Karazan - the new city

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Karas speaks: "As no-one else has spoken, I suggest that this is what we do. It will be an excellent way for you to demonstrate your loyalty to Karazan."

"Once that matter is dealt with, we'll discuss the other two groups, who are still some distance away and moving slowly on foot."
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Vielochar shook off his reverie, stood and bowed. "I find this most agreeable. I myself would like to accompany you Zellak, however, to the side, so that i may observe and react according to the actions of these strangers. If I may Karazan, I would like to bring three of my more accomplished archers in reserve and have the rest pull back to the town proper in case a defensive action is required beyond the efforts of Zellak and myself."
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

"Fine then , it is settled."

Zellak jumps up and adds.
"We five shall meet at the South gate within the hour, we will ride out and i shall parley while you and your finest archers shall offer protective fire. "

He begins marching from the council hall.

Muttering and chuckling to himself " whats the old military maxim ?.... you daft old warhorse !...a bad plans better than no plan at all, eh?. Ha-Ha!"
Come and trade your D&D minis at http://www.ukroleplayers.com/forum/
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Still some distance from civilisation, Grimgar Eadraedson grumbled about the slow speed that he and his fellow duergar were making...
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

The five ride out from the south gate within the hour.

Zellak casts invisibility on himself and Firefang his loyal Nightmare.Taking to the skies they recce the area west of Karazan until they spot the Duergar column.

Having ascertained their axis of advance, the flyers return to the four members of the " Brotherhood of Silence" and request they advance quickly on horse to a good ambush point.

I imagine three will take up covert positions while the fourth is in reserve as horseholder. (standard cavalry skirmish tactics).

Next, its all in the timing as Zellak slowly approaches the Duergar to their front as they pass the ambush position. He has given the rogues time to get into position. And meanders towards the black dwarrows "at the walk" on Firefang. And Hails them.

"Hail, travellers. I am Zellak, a member of the Council of Karazan.

I greet you in peace .... if you come in peace?"
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

"Hail! I am Grimgar Eadraedson of Dwassan, which lies in the south of this new realm, Voldrhame.

"Indeed Zellack of Karazan we come in peace and greet you in peace. We are duergar but there are many facets to a gem.

"We seek trade. We have stone, mostly lovely marble, and metal ore, mostly iron and copper, that we want to trade for food and beer."
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

"Then advance and enter our settlement , traders are always welcome. I am sure we will have plenty of good beer to trade."
He says with a smile.

But then his mood darkens when he remembers terrible deeds that he witnessed by victorious drunken soldiers after a siege and he adds.

" Please be aware though...... those who would break the common laws, will be heavily punished."
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

Grimgar laughs, "We are duergar, we take things like the ancient law of hospitality seriously. If any of my kin break one of your laws, give him or her a good trial, let me sit in judgement too, but we'll abide by whatever your leaders say.

"Of course, might it be best if you let me and mine know what laws we might be breaking?"
Kami
Maid
Maid

Post by Kami »

The trek, if she could call it such had been profitable. The lands she and the others hand found themselves in after a few mishaps with Gods, Portals, and Magic had yielded a fruitful bounty of animals for leathers and meat.

Over all it hadn't been un-agreeable. And after their explorations of the North had yielded a serviceable map of the area they had agreed to travel South. She along with three others would advance through the land first, marking the easiest trails for the remaining six to catch up with them half a days travel later.

So far this system seem to have worked. They would leave, mark trails, hunt, and set camp. Then while waiting for the others, set about updating maps. Once the camp was complete they would all spread out and survey their surrounding area, bringing back samples of plants, and then sit to further update their maps once again.

So this system of travel would explain why She and three others where currently making a slow but steady progress towards a Town she had no knowledge of even existing.
Joros uns''aa vel''klar Usstan inbal tlus,Lu''Usstan orn an''yui vel''klar Usstan inbal naut.
Ask me where I have been,And I will answer where I have not.
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

Zellak says to Grimgar.

" I agree to your request, you may sit as a judge if any laws are broken . Either by you or against you.
You have my word.
The laws are those common to most settlements.
Treat others as you would have them treat you."

He turns Firefang back towards Karazan.

"Now let us travel on, i would like to hear more of Dwassan."
Kiaransalyn
Maid
Maid

Post by Kiaransalyn »

"Dwassan is a small settlement but growing. Mostly we are duergar there, worshippers of Duerra but also worshippers of the entire Morndinsamman. We are not usual for duergar.

"We believe in hard work and following the laws of our people, and our traditions.

"How we came to Voldrhame is not entirely known. We were persecuted by our own kin for worshipping Duerra, so we fled, looking for for a place of our own. Our journeying led us here.

"At Dwassan, we met a powerful drow wizard who calls himself Edwas. He has asked for nothing but given us all that we might need to found our new home. We see very little of him, know not where he lives: we see him only every three months when he calls the Council of Dwassan.

"As makers of metalcraft and shapers of stone, we are suited to our new home. But we sought out others who we might trade with, recognising that we can not make everything we need.

"What of Karazan, friend Zellak?"
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Vielochar was quickly in position. Watching the duergar closely for any sign of hostility.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
zellak
Maid
Maid

Post by zellak »

Zellak checks himself from scanning the treeline for his hidden allies, and continues the conversation as he rides alongside the moving convoy.

"Ah Karazan.... its a peaceful little village on top of a small hillock nestled in the arms of fresh flowing river. The land is bountiful and, so i am told, is very good farmland.The population of Karazan are a very varied bunch, Drow and half drow mostly with a smattering of Humans and others. But we get on well together.

I am a retired war-wizard by trade, who has decided finally to set down some roots. So farming is new to me, but i am finding this new life quite a challenge. "

" Tell me, have you encountered any monsters on your travels ?"