The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt laughed, "Kill her, eh? Simple enough. Here take this," He pulled a golden ring off his finger, and tossed it to Inrii, "It'll help with the wounds." He stood up, and looking at Alya, shook his head, this one was powerful. Zazzt sighed, ah well it was a while since he had some fun. Deciding to test her defenses, he launched a quick spell, that caused a ball of fire and lightning to wrap around the drow, and waited to see what she would do.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

OOC
My bad, kinda new to this whole RP thing :P my friend showed me this site though, said it was awesome.

IC
Eliath just barely managed to avoid the stoke of lightning, but paid for it by only being able to deflect the physical attacks so that they didn't do much damage, only annoying scrapes. He managed to get out of the devilishly cunning female's attacks, and regrouping quickly, he used the same speed to close the distance between them in the blink of an eye, and his khopeshes became a black and red blur as he attacked the fey'ri, although not with as much finess, but his attack was more brutal, using his greater strength to counter her dexterity and magic. He hoped it would be enough.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka met the albino drow's kick with a punch of his own, though, he jumped back as the kick met his own adamantine full-plate with a resounding clang.

Looking at the source of odd voice, the aasimar's face lights up when he sees Zazzt, the oddball monk, step into the arena.
"Good to have ya back, Zazzt," he roared to the monk.

Channeling Marala Vharc's charged energy, Veraka unleashed a [i:1607o25a]Call Lighting Storm[/i:1607o25a] upon all of his known enemies. Within seconds, a dozen bolts of charged electricity danced down from the ceiling and raced for each of Veraka's foes.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Oddball monk... ouch

IC: Zazzt waved a hand at Veraka, while dodging a bolt of lightning from his storm. "OYY, watch your aim there son." His attention settled upon the male and fey'ri battling, and weaving a few arcane symbols, darted off in their direction, as he ran, a wall of stone, almost 3 feet thick grew between the combatants, forcing them apart, though they could still simply go around it.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The spell he took like a champ, the weakness that hit him only took a small portion of his strength away, however he was still a lethal force to be reckoned with. Moving he'd start to seem to creep into the shadows, basically all but disappearing into the background. (hide in plain sight) This would be something that anyone who knew Zek's skills in depth which there were few in this world who did knew that nothing good could come from it. He was creeping around the battlefield blades drawn and ready. He planned on ending the problems, especially with the new unwelcome arrivals.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((wow, yall are making me work aint ya...;) ))

the spells had no effect on the bard, the ring absorbed the effect as well as the shield up around her. Alya danced outta range of the massive fist. despite its surprising speed for a large guy, she was faster. the darkness forming at her hand became 7 bolts of darkness that shot out, 2 hitting Veraka, 1 hitting Zek, 1 Zazzt, 1 Virgil, and 1 Inrii.
((A darkbolt deals 2d8 points of damage to a living creature, and the creature is dazed for 1 round unless it makes a Will save (a creature struck by multiple bolts during the same round is dazed for maximum of 1 round, no matter how may times it fails its save.))

Inrii caught the ring unsure of it. and without her spells she couldnt distinguish it. for her house had rings that killed people not of the faith. but then the black streak hit her hard. she just sat there grunting thru the pain and shaking off the dizzing effects, she decided she should just go for it. if it killed her, as long as she took alya with her was she cared at the moment. (what is it? healing? regenration?)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath growled with surprise as the wall of stone suddenly sprang up in front of him, but he regained composure quickly, and scaled it in a matter of seconds, and drawing a pair of throwing daggers, launched them at Neriah.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

There was a growl of pain that was forced back from the hit. he was getting annoyed. He was visible briefly before he went to work a more powerful spell. Following the source of the darkness or rather the trajectory of it, he unleashed a blast of fire in her direction, that one could swear it was dragon's breath by the scale in which he produced it. Yet it came from his magic, not his mouth. Gods help them if he could breathe flame. Followed by the fire, he was moving back to being basically invisible so he could go for double duty, one protect inrii and the other assault Alya. As the fight raged on he could feel something stirring deep within, a feeling he knew well which confused him. If it was what he thought it was, the bard would be forced to be in a hell that was not good.
Site, story being redone

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: A variation of a regeneration ring, it heals 2d8 hp a round.

IC: Zazzt barely gave the bolt any mind as it slipped past his wards, and stung him, albeit painfully, and his mind was well trained enough that he simply ignored the effect of it as though it was a mosquito. A cursory glance at Alya, and Zazzt launched off his next spell, one that creates a sphere of force around the target, reflecting all the spells it casts back on the caster (DC 30 to make it past the sphere) and leaped up to the top of the wall, and looked the assassin in the eye, dropping into a ready position, arcane lightnings flickering between his fingers. "Attacking my friends isn't the best idea you've had today, my good friend."

Zyeke
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath took a good look at the drow standing next to him. He hadn't or heard him climb the wall, and Eliath certainly would have. He turned his attention on the strange enemy before him, and put his khopeshes in a ready position. "What side are you on?" He asked, "That drow over there has quite a good fortune, you know, enough to garner my services, she will probably have something for you as well." He didn't expect the drow before him to be swayed by promises of money, but it never hurt to try and avoid an annoying fight. He wasn't sure of his chances against two of them at once.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((um.....im not sure of the DC. whats a 20+ level character with blessings of 2 deities? and powerful bard?))

((alya will reply when i figure this out...))

Inrii slipped the ring on as Zek was now standing near her. the effects were felt, the bone knitting back together. it took some time but she manage to pull herself to her feet. but many of her wounds would take a while to fully heal, some never healing. and until she could rest, she still had no spells. but she was a decent fighter on her own.
on her feet she looked for the bard, her eyes blazing with anger and hate. drawing a dagger she knew exactly where to aim. arm back, she released the blade. it flew quick and straight. missing the bard, yet hitting the target.
the pouch on her belt was released as she was focused on the males attacking her. as the bag fell from the air (alya's levitating by the way) Inrii ran and dove for it, her hand clutching it. tucking her head she rolled her momentum back to her feet. a cold evil smile was on her face. now they had a chance!

((i hope virgil gets to post soon so he dont get left behind. and Grahl aint gunna get to fight if he dont hurry. but he can always try and hunt us or run into us later. as for the pouch, yall are in for a surprise... :devil: ))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek couldn't help but not to smirk cruelly when he saw the bag and inrii dive for it. He knew what she was aiming for. When she caught it he braced himself waiting for the time when the stone went into the open again. It would be that point when he'd move in for the strike. For the moment the grip on the daggers changed some. From more traditional grip on the daggers, he went reversed grip on them. The blades moving along the forearms. Muscles tensing up as the position of his body shifted as he was slowly stalking closer.
Site, story being redone

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Before following through the portal, Naien makes a few preparations, in form of [[b:19buamzb]Resist Energy: Cold[/b:19buamzb] DR 30/Cold], followed by [[b:19buamzb]Protection from Good[/b:19buamzb] +2 AC deflection bonus, and +2 bonus on saves against good-aligned attacks, and creatures], Finally throwing in, [[b:19buamzb]Improved Mage Armor[/b:19buamzb] 24 hour duration, +6 to AC]. Satisfied that she's prepared to face a most-hated foe, she follows through the portal, and wades right out into the fiery downpour, not even flinching at the heat. She might have gone for Veraka right off, but spotting Aurora, a Cold Element creature, she keeps back from the group of companions, and opens her attacks with a swiftly cast spell, Targeting Veraka, Aurora, Neriah, and Virgil, [[b:19buamzb]Curse of the Elemental Lords: Fire[/b:19buamzb] Will DC 19 Negates: Curse - Affected target takes additional 1d6 damage of chosen element, from caster's spells and attacks of that element.]

This spell as it goes off, necromantic in its nature, sends ghostly images of elemental beasts flying from her arm, striking at her enemies attempting to place the shadowy curse upon them.

(OOC: Trying to play catch-up, and didn't expect all these new faces and stream of posts to pop out so quick. BTW, many of these spells are pulled from Complete Arcane, and Dragon Magic source books. If the additional information is unneeded, let me know?)
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt's magical senses picked up the power of Naien's wards as soon as she entered the fray. The spell she used was unknown to him, but it made little difference to him, as his was a style that blasted and destroyed, without regard for the other person's defenses. Zazzt decided that Naien was the more deadly enemy and decided to focus on her. He did a backflip, which meant that from the height of his wall, he landed just in front of her, just after her spell was cast, and ignored its effects (unless its duration is longer than instantaneous, I just dnt know). He turned, so he faced the caster, and bowed, "And whose side are you on?" His wards pulsed with power, (epic spell reflection; greater spell resistance (SR35); greater mage armor. In case you want to scan him for wards. all the info is on d20srd.org epic spells)

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah was surprised when the huge wall of stone erupted from right in front of her, but knew better than to think that she was out of the woods just yet. When the assassin appeared at the top of the wall, her bat-like wings spread out as she back-flipped up and out of the way of the incoming daggers.

Landing with her sais ready, the fey'ri wasn't prepared for the drow monk ((I think)) that appeared before the assassin. She decided that he wasn't against her and launched a series of precise fireballs, followed up by her twin diving sais, at the assassin.

Veraka roared as Alya's dark bolts slammed into his side. He decided enough was enough and let the power stored in Marala Vharc surge through him, empowering him with the raging fury of [i:114wl5wb]Storms Avatar[/i:114wl5wb]. Lighting arched around his adamantine clad body as the power of a raw storm surged through him. The aasimar's eyes glowed with a blue hue as the [i:114wl5wb]Storms Avatar[/i:114wl5wb] granted him preternatural strength and stamina.
Drawing two of the throwing daggers that he found, the Avatar enhanced aasimar hurled them at the floating albino drow, followed by a super-charged [i:114wl5wb]Chain Lighting[/i:114wl5wb] whirlwind attack from his sword.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix