The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath gracefully avoided both sais and fireballs by tumbling off the wall. He rose to his feet, rubbing a sore tailbone, and looked around the wall, gauging the distance to the winged female. He tossed another pair of daggers around the wall, and used the distraction to race around the other end. Eliath's khopeshes cut arcs aimed for where Neriah's head was, a clean kill, if they connected.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

As the blasphemous word struck at Virgil, it held a most peculiar effect, despite its purpose. In his form at the time, he could not beat the save, but as its affects were on extra-planar creatures, his transformation into the towering Blood Fiend, just like that, was canceled, leaving him briefly dazed. Briefly though, long enough for him to recover, and groan as he takes the first bit of damage that actually mattered. The Firestorm, for each hit it gets in on him, finds its effectiveness diminished, as his Energy Reistance:5 protects him from Fire and Cold. Then of course there's this curse, that he narrowly fails to resist. His senses returned though, and his skeleton still standing, a thought orders the nearly defeated undead warrior into a charge at Alya, indeed to try if it can to bring its hefty greatsword down upon her.

This is only a distraction though, as he aims to return her favor, once more focusing upon a Dark Invocation, this time though, another Blast Essence, the energy forming a reminder of places in Underdark so terrible that even many a Drow might fear it. As if a field of Utterdark energy were forming in the palms of the Warlock's hands. While his Skeleton runs interference, he lets off at Alya, [[b:2zj0tgbp]Utterdark Blast[/b:2zj0tgbp]] Sending forth his own blasting ray of energy darker than any other darkness known on the Prime Material, and coupled with Eldritch Chain, allowing it to target three additional adjacent targets. The terrible blast, dishing out 8d6 Negative Energy at Alya, leaping next to his Skeleton, to inflict 4d6 Negative Energy damage, which actually heals the damaged skeleton, and from there, next in line are Naien and finally Eliath, these two also targeted for 4d6 Negative Energy damage.

((The chain ends, at the first target it misses. Atk rolls: 32 for Alya, 34 for Naien, and 29 for Eliath. Also, those hit take a DC 27 Fort save, or take two negative levels. -That part I'm willing to leave out at DM's discretion, though if not, I'd guess the skeleton's levels are unaffected.- ))

OOC:Don't we all just love making Warlocks angry?
Last edited by Pheurazath on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Naien, not letting her guard down, keeping her casting hand out of the way, and her other arm bearing buckler, and Masterwork Heavy Mace, held across in front of her, poised to attempt a block, or lash out, she grins at the monk, [color=red:14tb757c]"I am on the side of Divine Laws, and once any agents of The Platinum Dragon are extinguished, I'll trouble you no more, and be returning to my lair, to tend to my injured son. Evicting the old Red Dragon this albino witch meant to summon upon you, was no easy task."[/color:14tb757c] Of course her offer means turning against Veraka. Or does it? She's here to slay agents of Bahamut, and if she should 'find' there are none here, she might leave them alone, or even betray Alya. (Never make alliances with Reds, without an honor oath for their loyalty.)

Naien, in this offer, if any among the heroic companions were familiar with Redspawn, shows herself, uniquely more strategic than the run-of-the-mill Arcaniss. For pleasure of Tiamat, any other of her kind would charge at Veraka recklessly, and begin unleashing fire spell, after fire spell, healing themselves in the process, and attempting to burn him down to charred aasimar in a mythril can.

Of course, before the monk is afforded the opportunity to answer her proposal (assuming it didn't miss Alya), Naien arches her back, bearing a pained snarl, and red-gold eyes come back open simmering with rage, wanting to incinerate the white-haired human this monk is keeping out of her reach.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i got to bed and my first class this morning and i got to go thru all this??? *sigh* as long as yall are enjoying it i supose ;) . but if i leave something out, its not intentional, i just got a bit of information overload and trying to figure this out. *cracks knuckles*))

Alya wondered if that red was intending to show up anytime soon. maybe she's take care of this annoying warrior. tho what Neriah is planning is still a mystery to her. she hadnt outright attacked her, yet she wasnt helping either. maybe the fey'ri had some drow in her after all.
"bring it on [i:1xs55bqh]ibith[/i:1xs55bqh]," she mocked, "see the power of the Masked Lord. for it is the destiny of the drow to conquer all!"
with enhance agility and lightning reflexes she did an aerial acrobatic moved, the daggers flying by. one nicked her arm leave a small red line. her eyes blazed, but the power of the pendent had it sewn back together in seconds. Dropping gracefully to the floor she brung the sword up. She surprisingly despite her small frame and size compared to the giant of a man parried the powerful blow, the black energy that made up the blade absorbing the energy into nothingness. she twirled to parry another block from a skeleton then ducking under another swip as it swished overhead harmlessly. the Shadow Blade (+5 keen) reversed its direction and went for the neck of the undead. the blast from the warlock hit, but the wards absorbed the power, but it did knock her back some twords the wall. her pendent again was healing any damage done to her. her mouth began to move, a soft song of beautiful melody yet dark words in the ancient drow tongue (inspire competence- for her allies)
the bard took the negative energy stoically. then using it she aimed it at the skeleton to remove the pesky thing ((Evil clerics can channel negative energy, which can halt, awe- rebuke, control or bolster undead.
the numbers/stats are confusing to me. so if i got anything, like the chain, wrong let me know.))

((Grahl, it ok; she's drow so when u no longer useful, she'd be done with u too...;) ))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Try targeting Zazzt with anything, and see what happens, your gonna love it.

IC: Zazzt shrugged, "As long as your intent is the harm of my friends, I suppose it is my duty to stop you." He sighed, and dropped into his fighting stance, "How I do hate fighting dragons, or their kin. More trouble than they are worth, truth be told." And suddenly, he stood behind Naien (he can move 80 squares/round, aint wizard monks evil? :devil: ), a kick aimed at her head.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii, rolled to a corner, out of sight. she had been healing, yet the pain and now a sick feeling overcoming her (that the ring aint gunna fix) Alya was busy dealing with the warlock and warrior, so now was as good as any to check the bag.
careful to open it away from her face, she saw the object. the lead/adamantine coffer.
Inrii wanted the killing blow on Alya, but she would have to wait, and hope she would survive this fight. with two more on the bard's side and she already powerful as a matron mother, this was gunna be one though battle. but then they could move on. get away from this mess. and continue on to the Vale. she did truly regret ever coming to Dagger Falls, for seeking help in finding the exact location. she shoulda just stuck with what Mayindia had given her.
Zarstra shuffled around inside the proctective familier pocket. opening it, the emarld lizard popped her head out.
"[i:15436sdy]i'm bored, let me throw some fire[/i:15436sdy]!"
Inrii chuckled, tho she was worried to allow her to fight. but the sparkle in the violet eyes, she caved and let the lizard go.
Hidden well in the shadows, and whose gunna spot a lizard when their trying to fight? Zarstra slunk around to a spot behind Alya. climbing up the wall with easy she was on the ceiling, her natutal sticky padded feet and claws allowing her to keep from plumeting.
when she found the opportunity she would launch her favorite spell. (and familiers can cast the owners spells. at least thats what it says.)
Inrii moved swiftly to the ranger and handed him the pouch in a very discrete manor while whispering, "wait till we are overwhelmed or i give a signal. and i would like this back. or we might have to have a round over it."
moving again she put away Serpet's Sting and drew out Fire Cracker (whip) and Shadowblade.

((on the next round i might can send a spell at him. alya's gotta wait for virgil and veraka to reply before she can so that too many actions aint done.))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her he then paused hearing something familiar. One of Tiamat's followers, clearly things were going to get interesting. He was going to move to another position when he felt something odd and quickly batted a dagger that came his way from a hidden area. As it hit the ground skittering from him he turned sharply around. Hearing an ancient voice in his mind he looked around for the source only to see just the basic shapes of three figures." Gods..." he muttered. looking to inrii he signed quickly" even more backup."

A female drow walked out from the clear blue almost seemingly having materialized. It was clear she had a relation to the ranger by some facial features, hair pulled back for the moment. Her garb was something to behold. A mixture of various materials, from silks and dragon scales to bones. It was clear she was similar in age as Zek. In the distance was two others. She'd speak flatly in draconic" We have come brother. To even the odds. When this is over you will meet us later. There is much to explain for."

Zek raised a brow" Alyithra'dirzfyn, sister I thought you were dead? How have you escaped the Underdark?" She'd just smirk to him as she'd unsheathed a couple cruelly formed daggers." The Rilynath house does not bow to anyone. Not the Baenre, not Lolth not for anyone. We answered the call of our blood. Yet, you still have not. We escaped not long after you did. Dear brother do not worry we do not serve the spider queen. I as you know never did." Zek nodded and spoke" We'll catch up later, for now we have some cleaning up to do, the albino one is our problem and others.. I'll explain the situation later." Alyithra smirked cruelly there was a slight gleam in her eye, one that zek caught onto. Looking to Inrii" When you're ready, we'll go full offensive." He sheathed his blades and removed the bow." Time to get to work."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((to keep this at the top...well ok and im bored and done with homework and its fri and...))

the sorceress was moving thru the shadows, stealthily preparing to get behind the bard who's fighting Veraka and Virgil at the moment.
magical energies appeared again. before she could warn Zek, the dagger was deflected.
and his reaction, he knew the persons. and since he was capable of handling himself. she continued on after her target.
signing back an affirmative, she got in place.

(gunna wait a few more rounds before opening the coffer, mainly to allow the fight to go as is. then i wanna shake things up.... :devil: )
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Swatting the incoming daggers aside, Neriah reacted instinctively to the incoming blades; dropping her stance, she went to one knee, then let it bend in on itself, and ducked under the decapitating cuts, whispered to the words of a spell and stabbed outward, both of her sais driving for his abdomen.

Veraka took the burning effects of the Red's spell head on, not caring what damage it did to him, while Aurora willfully over came the spells effects.
The aasimar growled as he looked to where Alya was; seeing the albino witch, he looked to Aurora, and nodded.
Another Chain Lighting arched out of Marala Vharc, followed by an icy blast of fury from the winter wolf. Both elemental attacks surged forward at Alya.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath had only one option to avoid Neriah's attack, and he used the momentum of his attack to dive over her, rolling onto his feet, and whirling around again, facing Neriah. He twirled his khopeshes again, and smiled at Neriah, as if he was sure he could destroy her at his whim. But inside, he was simply stalling for time, for he knew he couldn't land a telling blow on this agile fey'ri. "Why don't you simply surrender? It would make both of our lives so much easier, you know."
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

[quote:1i078rzb]Zazzt shrugged, "As long as your intent is the harm of my friends, I suppose it is my duty to stop you." He sighed, and dropped into his fighting stance, "How I do hate fighting dragons, or their kin. More trouble than they are worth, truth be told." [/quote:1i078rzb]

And as well he should, for this one, was not like her giant winged kin, wading into a battle with teeth, claws, incredible bulk and incredibly tough natural armor. Bred for flinging spells on the battlefield, and not naive about the dress of this man of lesser race. His sigh, and resigned comment, she would turn into a dangerous expenditure of time he should have shut up and attacked outright, in that time, expending a spell per day at a much higher level, she casts with neither hand motions, nor words, a fireball, her racial affinity to fire magic boosting its power generously.

She takes the hit, without a care, for as it lands, and she is sent staggering forward, the fiery, explosive blast lands right at her feet, actually healing rather than harming her, and placing Zazzt less than five feet from ground zero. As well, everyone and everything not obstructed by a suitably shielding barrier, within twenty feet of where she had been standing, is as well caught within the conflagration. (Reflex 1/2 damage: DC 19 -- Racial Fire Spell Affinity included, 10d6 Fire, those affected by the previous curse, 11d6 Fire.)

((OOC: Haha! Angry warlocks? Behold the madness of evil pyromaniac zealotry!))
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt couldn't avoid the blast, but he barely noticed the flames as they burned him, (crap ton of hitpoints) deciding that taking the hit would be worth the advantage of continuing close combat. He landed on the ground, and in the same instant leapt into the air, an uppercut aimed right at Naien's head. (If you take this one too, its part of a combo)
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the pain and sickness continued to trouble the young drowess as she neared Alya. she notice it got easy when she was away and worsened when near the bard. Inrii didnt know much about curses but she guessed Alya had in some way done so. she clutched her stomach and tried to not fall to her knees. all this just made the sorceress more angry. and all that boiling in her would 'explode' soon to devastating efforts to someone.

--
the spells were tearing apart the chapel. all the work to craft the building now undone in a few minutes. but the Masked Traitor would not back down. all this because two stinking males had to come here and for what? that pitiful excuse of a sorceress?
several spells came at Alya (assuming virgil sends another one) and she quickly with no effort sent back a counter of her own, (greater dispell). then pulled the cloak around to block the blast of cold air. it chilled her, but the ring took most of the bite.
Calling upon the powers of the divine (cleric spell), she released an intense but highly localized tremor; it ripped the ground and shook the sturdy building. the shock was enough to knock any down, opens cracks in the ground, and cause some of the statues inside to crumble twords the ground any any near them. the large brazen fell throwing hot embers and spelling them (some of yall can decide where yall are at). the scrying pool spilled out crumbled.
(( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/earthquake.htm ))

Inrii rolled away from the collapse of a pillar, avoiding being pinned beneath.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The tremor caused Zazzt's attack to miss, since the ground beneath his feet buckled. He realized the source of the spell was Alya, and he backflipped away from his current fight, and dashed towards Alya. As he ran, Zazzt cast a meteor swarm at Alya, hoping to draw her attention away from his other friends, Inrii most of all.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="Grahl":zcgn4zlq]Haha! Angry warlocks? Behold the madness of evil pyromaniac zealotry!))[/quote:zcgn4zlq]

((OOC: you shouldn't have said that, :devil: :smirk: My turn!! :evillol: ))

Veraka got hit by the inferno that the Redspawn released hit him like a full-grown bull charging. The flames licked at him, but for some reason, the aasimar wasn't as harmed as he thought he'd be. He noticed that around his armor, a slight platinum hue had enveloped him, and that a certain gleam had stained his armor, causing it to glow with a little brightness to it. Within seconds, Veraka realized that the dreams he'd been having had just been reinforced. ((Blessing of Bahamut: 10 DR/magic; Armor of Bahamut: immunity to Critical Hits))

Turning to regard the Redspawn, Veraka narrowed his blazing silver and red eyes to her. With both the howling Berserker and the Storms Avatar raging through his veins, Veraka rushed the Redspawn, with Marala Vharc crackling as he blitzed in, his image a blur do to the tremendous speed behind his movements. His blade flashed in, driving for a stabbing kill.

Aurora had been nimble enough to leap out of range of the spell, her Winter wolf reflexes and agility being her saving grace. Noticing Veraka Charge the Respawn, she went to assist him, but from a flank, her ice-blue eyes locked onto her target.

Neriah rolled forward and came up in a defensive stance with her sais ready.
"Oh that's quite a simple one; if I were to surrender, I am therefore claiming my life forfeit, and that would not bode well for either you or your 'contractor'," she snarled back, bringing about her next spell: [i:zcgn4zlq]Summon Monster VIII[/i:zcgn4zlq].
Within a split second, a Greater fire elemental erupted from a flaming whirlwind in front of the Fey'ri; "this ends now," she growled, and lunged forward, right as the hulking elemental did the same
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix