, careful to hold herself up, tho giggling at herself.
the lythari joined female elf sitting hard on the chair tho making it without falling out.
"so where do yall join from?" she asked curious about these newcomers
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Xyris shook off the big thick mage robes and hood to reveal a pale thin face with a small mustache and a well sewn pair of noble garments, made mainly for lounging and casual occasions, They still looked above average though. Xyris motioned over for a waitress and ordered out some of the stronger stuff. "Where am i from, eh? Here... There... Everywhere! I was originally from a little island a couple weeks away from here, but that was a long time ago. Yourselves? I must not be the only one with interesting stories to tell and an exotic homeland."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Oh, of course not, dear," replies the female. "We're all from another sphere, rather far from this one, I believe. In fact, these two were only recently born, and they've already had their first taste of planar travel," says Vala, smiling and pointing down at the two sleeping forms in the basket. Judging from the blankets, it is a boy and a girl, both clearly of drow blood, though with a slightly golden tint to their dark gray skin.

"I'm not sure you'd call it an exotic homeland," replies the bard, unless one considers the Underdark exotic. I understand it is pretty much under every land here, though I can't speak for our own world. The most exotic thing I've come across on our world was these two, unless you count the Mage-city of Simara."

The knight simply leans back, studying the strangers with mild interest. He seems to have decided that they pose no threat, and now is beginning to relax, propping one foot up on the other knee.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, though intoxicated as he was, noticed that Lothir had company. So he decided to get to know them. Getting up and surprisingly not stumbling, considering the strength of his most recent drink, Veraka got up and walked over to Lothir, with Aurora tailing him.

"So Lothir; tell me; when did your tunes attract some new friends to this establishment?" he jested at the bard, though the smile on his face said that he was purely joking and in a friendly matter. Giving a polite bow to the lady and apparent knight in turn.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix