The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

" Oh, it wasn't my playing that brought these two, it was- well ,a bit of High Magic from some acquaintances on the Sword Coast, and a LOT of luck." He shrugs.

The other two look at the drow blankly, and the male clears his throat noisily.

"Oh. Sorry- my manners. Veraka, this is Vala and Sir Palaxendor Seyr Quirin, and the two in the basket are Mayerelaen and Zaknirrachel E'Terrin'dar." He lets the last part sink in with a grin.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"A pleasure ma'am," the aasimar gives a low bow to Vala, then turns to Palax, "Sir Palaxendor, Veraka Orden, Storm Warrior and paladin of Bahamut the great Platinum Dragon, at your service."

Veraka, then turned to Lothir as the bard pointed to the younglings in the basket, then back to a grinning Lothir; "And [b:w1r5ky16]your[/b:w1r5ky16] trying to hit on the ladies here? For shame," the aasimar returned the bards smirk with one of his own, shaking his head all the while.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the lythari smiles to the female. she guessed the couple had adopted them, maybe saved them from some horrible death. (she's got an active imagination).

Ariali thinks for a second. then remembering the bards last name, she looks at him then to the basket and the couple with the kids, some confusion in her eyes.
she looks over to Veraka who speaks up, her mind catching up on everything finally.
"your married?" she ask somewhat incredulous.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Xyris pulled a long wooden and gold object out of his pocket, his pipe, it was engraved with supposedly decorative runes on the shaft. "I hope you don't mind if i smoke... Another plane you say? Well thats... incredible, I went on a spelljammer flight once, Quite the trip. and the Underdark? Sounds like an dangerous place."

Xyris stretched out in the chair. "So, What brings you all here to the inn? I myself am looking for adventure before i go to icewind dale."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"What?" asks the drow, confused. "No, I wasn't hitting on anyone, as you put it, Veraka. Let's just say some things have changed since the last time you saw me. for one thing, I didn't know about these two then." He indicates the sleeping infants, and chuckles. "And let me tell you, THAT was quite a shock! I thought I was just reuniting with two dear friends, and suddenly I discover I've got a family I've never even SEEN!"

"He fainted right there on the floor," chuckles Vala. "It was really quite funny. I didn't think he could be fazed by anything- but THAT? I suppose it WAS a bit of a surprise..." She shrugs.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Turning to Xyris, Veraka nods his ok; "go right ahead."

Turning back to Lothir, the aasimar crosses his arms and raises a brow to the drow bard; "Sure you weren't, my overly flirtatious bard friend," Veraka continues to jest at Lothir, his sarcastic tone all to obvious.

Upon hearing Vala's comment about Lothir fainting at the sight of younglings, Veraka has to visibly restrain himself to not burst out laughing, though Aurora seems to have a grin on her white wolf face.

"Well, looks like you can't exactly go around looking for cute acquaintances, being Mister Dad; you've got yourself two little reasons to be responsible now, don't you?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Him?! Responsible?! That'll be a cold day in the Nine..." mutters the knight. He gets a swift glare from both of the others, and a kick to his chair from Vala. "Well, it's TRUE." He says, staring back at her before he nods to Veraka. "So tell me, Sir Varaka, what brings you here? I've heard from that other fellow there why he came." He turns to the stranger. "Not another plane, exactly, just another sphere on the Prime. But very far from this one."

The drow finally realizes what Ariali said, and looks startled for a moment. "Well- ah, not married precisely, at least not in the legal or spiritual sense- but I suppose you could say we are, uh, joined. We haven't actually made it formal yet," He looks slightly embarrassed, as if it's something that hasn't been fully worked out. "And I'm NOT flirtatious, I just like to be friendly and courteous to females- it's how I was raised, after all." He shoots back at Veraka, making a slight face at him.

"RIIIIGHT," mutters Palax.

"We're takingthings slow for now," replies Vala. "Obviously, there are some things that have changed since we were together before, and we're both still tying to figure out were it all fits, if you can see what I mean."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka again has to restrain himself not to burst out laughing, the teasing that he's giving Lothir is nearly too much as it is.

[color=indigo:3bo6r5ut]"And I'm NOT flirtatious, I just like to be friendly and courteous to females- it's how I was raised, after all."[/color:3bo6r5ut]

"Lothir; courteous and friendly in the context that you use is flirtatious in my book," the aasimar retorts, still not giving up on teasing the bard, but he decides that's the last of the flak he'll give Lothir for now; "can't be making a bad example in front of the kids," he snickers to the bard.

Regaining his composure, Veraka turns his attention to Palax and responds; "Well, Sir Palax, truth be told, I really wasn't planning on swinging by, but an. . . . odd friend of mine insisted that we swing by, so I obliged and here I am."

Aurora lifted her head from where she was resting it; [i:3bo6r5ut]speaking of which where is Onix; I haven't seen him since about half the little band left.[/i:3bo6r5ut]

"Dunno; I think he said he was going for a walk or something of the like," the aasimar responded, not sure where his alien friend had went.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Oh, vith it, Veraka, can't a fellow treat a lady with respect and admiration without being accused of flirting? And I do most certainly admire them. From the front, the back, the side, or any other angle you can think of. 'Tis not a crime to show appreciation for beauty where one finds it, is it?" He asks innocently. Then he bursts out laughing. "Well, I'll wager you've done your share of admiring, too, you old dog. Don't think you're immune to a female's charms just because you're a knight. Somehow I doubt you ever took any vows of chastity..." He grins wickedly.

"Onix took a sbbatical? Not surprised." He says on hearing of the alien's departure.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali just listened while she sat there.
"oh," she said. tho kids without a union wasnt known her small clan. "so where is she?" the lythari was slightly embarressed too. he had been so kind and given her attention. only a two guys ever had.
"can we meet her too?"
turning to the elven female, "so tell me about yall," she asked leaning forward on her hands, arms on the table. she looked over to her drink, then decided it did enough things to her already.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Meet her? Well, you already have..." The bard looks at her a little puzzled. He nods toward Vala, who chuckles softly at the lythari's confusion.

"Well, there's not much to tell, really. Palax and I are from the same world as he is, and we are, as you might have noticed, a bit different from most Quessir. Our father is a gold dragon, you see. We met my loquatious paramour nearly two years ago, when my brother was sent on a mission to capture some drow who were causing problems in the lands we were living in then. It seems Lothir here had taken leave of his home without his family's approval, and they were VERY anxious to retrieve him. Enough so that two parties were sent out, and both were causing all sorts of chaos in the interim."

"I STILL say we should have left him under that horse..." mutters Palax, scowling.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:3kqtsvnc]So the bard wants to trade 8-balls, huh; oookkkkaay,[/i:3kqtsvnc] the aasimar thinks to himself
"You would, and do, all too well; that's the problem; and now look where it got you. I can't imagine that's how you ended up with these two," he gestures toward the two in the basket; "is the fine lady you wooed the one who took you're charms to the max?" Veraka asks, grinning at his own curve ball that he just tossed back to the bard.

It was then that Veraka frowned at the bard's own jest; "ok smart one; you try being raised among the barbarian tribes of the Uthgardt and come out with the same respect for women that I have. Add to that an adventure some time ago where I fell for a very admirable girl, only to have her run off to gods know where in Faerun. Then a short time later, meet up with this cute lythari," he gestures towards Ariali; "and have a good time getting to know her; but realize then that her clan calls her home."

He turns to Ariali, and then gives a smile "Which is completely understandable, and perfectly acceptable, and I won't hold you against that Ariali. You're clan summoned you home and that is to be expected; but I won't say that we didn't come to like each other."
Returning his attention to Lothir; "so yes, my bard friend; you could say that I have had a little bit of a rough trip with the feminine kind."
"Admiring?" Veraka asks, raising a brow; "Admire them I do, yes; but not to the extent that you might. No, Lothir; I fear that I'm simply cut out to be the solitary knight and fighter, who leads a life of battle and honor and nothing else, I'm afraid. You could say that the female charms just plain out avoid me."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

ariali totally confused, tho the drink had some part of it.
"yall are siblings?" she ask of the golden elves.
then she heard Veraka and looked down at the table. he hadnt gotten over it. and she couldnt blame him. they had become very good friends, maybe closer, tho ariali wasnt the brightest in romance. duty to clan and deity came first. and she had to go.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Touche," he replies with a smirk. "Alright, that's perfectly understandable, Veraka. But that's really a pity, since you're SUCH a lovable guy!" He snickers, referring to the knight's comment about being avoided. "But since you mentioned it, I'll go you on better, friend. How about growing up in a mostly female-dominated world where even DECLINIG a woman's wishes can lead to death or worse, and dealing with the nuisance of being very much 'in demand' as it were due to one's status and rank, not to mention the rather questionable fetishes of some of said females, and STILL somehow coming out of it without the overwhelming desire to run off to some remote hils to become a permanently celibate monk-slash-eunich. And then even finding a mate AND managing to remain relatively sane and mentally unscarred after that kind of life."

He gives Veraka a candid stare, and then adds after a moment- "You know, it's really a wonder I even still want to have anything to do with them at all, after all that. Blame it on my hopelessly romantic side," he says with a grin. "And as for the flirting, that's really all it's ever been, despite what you might think, aside from two very special exceptions- one of them being right here. And might I add, as much of a surprise as it was, I would not trade these two for all the world." He looks over at Vala with a warm smile, and takes her hand.

Vala turns at the query and chuckles, seeing Ariali's puzzlement. "Well, yes- Palax and I are twins. He's a bit over-protective at times." She gives him a pointed look, while he simply pretends to ignore it.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka actually had to laugh for once in the conversation; "HA! Me captured and among the matriarchal society of the drow; and being in the situation that you just described. I don't even think the demon-goddess, Lolth herself, could stop the wrath of my mother. Solars may be known for their benevolence among the upper planes; but I can assure you that if them or their kin are ever threatened; their anger and wrath can rival that of the gods they serve," Veraka snickered himself, much enjoying the thought of his mother, a solar and an archangel to boot, kicking the Spider-Queen's ass to the Nine Hells and back.

"I may not know much about my mother or the circumstances regarding my past; but I [b:3vr8m0df]do[/b:3vr8m0df] know that she still lives and is somewhere up on the slopes of Mount Celestia."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix