[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Re: [Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inriia chuckled weakly, still attempting to move. any pressure on her arm or wrist sent shock of pain trailing up. She then noticed the bandage.
"careless perhaps. but you have to admit it was fun blowing things up and watching them light up like the winter moon."
the sorceress looked around seeing the carnage and the survivors, held a half smirk on her face.
"whaddida miss?" (what did i miss blurred to 1 word)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Chuckling hearing her." It was and it was a nice sight, anymore and we'd burn the forest down." At the question he shook his head slowly." Only me laying waste to anything that came near me." He mused slightly.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[color=#0000BF:2i1o0pky]When Zana or Drakin read over the letter, it would read; [i:2i1o0pky]Take the shining paladin; capture if possible; destroy with no remains whatsoever. Eliminate any in company with him, save for a little girl or boy, about six, seven years in age. Regarding one half-drow named Drakin, capture will be rewarded with a Dragon's horde in comparison; if death must ensue, deliver us the head; confirmation on identity critical. Should you encounter an odd looking half-drow female with a white tiger, capture her at all cost. If the paladin has not learned of her existence yet, then we must get to her; her potential use as a bargaining chip, or possible leverage against the paladin would be crucial. Su'raia has demanded that we be both quiet and discreet about this. Should this half-drow female be found, take her ALIVE at all costs. Should this come to pass, not only would you be handsomely rewarded, we would be more than obliged to take any and all future contracts on your slaves for trade.[/i:2i1o0pky] Whether this is seen by either Drakin or Zanathie, the intent of the contents within this simple letter is clear; both Zana and Drakin now had direct adversaries in their near future, and this would not bode well for either of them. However, one thing has come through; a name has been produced as to just [b:2i1o0pky]whom[/b:2i1o0pky] has been ordering the hits on Veraka.[/color:2i1o0pky]

Meanwhile, Veraka came over to Inriia right as she woke up; "you know, ya crazy pyro-nut, you might do well in selecting your targets next time; might save you the trouble of having to make a quick recovery or recovery at all. Now hold still," Veraka said, placing his armored hands over her injured arm, and pulling his strength, cast [i:2i1o0pky]Lay on Hands[/i:2i1o0pky]. Healing energies gathered into the mighty paladin and transferred to the drowess's arm, mending the damage that'd been done there. When he was done, the paladin took his hand off of Inriia's arm, looking at her and her newly mended arm. Then the aasimar turned to Zek, saying "get her to the horses; we're going now. I've had enough of this damnable road and the highwaymen on it." Whether or not Zek, acknowledged, Veraka turned about, heading back towards the now-freed prisoners.

When he got there, the platinum armored paladin shook his head, his white hair trailing behind his head; "what are we going to do with you?" A brow shot up on the aasimar's face as he looked over the refuges, his armored hands and arms crossed in a pattern that suggested that he was thinking on what way he could get them outta there. However, then a glimmer of something off in the distance caught his attention; upon further study, Veraka found exactly what he was looking for. A carts, one of them full a small bottles of something or other. There were three maybe four of them; only problem was that Veraka needed the muscle necessary to haul those carts. However, he recalled a few of the horses that the bandits kept were still tied up, despite all chaos and havoc that had been going on less than five minutes prior. Turning to the closest refuge, the paladin gave them specific instructions to go out and tie the remaining horses, mules, whatever the bandits had, whether they were stolen animals or not. Afterwards, taking those animals, tie them to the wagons and load the young, the injured, and anyone else who couldn't walk onto those carts. Afterwards, he told a young lad to go out and strip all of the arms and avalible armor from the bandits and bring it back. The boy and others ran off at Veraka's say so, more outta respect for the man's recent deadly display than his voice. Veraka himself removed the weapons of hte slain that were near him and put them in a pile near the corpses. He also grabbed any loose coin he found on the dead bodies with the weapons. When the young boy came back, with three other refuges, all of them carrying the arms and shields of the slain in their arms, Veraka smiled, and instructed them to put the gear on the ground where his looted items were. He then told them to equip themselves with whatever they saw fit to grab.

"You see those carts?" Veraka asked, pointing a platinum glove at the now horse-drawn carts; the boy nodded.
"Go around and tell all those whom are injured, or have children to get on those." The boy and his small group of now armed lads, went off and started scurrying about the freed folk. Soon enough, Veraka had the ex-prisoners on the carts, many carrying the arms and armor of the dead.
"Head back along this direction," Veraka pointed them towards where he and his group had come from.

"But what about our own houses and lives?" one woman protested, not sounding so sure about the idea.

"Listen ma'am; whatever chances you have of finding your way back to your previous lives are almost zero out here; first you need to get to another village or city; from there it will take time, but you will back in no time to your old lives."

After Veraka had quelled the doubts of the rabble, he returned to Drakin, and looked at the note; "whatever that thing has, read it on the go."

"Let's move!!" the paladin shouted to his group, knowing that everyone had heard. In a few minutes everyone was saddled up and ready to go; Kalannar was draped over the saddle of Luexena's horse, still unconscious. With the sound of Blaze neighing loudly, Veraka and his party took off in full flight towards Highmoon, or wherever place that Luexena had promised them to stay. Soon enough, the paladin had let the drow priestess take the lead, knowing that he didn't know their destination as well as Luexena did.
Last edited by veraka on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[offtopic:22yg9hil]Postby Inriiaynrae Jaelre » Sat May 07, 2011 4:20 am
On authority of the boss:

(somewhere else)
The 4 assassins stopped at the small unsuspecting town. They had been traveling for over 100 miles. Plus, it would give the spell caster of the 4 time to double check on their targets. their magical mounts were secured, no one bothering the group.

They walked into the small tavern, cleverly disguised as humble farmer family. The few inside didn’t bother to look up. and why would they? It was just some peasants. The barkeeper looked up.
Coins paid for a large room, they hurried upstairs. Once inside, traps were set along the door to secure it. the oldest beginning the work. Pouring water into the large basis she began the spell.[/offtopic:22yg9hil] the spell took alot of concentration. and they could only gather so much info. Someone was divinely helping and/or they had some powerful magic able to hinder such scrying. She stopped, her brow moist with sweat and turned to her companions.
"you know what to do. gather what we need and meet back no later than middark."
the other three nodded and dispersed.

[offtopic:22yg9hil]Whip secure on her hip, the snakes wiggling in excitement of the events. Or more in hopes of tasting flesh. Her heels made no sounds as she walked down the hall. The “packages” were loaded onto a large floating disk. Before stepping into the same room, the cowl of her piwafwi was pulled over her face. Even if it didn’t hide one obvious feature.
“have they made contact?” she asked the male. ((in drow, but it didnt recognize the word contact.))

He was in equal rank, for the most part. Dressed in magical dragon-hide armor, and tall for his race, he was impressive. Thick built and a thick scar across his face made him intimidating to most. he smirked, his multicolored eyes scanning her less than concealed form. He bowed, more for show than anything.
“jabbress,” raising his head when her gloved arm touched his shoulder, “nind ph'kr'athin.”

The bound and gagged fey’ri only heard voices. The blind on her eyes kept her from seeing, and the spell locks on each finger kept her from any possible spells. At the sound of the foreign language she knew what she was dealing with. The voice, it was somehow familiar. Like a life time ago. But she could not recall it. too worried and anxious over her children and husband to focus. She felt her son squirming again, waking up as the sleep poisons effects nearly spent.
“don’t move,” she whispered thru the gag, reaching her bound hands to touch his face.
A rod of some sort struck her arms for the action, enlisting a hiss from the mother. the young warrior laughed, preparing to strike again.
“z'lonzic!” the priestess called to her over excited warrior.
Her hand went to the whip showing her seriousness. The warrior paused knowing better. Respectfully bowing and backing away from the two.

The priest whistled for his troupe. “karliik doeb!”
His hand stretched out for her, she took it and stepped up onto the her own floating disk, himself joining her. As an extension of her will, she made it move along with the prisoners.[/offtopic:22yg9hil] they moved twords their location unhindered. the troupe of guards circling the two floating disk none had bothered. the fey'ri leaned over her kid as much as the bound mother could to protect. But she was careful to listen to every little sound, feel the changes going on around her, and work to maintain her cool and collected demenor thru this. still the fey'ri's mind could not place the so familar voice. it was someone from the past she had no doubt. but the elf had been around for a while, had been through alot.
the leading woman spoke again and the disks stopped. the priestess spoke to one of her soldiers, and barely audible steps faded. the priestess turned to the priest sitting beside her and leaned over to whisper a few words seductively. the male trying to focus, lightly pushed her away and kept his eyes forward.
laughing softly she only grinned but relented. looking over to the 'packages', "its only business," she spoke in regular elven dialect.

-----
-----
Inriia felt the magic, and when the deep gash was mended moved her wrist to get blood flowing again.
"Selected target? I fight indiscriminatly" she jested, moving to stand. the lizard overly excited that it was a jumble of words that Inriia heard. "i can walk just fine," still light-headed but stubbornly defiant.
carefully she made way to the horse, along with the ranger, and worked herself onto it ready to get going.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Luexena's dainty hand was resting upon Kalannar's shoulder, gently holding him in place upon the horse's back as the priestess was leading the group, keeping quiet, frowning some. Her friend was wounded and it was making her unsettled. The horse was trotting along the East road, but before the group approached Highmoon, Luex turned the horse and followed a path, leading them all deeper into the woods. The path seemed to be traveled enough; as they rode it, one of the large trees to the side of it started moving. The young priestess looked up to it and greeted the treant guard with a polite nod of her head.

Soon enough they'd see a building behind a tall fence, resting among the magnificent trees of the Semberholme. "The Drunken Badger" inn was known in the Deepingdale and Cormyr due to the shrine of Eilistraee built next to the structure. Once the group approached, the drowess slid off the horse's back and opened the gate for them, motioning to the door of the inn. [i:rixuk0xw]This place is warded. Completely safe. So rest and get some food.[/i:rixuk0xw] she said to Veraka. [i:rixuk0xw]I am going to take care of Kalannar and come back.[/i:rixuk0xw] With that she pulled the reins of the horse and led it toward the shrine. Luexena reached to the statue of the Goddess and touched it, vanishing from the sight right away, teleported to the enclave and leaving the rest by the inn.

The yard before the inn was large enough, with a small pond and a garden to the side. The building itself reminded of a short tower, somewhat fortified looking. Soon enough its door opened and a young elven woman walked out to offer the group a smile. [i:rixuk0xw]Welcome, welcome to the Badger. I am Deedre, the waitress. Anything we could serve you here?[/i:rixuk0xw] She invited them to enter, and should they follow her in, they'd see a big hall with tables and chairs, a pleasant smell of stew coming from the kitchen. In a farther corner there were stairs leading up to the rooms.
Runaiwem Tiwele
Maid
Maid

Post by Runaiwem Tiwele »

Inside the Badger Inn there was a yet another character. A young moon elf who might have turned into adulthood not more than ten years ago, was sitting over a pile of papers spread on one of the larger tables, covering it almost entirely. If someone looked at it from afar, they would see they are full of diagram and runic scripts. The impression probably wouldn't change much if one approached closer, as the papers were filled with numbers, all existing mathematical operators, variables and anything a theoretical scientist needs to do their work. The blonde-haired elf (a feature that he took after his sun-elven mother) continuously scribbled something on one of the parchments and his lips opened and closed as he silently "pronounced" whatever trace the quill left on the paper. The inn had not had many guests on that time — and he was glad for that as well as the cup warm, but not hot tea — exactly the way he liked.

Upon seeing coming guests, Runaiwëm blew some air from his mouth on the paper to dry the ink, rolled the parchment and looked up curiously, a small and a little mischievous smile appearing at his lips.
Seldsyrr
Maid
Maid

Post by Seldsyrr »

[i:2f6v926g]As Seldsyrr heard the wooden gates creak open behind him, the Warden creased his silver brow under the hunter-green colored cowl as he noticed Luexena riding in with injured. Turning quickly, he adjusted his cloak and moved to the side of her horse, taking the reigns to help slow the animal. Upon her dismount, he assisted in lowering Kalannar from the horse with a heavy sigh and motioned to a few others to assist Luexena as the elf needed healing quickly. As they took Kalannar around the side of the Inn towards the Shrine, the young drow tugged the horse's reigns leading to a trough of water while looking to the others entering and speaking in his usual soft voice, [/i:2f6v926g]"Welcome to the Badger. Show no fear as you are safe here as Luexena has stated. Our borders are constantly protected around the forests which surround the Inn itself." [i:2f6v926g]He offers a nod to each as he removed a carrot from a pouch, offering it to the steed.[/i:2f6v926g]

"I am known as Seld. A Warden of this Enclave. Be at Peace and eat. You all must be famished."

[i:2f6v926g]That said, he nodded to Deedre as she exited the Inn offering her warm greeting. As quickly as the drow appeared, he vanished into a shadow on the other side of the small pond to the east of the Inn. [/i:2f6v926g]
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin's head began to hurt as he deciphered the letter further. Somehow he doubted that the people who wrote this were the same one's that attacked at the town, as the letter made no mention of the female drowess, Inrii.

[i:3vxdihnp]Just how many people are after us?[/i:3vxdihnp] he wondered and, to make things worse, both parties seemed to be very well funded and connected. One at least had money enough, or enough power, to send dark elves and tiefling warlocks after them and hire various bands of bandits to try to do whatever their goal was. The other offered slavers funding for a lifetime, definitely not a cheap investment.

"Veraka," Drakin called out, "Got some news, and it isn't the kind we would prefer right now."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

A couple Tendays past now, a long hard ride from The Mere of Dead Men, passing through Waterdeep for provisions, and blazing a trail through the Anauroch, carried together, sisters taking turns on riding and allowing her twin to rest against her getting what rest they can. For the occasional pauses between to let their borrowed mount rest, taking turns with keeping watch, under most circumstances a perfect duo, with little to no need for anyone else to aid in their adventures. But now, their greatest trial yet, awaits not too much further, and despite the fatigue of traveling so hard with minimal rest, the anticipation finds them awake, and alert, particularly as the hot desert fades from view, during their short passage through Border Forest on The Black Road, and for the first time in the longest part of their jouney, the sound of a river beckons. A little further they push, making camp near the river, and for once in many nights, the rogue in their duo, found trees and other familiar flora where she could set out snares, trip-lines, and other simple traps, to alert them of danger, and then, they slept well.

Too far were the sounds of a distant battle, even with all the magic involved, it could not have woke them, these twin sisters so VERY far from home. Much of their dreams lately had been focused on the natural wonders witnessed on the road, and some on the events that sent them here. Those twenty days prior, out of work and poking around Luskan's Taverns and shadier hangouts, when found they, a bounty posted by the Hosttower, a dead or alive bounty no less, for a Paladin. Cold-blooded murder not exactly their forte, but sometimes sacrifices must be made when it comes to deciding between morals and eating.

By morning, both well-rested, and as they were traveling light, hesitated to rise from their singular bedroll. Light-hearted giggles and laughter filled the air of their little camp, as they snuggled to get a little extra warmth, before leaving the warmth of the bedroll behind, to enter into the cool morning air, and indulge in doubling their rationed food supplies for the morning. The first filling breakfast in many days, and then time came to break camp. Carah Stahne, clever, street-wise, and as deadly at sea as on land with a blade, set about disabling and retrieving salvageable materials used for her traps. Whilst her sister, and identical twin, Neriah, wise in matters of magic, the planes, and almost all things Infernal or Abyssal, meanwhile cast her lowest level invocations, Dark One's Own Luck, and See The Unseen, in succession (granting her +4 luck bonuses to all saving throws and ability to see objects and creatures invisible or partially concealed for 24 hours each). It was then, as she was producing the little black statuette of a horse from her coinpurse, was Neriah joined by her sister, pointing to the horizon,[color=#0000BF:vld9l9mx] "Sister? Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"[/color:vld9l9mx]

Attention drawn from preparing to summon their fiery magical steed from her home plane, Neriah grins aside, half-expecting some sort of ploy to take her eye off her sister, in a sneaky prelude to foreplay, but then realizes how serious Carah's expression is, and follows the aim of pointing finger to the billowing, lazy, black smoke, rising on distant horizon, [color=#FF00BF:vld9l9mx]"Well, if you're seeing opportunity, I heartily agree. Shall we?"[/color:vld9l9mx] Down she places the statuette, steps back and calls, [color=#FF00BF:vld9l9mx]"Blackfire!"[/color:vld9l9mx] On command the statue vanishes, replaced by the emerging fiery form of a large Nightmare fitted with saddle and charred-black armor, pawing the ground impatiently, full of fury and an eager desire to get moving.

Without delay, both sisters are in the saddle again, and fiery, hellish steed racing toward their new destination, pushing hard, and running their mount at a pace few mortal horses could manage, and fewer still that could maintain it as long without their heart exploding in their chest. For the average folk along the roads, or towns passed near, what a terrifying and wondrous sight such a trio surely is, but for none of such witnesses do they stop, the terror of their approach fading with threat of their presence, as they ride on, and out of sight. By time of their arrival, the sun is high, and there is only tracks and corpses for them to find, but none of these corpses made so fresh of tracks leading away. Both sisters then split up, studying the scene of a battle, now old enough that the bodies are lukewarm at best. Fires are extinguished with uses of Hellrime Blast, to make things easier. As corpses, stripped of their gear, are studied over, they peice together what they can make of the scene. It's the unmistakable deep impressions and large foot-size of a suit of full plate for a very large man, in close proximity to a man cut down by what looks like a broad blade, and not an axe, that Carah speaks up, declaring what both are already thinking, [color=#0000FF:vld9l9mx]"Ten sovereigns says this is the work of at least one large fellow in heavy armor, with an equally large sword. Judging by the layout of this place, and some of the structures, I'd say bandits, and there's a lot more recent tracks leading out than in."[/color:vld9l9mx]

Neriah crouches down close beside Carah, whom in turn was knelt beside the bandit who appears to have been cut down while on his knees, and teases, [color=#FF00BF:vld9l9mx]"He tell you all that? You know I don't like it when you keep the chatty ones all to yourself."[/color:vld9l9mx] A poke in Carah's side for emphasis, and then both stand in unison, and without a word, or need of conversation, just affectionate grins, both are quickly back in the saddle once more, and thundering along the path cut in the soil by refugee-laden wagons. By time came, that the summoning for this so-named Blackfire expired, leaving the two sisters on foot, were they nearing the end of their search. Just sticking to following the ruts in the ground from wagon wheels, and provided those wards allow a pair of Chaotic Good Tieflings through without any troubles, soon they too are witness to an inn, and the promise of NOT sleeping on the ground for a few nights at least.

((Will leave it here until I know if those wards let them pass. Can't see why not, but don't wanna jump to any conclusions.))
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to Veraka he's make sure she'd get to the horse, hell or high water. He'd do something next that should make any 'friends' of those who they killed a little more leary. Taking his knife he left a few marks near where some of the worst carnage was and of course near his own work. Looking at the rest of the scene he shook his head silently and hearing the words he looked to Inrii." I think our pasts are catching up for one, two as for those who are hunting us? They won't give up and they'll probably only become more skilled as we continue on. Which is fine with me, I can use the challenge." Taking a breath he muttered darkly for a moment before looking to Veraka." We better hurry, with a group like this, reinforcements won't be far away. Unless of course you want to add to the body count and we burn the forest to the ground." He had a slight grin" Which I can arrange.."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Easy, killer," snickers the bard at Drakin's comments as he joins them. "I don't think that will be necessary. Let's just see these folks safely off and get going, shall we? It's a long road ahead, and I for one am all for Lady Luaxena's suggesstion." He cocks his head, and ponders the scene. "It's curious, though. Why are there two groups after us, and why are they so persistant? Most thugs and riff-raff would have given up after seeing what was left of the LAST group that crossed our path."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the sorceress slid from her horse, feeling much more recovered by now, softly to the ground. Rubbing the horses neck she sense more presence not far off other than the greeters, signing the info to Zek.
then a nod of acknowledgment to the innkeeper and a glance around. They had been assured of no threats, but the girl was still cautious.
"Who are they after?" Inriia started, "multiple groups, but possibly not after the same one? or they hired mutiples, doubly sure to to get the job done. which brings up the previous question from before- who ticked off who..." then rethought it, "enough to be hunted." knowing they probably all had enemies of some sorts
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

A few touch-ups and disguises are donned in full, wide-brim hats concealing their horns, tails wrapped around their waists, to appear as if belts, and dark cloaks drawn close to shut, hiding weapons and all other noteworthy details. Carah pauses to check their disguises, and then, toward the inn they approach, the greeters flashed brief flirty smiles that come from both in unison. Nearing the inn proper, Carah points out that the tracks they've followed this far appear to end here. Both nod in unison thinking the same thing of this evidence and then Carah suggests,[color=#0000BF:3n47kw7z] "Sister, why don't you go in and get us a room, while I ask for directions?"[/color:3n47kw7z] Ask for directions, even Neriah knew what this meant, and nodded, with a slight sly grin, enjoying their innuendos and harmless-seeming codewords.

Whilst Neriah heads inside the inn to register and pay for a room for the night, Carah strolls toward the gathered pair of Drow, and the large man in armor she can only assume is her target, not at all put off by presence of Drow, and taking this opportunity to take some measure of the paladin, she queries of them, [color=#0000BF:3n47kw7z]"Pardon me gentlemen, perhaps you could be of some assistance to my sister and I? We're one our way to Shadowdale, in search of a man we've been hired to deliver a message to, but so far from The Mere of Dead Men, we have lost our bearings. If you could point us in the right direction, we would be ever so grateful."[/color:3n47kw7z]

@========================================================================================================================================@

Within the inn, Neriah strolls in on her own errand, leaving dealing with people and tracking to her sister. First thing is to tend to paying for, and registering for a room. family names are a dangerous thing to loved ones, to use on such a quest, and their own names shouldn't be known this far from the Sword Coast, as such she registers their room to 'Carah and Neriah'. Once this is done, to their room she goes, to get settled, and secure the room. No form of concealment; invisibility, displacement, or otherwise evading her sight.

((Henceforth, at least for this RP, I'll use Neri for this sister's name, to avoid confusion in later posts. As for what happens IC, confusion is meant to occur.))
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((This is following Luexena's post, just to make sure everyone got where we are now.))
[color=#0000BF:11lzjglf]The group arrived at the Drunken Badger with all haste possible, following Luexena's lead to Drunken Badger Inn. While here, Veraka, Zana, and their friends could rest easy, gather food, whatever supplies they'd need for another long stretch of their journey. After dismounting their horses, the group would head off into Inn, to be greeted by one Seldsyrr right before they entered, whom then left them to their own musings and disappeared into the air.[/color:11lzjglf]

[quote:11lzjglf]"Pardon me gentlemen, perhaps you could be of some assistance to my sister and I? We're one our way to Shadowdale, in search of a man we've been hired to deliver a message to, but so far from The Mere of Dead Men, we have lost our bearings. If you could point us in the right direction, we would be ever so grateful."[/quote:11lzjglf]

Veraka turned to look at the approaching woman; whilst her physical appearance didn't give him much sign of anything about her, his celestial vision gave more than simple clues about her to him. Her chaotic nature showed in her aura like a sore thumb, however, Veraka detected no evil intentions around her. [i:11lzjglf]Strange[/i:11lzjglf] he thought to himself, [i:11lzjglf]must be like Zarae, gets into all sorts of mischief but knows where to draw the line.[/i:11lzjglf]
However, something felt wrong about her; a twinge of suspicion at the back of aasimar's neck, much like the feeling he got when he first met Neriah, became an itch. There was more to her than he knew, and his celestial blood was telling him.
"You looking for Shadowdale, you're heading in the wrong direction; you should be heading Northwest," he pointed a platinum armored glove over his shoulder in the general direction that he knew Shadowdale to be in.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm a bit exhuasted from a long day's trip."

[color=#0000BF:11lzjglf] With that, Veraka moved past Carah, and made his way to the inn, not minding if Lothir or Zekafae took up the conversation with Carah, should their interest really peak.
After that, they were greeted by Deedre. At Veraka's wave of an armored glove, most of them moved into the Inn.[/color:11lzjglf]

Veraka entered the Drunken Badger, Aurora right on his heels, and turned about, finding the place was homy, if anything, it gave him a sense of relaxation, something that he'd all but forgotten. The aasimar seated himself at a table not far from the bar, where a group of dwarves were nursing their mugs of ale. One of the dwarves, a stout dwarf with a grimy looking copper beard, looked up and gave a nod of acknowledgement to Veraka as he passed him. As Veraka finally made it over to the table, he looked up and noticed a hooded sun elf staring in his direction, though with a dark green hood on, the aasimar couldn't tell where exactly the elf's eyes were looking. Still the feeling of being watched made him uncomfortable.
He didn't like just waiting around for something to happen, so he waved Deedre over; when she arrived, he spoke up; "I'll have the best drink and grub that this fine establishment has."

After that, the aasimar turned towards Drakin; "alright Drakin, let's here this; now's a better time than after I've taken a gulp of liquor."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin nodded at Lothir's comment, "Agreed, after all the trouble we've been through today, the future can wait till after a few rounds."

He moved into the tavern, leaving as to his suspicions why people were after them until everyone was inside and had a drink in front of them. The future could hopefully wait that long at least. As he entered, he caught the end of a question to Veraka about directions.

Drakin gazed at the woman who asked the question and felt something off about her. He had been in his bloody line of work long enough to trust his instincts, he noticed a few bulges on her person. Hidden weapons most likely, he had similar items hidden on himself. But that in itself didn't warrant this feeling he had, many people in the inn had at least a hidden dagger on their person. He had it then, it was her eyes, the cold eyes of a person who has enjoyed killing people. Drakin knew because he had the same eyes when he was on an assignment.

Though he suspected someone in their group was the target of this woman, he could not do much about it. If he tried something here the patrons of the bar would inevitably take the side of a woman attacked without evidence. So instead Drakin moved past her, following Veraka, with a hand on his wyvern stinger shotel, a weapon often considered as an assassin's tool, and gave her a slight smirk and a wink to show that he suspected what she was. If his suspicions were wrong she would more than likely think he was flirting with her than figure out the actual meaning.

[quote:16vxfl7b]After that, the aasimar turned towards Drakin; "alright Drakin, let's here this; now's a better time than after I've taken a gulp of liquor."[/quote:16vxfl7b]

"We have a lot of people looking for our heads," Drakin said quietly so the surrounding patrons couldn't hear, "At least two, both well funded. At least five of us are being targeted. Your daughter is one, and by both groups, but we already know that whoever is after her won't be having an easy time. You're also targeted by both groups, aren't you the popular one today." Drakin continued with a dry laugh, "And you're an easy target to find my shiny friend. All they have to do is follow the path of destruction. Inrii is another as we heard the wizard threaten her before he turned to ash. The other two are mentioned in this note."

Drakin slide the note across the table before continuing, "The letter mentions you, and your daughter. You're expendable, though preferable alive. Don't know why they'd want you alive after losing so many men now. You're daughter is a needed alive. It also mentions me: dead or alive. And Zana: alive. Though it makes no mention of why any of us are wanted. As for this symbol. I've seen it before. It belongs to a group that, I believe, is trying to take over the host-tower. Beyond that, I have nothing on them save that my brother crossed paths with them in the past. Though he never said what went on. We're going to have to talk to him, we're going to need information in this fight if we want to survive. But, we're closer to Dragon Coast so I think we should follow the riddle first and head to my brother once we find a chance."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701