Time to Go to School

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

"High esteem. heh. Vealtobse just doesn't care enough to actively limit clerical ability. I just helped out with something in the church and was granted less restrictions despite my position(Practiced Spellcaster feat). I'm not actually part of my patrons church." Hespa wasn't about to dig herself too deep a grave by saying she deserved higher divine power, then anyone could look into the church and see she was lying.
"Do many other drow escape the barbaric lifestyle of lies and backstabbing?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyeke shrugged, a look of sorrow on his face.

[color=blue:kkbbxqib]"I know not. I haven't been to Menzoberannzen in... a very long time. Like I said, I was fortunate. I traveled with a large group, almost a hundred were with us. The Matrons were 'lenient' and allowed us to leave the city, in the hopes we would die. Sadly, they were correct for almost half of us. I wish there had been more."[/color:kkbbxqib]

His red eyes seemed to sparkle with tears, but that could very well be a trick of the light.

He scratched his head, the hood falling off in the motion. The drow was bald, except for a small patch on the back of his head, where a lengthy ponytail grew, tucked inside his cloak.

[color=blue:kkbbxqib]"Forgive me, but I have never heard of that deity. Is it from a distant land?"[/color:kkbbxqib]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Matron. She hadn't thought of hers in a long time. almost four hundred years in fact, maybe closer to three. They had to be the worst of them, having obtained their position being the most crafty. Worse even the the priestesses who were bound in some way by their position.
Shaking her head slightly to forget again, she replied.
"Vealtobse, She isn't well known here. Or most of anywhere in fact, but she has more then a few churches scattered across the globe. She'd get more followers if she wasn't so lazy. Ironic though, how her religion teaches to help further the development of civilization, yet she lounges about where ever she is barely paying attention to much of anything. For instance. by speaking her name she should be mentally aware of us right now, as with most deities. But Vealtobse on the otherhand, is probably pushing us away right now even If I were to blatantly insult her." Hespa didn't mean to sound annoyed, but she noticed it on the edge of her voice.
"Her laziness has benefits though. She doesn't care to provide, so she tends to make things so you wont ask to much or break her lounging with some divination spell. Her afterlife for example, is said to be a paradise most would be a fool to turn away. Just don't pester her while your there."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke chuckled,

[color=blue:3du9eu2m]"Fascinating. I really should get out more... A goddess like her is an interesting conundrum in this world."[/color:3du9eu2m]
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

"What of... what was it. Ellystray?" Hespa somewhat bluffed, her memory was far better then that.
"I don't may much attention to other deities. Not much of a religious type. Again, Vealtobse attracts oddities. a Cleric who isn't religious." She laughed.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((now to catch up before gettin back to the books. the break is nice tho.))

she felt the wards power, tho it was nothing compared to half the things she'd been thru. still curious, yet more cautious than she usually was, she pulled out a scroll.
when the casting was complete, the item was smaller and managable. opening her bag, she pulled it over and into it. might later manipulate someone into opening it. there had to be some dumb person willing somewhere. the stinking world was full of them.

listening, she had a few other thoughts run thru her head.
"troubles expected? there better be anyway" shr replied sarcastically. but to have a possible idea would be nice. pulling her waterskin again, she stood up from her kneeling spot, the bag secured again and looking over the vast emptiness of the land. it was no wonder her people didnt settle much in the desert cities. the light was killer. not to mention the heat only to get worse. no wonder Mayindia didnt come here as well.
absentmindedly, her hand went twords her shoulder to rub the spot of a not too old injury.
"yes. away from the lack of cover would be nice," she answered quickly, taking a final gulp of her water and heading to her mount.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke laughed, even he realized that the person he was talking to could not be so forgetful.

[color=blue:381seigb]"Eilistraee. I suppose she does a good many things, and sets high tenets for her priestesses and followers to follow. Ultimately she wishes for the drow to return to the surface, and abandon their lawless ways. She insists that we help those in need, especially drow. For it is not for us to know how our kindness may affect another's life."[/color:381seigb]

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

(Well, they both sound similar...)

"Eilistraee has a lot of work to do then. Vealtobse would have ditched 'em or done something else like taking away choice in the matter." Though the drow were marked by the elves after being corrupted by lolith against all against their will...
The square seemed empty of costumers, So she started to pack up.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled, although Inrii couldn't see it because of the cloth he wore over his lower face.

[color=red:1sphzr2c]"Come now. Let's make haste to the city. I assure you, you shouldn't have as much trouble with this place tomorrow. The clothing one wears is actually incredibly important."[/color:1sphzr2c]

He hopped on his camel, and waited for Inrii to do the same. When she too was mounted, Elwyn led his mount onwards. Soon the two made their way to a small village. As the two entered through the impromptu gates, they could see that the oasis that they had traveled for had dried up. And yet despite this, the village was still bustling with activity, children were running around, even adults hustling with pails, buckets, and other containers.
Elwyn stopped a passerby to inquire what was going on, and was pointed in the direction of the oasis, where he could just barely make out two figures standing next to some cart. He couldn't see the contents but it was fairly obvious that was where the water was coming from.
Waving for Inrii to follow him, he made his way over to the cart.

[color=red:1sphzr2c]"Forgive the intrusion, my friend and I would like to purchase some water."[/color:1sphzr2c] Elwyn said, looking at the female.

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

"I'm sorry, theres nothing to purchase" Hespa said with a smile.
"But the water, however, is free." She said gesturing to the remaining two large jugs she had yet to hide 'Under the cart' inside her bag.
"a jug, cup, skin, or I'll fill what ever you got."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn crossed his arms on his chest.

[color=red:ahjehmb8]"Do you take me for a fool, free water in a dried up oasis? What poison or drug is in there?"[/color:ahjehmb8]
He made a motion to kick the cart over, but the drow moved before Elwyn could. His leg swept out, tripping the puppeteer.

[color=blue:ahjehmb8]"Elwyn, if this is really the reason I was brought here, I shall no longer answer your summons, foolish thing. This woman has a much kinder heart than you, and has worked very hard to obtain that water for the townspeople. You should thank her."[/color:ahjehmb8]

Elwyn picked himself up off the ground, brushing the sand off his cloak.

[color=red:ahjehmb8]"Zyeke, I see you are still seducing women who are much too young for you, my friend."[/color:ahjehmb8]

He turned to Hespa,

[color=blue:ahjehmb8]"You needn't fear, I had no unbecoming intentions towards you. Simply a conversation to pass the time."[/color:ahjehmb8]

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((taking a short break before i go more insane))

the young and currently disguised (magically so true seeing will show a black dresses female drow in her 20's) drowess followed, a hand near a dagger, and crimson eyes watching everywhere. especially with the so called kids. she knew of halflings who pretended and were usually smart pick-pockets.
nearing the two drows (not disguised right? will edit if need be) she became more cuatious. tho curious why they were here and how they werent being attacked. one did not fin her kin on the surface as often and rarer in a desert town.

She watched as the drow male quickly put the human in his place. a smirk creased on her face, hidden by the turban like head covering she was currently in. the two obviously knew each other. She also wondered what tho two drow where? not spider-kissers obviously. She looked to the female, studying her a moment as the events between the three went on. sure she was not all that she appeared. a powerful magical aura about her.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Hespa dropped her Halt spell she had set (Invisible, nearly undetectable force effect you'd have to run into to notice), should the unlawful male completed that kick he would have been in for a solid surprise. Five hundred years of practice doesn't leave one unprepared.
"Well, I'm grateful." She said, nervously glancing towards the dirtied newcomer. Bluffing was one of her better suits ((Supposedly.. She has the Bluff skill with miscellaneous modifiers)).
"heheh*nervous laughter*... Yes, I assure you. It is pure, safe water."

((( In your posts you can control Hespa a bit, Just be sure to play her how she is. A high scoring level twenty Six character capable of powerful psionic powers, who is somewhat secretive preferring to not openly perform magic, but still helpful even if its behind a high bluff skill.
I should also note that she can suppress her own auras as well as read others.)))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged,

[color=red:2jpu3pwp]"If Zyeke vouches for you, I suppose I can hardly doubt your intentions."[/color:2jpu3pwp] He waved Inrii forward, [color=red:2jpu3pwp]"If you could fill her water-skin, we will simply take the drow off your hands, and be on our way."[/color:2jpu3pwp]

He turned, and looking around at the villagers headed back to the camels.

[color=blue:2jpu3pwp]"Hold it, young human. I haven't agreed to coming with you. I simply came in answers to a summons, nothing more."[/color:2jpu3pwp] Zyeke looked to Hespa, [color=blue:2jpu3pwp]"Would you like to accompany us? I assure you, it will be more suited to your talents, as opposed to filling the water-skins of children. More important too."[/color:2jpu3pwp]

Zyeke
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

Hespa thought about it, But she didn't like to leave unfinished business.
"If I do not fill the children's cups, They will go without. If you believe you need my assistance, wait until tomorrow morning." Hespa had a plan in place to restore the Oasis laid out. She'd have to do it at nightfall.