A Clone Encounter (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Marines, restrain those two!" Onix barked to the marines, indicating Zana and her cat as he gazed at the two leaving through the blast doors; an entire squad bore down upon and surrounded them, though they didn't have their weapons drawn, but looked ready, if Onix gave the go ahead.

"Forgive me, Zana, but until I can at least understand everyone's needs and wants AND make sure that no more outbursts like this occur, no one can leave this hanger," Onix said to the ranger.
Turning back to his companions, "now , Ryltar and Lynx you both mentioned that you two wished to acquire supplies for your spells and to get some rest; I can arrange that; now what else do I need to know?" the clone asked, gazing at everyone around him, even with the clones around him remaining at attention.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

"Understood," Zana mumbled, but disappointed. "I was just curious, as we all probably are. So can we actually explore the ship, or what?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He caught the sound of the weapon hitting the floor, and froze, afraid that his ruse had failed. Fortunately, the gargoyle's comment and the subsequent out-break of laughter and Onix's call to attention effectively distracted everyone. He broke the kiss, and swiftly ducked down to grab the object and tuck it away before anyone noticed, as several had turned to observe the strange female attempting to leave.

As he came back up, he winked at Zarae and whispered, "You owe me one." He had noticed her blushing, but said nothing. After a moment, he turned to Pyro, grinning. "Not the womanly type? I'm hurt, abbil! And the only 'shooting' I'd be doing would be behind closed doors, so have no fear on that score." He snickers and wiggles his brows suggestively.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"It will be permitted in due time; but as I've already stated, first I need to know what everyone here needs or wants, and make the appropriate accommodations; after that is done, I'll inform the Captain that you're all wondering around the ship exploring."

Pyro could, if he [b:dwhafekn]really[/b:dwhafekn] wanted to, speak out of turn, but with his own squad leader giving the order for attention, he needed Onix's permission to do such a thing, so he remained in his frozen position, rifle agasint his shoulder, waiting for Onix to give the 'at-ease' command. Like his brethren, Pyro too responded to authority with absolute obedience and action.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Once everyone had calmed, the bard sighed, and made his way over to the squad. He cleared his throat noisily, and held out a hand to Pyro. "Ahem, Is THIS what you're looking for?" he asked, with the missing device in hand. "It must have come off while you were tumbling about in the gunship. I found it, and was going to return it, but I must have gotten distracted. I do apologize." He gives Pyro a quick salute, and grins. "You really should keep better track of your things. And incidentally, I win. Face it- drow women prefer a more assertive approach," he says, jerking his head toward Zarae with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro looked to his squad leader; Onix nodded his approval, and Pyro reached out and took his sidearm, saying "Fell out during zero-g, my foot. Someone stole it, but that's ok, got plenty more where this guy came from." He hostered the pistol on his side.

"Any who, not all of us can be . . . . . " he was cut off mid-sentence as a female marine, a dark elf, shouted out; "yeah, bard, and those commandos are built like tanks, way tougher than those bugs their meant to fight. If any lady marine wants a good time, we go to one of them first."

This brought out a number of mock-wolf howls and cat calls, as well as quite few giggles and snickers from nearby marines.

Pyro stared the bard right in the eyes, smirking all the while and beaming with triumphant; "what can I say, we're in high demand, us clones are."
This brought low chuckles from his squad, even Stalker, laughing at the direct joke that had been thrown in Lothir's face as defense for the clone.

Onix found himself tyring not to snicker, but he held his visage and maintained his demeanor.
"AS I was saying. . " he let the implied statement do the work for him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Scar
Maid
Maid

Post by Scar »

Scar after hearing the call to attention. Mimicked the movement of Onix, and stood there his arms straight at his sides. He was doing this mockingly of coarse, because his chest was overly puffed out and his chin tucked into his chest. It looked almost like he was holding his breath.

"Tank...?" he questioned relaxing into a normal stance and tilting his head. "Frank...The tank....yes..." he shrugs his shoulders. "Ok." and he walks up behind Onix with only a foot or two to spare.

He stops looks around and starts twiddling his thumbs. After twiddling for a little he takes a step closer, and gives Onix a slap on the ass.

"Good Job!" he yells, and quickly retreats his step and starts twiddling again.
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

When Scar slapped Onix on the butt, Zana couldn't help but double over in laughter. "I can't believe he did that!" She was holding her sides and tears were streaming down her face. Even Vlad was in shock. He was trying not to laugh, but failing epically. [i:1dj16mfg]This guy has some issues! [/i:1dj16mfg]Zana shook her head, still not believing what she just saw. "That just made my life!"

Glad you're happy, Vlad said, grinning ear to ear, still.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:25wlu9ox]Supplies and a place to prepare the spells, that would be all for now.[/i:25wlu9ox] The golden-haired elf replied seriously, not too impressed with her companions, so was just waiting patiently. Decades spent in training as an Eldritch Knight when she had to master both, and arcane and weapons, taught her discipline. So she was not too happy to watch the mess going on right now.

Onyx's call for attention only made her eyes narrow slightly as she kept standing motionlessly, hugged by Ryltar. Her hands moved to rest upon the pommels of her blades, the gesture was instinctive, her stance remained relaxed however. Something stirred in the pouch on her belt and her left palm covered the pouch briefly, calming whatever creature was in there, then her hand resumed resting on the hilt of her blade.

[i:25wlu9ox]Any idea how long it might take to locate the monsters? Also, what spells would you require of me? Holding? Doubt I could confuse such creatures... [/i:25wlu9ox]The young woman looked to Ryltar sidelongs, thoughtful. [i:25wlu9ox]Mass haste. Disintegration... Flesh to stone. Firebrand? Flame arrow? Ice scales? Stoneskins?[/i:25wlu9ox]

Again the pouch stirred and Lynx brought her hand down to it once more, loosening the lace. Nothing happened at first, then a sleek small viper slipped out of its containment, encircling her wrist quickly. The wizardess' thumb stroked the pet's head a little, yet she seemed concentrated upon the list of spells she needed to prepare. [i:25wlu9ox]Actually... [/i:25wlu9ox]She mused, reaching to her satchel, taking a rather massive - and old looking tome out, flipping through the pages thoughtfully. [i:25wlu9ox]You need to tell us which effects you desire and we'll prepare fitting spells.[/i:25wlu9ox]

At the slap she rolled her eyes a little. [i:25wlu9ox]That reminds me of Arabel, Ryltar. All adventurers are loonies, hmm?[/i:25wlu9ox]
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Ryltar just shook his head at the clones and the others ab out him. He kept his arm firmly about Lynx though quirked a brow at the small viper as it snaked about her wrist. He had never seen it before, but gave her an approving nod at her choice. His own familiar he would have to see to later, but the creature was likely relaxing now in his pack. [i:1nvncr0l]Icyscales to protect us, and Stoneskin, yes. I'll prepare some electrical spells if you wish to prepare the fire ones. Ice lance might not be bad either, and I will prepare a dominate or two for any humanoid creatures we encounter below the surface.[/i:1nvncr0l]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((what would Vala think if she ever heard bout this...??? lol...i wonder if zarae should smack u around just for fun...;) ))

Zarae just stood their a second processing everything. as a female, she shouldnt have been so easily 'rattled', but she lack any real experince in roles and failing her so called 'social eticate' classes with her wean mother...

and then he went and gave back the weapon (credit stealer).
'there goes that fun,' she finally said to herself.

she stayed in back as the group went after the ranger. she began to wonder if this was some well thought out trick and these 'friendly' aliens had used this all as one giant ruse to capture them. the rogue's biggest fear was being captured alive. for every moment of her life she lived with the treat that Matron Mae'Vir would find her and take her back to the Spider Queen.
often the young rogue's active imagination got carried away, but it wasnt an unlikely senerio. her kin wasnt above such tricks.
the whistles of the clones caught her attention and she shook her head at the display of them.

hearing Lynx, she leaned over to whisper, "it might be a male thing?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:ukbs7v1q]Quite possible.[/i:ukbs7v1q] She whispered back and smirked a bit, turning to glance over to Zarae. Despite of that serious expression on the young elf's face, her eyes sparkled with amusement. [i:ukbs7v1q]I never thought the drow could blush.[/i:ukbs7v1q] She murmured then, holding back a grin.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:17frzmu0]Hmph. No real male would. Then again, you forget, most males have been castrated by the women. Perhaps he didn't get out from the Night Below before that happened.[/i:17frzmu0] Ryltar mused aloud to them both as he slowly ran one of his finger tips around the ruby stud that adorned Lynx's belly.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Keep in mind, he hasn't found a way to bring her across at this point- and after over a year and a half in Faerun- he's starting to think it's a lost cause and thinking of moving on. So, yeah... Besides, he's a natural flirt!! Y'know, in case no one's noticed. ;)

IC: Hearing the female marine's shout, he glances over, giving her a quick look, and grins. "I don't know what a 'tank' is, but who needs a partner who is quite literally a silver a dozen, when one can have something 'one of a kind'?!" He says, snickering as he shoots a look at the clones. "Talk about lack of variety...." He quips, with a snort. "Maybe I should teach some of these 'tough' fellows some of the skills my tutors taught me." He wiggles his fingers suggestively, with a very lewd expression. "Trust me, guys- it's ALL about how you use your 'gun'. Among other things." He winks at Pyro, then shoots a glance toward Zarae, well aware that she is still embarrassed, but enjoying teasing her. "Right?"

As the strange monk slaps Onix, he suddenly bursts out laughing. "On second thought, maybe some of you clones have a more 'don't ask, don't tell' approach to military life. There was an apprentice wizard like that in our House. My sister was the death of him," He says it deadpan, then turns to Zarae as she mutters to Lynx. "Don't be so sure, milady. I've known plenty of females who were loonier than a three-headed gnome."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro smirks and has to respond, "Lack of variety, bah; you don't know nothing. Ever heard the quote "don't judge a book by its cover, well these lovely ladies have all learned it; with us clones, it's not about physique, it's all about personality." This brings about a roar of approval from the clones and marines; "sorry, brother, but this is our ship, and as such, we got'st the home field advantage."

"Pervert," Stalker chimes in perfectly. The clones roar out in laughter.

Onix, shaking his head, was about to respond to his allies inquiries when he felt his rump get slapped; the clone whirled faster than the bat of an eyelash, only to find Scar twiddling his thumbs behind him; Onix sighs with resignation, then turns to Ryltar and Lynx.
"Alright, anyone who needs a briefing on the bugs we're up against, follow me, and I'll get you two the kit you need," he says to the sun elf and drow mage.

"Alright, who ever wants to just relax and have a little R&R follow Stalker and Pyro; anyone, who's interested in the odd firepower of the ship, tag along with Ironside. Anyone else who wishes to explore the ship, go ahead, but please, don't get into any trouble, otherwise, you will find yourself in front of the captain, and I'd rather all of you met him on good terms."
"Edge, give the Captain a debriefing on our bug kill, and have the Leecher examined."

"Rodger that," Edge replied as he took off through the blast doors.

"Alright, Theta's, you have your orders, now go," Onix says to the rest of his squad.

Stalker and Pyro start heading towards tavern and relaxing quarters, while Ironside made off towards the armory nearest their position.

Onix turned towards Ryltar and Lynx and said "well, so you two ready to get what you need while I give you a quick rundown on the effective ways to kill these bugs."
((OOC: alright, everyone, wherever you go, feel free to describe the parts of the ship you visit, except the main places that the squad members are heading to. I.E the hallways you walk through, the mess hall, anything except the bridge, armory, relaxing quarters and tavern, so have fun.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix