A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix gave a curious glance to Zarae then to the rest of the room; he really didn't care about unwanted attention. However if this 'riot' that he and Gareth were getting into was going to compromise his mission, then he was going to put an end to it.
"I'll right; now that you know what we're capable of, yet refuse to use such power, maybe we can get back on track," he said to the tiefling.
Turning to the drowess, "I know that you might not have a clue as to what I'm talking about, but do you know anything about planar travel, or anything that correlates with it, ma'am?" he asked in drow.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"I can speak the tongue of humans if it is easier for yall." then directing the next statement to the clone, "i know what planer travel is," considering he insulter her, she maintained her cool, "even if I am not a wizard per-say. why?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix continued on to Zarae, "because it might help as to explain how in the hell my ship got to this system."
"As for speaking in human tongue, I'm alright with it."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Okay, here looks like a good place to jump in. An inn- how original to start an adventure from, lol! :p

The figure enters the tavern cautiously, the dark green hooded cloak hiding its face. The newcomer is of slight build and only about five and a half feet tall, though obviously male, to judge by the tight black kid-skin leggings and obvious lack of anything beneath he upper half of the soft green velvet doublet an the pale blue silk tunic. A simple belt with a couple of pouches completes the outfit, though there appears to be a conspicous lack of weapons. However, a polished lute painted black with images of dancng elven maids with swords alternating with moons in consecutive phases etched in silver proclaims him a musician, perhaps even a bard.

The figure looks over the room, and suddenly stops on the trio. He takes a few slow, easy strides toward them, and stops just a few paces away. "Well, hello, Gareth," comes a familiar voice. "Long time no see, you old devil!" He laughs, and swings down into a seat at teh table. "It truly is a small world after all. Ah, but where are my manners, eh? Vendui, milady, and to you, uh, sirrah." He addresses the otehrs politely.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Oh, Hello there Lothir! Good to see you again!" He sarts to whisper to him. "Careful with this one in the cute armor and helmet, Hes a feisty one he is! And 'He needs information on how to get back to his own world in the next dimensional plane' Hes delusional too, Careful!" He starts talking openly again, "Anyways, Whats your face alien guy, You might need a wizard with enough power to transport you to the next realm, Good luck with that, il enjoy i nice tall glass of mead and a story of two with my old friend Lothir, Good luck with that time travel bullshit..."

"Hey, If your a clone, Doesn't that make you totally expendable, and can't they just clone you again?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ah, well, Gareth, making new friends as usual, I see. And with your usual amount of tact, too," the bard chuckles from inside his hood. "As you two may have heard my friend here mention, my name is Lothir. And did I hear corrctly? An alien?" His gaze turns on the stranger in the armor, and only a pair of ice-blue eyes can be seen gazing at the armored fellow intently.

"And a clone, as well? How very interesting. So I suppose it would be a moot point to ask if there were any more like you back home?" He says, with a bit of ovbiously tongue-in-cheek humor. "But as it happens, I'm a non-native here myself. Stranded here on Toril after an accidental portal opening. Long story. Have you thought of seeking out the local outpost of the Elven Imperial Navy? The spelljammers might have some knowledge of how you can get home from this system."

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae greeted the male drow, "vendue."
she listed as they talked or argued and sipped her water. she notices the flute on the bard, especially the cresent carving.
"fellow follower of the Dark Maiden?" she ask.

outside Moonlight walks thru town, but no one dares to come near him.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix narrowed his eyes at the tiefling, even though they couldn't see him do it; "To answer your question, 'tiefling', yes, I am expendable, and yes, Earth High Command could in fact manufacture more like me; the problem is that it would take nigh close to three decades for them to reach the capabilities and capacity that me and my brothers are at right now. And, thank you for the good luck comment; I'll sure as hell need it."
Seeing the new-comer enter and start speaking to him; "pleasure Lothir," he says, nodding his helmet at the bard; "and I'm a hunter, by technicality, SPARTAN hunter, of the 501st[/size:36aghj2y] Battalion. I suppose you'll want an answer to that question as well; to be blunt, yes. Actually there's about another three thousand of my brothers on board my mother-ship right now." Onix tilted his helmet to the side upon hearing the word 'Navy'.
"You mean to tell me that there's actually ships docked within this system? That wouldn't make any sense, they'd have attacked us by now."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, to my knowledge, they don't go about attacking other ships on sight. Unless hey know them to be hostile. And quite frankly, if your ship's weaponry is anything like what you're carrying, I'd say the Spelljamming ships would steer well clear of it. They are powered by magic, and don't have nearly as advanced weapons as what you seem to possess." He shrugs, and smirks at the armored male.

"You did know I was joking about whether there were others like you, right?" He asks, shaking his head. He turns to the female, and nods. "Siyo, Usstan flohlu l'Moondancer. Xal il mrigg lu'sslig'ne udossa."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix smirked at the comment though, he couldn't be seen beneath his helmet; "what I carry on my back is but the basics that the ship that I come from carries and boasts," he chuckled.
Upon hearing the comment from Lothir, Onix turned his head away from the comment, looking out a window; in his mind, those painful memories about his two fallen squad-mates resounded through his head again and again. Those were some of the hardest days that he had ever endured in his entire synthetic lifetime.
The only two that he'd ever lost as a squad-leader, and he swore upon his life that he would keep it that way, and so he had, though it had cost him what little compassion he had left in him.

Onix let out a sigh, then struck himself back to reality; "You say that they would avoid a ship like mine. Exactly how big are these magic-powered craft?" [i:1t6255k5]A magic powered space-craft; now I KNOW that I'm definitely not in our universe.[/i:1t6255k5]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow considers for a moment, glancing around the room at the otehr patrons to be sure he has not been noticed as "different". Though perhaps that s relative, in this group. "I don't suppose you're familiarwith sea-faring ships? Most Spelljammers are about the size of galleon or smaller. I've heard of some really big ones, but they're rare. But nothing on the scale of what you're talking about, if your ship holds that many. Big enough to cram in about thee-hundred men, at most."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone looked at him, then chuckled; "Lothir, that's just the SPARTAN Hunters Battalion's that I was talking about. I obviously forgot to mention the Marines that are stationed on there as well."

The SPARTAN hunter thought for a moment, then added, "tell you what; if given the chance and permission, I'll gladly give you a first hand 'tour' of the ship, which, ironically, more than likely will happen anyways, given how much you seem to know about this world and any potential sources of help that could get me and my ship out of this system."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He pauses to think about that, and shrugs. "To be honest, I'm not sure how I could help you- you see, I've only been on this world a year or so myself. But mine's not all that different from here. We have magic back home, too. I've learned quite a bit about Toril since I've been here, but I couldn't tell you where it is in the- galaxy, did you say? I'm assuming that's a part of the multiverse? Hells, if I could tell you that, I might be able to get home myself. My world is far from here, I think. Hard to tell without knowing where they are in relation to each other. I came through a portal, so..." He shrugs again, as if to say that it's irrelevant.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Galaxy, that I did; as to being part of the multiverse? You could say that. Your method of travel or should I say, coming to Toril, is not much different than mine." He paused, considering the possibilities as to how he got here with the [i:278zlg4t]Nighthammer[/i:278zlg4t]; "I suppose you could say that my ship arrived in-system via a worm-hole of sorts. In my galaxy, we don't know the first thing about them; but our enemies, of all things, do."
Some aggravation at the doorway drew the clone's attention; he looked over in his helmet to see three cloaked figures that looked curiously familiar.
Turning back to Lothir he asked, "You're not expecting company, are you?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae smiles. she was always glad to meet fellow believers. of course she was still rather new to it all.
(i'm stealin part of ur signature b/c witty says aint coming too good lately) "by her grace we do meet."
Zarae listened, curious about all the talk. galaxy? is that another plane or realm, like the bard was talking of?
"what worlds do yall come from? she asked both.
then wormhole caught her attention. "what kind of worm is big enough for a...ship?"
Zarae who was always looking around, no thanks to Lloth's blessing/curse noticed. it had been a while since any had tried tracking her down. and she doubted they were after her, at least she hoped. she reasoned they were after the alien.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~