[Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Pheurazath
Regular

Re: [Campaign] Darkness Falls, Light Shatters

Post by Pheurazath »

Should they be surprised that a Drow would be suspicious of their inquiry? As it turns out, they're not, in fact Inriia's attitude and replies are met with an amused grin, the twins sharing in a private joke, that neither had to speak a word to think of. One would have to come from their corner of the world, and been exposed to the wild tales of the local militia leader, and the town's grumpy local wizard, to know what they're grinning about, then it is Carah's turn to speak, while Neri leans back, falling silent as she watches for trouble to start, as they might expect it to, when dealing with the Drow.

[color=#0000FF:fp8g5zxr]"Conveniently? Do we have something to gain from someone sought going without being found? If so I hope you will share this theory of paranoia, dear, so that I may understand what trickery you suspect from the daughter of a human farmer, and be honored that you would accuse me of being so clever as to even nearly deceive a Drow."[/color:fp8g5zxr] A back-handed compliment, if ever Carah had ever issued one, as well as offering Inriia the opportunity to suggest she was nearly out-witted by a farmer's daughter.

Carah leans back in her seat, clasping hands behind her head, and gives an exasperated sigh,[color=#0000FF:fp8g5zxr] "Honestly, one would think that for as much as you Drow carry on about how surface dwellers are so weak, because we care about each other, and are often willing to help total strangers, without any personal gain at stake, you'd get done jumping at your own shadows once you got up here."
[/color:fp8g5zxr]
Neri for one, looks almost shocked at how her sister handles this, not one of her best performances in diplomacy, and yet, she's still inclined to agree with the exasperation. Despite that, she nudges her sister in the ribs, speaking low, in nearly a whisper, [color=#FF00FF:fp8g5zxr]"You trying to start a fight?"[/color:fp8g5zxr]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"LADIES!" Interrupts the drow bard, holding up his hands in a placating gesture. "Let's not all get oureselves in a twist over a simple overheard comment, eh? As it happens, yes, we are looking for someone, but no, unless 'big and shiny' over here deems it otherwise, I don't believe we need any help with that. As for the person we are looking for, you'd have noticed if you had seen her- she DOES rather stand out. More than that, I'll not say unless he wishes it." He jerks he head toward Veraka, giving the two a slight smirk. He has already noticed the almost predatory way they have been flirting with nearly every male in the room, and tosses a sly wink their direction.

"For what it's worth, you ladies are barking up the wrong tree in this town. I doubt any of the locals will keep you entertained for long. You'd do better to 'prowl' elsewhere, no doubt. And please, let's leave the 'catty' comments for another time, shall we?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

A look of relief comes to Neri's concerned gaze, as Lothir comes to the rescue. It would not do to have their mission compromised now, and this is such a cozy inn, having a battle here would ruin her good mood. Carah too calms down a bit, weary from their days of travel, the magical steed, once their father's wasn't the most comfortable beast to ride, even with the saddle it comes with when summoned. She cracks a faint grin, and Neri looses a giggle, soon after he has finished, and Neri offers, half-spoken to her sister, [color=#FF00FF:1ijuyl86]" 'Rather stands out'? That sounds an awful lot like Mother, doesn't it?"[/color:1ijuyl86]

Carah's grin warms to a soft chuckle, nodding in agreement, [color=#0000FF:1ijuyl86]"Or father."[/color:1ijuyl86] then she looks aside to the bard, [color=#0000FF:1ijuyl86]"Though I'm sure you're correct about the locals, I have some doubt that everyone here is local, locals usually take lodging in their own residences, where as an inn, normally lodges travelers of one variety or another. So where better to prrrowl, than here?[/color:1ijuyl86]" Indeed she rolls the 'R' in 'prowl' making a pun on his comment about catty comments. Anyone get the feeling these two spend a lot of time around cats, and breaking the hearts of many young men? Probably a safe bet, that feeling is right. Best not to get too attached to them, but probably no harm in enjoying their company while one can.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((whatever i had, i lost. so just couldnt come up with what i wanted to say. *sigh*))

Inriia looked over, her smart elic comment stopped by Lothir's referee. Her intended game put on hold now. the sorceress then smirked as she eyed the cloaked(correct?) women, managing to keep her calm also helped by a hand on her forearm. A few silent words were sent to Zarstra who nodded her acknowledgement. the lizard climbed down into the shadows of the tables, blending well with her environment. she slipped stealthily twords the two, relaying info back to the sorceress.
"[color=#BF4080:4ag2clrh]ya know how to ruin a girl's fun[/color:4ag2clrh]," Inriia replied offhandedly, returning to her focus on her plate.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Noting her comment, he turns to Inrii and snickers. "Don't worry, my dear- there's plenty of that to be had later, I'm sure. For now, we should get what rest and relaxation we can. I have a funny feeling it will be in short supply very soon."

Returning his attention to the other two, he gives them a smile that would melt the hearts of most females, and bows slightly. Having caught the pun, he snickers. "Well, by 'locals', I was speaking in general terms. Most of these folk are simple travelers- merchants and pilgrims, for the most part. Or they simply came in for a drink or three before heading home for the night. Hardly appropriate 'prey' for a couple of discerning hunters like yourselves. So far as I know, the only ones here who would be worth your pursuit are the ones in our little party, and most of them are either spoken for or simply have other things on their minds at the moment. Though perhaps, if you would like some friendly company for a few drinks...?" He leaves the invitation open, with a shrug and an oh-so-charming bow and wave of his hand.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Perking a brow he shook his head hushing his familiar before speaking" oh let them have the catty fun. Gods only knows from what it looks like.. they need a little action here." Whatever he meant by that who knew, he left it very open for interpretation. He had that rogue like air about him, which probably meant he himself maybe up to trouble. Watching the scene in the corner of his eye as he took a final drink. He wondered what would happen, would they cause trouble. Or perhaps there could be fun... and fun for him could be anything.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...