The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 4

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

The assassin ignored the bull and continued up to the top floor quickly and with no sound. He had a job, and it had to be done tonight. There were few up on the top floor, sounds of only three or four sleeping. But only one mattered.
The door at the far end of the hall was around a bend, isolated and unable to be seen unless one went down there. a small scarlet cord was tied to the handle. reaching into the small pouch he pulled out a tiny figurine of an archery targen carved of oak. speaking the words, he felt the spell effects.
Drawing the dagger from the sheath, he mentally cause the red throb of the magic energy to go still. He kept the blade flat against his arm and hidden. her other hand went to work.
with no effort he had the door unlocked and slowly opening. His senses were on high alert, listening for the slightest sounds (say if someone is trying to sneak up on the assassin or the NPC is waking up).

(occ: are you at the table or the stairs? I guessed you were telling the folks at the table. but he's on a mission so he's going to get it done.)
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[quote="Swifty":2xts4d6e] "I only gamble my life, never my money."[/size:2xts4d6e][/quote:2xts4d6e]((The Mummy?[/size:2xts4d6e]

[i:2xts4d6e]Is that so?[/i:2xts4d6e] Luexena arched her brows, grinning softly at the dwarf. [i:2xts4d6e]According to my grandmother, you were simply dragging him into -more- trouble than ever, dear Delrum.[/i:2xts4d6e] She chuckled a little, glancing up, noticing the tension increasing in the inn. Her eyes locked on the minotaur, then shifted to the half-elf passing him by.

[i:2xts4d6e]Delrum, your soulmate is not at ease. Maybe you could buy him another drink?[/i:2xts4d6e] She was enjoying this break so much, so did not want to have everything ruined right now. Finally the priestess glanced to Zarae, her hands were resting upon the strings of the lute right now, perhaps an indication of her readiness to cast in case the things go ugly, though her posture remained relaxed and serene.

[i:2xts4d6e]The Promenade is large... situated beneath the ground, in the caverns, in the ruins of an ancient city. You'd like there, I think, sister.[/i:2xts4d6e] Luexena sounded quiet and relaxed, just like before, though her gaze been wandering from Zarae's face to the bull and the assassin, until the last one slipped away.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:1k5x299o]And who d' ye thin' kept 'im alive through all tha' eh?[/i:1k5x299o] The dwarf asked with a teasing grin and then let out a bellowing laugh. Glancing towards the Minotaur, he'd then look to the barmaid, nodding to her. [i:1k5x299o]Give th' chap another roun' on me lass![/i:1k5x299o] The dwarf would get up, staggering ever so slightly, signaling the alcohol was starting to get to him, but he pulled another hearty mouthful of ale from the pitcher as if he weren't concerned at all. [i:1k5x299o]Besides, withou' me, he'd never have 'ad tha' much fun, and yer grandmother wouldn't have 'ad th' fun at yelling at 'im and sendin' 'im scurrying![/i:1k5x299o]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"of course I shoulda known," she smiled to the dwarf, "our language is learned by alot these days. I guess to stay one step ahead?"
"must be hard work to keep one outta trouble," she winked.
the rogue sensed it too. the uneasiness slowing increasing. people gradually become restless. tho some seam to hide it well in the card game a couple tables over.
"one day i do hope to visit, the promanade. Maybe they would be able to see if my twin brother still lives?" there was some sadness in her eyes, more seen by a slight shift of hue of the iris to an indigo. (her eyes give away soe of her thoughts by suttle color shifts. its a weakness i gave her) the thoughts of the day her house was destroyed and the loss Nilree. but of late she didnt believe it as much.
Noticing the minataur and the cloaked half elf, she wondered if there was something going on.
"should we check that out, or does this happen here often?" she asked very quietly.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

((He had been standing on the stairs, pretty much blocking them off, but I'll give ya the slip around.))

Krom almost turns to follow, and does so, a short distance, peering just over edge of the next floor, he confirms the girl he'd helped up there is left alone, then turns back in time to hear himself called someone's soulmate, and a dwarf's at that. Uanble to decide it's a joke or insult, and gives a grunt to this notion, though he won't reject good ale given to him, he offers, "The day I am so bound to a dwarf, and male no less, I think I'd rather trake my chances with the orcs. Though I'd be glad of a dwarf, to [b:3v3wv10g]drink[/b:3v3wv10g] with."
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

With all the hands on the table, and not much prospect of another round, the bard sighs, and slaps the cards back onto the deck. "Hmm, you know, this was more fun at the Academy. Maybe it's because everyone was half-drunk and spending all their winnings on brothel girls..." He shrugs, and turns to regard the bull as he comes back down.

"Perhaps that explains your lack of morals- too much time spent in scandalous company committing sordid acts." The gloden knight says dryly. The drow simply gives him a dirty look.

"At least I was LIVING life, instead of hiding from it in a cloister," he shoots back.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix noted the bull's reaction to the assassin who'd given the clone the chilled spine.
[color=indigo:1l0f73wz]"should we check that out, or does this happen here often?" she asked very quietly.[/color:1l0f73wz]

Veraka looked to Zarae and shook his head; "unfortunately, this is a common enough occurrence that most folks don't pay mind to it." The storm warrior sighed as he finished the line.

"Maybe in [b:1l0f73wz]your[/b:1l0f73wz] normal life, but not while [b:1l0f73wz]I'm[/b:1l0f73wz] around," the clone said as he got up from his chair; "I'll be back."

With that, Onix walked towards the door and outside the inn, turned right and walked till he was parallel to an open window on the second floor.
A metallic voice said 'maximum strength' from his helmets speakers as his OMNI-armor turned red, it's nano-fibers and organic molecular symbionts tensed to their breaking point, enhancing the clone's normal strength to near quadrupole it's value.

Onix tensed his legs, his thick muscles flexing and then snapping taut as he leaped up and grabbed hold of the windows ledge; with minimal effort, and noise, he hoisted himself into the room, only to find his brows shooting up in surprise.

Onix had not only jumped up and through a second floor window, but right into Ariali's room. Shaking his head to himself, the clone strode out of the room and quietly closed the door; only to turn around and see his target entering an unknown room, probably [b:1l0f73wz]his[/b:1l0f73wz] target's sleeping quarters.

"And just what do you think [b:1l0f73wz]you're[/b:1l0f73wz] doing?!" Onix growled to the assassin, while the audible CRRANNKK of his forearm vibroblades being ejected from their resting slots. The clones crimson eyes narrowed at the assassin.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Her hand made a little halting motion toward Zarae as she saw the clone rising and following the assassin, her eyes flicked to the drow rogue and the priestess shook her head slightly. [i:1qlhvgvh]We know nothing of their affairs, sister. Best to leave it to them. As for 'often', for that I am not aware... We have arrived only few hours ago.[/i:1qlhvgvh]

Then Luexena offered a small grin toward the bull. [i:1qlhvgvh]That is exactly what I meant, sir. A 'soulmate' when it comes to drinking, nothing beyond that. I'd never dare to wake your and my ale-filled friend's ire upon myself.[/i:1qlhvgvh]

As Onix rose up and moved to an exit, the young drow followed him with her eyes, then resumed playing the lute quietly, striking the chords gently with her nimble fingers.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

The dwarf would grin at the Minotaur, holding up his pitcher and taking a deep swig from it. His gaze would then shift to Luex and then back to the Minotaur as he spoke. [i:iqab8cij]'sides. Iffin we did mate, I'd brea' 'im.[/i:iqab8cij]
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth looked over to where the two figures on the stairs were standing, it looked like an argument, Gareth smiled and excused himself from the table. He whispered into Xyris' ear; "When i last left, i paid you to make a knife belt and set for me, do you have it?" Xyris nodded, and took a belt from his pack, 10 knifes were sheathed in the sides of his belt. He took an obsidian knife out. he walked up the stairs and approached behind the assassin. "Whats the problem here? Why aren't you letting anyone up?"
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

((ooc: it's a L shaped hall, and the only way to get to him is from behind. he hasnt entered yet. just standing there and listening to see if he hears anyone coming, which he apparently has. Swifty doesnt look like an assassin. nor does he have an evil aura.))

He heard the change, the shift in noise coming. so he quickly shifted his body structure and too look like he had the wrong room. the appearance of the odd looking armored guy and wizard(?) made him silently curse.
"excuse me?" his voice was of a humble ranger, as he already looked like one to begin with.
"and good sir, I would suggest being quiet. there are folk here sleeping. as I wish to do the same. I have apparently went to the wrong room."
the dagger was palmed quickly and sheath without being seen, using a little slight of hand. he turned to the wizard, "the only problem is that this, whatever he is, is pointing a weapon at me."
turning his attention back to Onix, "tho, if you continue to, then you will be the cause of any issue there is between us. I will not be bullied by a golum or puppet or whatever you are."
his voice was firm and unyielding. he further showed this by crossing his arms and waited.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix didn't retract his vibroblades and didn't back down. This guy may have been putting on a show as a guise, but to the clone, he was just stalling for time; and oddly enough, making a scene was [b:4f6ahqko]exactly[/b:4f6ahqko] what the clone had in mind.
He knew from past experience that assassins hate it when unnecessary and unwanted attention is drawn their way.

"If there is cause for something between us, that's perfectly fine by me. I've [b:4f6ahqko]no[/b:4f6ahqko] becoming a source of entertainment for this establishment, the question remains of what kind of entertainment that shall be," the clone retorted in an even, calm, and somewhat quieted tone.

"Oh and the term is 'clone' for those who are ignorant of the definition or slight of intellect."

Onix's real goal was to attract the attention of the minotaur just down the stairs, for if the bull came lumbering up and started questioning the man, then he might be more inclined to back down, after all, facing off with a battle-hardened veteran and a bull of a barbarian was definitely an stacked battle.

However if the assassin could convince that his target was not needed or didn't deserve life, then Onix would back down, even might help the 'ranger'; but until the assassin convinced him otherwise, Onix wasn't about to back down, and was [b:4f6ahqko]more[/b:4f6ahqko] than willing to exchange blows with the half-elf if someone's life was in danger. The clone was also aware of the fact that rarely was an assassin's target some innocent victim, but rather another low-life thug or scumbag; still the clone had his duty, and he wasn't gonna back down from it. Onix stood his ground, his crimson eyes tracking all of the half-elf's movements, waiting for the assassin to try something, [b:4f6ahqko]anything[/b:4f6ahqko] that would set off an instinctive reaction.

((OOC: Sorry Swifty, but I'm not gonna make this easy for ya, lol))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

An understanding smile went to Luexena, "I was making jest, I knew what you meant. But to suggest soulmate alone, makes it to sound as if you would have the dwarf courting me."

He raises his own pitcher, matching his dwarf friend's toast, and with a grin downing a deep draw, nearly half the pitcher. Then he hears the boast, and rather than try to retort, grins, and bellows out his laughter.

For Gareth, the bull merely shrugs and gives passage, seeing no reason to obstruct his path, besides, as with every Barbarian warrior, Krom has a healthy fearful, hateful, respect for magic.

-------------------{a few moments pass}---------------------

Finally overhearing all the commotion upstairs, and giving a great sigh and grunt, Krom growing tired of worrying over his first friendly acquaintance among elves (funny how ale will do that), and turns about, heading back up the stairs once more, setting his pitcher off to the side on one step, and pulling his axe fully out, holding it passively in one hand, so that he may observe the press of wizard and the knight-looking 'clone', that to Krom's sensibilities, looks as if he spends too much time around gnomes.

He hasn't picked sides in this matter, the door in question has little to do with the room he was concerned about, "If he's done something worth punishment, get on with it, and be on your way. Otherwise get yourselves back to your drinks, meals, games, or beds, and do with them what they're intended for."

No, he doesn't trust Swifty at all, and his glare at the elf makes that clear, but then the same expression doesn't soften much for Onix, who holds the elf at sword-point, looking just as likely a criminal as Swifty to Krom's sensibilities.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Hearing all the commotion upstairs, Lothir glances at the minotaur as he lumbers back up, and sighs. "I'd better go see what my friends are up to up there," he says of Onix and Gareth. He gets out of his chair and slips up the stairs- which are fast becoming very crowded- and takes a quick look around the gathered males.

He catches the tension in the air almost instantly, even before he spots Onix holding his vibro-blades on the half-elf. "Pardon, but what precisely is going on? This racket is enough to wake the dead! Or the dead-drunk, as the case may be. Onix, there is really no need for those here, and that goes for you, too, my furry over-sized friend," he says, looking up at the bull with the huge axe. (OOC: What is it with minotaurs and axes, lol?!)

(Diplomacy/intimidation check- he's trying to calm everyone down, and leaving no doubt that he'll get into it with anyone who starts trouble) IC: "Now, I happen to agree with the fellow with the rather sharp horns here, that we should all just go back about our business." He glances suspiciously at the half-elf, "and settle down before things get- messy. I'd hate for this place to get damaged, as I'm rather fond of this particular inn. And I'm sure none of you wants to get tossed out on your arses, which is sure to happen if things continue in this vein."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali, who was in dead sleep, could sense trouble. whether it was her ranger training or something more divine, she didnt know.
her gold eyes slowly opened and she lifted herself off the bed. quickly she heard the noises outside her room.
still dressed, as she hadnt changed before falling onto the bed, she hurried out to see several gathered, including the clone pointing his weapon at another ranger.
whistling loudly to pause the commotion she let everyone quiet (if they do)
using her (cleric) abilities she saw no evil aura of the male. he wasnt inheritantly good, but he wasnt evil despite the fact he was a bit shady. normally that would have been cause of concern. but after traveling with some of the people she had (including drow) she learned to not judge one so quick.
"If i may help, I do have some skills in this area," she started humbly. she walked over to the half elf standing between him and the weapon.
"I believe there is a better solution than violence as our bard friend has also said," she directed it to all the weapon ready males there. she also hoped that she could reason with them- (most guys might listen to a female). for a lythari, such was abhorent. and she would do all she could to stop any such thing.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya