A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((We can all do the naga's action's the problem is I'd kill it to fast, oh wait, there's supposed to be eight enemies, nevermind :devil: ))

"Naga?! Interesting name for a bloody snake." Onix retorted, firing off another burst.
The clone saw Zarae cloak herself; switching to his thermal visor, he saw nothing. Onix continued to flip through visor modes until he found her using his GMD (Gravity Mass Detection) visor; her small form lit up by a lightly-hued green color. He saw that she was trying to get to a vantage point to get the drop on the 'naga', as she called the serpent.

Seeing that naga was about to go into some sorta ritual-type casting, Onix decided to play the distraction.
"HEY!! Shit-face, over here!" he yelled, firing a good-ten round burst to get the snakes attention. The .408 armor-piercing bullets tore into the snakes scaly-hide with a effective power.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Oh, Don't worry my little lady friend, These snakes are no match for the old Gareth one-two punch out! I know plenty of hand to hand styles, Whatch me break their faces!" Gareth rolls behind a log, And throws a boot-knife at the snakes' chest, hitting it in the belly, Wounding it, not fataly, but long enough for him to rush up, and give it a swift horizontal chop in the jaw, breaking it, He then raised his foot quickly off the ground, Slaming it one way, then coming back for another kick in the same motion, planting it on the ground as the snake tumbled to the ground, Gareth raised his foot high in the air, straightning it, and forced it down like a war hammer onto the naga's head. He drew his sword and rushed forward, but intead ran into an acid splash into the helmet, The smell of singed flesh filled the air, and another naga pounded him with 6 magic missiles.

He was thrown quickly backwards into the ground, and he leaned over to look to another friend.

"Oh man, Im not feeling too good. Lothir, You have a shot of whiskey to dull the pain?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Show off," Onix muttered as he saw Gareth go through his plethora of manuvers against one of the snakes, only to take a blast of some type of liquid to the face; the clone finished off the snake with a good 15 bullet burst to the chest, the recoil from his HMG propelling his rifle to target the Naga's head.

"One down, seven to go," he said, taking aim at the next of the snake. Pulling the second trigger on his Mauler, Onix sent a 45mm HELL Hound grenade toward the targeted Naga; the resulting 'BOOM!!' made him smile.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

As Zarae neared she saw others around. some less powerful, yet still good spell casters. she picked one off by itself in the back. visible again as Moonshadow sliced thru the scalely hide. then Stealthwisperer coming in to finish the beast. she turned and ducked and flipped out if range as a lightning bolt came at her. she activated her house insignia throwing a shield around herself.
the naga near the dying one turned into a defensive position to strike the close drowess. it missed an she vanished again from sight missing the gaze attack it attempted.
Zarae pulled her piwafwi around her as the fireball hit. the magic of the cloak protecting her from the fire. a dagger from the holder flashed as it hit it in the human looking forhead.
"i need to remember to get that back. I hate replacing them."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth sits back up, and throws his helmet to the ground, Putting his hands over his face, He was channeling divine energy to his face, healing it, leaving a small scar in the place of the burn. He picked himsel foff the ground and Unsheathed his sword, took the sheild off his back, His sword had been made especially for cutting limbs and hacking, and so, it had a stranger form, it looked like a very larger kukuri, but not as big of a curb in the blade, and so, he was adept at dismembering, And stabbing, it was a fatal combo with these naga, as their snake like bodies gave away some critical strikeing postitions.

He readied himself, feigning death, one of the snake's came to finish him, He jumped off of the ground, and made a large slice along the belly of the naga, its intestines spilling over onto the forrest floor. He hacked the two arms off in rapid sucsession and kicked it back into nearby rock.

"Dammit, Here i thought i could go with my weapon of choice, My own two hands and feet. Oh well, Better watch out you guys, some of these snakes are more powerful than the others."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: correct, Veaka! Yes, it was the infamous Monty Python bunny. Although I do have something like that in my world, as well, in the form of a carnivorous were-rabbit that my game group once encountered. He was part of the group, and still remembers running into that were-bunny with the big teeth....

IC: "Sorry, Gareth, I've no whiskey, but maybe if you ask nicely, I'll buy you a round later!" The bard shouts back, laughing as he leaps right into the midst of four of the spirit nagas. He begins to sing out an elven battle-hymn, and soon his eyes take on a look of rapturous madness as he falls into the steps of his dervish, or "battledance", as he is fond of calling it. His two sabers slide through the air so fast they almost hum, as his feet keep the tempo of the ever-increasing rhythm of the song while he slashes, parrys, and dodges the nagas' attacks. He moves about seemingly at random within the small cluster of nagas, slicing at each of them in turn and moving again before any one serpent can strike back.

A wild aerial spin with blades outstretched and legs kicking out takes the head off of one naga almost before it realizes he is attacking it, and he lands to roll beneath the attack of another, coming up in a graceful swing up and to te left that makes two long furrows in the hide of a third. Then he spins away on his toes to slash at the fourth, opening a line across its jaw to leave it hanging uselessly, before weaving to avoid a fireball from the one that he rolled past.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((LOL :lol: "It's just a flesh wound" HHAHAA, I love that movie; hmm, Lothir just finished off three of the last snakes, sooooo, let's introduce some more [i:fu6t1dy1]modern[/i:fu6t1dy1] enemies :devil: ))

Onix saw Lothir finish off three of the four remaining snakes, going into a near frenzy at the sound of his own little battle-musical. The clone raised a brow beneath his helmet, then decided he could use some music of his own.
Quickly going through his suit's memory banks in the 'D' section, Onix picked out a very old band that would be considered near 5 centuries old in his galaxy, and choose a song that he thought was appropriate for the situation; the sounds of alarms going off in the background, followed by sounds of machine gun fire and other sounds of warfare.
Quickly it stepped into a heavy-metal beat, the rhythm blaring through his helmet speakers, though only he could here it, thanks to the high-tech piece of gear being sound-proof, both from the outside and in.
"Another mission, the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again. . . " his speakers sang to him. ((xp points to the one who guesses the song and artist correctly :devil:))
[i:fu6t1dy1]God, I love this song[/i:fu6t1dy1] Onix thought to himself as he raised his HMG to Lothir's direction, ADS'd, acquired the last naga in his targeting reticule, and pulled the trigger calmly.
The 'Mauler' roared to life as .402 caliber FMJ-AP rounds flew from it's barrel, tearing into the scaly hide of the last snake. Onix held the trigger down, letting his M92 do what it did best; rend things limb from limb as .402 shell casings were sent clinging onto the ground next to him.

That was exactly what happened to the last snake; its body literally became a bloody pepper shaker as the full-metal jacket AP rounds tore into its skin, gathered as much innards as they could, then punched their way out the other end. Onix emptied the remainder of his current clip into the snake, which fell into very bloody chunks of flesh, bone, and internal organs.
The clone lowered his weapon, barrel steaming as it had just gone full-auto for a solid three seconds. He laughed at the sight of the mess he just made.

Not 30 meters away from the finished battle, a dozen or so of Onix's REAL enemies laid in wait, their hands caressing each of their laser carbines; little did Onix or the crew of his mother-ship know that they too had found a way to get to Toril's system.
The leader smiled beneath his camouflaged helmet. [i:fu6t1dy1]Well clone, looks like you led us to the proper place after all[/i:fu6t1dy1] he smiled as the thought went into his mind.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

As Zarae finished two of the naga's she heard the sound of the weapon from the clone. unfortunately it blocked much of the sounds from the woods, as well as reveal them from hundreds of miles.
when all where dead she made her way twords Moonlight who had been watching the fight. but as she neared him, a warning from her mount sounded in her head. [i:3gplbqrg]"careful theres some strange looking creatures this way, and not too far from you. dont think their friendly."[/i:3gplbqrg]
Zarae sensed them as she paused. she turned to Lothir and signed, "[i:3gplbqrg]someone else is out there, invisible. tell the others.[/i:3gplbqrg]"
her magical shield still working she activated her insignia again and cast true seeing.

((a gaint fluffy bunny jumps out at you....lol))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Killer bunny of DOOMM, AHHHHHH!))
Onix unceremoniously hit the release for his HMG; the empty clip slid out. The clone then took one of the many 150-round drums that he had on his person, slammed it into the receiver, and pulled back the cocking handle, chambering a round, all in one rapid, fluid motion.

It was less than a split second later he caught, out of the corner of his eye, Zarae's hand signal's((unless she's still cloaked, tell me)) toward Lothir; though he wasn't fluent in Toril's drow-silent, he did make out the general meaning of the hand signs.

Instantly cursing himself for his carelessness, Onix scanned the immediate area. His blood went to ice as he saw, through his GMD visor, the dozen figures hunkered down a nice distance from them.

Switching off his music instantly, he yelled "GET DOWN!!!" right as the area where the cloaked enemies were erupted into a firestorm.

The commander of the camo'd group noticed that the clone locked onto their position; cursing as he brought his laser weapon to his shoulder, he barked, "Open fire; leave none alive!"
The squad of twelve followed suit, and opened up with a salvo of burning-hot laser fire. Red beams of lethal hot energy surged toward Gareth, Lothir, Zarae, her mount, and Onix.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Moonlight used an ability of his heritage and teleported out of the way to a safe spot for the moment.
(when i attack, i reappear b/c its not a greater invisibilty spell, so visible, for the moment)
Zarae with impossible dexterity did some amazing acrobats the magic of the enemies weapons missing her as she flipped and moved outta range (evasion, uncanny dodge). then vanished again from sight. her eyes, if they could be seen, where flaring now a bright crimson.
her swords were still out and she magically transported herself, traveling thru shadows behind them (shadow jump). she then created the visual illusion of a dragon and sent it after the enemies (shadow illusion).

(i guess i'll wait to say i attack to allow others to catch up...but i'm gunna back stab a couple...)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((this is just sorta a filler; oh and fyi, guys, this little 'sqaud' of baddies are deadly accurate, so factor that in when posting for this little battle sequence, trying to make it like a real firefight, thanks:D ))

Onix jumped over a rocky outcropping, only to have to dive into a roll as a blast of super heated energy came hurtling at him.

The laser blast grazed his armor plating, fortunately for the clone, slowly burning away at the hardened metal-alloy. Onix felt the heat through his suit, but it quickly subsided as the beam of energy dissipated.

The clone came out of his roll, kneeling behind a large boulder, for what temporary cover it offered.
"They're to damn focused; any attempt to break that line would be suicide, even for a cloaked person." He then got an idea on how to 'break' their lines.
Reaching behind his back, Onix brought out a trio of simple, yet effective scattering tools, each of the small, circular objects made one hell of 'BANG' when it went off.
"Now the question is who can throw outta our little group?" Onix asked himself, unsure on who could lob the 'distractions' to the enemies position. ((So, who wants to have some frag fun :devil: ))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I can do it, I'll cover your escape if you need it, and i don't know if this will help or not, but i have some explosives of my own, some Molotov's and some fragmentation bottles, would that word against their armor? And before you go, Let me atleast give you this blessing."

And with those words, he utters a short prayer and a faint glow shines apon them, and they discover their movement and reaction speeds are increased, Should they feel the need to flee, or if they need to give shots off quickly.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Still caught up in his wild dervish, the bard seems almost unaware of his surroundngs until the last naga falls; then he swiftly coms to a stop, his gaze snapping back into focus, as he staggers briefly over to the nearest tree to catch his breath (dervish dance- fatigued at end for -1 penulty, similar to a rage).

When he hears Onix cal out his warning, he hisses a curse in drowish (censored for younger viewers, lol!) and dives out of the path of a beam, while raising his sabers to block it. (dodge, tumble, and shield of blades) He is grazed by the beam, one arm getting nicked as it richochets slightly off his weapons.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"I'm not going anywhere, not with these bastards here," Onix replied, accepting the blessing for what it was.

Tossing the high-explosive grenade trio to Gareth, he yelled, "pull the OBVIOUS pin, then toss it as far toward those idiots as you can," he indicated the dozen laser-equipped enemies; thinking about the tiefling's own cache of things that go boom, the clone got an idea, though, a bit of a suicidal one at that.

Engaging Max Speed, his suit glows a like a bunch of high-speed highway pics, injecting Onix with nano-bots that start to increase his cardiovascular system's power; his heart rate began to increase, his blood doubled in speed.

He got up from his temporary cover behind the rock, and with a shove of the boot into the ground, Onix took off in a sprint toward Gareth's position.

The enemies saw their target sprinting toward an unknown area; "there he is take him out!" the commander barked. Five of his men tracked Onix as he ran towards Gareth's position, their rifles primed to fire.
"Open up!"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth, Grenade in hand, began obbing them, left and right at the soldiers, exploding, tossing them around in a chaotic mess of blood and mess, Then, with a quick swipe of his match, the molorov's flew, igniting the area, lwaving them trapped in a ring of fire from what Gareth could Gather, The fragmentation bottle did nothing to peirce their armor, but did stun, and surprise.

"Whatever your doing, do it now!"