The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Inrii, you can totally make Zazzt fail on this, if it fits your story better. However, time stop also prevents you from damaging anyone caught in it.

Zazzt sighed, of course Alya had magics such as that at her disposal. She was proving as formidable and diverse opponent as himself. He smiled, "Finally, a foe I am not certain of beating. It's almost a pity i must." He sighed, and began to twirl his staff once again. However, this time, with a great burst of speed, Zazzt rushed at Alya, lightning sparking from the gem, hoping to direct the deadly blast into her face before she completed that spell.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah watched as her foe gulped down some unknown liquid; what happened next was something she wasn't expecting.

Veraka saw the grin on the redspawn's face and muttered a curse as two more unwanted guests showed up in the fight. As Veraka saw his wolf friend dodge in and out of fireballs, her saving grace being her reflexes, the black storm clouds began to rain down acid upon the battlefield even as the two newcomers showed up(1d6 acid damage, light, but no save).

A split second later, the skies lit up as super-charged lighting bolts arched down upon the two Redspawn and the their mount. Veraka maintained his concentration despite the oncoming firebelcher, for his wrath was pent up in his mind as he directed six bolts of electrical death down upon Naien, Nixue and the charging beast. Super-heated bolts danced down from the Storm of Vengeance, two at each of their designated targets.((OOC: for those interested: [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/stormO ... m:3o8itph5]Storm of Vengeance[/url:3o8itph5]))

Right then , the aasimar grunted loudly as he raised Marala Vharc with both hands and lunges at the charging Firebelcher despite the arrow that raced toward him and impacted his upper chest, exploding with pain, though with his raw physical prowess, shrugged off the death-effects that he felt on the arrow, the damage running its course, though he was sparred some of it due to the blessing around him.
Marala Vharc's wicked tip races towards the beast's skull, it's dark edge waiting for the firebelcher to reach it. For if the beast is true to its charge, combined with Veraka's powerful thrust attack, it will effectively impale itself on the sword with momentum alone.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

(It was an iron flask containing a balor, so Eliath is being possesed by demon :) have fun.)

Eliath stood up slowly. A maniacal grin showed fangs where he had normal teeth before. His khopeshes dropped to the floor, as his hands started to spasm uncontrollably. Great fiendish wings burst out of his back, and horns burst from his forehead. His nails grew into talons, and his skin took on a darker color. His eyes turned pure black, with the pupils lost in the darkness. Talons replaced his normal nails, and a feral growl burst from his throat, ending his transformation. His dark eyes settled on Neriah, and suddenly, with a great burst of speed, he was within a few steps of her, his talons streaking for her head.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The chaos was annoying him, he was about to use the coffer anyways. Removing it from it's confinement he muttered." Revenancer, take every single one of you who annoy me today.." A drow whom had no qualms on walking both the good path and a more insidious path. Opening the coffer, he produced the contents. The stone that would level the playing field, or for him put it in his favor. The null magic field washed over him, and in that he only moved in making a path straight for alya his sword ready and stone in hand. Oh he had plans on making a dagger out of a stone like this, an ultimate mage killer. He was quick on his feet, with magic, and seemingly somehow quicker when there was no magic effecting him. Longstory short, he planned on dropping every one of their foes infront of him, just to get to alya. Battle was wasting time and energy at this point, something he hated doing was waste time and energy.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

(([color=red:1h4x04v6]...but for all yall just so u know...that was a stone of [b:1h4x04v6]anti magic.[/b:1h4x04v6]..spells stop, magic is haulted, wards/protections gone, stuff act like non-magical...ect...[/color:1h4x04v6][/size:1h4x04v6]

dont hate me...[/size:1h4x04v6] ))

i just wanted to use big red letters...and no one can say they didnt see it...;) ))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt felt the presence of the stone, since the low hum of his wards was silenced, and the staff in his hands fell inert. The power was still there, in both cases, it simply refused to come forth. With a sigh of frustration, Zazzt was forced to change his tactics mid-strike, and instead of a bolt of lightning aimed at Alya's face, Zazzt opted to use the staff as a lever, jamming it into the ground, proceeded to use it as a means to halt the momentum of his previous strike, and instead use it as a pivoting point for a devastating kick from his right leg.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(ok, im taking a break to do this...)

Inrii leaned back against the wall as the rush of the magical energies she was so sensitive of basically left. her clothes were just material, her jewelry and weapons temporary dormant. she also felt the temperary pause of what was afflicting her, a clue that it was magical in nature. she felt a bit of renewed strength despite pure exhaustion. situated behind Alya and whip still in hand the sorceress drew back her arm to strike while in darker voice Inrii had ever been known for "she's mine to kill"

Alya who finished the spell felt it fizzle; and knew exactly what happened. her free hand reached down to fell the pouch missing. and she quickly realized they had her stone. she cursed loudly.
all her wards were in an instant gone, her jewelry not able to work. she would have to do this the hard way, with no help from the Masked Lord now.
she saw the monk using this for an attack of opportunity. his leg hit, but she managed to recover from it minimizing the damage and flip with it. the blow tho she felt in her leg, the pain sending burning sensation in her calf. landing softy as only a drow could, her hand had grabbed a shiny spider shaped sharp piece of metal. dropping the bladeless sword, her other hand drew out another throwing spider. with precision and accuracy, she slung the piece at the wizard/monk, aiming for his throat. had magic been working, it would burrow in after hitting a target. another was aimed for the ranger's throat. upon releasing her hand was already preparing to throw another two twords the others coming at her.

(alya will be gone soon tho not dead persay. so battle will be ending soon after it plays out. we'll be coming to a camp of good folks soon after leaving here and such so we can continue the story line.
if the the Reds want to continue and go to the Vale, someone could maybe put a geas on you to have to follow and help?
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt saw the flash of light reflected from the spider, and managed to dodge, just barely. The object streaked past his neck, cutting a gash in his neck, not deep, but the blood was beginning to pour from the wound. On instinct, Zazzt flipped backwards, and placed a hand on the injury, stemming the flow and looked around for Inrii. His other hand dropped the staff, and his fingers quickly flashed "Toss me my ring, quickly."

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i was hopeing others were gunna post....but i trying to not have this die...))

Inrii gave him a confused look as she brung the whip forward hoping it would wrap around Alya's throat. but the wizard's action gave the bard a heads up and she nimbly moved out of range.
the ring wasnt gunna work in here. he's have to leave the building at least. the field generated by the stone was large and filled up the chapel they were in.
pulling it off her thin finger she tossed it twords him.

Alya sensed an opportunity, throwing another shard of metal, one at the wizard and one twords the sorceress.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek Procured two a throwing dagger and threw it, knocking the shard of metal off it's trajectory, making sure it'd miss inrii. With that out of the way, he made the rush in to take alya out of the picture.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii would have shown her thanks had she not been so focused on the stinking bard. her hand went back again to crack the whip, but this time Alya caught it in her gloved hand and began twisting it around and yanking it. she was stronger than Inrii and the sorceress let go of Firecracker's handle and it dropped with a light clunk to the stone floor.
Alya swung the whip around to smack the ranger or the wizard with the adamantine handle. her other hand was reaching for another shard of metal and soon it was flying at another target (next protaganist to post)

(ooc: i know the stone is a pain and annoying, but it was planned to be used at this battle way before, for its the only way to defeat alya. and a few of us have experienced it already in the fight with her before.))
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

(apologies for my absence, I have been in part just needing a break, and also when I'd meant to return to posting, the anti-magic stone threw me into a period of studying rules in how anti-magic fields would effect my last spell used. So far, all my studies are inconclusive and I will be treating it as dispelling the invisibility.)

Virgil could only assume his invisibility had gone off without anyone noticing, no one attempted to dispel it, and he had shown himself capable of teleporting small distances before. Ahead he advances, circumventing the throng of battle, to maneuver off to Alya's flank, meaning to get in close, and lay on a potent invocation that required him to make a touch attack, but only half his plan came to fruition, as an ally of all people uncovers a stone of anti-magic, one of those wretched fragments remaining from the Time of Troubles, perhaps?

He'd moved in close to Alya's flank at least close enough, that the ensuing dispel of his invisibility displays its 'Retributive' part. As the invisibility dispels a shock-wave of sonic energy is released from his body, covering a 20 foot radius. [4d6 Sonic Damage to all creatures in that area, and stuns them for 1 round -- DC 20 Fort Save halves the damage and negates the stun.]

Realizing he is suddenly without his magic, and that his skeleton is thus gone as well, Virgil's first instinct, hoping Alya is properly stunned by the wave, he charges in with mace raised, hoping to score at least one hit on a prone target, before she recovers her senses.

((Thanks for the welcome back, like I said treating the effect here as if a dispelling of the Retributive Invisibility, as while it typically functions as Greater Invisibility, it has a contingent secondary effect, here posted. Until the anti-magic is gone, this is the last magic Virgil will have at his disposal for now. It also means he is for the first time in his life, beyond Malcanthet's reach. Zek may have just angered a Greater Tanar'ri))
Last edited by Pheurazath on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[quote="Pheurazath":2jl6xwy9](apologies for my absence, I have been in part just needing a break, and also when I'd meant to return to posting, the anti-magic stone threw me into a period of studying rules in how anti-magic fields would effect my last spell used. So far, all my studies are inconclusive and I will be treating it as dispelling the invisibility. Please give me some time to get my post in order, and it shall be up soon.)[/quote:2jl6xwy9]

((no problem....i understand. and if yall do find rules i am not aware of, then do let me know. i wanna be fair with this and keep it interesting. but im going with the assumption that it stops all magics, thus keeping vhaeraun and lloth from helping alya, and not letting the regenerations work and giving a fighting chance- tho she is an excellent fighter and formadible foe still.
but we will be moving on soon from this yall...there is hope!

oh, and glad to see ya back...))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt could tell that the ring in his hand was inert, and since the stone wasn't allowing him to use his arcane sight to see the boundaries of the magic dead zone, Zazzt was forced to turn to his martial studies for the soloution. He sat down, crossing his legs on the floor, and fell into a meditative state. His breathing slowed, and with each breath the blood from his wound flowed less and less, and it even seemed as though the wound itself was healing (Wholeness of Body).

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

three were coming on her at once, odds she wasnt liking too much and had she not been highly skilled in combat, it would have been worse. the energy built up and released hit her, a pause that was long enough to take a hard [i:2qps80ec]glancing [/i:2qps80ec]blow from the mace to the shoulder and a small gash across her upper arm from the sword tween the scale links of her armor (im guessing the ranger is using a sword. is the stone in hand or set down?)
still with the inert Firecraker, she continued to swing it at them while moving to duck a move from them and twist out of the way of another. blood was leaking from the cut all over her clothes, which ticked her off more than anything. growling with hatred, she swung the whip to wrap it around the Zek's neck and simultaneously flinging another throwing spider at him and Virgil. she would get that coffer back!

Inrii was slipping around to get behind, ducking below her whip. she had sheathed Shadowblade for Dancing Shiv. she saw Zazzt trying to mend his wound, and decided she had to keep Alya from taking advantage of that, tho with Virgil and Zek, it wouldnt be hard.
the whip went after Zek, her cue. the sorceress leaped at Alya like a panther dagger into the already injured shoulder. Inrii held on as her arm went under Alya's neck. the bard twisted and turned to throw her, but the sorceress was stubborn and determined. for Inrii promised she'd get Alya back. the tactic not working, she backed up into the wall, ramming Inrii into it full power. it knocked a bit of the wind out of her, but her muscles tightened around her holding firm.
the two struggled for a while, much like a cat fight- Inrii twisting her blade while Alya clawed at her arm with a metal spider in attempts to remove the vengeful drowess.
blood mixed with blood and yet the struggle tween the two women continued.

((ok, just for all you GUYS- a catfight...well the second one if u count Inrii and Neriah's earlier.))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.