The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Post by Zekafae »

placeholder for when part 4 is ready to flow here.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the trap was simple, more used to capture the scarse bit of meat that wondered the tunnels here. (not sure which yall went down.)

Alya growled in frustration. but she held faith that they would run into enough trouble. now only 4 were left in the temperary camp as most had made way to their battle field.
Alya stared at the copper haired male and the other two in the room. they smirked at her frustration as she was trying to hide it.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Watching Zek trigger another trap, Veraka mused "Zek, it's a wonder you just don't collect the traps and sell off the valuable parts."

((OOC:Hey Zek, which tunnel did we enter?))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The manmade one.)

Watching it go off he kept his safe distance and tinkered with it before pocketing a couple things from it. looking back he shrugged." Because my idea of selling trap components is more of going to the heart of the matter.... Literally." Moving to his feet he continued on as he'd take a small phial out of his pocket. He had an itch to use the contents, of course the procedure would be more one on one. Make someone swallow the contents and then enjoy the suffering which would follow.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the tunnel ahead suddenly changed in size dropping to 5 ft in diameter. the tunnel also change in structure, ice and frozen earth. a sure sign that it went to the surface.
those familier would guess [i:17zm7l5g]what [/i:17zm7l5g]made the tunnel, not a good sign. the tunnel, or now ice walls continued on a good distance. smells of the surface wafted in. old fires, animals such as lizards, and a large gathering of people could be sensed for those skilled in discerning such. ahead the tunnel is lit by the light of the surface world. (i thinks its dark. it was when yall entered the mountain trail)

before exiting the tunnel, a sunlight windows (iced over holes) is made more clear in vision. a magical aura surround it and a ward of magical origins clearly seen. any close enough with their breath will reveal words magical inscribed. (breathing and reading the script it the idea. but will have to do it bit by bit)

those able to read magic eventually see:
[color=red:17zm7l5g]I…
Fight for peace,
Kill to live,
Destroy to produce,
Steal to give.
I…
Love to hate,
Pacify the warmonger,
Rile pacifists,
Weaken the stronger.
I…
Sit up,
Stand down,
Always smile,
Always frown.
I…
Loathe a bit,
Adore a little,
Kill halfway,
Unbalance the middle.
I…
Sprint slowly,
Walk fast,
Stand behind you,
Move right past.
I…
Am intelligently stupid,
Am quick to pause,
Touch with hands,
Rend with claws.
I’m found in burrowing birds,
In moles perched in trees,
In silent speech,
A witty moron that only half breathes.[/color:17zm7l5g]

speaking the correct word will cause the ward to fall and allow one to pass without an alarm sent.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The heart of things, eh," Veraka smirked at the rangers reply; "so, like stab 'em in the heart and kill em?"

The aasimar and winter wolf followed Zek through the unconventional tunnel; "I don't like this place; too smooth, to [b:21dt2zf5]unnatural[/b:21dt2zf5]."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

"Not just through the heart, I tend to make their existence painful after even if they live."As they moved through the tunnel he watched the scene and noticed the bit of the ward. Tapping his foot slightly on the ground mentally going through it, it had been so long since he had seen things like this. "Hmm..." hearing Veraka he looked back and mused " I'm surprised, A paladin like you not liking something. I'm looking at this little thing we have infront of us. It could be really anything" Looking to Aurora" Can you make this little happy bit out?"
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:34czzqlk]Can I make out these odd, half runes? Yes, I believe I can decipher them correctly. Give me a moment.[/i:34czzqlk]

While Aurora went about discerning the odd message, Veraka looked to Zek, and shook his head, "Call it my sixth sense, if you will; remember, I was raised among the Uthgardt barbarians, so I am versed in the natural world, and [b:34czzqlk]this[/b:34czzqlk] was not made by any natural process."

"If you want to know where to find your precious female drow, then this tunnel isn't leading you anywhere, or at least it is going to take you longer to reach your destination to find her," came a purring, soft female voice from behind Veraka.

The aasimar whirled with his sword drawn, only to find himself staring into the crimson eyes of Neriah.
"Son. . of. . . a . . . bitch," Veraka exclaimed.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding some" I can just imagine who or what made it. Haven't seen things like this in many a year." Hearing the voice he looked back only to chuckle darkly" It seems our good friend, gave you your girlfriend back." Rolling his shoulders slightly and canted his head, the joints cracked." So nice of you to join us again, he get tired? Since you're here you must know where she's being held. So out with it, or do you want a private moment with him?" he coughed slightly [i:17e3tcde] So your little brother's girlfriend came back. See at least he can't be jealous... now we need to find you a strapping big ol wolf for you something Dire perhaps? [/i:17e3tcde] He mused to Aurora sarcasm almost dripping, though he was quite ready and willing for another round.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka went drop jaw at the ranger's deadpan remark; then shook his head and growled lightly, "ranger, you are impeccable." At this Neriah laughed, almost manically, as did Aurora, surprisingly.

Then, Neriah spoke up; "Actually, the lich decided that if your esteemed paladin sees something in me, apparently I can be of help to you; besides, I too wish to see Alya suffer. Though I am not of the lower planes completely, I understand the concept of treachery and how to deal with it most harshly."

A slim finger poses to the fey'ri's lips as they purse themselves together.
"Hmm, a moment in private with the paladin; though the question is then, what to do, and how to work with him?" she asked in a mock innocence, letting Veraka take in her form in its fullest.

At this, the aasimar's eyes shot up, but there was a very, very slight smile that formed on his lips. At this, Aurora rolled her eyes, growling something inaudible.

Then at, Zek's remark, she let out a confused sound, tilting her head nearly 90 degrees with her ears up.
The winter wolf stared at the ranger for what seemed to be an eternity; after a few seconds of dead silence [i:38e4u8kt]uncanny witty bastard,[/i:38e4u8kt] was all she said.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He just gave him a wry smirk." Of course, and good... So I think he might fully enjoy you helping us bring her in." Shrugging slowly." We're going to get along well then." At her mock innocence" Lets just say I advise against pointing something sharp at him. Tieing him down with something so the rage within can't break through then have fun. Go for it... Or you could always help with his poison dart problem.. He's a walking Magnet." He patted Veraka's shoulder and leaned in" You're welcome." Looking to Aurora" Five thousand years or so will do that." He commented off handedly before heading back down the path" Plenty of tunnels to play... so which tunnel do we take to the albino's lair? I have a friend she might want to meet, though he can't talk anymore.... Like they say... there's more than one way to skin a drow..."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The fey'ri listened and then nodded her head, smiling all the while; "tying him down? Not a bad idea, though I think with what he sees, I won't be needing to worry about that powerful rage."

Veraka decided to return Zek's smart-ass remarks; "well, at least I can finally enjoy myself; oh and ranger, let's not forget you're little idea of fun; first burn, then have playtime. Oh yeah, Zek you get the fiery one, I'd hate to see you for one night with that pyro-nut."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slightly" Now that you're not trying to kill each other yes. I could imagine so. Though I think he might like being Tied down." CHuckling slightly" What slaying enemies isn't enjoyment? Damn.. what have I been doing all this time." Thinking for a moment he smirked" Well... at least I can ask her to light my fire. It'll be more than just a night I assure you of that. And they say the hells burn hot." He grinned as he walked on ahead letting Veraka get all sorts of images
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((well if yall are gunna talk about me like im not there...oh wait, i aint....nuts....why do such conversations occur when im gone...i can light a 'fire' :devil: BOOM!))

(so no guess at the riddle? im not sure which one yall want to go down...but which ever will have what i have written up...)

few options remained for tunnel choices: the water, gas, or surface tunnels. others would be traversed in vain. those who crafted these tunnels took lessions from the creater of Undermountain.

there was one tunnel left, a secret door that would remain unseen till one stood infront; and only the sparpest of eyes would spot it.

the tunnel slowly ascended upward, tho slight. the gradual pressure of the rocks getting lighter. soon the tunnel opened into a large cavern. the darkness was oppressive and heavy here too. yet the bit of oxygen would allow fire and allow one to see 14 doors evenly spaced about the dome shaped cavern room. and only in real light could one see what was inscribed, riddles explaining what was behind each door. the answer would allow one to find the correct door. other would be not such a good experience.

((tell me which door one opens so i can say what is in them))

the doors follow as:

[color=blue:3o9ewr55]door 1:
I have many tongues but cannot taste
By me, most things are turned to waste
I crack and snap, yet I stay whole
I may take the largest toll
I assisted all of the first men
And I will pay them back again
Around me, people snuggle and sleep
Yet run when I am released from my keep
I jump around and leap and bound
The cold man wishes I he had found

door 2:
My first is in wield, sever bones and marrow.
My second is in blade, forged in cold steel.
My third is in arbalest, and also in arrows.
My fourth is in power, plunged through a shield.
My fifth is in honour, and also in vows
My last will put an end to it all.

door 3:
There is one that has a head without an eye,
And there's one that has an eye without a head.
You may find the answer if you try;
And when all is said,
Half the answer hangs by a thread.

door 4:
What runs around a city
but never moves?

door 5:
A golden treasure that never stays;
The coin whose face gives wealth to all.
Strands, nuggets, and dust of gold
are all bought with its shining grace. . .
And all are more precious than any gleaming metal.

door6:
am the part of the bird
that is not in the sky,
Who can drown in the ocean
and yet remain dry.
A last vestige of man
that refuses to die.
In mourning I am tossed
at your feet to lie;
I begin my job early,
devouring your ankles and thighs.
I work my way up,
eating your legs to your waist.
And though around midday away I am chased,
I return quickly,
To savor the arm of my taste.
As evening falls I enter your lungs,
Spiraling down
past your mouth and your tongue.
I feast on your body, your soul, and your mind,
but as darkness falls you shall find
That away I will go, a relief for some;
At least until tomorrow morning comes.

door 7:
When you look into my face,
I shall never lie;
Instead be but a window into your soul,
whether there light or shadows hide;
As in me many see their deaths
where others see their lives;
In this deny me many try,
but they simply twist their knives;
For though prejudiced to some I may seem,
THE LIE IS THEIR OWN LIVES.

door8:
I make you weak at the worst of all times.
I keep you safe, I keep you fine.
I make your hands sweat, and your heart grow cold,
I visit the weak, but seldom the bold.

door9:
I weaken all men for hours each day.
I show you strange visions while you are away.
I take you by night, by day take you back,
None suffer to have me, but do from my lack.

door 10:
t is more beautiful than the face of your love.
It is more scary than your worst fear.
Dead men eat it all the time.
If a live man eats it, he soon will die.
A poor man has it.
A rich man wants it.

door11:
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

door 12:
Runs smoother than any rhyme, loves to fall but cannot climb!

door13:
Glittering points
That downward thrust,
Sparkling spears
That never rust.

door 14:
For our ambrosia we were blessed,
by Jupiter, with a sting of death.
Though our might, to some is jest,
we have quelled the dragon's breath. [/color:3o9ewr55]
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Guesses on the riddle aren't coming to me, but the door riddles are far easier to guess. I'm sure the big one will come to me in time)

Moving to where the room was with all the paths he tapped his foot mentally crossing off the ones he had taken... gas tunnels or the water.. Moving again he went towards the gas tunnel and went about tapping his blades on the walls lightly. Hearing the constant sound of the stone, he'd tap the walls in a staggered form, one blade then the other as he walked. His eyes watching all about him looking for any little secrets and minding any traps.
Site, story being redone