The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=indigo:2djzbmpj]"Just exactly how DID you leave them?"[/color:2djzbmpj]

Onix chuckles at Vala; "well, they were trying to force women to do something against their will; I simply removed all of their motivation to do so, and believe me when I say that the torture methods that I was trained in are [b:2djzbmpj]not[/b:2djzbmpj] pretty nor quick."

Hearing Palax's question to Veraka, and seeing the aasimar's confused expression, the clone couldn't help but laugh; "Sir Palax I think you've mistaken Veraka for me; if the big man was in my position, those goons wouldn't be left, especially if Veraka's berserker rage came up and opened up a can of whup-ass on them, and I don't think he'd stop when they even begged for mercy," Onix chuckled from this, which surprisingly, brought a slight grin from Veraka.
"No Sir Palax; if Veraka had been there, those goons would be dead, and in not the kindest of ways, I might add."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the lythari sat down at the table and her head went down to hit, not hitting hard, but enough to make a small sound.
"i hope i dont get grumpy from this. I dont usually drink such things. but being new to this area..."
her stomach was feeling funny and odd now. the enterance of the newcomers causes her to lift her head up to see the dwarf and cloaked elf. Ariali smiled at them. but was her usual self, quiet.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena's eyes locked on the elven female, catching a glimpse of a smile and returning it with one of her own, then again her gaze shifted between the people, lingering upon Lothir for a moment. Finally she looked away, flashing a quick grin to Delrum.

[i:26nm50wd]Oh, I am not leaving anywhere yet, dear friend. My tea is here and ready, time to stretch the legs out some and get rest after the long road, hmm?[/i:26nm50wd] Grasped the cup gently with her both hands, bringing it up to her lips and taking a careful sip of still steaming amber-colored liquid. [i:26nm50wd]Mmm, delightful.[/i:26nm50wd]

Setting the cup down then, Luexena let her hands brush over the little sword shaped pin holding her cloak together, then down the simple leather vest covering her torso to the belt fastened around her waist. [i:26nm50wd]Though I am looking forward to getting rid of these travelling clothes at least for a while and putting a gown on.[/i:26nm50wd]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:2jb5sw5t]Bah. Ye women and your traveling clothes. Ye ought to be like me. Everything I have I can eat, sleep, drink, and fight in. [/i:2jb5sw5t] He took another deep swig of his ale then glanced over to the Elven woman as well before turning back to Luex. [i:2jb5sw5t]Reckon we be seeing yer sister soon? And is she bringin' the fey touched man wit 'er?[/i:2jb5sw5t]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:176k11ft]Shall I grow a beard like you, too, then?[/i:176k11ft] Another teasing grin lit up her face and she brought the cup to her lips once more, drinking her tea. Then the drow leant forward some and murmured quietly, watching the dwaft with a hint of mischief in her eyes. [i:176k11ft]You know what my grandmother would have said to that.[/i:176k11ft]

[i:176k11ft]And no, I hope not. Rae alone can be unbearable. When Caine is around, she is a bit too much for me to remain sane.[/i:176k11ft] Wrinkled her nose a bit, again leaning back. [i:176k11ft]Why, missing your armor getting painted odd colors, already?[/i:176k11ft]
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:13edjxgw]Oi. Yer grandmother woul' 'ave said ye look cute. And ye know it! [/i:13edjxgw]The dwarf grinned and polished off his first tankard, now moving to his second. At her question he'd scowl a bit. [i:13edjxgw]Tha' elffer shoul' be knowin' I'm gonna shove this boot up 'is rear if he touches my armor again![/i:13edjxgw]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: :p Whoops. I typed the wrong name there, V. Sorry! I meant Onix!

IC: "Onix, was it? Well, Sir Veraka there would have surely had the right of it. If I'd been there, I'd have fed them their manly parts, and THEN flamed them into to the Hells where they belong! There is no mercy for such filth." The paladin says. He notices the drow woman looking their way, and nudges the bard, none-to-gently. "Looks like someone is watching you. What is it with you? You seem to attract the notice of everything in a skirt in sight."

"Says the one whose creed is supposed to be justice and fairness. Why is it always smite first with you?" the drow retorts, mimicing Palax's comment from a moment ago. "And regarding that lady there, what do you expect? We're both drow, she's female, and I'm male. Guess I just have that effect on women!" He says with a shrug, grinning. He is clearly joking.

"Indeed. I might have to lock you away just to keep the competition at bay!" Vala replies. chuckling. The bard just gives her a sheepish smile, and would likely be blushing if his skin were not already black.

Lothir turns to Ariali and gives her a sympathetic pat on the back. He hands her the coffe when it arrives. "Here, have some of this. It will help sober you up. And I've some bread and cheese coming- you're welcome to have some. It might settle your stomach. And in the future, I'd suggest sticking to a simple wine."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The young priestess snorted softly at the dwarf's comment, doing her best to not just burst in laughter, bringing her hand up quickly and pressing her thin fingers to her lips. [i:3qynql8i]You truly are entertaining, dear Delrum. I can see why my father loves your company that much.[/i:3qynql8i] She shook her head some, dropping her hand and lifting the cup once more, taking yet another careful sip of the tea.

[i:3qynql8i]It's a lovely place here.[/i:3qynql8i] She paused for a moment, once again looking toward the other people, curiously studying each in turn, the dragonkin siblings caught her interest for a moment this time. [i:3qynql8i]Yet too quiet.[/i:3qynql8i] She continued musing, now watching the lythari and the aasimar with his friend. [i:3qynql8i]Perhaps a song would make an atmosphere here more lively? [/i:3qynql8i]

Then Luexena peered at the dwarf inquisitively, lofting her silvery brow. [i:3qynql8i]Perhaps you should do the honors? I recall you bragging of being a good singer.[/i:3qynql8i] Again a small teasing grin blossomed on her face. [i:3qynql8i]I can take my lute out and play for you if you sing. And I mean -singing-, not an angry cry of an ogre. I can even order more ale, if you like?[/i:3qynql8i] Surely she was trying to bribe her companion now, holding back a chuckle. The woman was in a good mood, enjoying the break after a long trip. [i:3qynql8i]Besides...[/i:3qynql8i] She continued, leaning over slightly, whispering now. [i:3qynql8i]If the barkeep likes your song, he might pour you a tankard for free.[/i:3qynql8i] With that she finished her tea, setting the cup on the table.
Caine Tir'ein-Deanna
Maid
Maid

Post by Caine Tir'ein-Deanna »

He wore a hat perched at the necessary jaunty angle, with a feather coming out the top. His face was creased with laughter lines, and a smile was beaming off him like the man never stopped, no matter how long he had been travelling as he pushed open the door and stepped. He was a very pale Moon Elf, and he didn’t look like one who could pass without drawing attention to himself. It might be the way he introduced himself to people, or the loud way he shouted across the Tavern to the poor unfortunate woman… ‘Luexy-Pants!’
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Aye, Sir Palax, Onix it is, ohh, sorry about that, completely forgot to give a decent introduction; Master Gunnery Sergeant Onix, 501st[/size:21z1zgv4] Hunters Battalion. Pleasure to meet you, Sir Palax, and you, mi'Lady," he indicates Vala with a nod of his helmet.

Veraka, hearing the rather loud introduction from the tavern entrance, looks over to see the moon elf make his rather loud intro.

Turning back to Onix, Vala and the rest of the group, the aasimar mutters, "Well maybe he's a little to drunk to have a proper entrance."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Y[i:2b05ohpb]er gonna nee' ta keep up with th' ale if ye expect me ta star' singin' Silver. I don't just bellow out an old Dwarven battle hymn for just any occassion, ye know. [/i:2b05ohpb]The dwarf would take another swig from his tankard before the voice of Caine broke out among the others, causing the dwarf to visibly straighten. He'd then narrow his eyes on Luexana, before he glanced towards the elf.[i:2b05ohpb] Oi. I see yer game. Keepin' me distracted so he can sneak up on me eh!?[/i:2b05ohpb]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

All the dwarf's suspicions at Luexena's account probably had vanished the moment he looked to her. At the sound of the oh so familiar voice, the drow winced and turned to the door, having that 'deer in headlights' look on her face for a few seconds. Then she exhaled slowly, struggling to regain her composure, before managing to smile a little and offer a wave of her hand.

[i:31gx1pvy]Speak of a devil...[/i:31gx1pvy] She murmured quietly to Delrum, settling in her chair once more, bracing herself, her other hand creeped up to grasp at the sword-shaped pin, as if trying to draw strength from the holy symbol.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

The dwarf grinned, perhaps cruelly upon seeing the drows suprise. Now the tables had turned. He'd raise his tankard to gesture Caine over, taking a swig from his third while the upraised one was busy. [i:3p73em0t]Oi! Ove' 'ere lad![/i:3p73em0t]"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"What is a Gunnery Sergeant?" asks the knight, puzzled. "Some sort of archer?" He glances over at the newcomer, and sighs. "I do not understande such folk..."

Lothir lifts one thin white brow, chuckling softly. "And here I thought I attracted a lot of attention..."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix put an armored glove to his helmet and sighed; then looking at Palax, he said "A Gunnery Sergeant, Sir Palax, is a rank, among where I come from; it denotes my position among the military force that I serve in. You see in my army, we have officers and NCO's or Non-Commissioned Officers. I am one of those NCO's. My rank of Master Gunnery Sergeant is one of the highest ranks there is within the military that I come from."

"Archer?" Onix asks Palax, not sure what the paladin is getting at; "if by archer, you're referring to artillery, then no, far from it. My position is frontal assault, much like a . . " the clone stop, looking for the right word, "a heavy shield-man, or pikeman; anything that's front line duty is my field of expertise, Sir Palax." Onix hoped he was making sense to the knight in his explanation.

Hearing Lothir's comment, Veraka snickered; "Oh but you do, my bardic friend; just the kind that your brother-in-law will give you shit for. After all, that's the last thing [b:mu9tyfd0]you[/b:mu9tyfd0] need, is another set of young ones to look after."

At this comment, Aurora lifted her head, and gave off what seemed to be a chuckle.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix