Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah glanced at Adian when he posed his question to her; "I do have a number of spells that Zarae might find useful in addition to her abilities. It truly a depends on what she is looking for though; I believe she is already familiar with Shadow Walk, so the only other real options I could offer would be [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ethere ... m:3312wveu]Etherealness[/url:3312wveu] or perhaps a delayed [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mislead.htm:3312wveu]Mislead[/url:3312wveu] spell."
The fey'ri turned to Zarae, "it truly depends on what you want my dear?"

Aurora perked her ears up, and sent out her mental thoughts to all around; [i:3312wveu]if Neriah can cast those same spells on me, I could be her nose.[/i:3312wveu]

Veraka nodded his agreement; "while I hesitate to send two of our company ahead, Zarae is a capable fighter on her own, add to that Aurora's capacity as a winter wolf, and they're already capable of handling their own against most kinds of foes there are."

Finally, Sanisa looked up to the group and added; "plus, if needed, I'm certain that either I or Neriah could get you out of a harmful situation should you stumble upon one that can't be overcome with stealth and subtlety."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(edited the previous so she aint left yet)
"actually, the ethereal sounds rather fun," she replied, "and if Auroa wants to scout thats fine. only concern is she cant hide her heat signature. and most of us Underdark 'natives' and cavern dwellers see infravision and darkvision."

she pulled her hood over her face, activating her house emblem, with a magical shield. real quick, she pulled out a piece of dark blue spidersilk fabric from her pack, the same as her shirt, only handkerchief size and handed it to them. "if something happens, maybe someone can scry me later?" then cracking a smile to lighten the mood, "alright, light me up," she jested.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was feeling her streigth slowly come back as she warmed by the fire still snuggled close to Adain. His streigth seemed to regenerate her own as did the fire seem to.
She called the white wolf to her affectionatly it had been a wile since they had a visit.
She listened carefully to what was being planned and was getting mentaly prepared for what could lie ahead.
" Adain " she said taking his hand " I feel much stronger now I think that the fire the solor sommoned might have some kind of magical element, I think i am as if i had a good nights rest and ready for what is in store...i will follow your lead the links between you and i and Zerae seem to be stronger as well."
She turned to Zerae " i will keep comunication between you and the group. " she said as she tightened the strapes on her ancle daggers that had come loss in the water.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Then we can get started," Adian said with a nod and a last squeeze around Cinder's waist. He checked his sword and made sure he could draw it easily. Thank goodness for that potion...he could.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah nodded to Zarae as she wove her hands through the proper patterns, chanting the words to the [i:21m53o9f]Etherealness[/i:21m53o9f] that she was about to cast. When the fey'ri completed her spell, Zarae would find herself now completely in an ethereal state, along with Aurora.

She nodded to Zarae and Aurora; "Well I think that should keep you two safe for the moment." Neriah looked to Zarae; "you'll be this way for about 20 minutes, give or take. I've never done this without myself becoming ethereal as well, just a warning, the spell could wear off at any moment."

[i:21m53o9f]Ahh, but that's the fun part, anything that makes the situation more challenging is the fun part about it,[/i:21m53o9f] Aurora chimed, despite her physical, furry body being in the same ethereal state that Zarae's was in.

[color=blue:21m53o9f]"Then we can get started,"[/color:21m53o9f]

Veraka nodded his agreement with Adian; "I concur, let's get this over with."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

it took the rogue a moment to adjust to the sudden change. the etheral plane co-existing yet its own. she had to figure how to work it. before long she was on the move with the winter wolf and heading down the cavern. out of sight from Cinder, Zarae call forth Shade. the purple smoke appearing and the spider left in its place. quick run down of the situation, Shade scurried up the cavern wall and followed along the ceiling.
the winding path with a few others branching off, but she maintain her course, allowing Shade to investigate the dead ends.
every so often, she sent word to Cinder who'd estabilished a mental message link.

it was strange, too quiet the rogue thought. and she could sense something. the path opened into a larger chamber with sprouting paths evenly spaced. Zarae stepped in a silent as the shadows, her suspecious confirmed.
there was a hord of them. skeletal minions of all types of creatures. she wondered if they were related to the disappeared. tho if the light disenegrated one, it would be strange.
"this aint good," she sent to Aurora and Shade, "wait here a moment." especially Shade who was not etheral.

the sack of bones that was serving as guard moved not a bit as she stepped to the door. had she been on the material plane, a search for traps would have been needed. she'd have to remember to do that when they came this way again.
a vaulted door, simular to the one that shut them in appeared in her sight. around it were strong magical energies- clearly wards.
Zarae began to head over to it, but
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian waited with the others. He had to resist the childlike impulse to ask about her status every other minute...she was capable of taking care of herself, he reminded himself.

[i:3agzu0w9]Calm...just stay calm. Be at peace in the hands of the Lady...[/i:3agzu0w9]

So he waited and tried to keep from worrying.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder had to admit she her
self was a bit worried about Zerae all the dangers that she could stumble upon she thought as she listened to Adain's thoughts grind over a few to say the least. But the great wolf was powerfull and so was she she would be fine " We are not so far we can't reach her " she wispered to Adain.
" She has found a door like this one behind us and she sences magic, there are some words she is trying to make some sence of "
She told the others.

((are we following behind or waiting by the door? ))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i think yall are waiting.
if yall run in, there are traps- one just inside the cavern, and a in from of every passge connected to the large cavern, she has to disable when back on the material plane))

a funny thought came thru her head, she wondered how tempted Aurora was with all the bones...imagining the wolf running off with a large femur as a young pup might would with a toy. (sorry couldnt help it)

the rogue, saw it, right as her foot was in mid air coming down all she could do was fall to the floor or set it off. whoever was here had prepared for anything, including etheral beings.
she forced herself to fall forward to stop from triggering the stupid thing. Memorized by the door, she had barely saw it. She was gunna get everyone killed!
her rolling dive, tho quiet comparatively, had alerted one or two of the skeletons, tho they couldnt find her. mindlessly they took their swords, remaining in place and began swinging.
if anything, she would attempt to shadowjump back with the others. tho how dangerous it would till the spell wore off she didnt know.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder giggled as she listened to Zerae's thoughts about Aurora running off with bones " i bit morbit Zerae " Cinder Chid her.

She glanced over to see the Solor looking her over rather curiously
she knew she could not sheild her thoughts from her she was on a completely diffrent level that Cinder did not fully understand.
She rised her brow and nodded respectfully. She took Adains hand reasuring him that Zerae was fine.
Sudenly she felt a surge of shock from Zerae " is every thing ok out there? Zerae do you need some assistance? "
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

more of the skeletons began to 'awaken' now. almost as if whoever knew they were there. maybe the being sensed the powerful goodness of the Solar? and the combinded goodness of all present? (i think everyone here is of some good alignment. any N's left).

As they mobalized to march out, [i:2k7b9k6w]half [/i:2k7b9k6w]stayed behind. they had to be smart didnt they. stupid skeletons. and from the looks of them, they were a bit more powerful!
Shade above remained still tho worried thought from her was clear to the drowess.
hearing Cinder's message, "I[i:2k7b9k6w] am. but yall aint about to be. 30 are heading your way.[/i:2k7b9k6w]"

the sounds of bone on cavern floor would be unmistakeable to sensitive ears. and the sounds growing louder as they marched twords the group. somehow they managed to miss any traps. almost as if by intervention.

==
On the other side of the door, a smile grew on lovely features, that turned into a wicked grin.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora followed Zarae down the passageway, in their ethereal state, it was almost impossible to detect them. However, when Zarae gave out the command to hold, Aurora did so. The winter wolf had learned long ago to trust those whom her little brother trusted, plus Zarae didn't strike her as the type who'd miss a single detail of something of a trap.

When Aurora saw the sack of bones, her first instinct was to leap forwards and claim the inanimate piece of skeleton as her own. However she suppressed that urge, knowing that it would only lead to a very bad problem. That potential problem then quickly became a very real one when that whole lot of skeletons arose from the very ground beneath her paws and half of the shambling bone piles started moving off towards where Veraka, his mother and the rest of their friends waited.

============

Veraka, with Adian marching up at the front of their small squad, quietly sensed a whole new set of disturbances ahead of them.

"Careful, my son; I detect several unearthly presences moving towards us. Young Zarae was not lying when she said that there would be traps ahead of us, I fear that we will run into one here soon."
The huge paladin nodded an affirmative back to his celestial mother and proceeded forwards with caution, shield raised slightly, Marala Vharc at the ready in his other hand.

Next to Sanisa walked Neriah, her fey'ri features curled up in disgust trying to figure out what magics were at work within the cave. Her senses tingled from in front of her, as her magically attuned eyes caught wind of a very powerful source of Necromancy just ahead of them.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian followed suit, setting himself up next to and slightly behind Veraka to keep either from accidentally chopping into the other. He felt the odd supernatural coldness that preceded the creatures.

His darkvision saw them first. Since they had no body heat, he could only see vague shapes in the blackness. It took him a few moments before he realized what he was seeing.

"Lady of the Dance, guide our steps in the face of fear and shadow and bring us into the light under the skies..."

(Casting a [i:33e4i6kx]Bless[/i:33e4i6kx] spell.)
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

))was hoping to wait on cinder. so a rather small post((

the skeletons marched on the path, the feet reverberating thru the stone. the ones in front neared the party of invaders, swords out before them to strike.

the one in front (not sure who) should they be walking in the center would have the right weight to trigger the first trap. the pressure plat decended an inch and within a few seconds was released a large swinging ax.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( sorry the posts are not showing up to my emails i will check Choosen directly ))

Cinder walked silently following closely behind Adain it was not as if the strange being or beings were not very aware of were they were she could sence that. Watching his back vigourously
Her ears were twitching her eyes peirced the darkness...she could hear something in her mind coming from out there, a very slimmy mind is slithered about it seemed to be antissupating something. Cinder probed carefuly with out being detected... she had wispered a protection spell to keep anything from feeling her probes and could be very crafty at getting into a mind from various angles that were not guarded. " there is a trap out there in front Adain it is not far " she wispered almost bumping into him as he slowed to listen to her.