A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth sharply cut into the conversation, They way he would cut into someone's neck, "I am a Tiefling, And you will refer to me as a Knight of Kord, 'Tiefling' or my actual name 'Gareth' At-least those are things I actually am, Now, Punch Earth into your little super computer helmet thing, On the way to the inn. Onward we go now."

Gareth stepped over logs and through heavy vines, Back the way they came, Going around the river, and through the other forest, He continued to tromp through the forest until it grew less dense, and eventually farm and grassland, He stopped at a nearby village, and went through the gate, Getting many looks from other villagers, For it was an unusual group, Atlast, They reached 'The Sunstone Mask Inn'

"We are here, Alien. Do as you wish."

((Im assuming were on the planet earth, Don't get on my case, No one has told me otherwise.))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Don't worry about it, man 8). We're on Toril, and near the southwestern shore of The Sea of Fallen Stars, just for future reference))
Onix merely smirked at the 'tieflings' remark; he'd figured out what could potentially get Gareth into a frenzy, and keep him alive in combat, or get him killed in an over-matched firefight.
"Done as requested, [b:3igdcwx4]Sir[/b:3igdcwx4] Gareth," he retorted back, sarcasm evident in his voice, as the group started off toward this inn.
Onix turned to the tiefling, as he requested to be called, and said, "Well, I'm not sure what I'll do within this inn, but very well; oh and for future reference, do NOT compare me to those damned life-leechers; call me 'clone', 'Theta-180', or simply '180'. Got that!?' His tone spoke volumes of the rage that Onix held in check as he made his last comment.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I brought you here because i had to get you out of the forest and into a town, Can't have you getting killed by bears and eaten, The bears might get sick! And i figure you might need to rest of get medical attention, Considering you fell out of the air and into a rough water lake! I don't think id feel like walking around much after that. Just get some rest, and find out how to get yourself home, 'Clone'."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix laughed his usual dry laugh at the tiefling's comment; "Bears? get sick? I'm shocked; and here I thought the overgrown fur-balls could down anything, or were you referring to this?" he asked, tapping on his high-tech armor.
His voice took on a new edge to it. "As for my own well-being; if my body feels like rest, I'll rest. However, until such a feeling arises, I'll settle with collecting information about this rock, like you suggested tiefling; and since you seem to be the resident brainiac of this little excursion, I'll ask you where to start? Or if our drowess here can help, I'll follow her lead?"
((I'm gonna wait for Zarae to catch up))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Brainiac? Oooh, I know what the god damn world is called! Such a bookworm, Such a genius! I am truly amazing, You know, Common sense, Amazing, Anyway, What do you want to know? The story of an alien, Erm, Clone that got himself to a library and read a book about the world, But i guess the nearest library is kind of far away... What do you want to know exactly?"
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

when they neared the habited lands, she pulled her hood back down to cover her obsidian face. she learned the surface world generally didnt like drow.
Zarae just laughed at the males, it was like a testorone war. Moonlight just shook his head. when they reached the Inn, she slid gracefully off the 17 hands high Moonlight. She was drawing stares also, but non were becoming hostile yet.
"Moonlight, you aint gunna fit in the door. so enjoy this time to explore the town or you can go to the woods and I can call you."
he neighed softly, and she gave him a treat.
"so when yall are done, we can enter the building. people are beginning to gather," she whispered.

((if ur not familier, hand is how horses are measured. 15-16 is average.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Nevermind that, Zarae's gonna be off and on till she figures out what to do with her RP; let's just assume she's tagging along for now, and sorry for all this commotion))

[i:3jnkdasy]He sure is the steaming one of us[/i:3jnkdasy] Onix thought to himself as he figured out what intel he could gather that could be of use for the [i:3jnkdasy]Nighthammer[/i:3jnkdasy].
"If such a tale exists on this rock, I'll be sure to look into it," he retorted, all acid, at the remark aimed at him. "Well since you seem to have confirmed my already correct suspicions, then I guess we can start with this; first off, what is the name of this rock?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Torill, Don't you advanced aliens have some sort of map? You know, With Torill on it? or any nearby locations on it, Ughh." Gareth waves down a Barmaid and ordered an ale, Hoping to dull the ache that was growing in his head at the moment. "Umm, Make it two ale's, This is going ot be a long day."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix put a armored hand on his helmet, as if he too was getting a migraine; [i:kjv5qwap]this is getting nowhere fast; plus this tiefling's getting on my nerves[/i:kjv5qwap] he thought to himself; as the waitress, if he'd ever seen one in his lifetime, walked up, he said, "alright so I'm on Toril, that's a start," sighing; the woman looked to him. Only about a split second later did Onix realize that she was waiting to see if he was going to order anything.

"I'll pass," he said with a wave of his hand. She looked at him with a frown, then headed back.
"Oh and since you asked; yes, we advanced 'aliens', and I use that term lightly, do have maps, of our entire galaxy for that matter; but of this planet and it's immediate system, my ship and I haven't the slightest clue as to where in the fierfek we are. So to put it blatantly, no, we don't have a map," he said, staring down Gareth through his helmet's visor.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Ughh, This is getting nowhere slowly, You have asked the name of the planet, Just send out a distress call, You do still have your radio don't you? I think i saw you use one, You must have fallen from the ship into the water, So it can't be that far, Can it?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turned his visor towards the tiefling; "Let's get a few straight. First of all , yes I have my comm system, and yes I can use it to contact my ship. My ship's captain sent me down to 'Toril', as it's known as, to see if was inhabited; well, since it obviously is, my secondary orders were to find out as much information about this planet and any space anomalies that might have occured to have trasnsported us into this system."

"And furthermore, I didn't fall out of my ship, it's to big for atmospheric entry; I jumped from a gunship that entered Toril's atmosphere, and was going to parachute in. However, because of that blasted flying lizard, I had to go with crash-landing into that sea."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Alright then, Well, Heres the deal, We have obsolete technology, Magic, we make most of our money VIA trading, Farming, Being mercenaries, Hunting and the like, We have no defense to snide aliens so you can come by, and strip us of all our resources, Or what ever it is that you people do."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:1leo3avm]Ok, this guy's really starting to get on my nerves,[/i:1leo3avm] Onix thought to himself, as he balled his fist; but he forced himself to relax, remembering that any mistake that was made on his part could lead to bigger ones down the road.
He then said in a calm voice, "Ok, let me put it another way; my ship is completely self-sufficient; if we truly wanted to put an end to Toril, all we'd have to do is bombard the surface with particle-beam fire until fire consumed everything and the oceans and all water evaporated, leaving this planet to be a waste-land; but since I don't see any shimmering beams of energy raining down from the sky and exploding all around, I'm going to assume that my ship isn't going to take that path, and has sent me down here instead to gather any information that could be of use to us to help us get back to our home system, which I personally believe is in another plane or dimension or whatever you call it here."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((yall gunna fight the whole time? lol))

Zarae entered behind them and sat at the table. the waitress took their orders then looked to her. "water."
she looked around, watching the other patrons as the two continued to argue.
she whispered, "people seam to be looking at one of us."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

The devilish side of Gareth was being re-kindled with this alien, He noticed the balled fist and laughed out loud. "Temper temper little lady, Why don't you just leave, What would information of our planet be good to you? You probably live on other side of the damn galaxy, Why would you need info on our little hovel of a planet?"