Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Above Cinder's head was a flash of silver. Adian was suddenly standing over her and a scattering of fragmented bone rained down around them. He didn't speak to her...there simply wasn't time. He continued the attack, trying to push the line of the enemy back to keep Cinder safe.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was not hurt seriously, she tryed to roll out of Adains way and grasped on to a pair of bonny legs as she did. Pulling down one of the undead her daggers went for his leg jiont, easily she popped off one leg then collied her arms around for the shoulder of the arm that held a sword and popped it off as well digging her blade into the sholder jiont.
Her leg was hurt so she remained low to the ground rolling and slashing.
" I am ok I think Adain, my leg was twisted thow " she wispered into his mind. " think i should be able to stand "
She grasped on to the sword that fell from the skeltions hands and pulled herself up.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

With a sickening [i:qk8d1rkp]POP[/i:qk8d1rkp], Neriah managed to put her husbands shoulder back into its socket.

The mighty aasimar smiled to his wife, saying "you know, you're stronger than you look, my dear."

"Shut up and use it now, my husband," hissed Neriah, pulling out the spell components for a [i:qk8d1rkp]Chain Lighting[/i:qk8d1rkp].

Veraka chuckled at his wife's antics, always willing to assist in the midst of battle, yet always wishing there was more time for them both. Veraka tested his shield arm back by rolling it up and down a few times.

"My son!!" cried his mother from the thick of battle, "Young Adian needs your help, NOW!!!"

When the aasimar looked over, his first impression was that the young paladin did not, seeing him fly through the battle like a whirlwind, yet with a precision that he not thought possible. Adian was applying everything that Veraka had taught him in that brief lesson he'd given the paladin, yet he was using it in a different way than Veraka was used to. He was almost [i:qk8d1rkp]dancing[/i:qk8d1rkp].
"The boy's truly one with the Maiden right now," the aasimar said to himself in a low tone. However, his silver eyes quickly fell to Cinder, whom was not injured, but wasn't going to move anywhere fast, as far as the aasimar could tell.

True to his heritage, Veraka let out a bellow of a challenge, which echoed throughout the room, and charged forward, shield raised, Marala Vharc flashing.

Sanisa looked over with a sigh of relief to see her son mustering himself and surging forward into the thick of things. However, she was astounded by the nature by which he did so. His movements were powerful, and strong, no sigh of grace or finesse anywhere. When Veraka collided with a skeleton, shield bashing it with the full speed of his charge, she understood. His barbarian raising, plus the nature of the beast that dwelled inside of him, made such relentless actions from him all the more possible.

Veraka roared as he slammed into his first skeleton, and sent it careening into the wall, turning it into splinters. Bringing Marala Vharc over his head, Veraka slashed downward with all his strength, cleaving another bonehead in two. The walking juggernaut continued forward, a maelstrom of chaos that sewed destruction with every step he took.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

She put most of her weight on her strong leg and swung the sword at a skelton that was coming at her.
The sword was much to big for her but she is very strong for her small size, she managed it but was not able to move with any speed. Just enough to crack a few bones and keep it at bay, Verake and Adain seemed to have things well in hand and the undead were falling fast. She thought it best to find a safe place to stay out of harms way.
Cinder was near the wall of the cave and begain singing a spell that would sink herself into the rock she dropped the sword on the floor of the cave and disappeared into the rock. She could hear the fighting but could not see.
" I am safe in wall of the rock Adain " she spoke softly to his mind.
The Rock acted as a brace around her leg keeping it still and in place she focused on the wound emercing it in a healing light.

She fell into a trance like state logded there in the rock the sound of swords smashing bones fadded and she heard a musical sound coming from deep in the rock that lulled her ever so gently.
she could not ressit following the beautiful sound that seemed to be singing to her, it was the voise of a child it seemed it took her to a lush forest with a streemed that sparkled in the light that shone throw the trees and danced on it's surface. in the middle of the stream sat a young girl on a rock. " hello mother " she said " I have been waiting for you, have you come for me?
Cinder could see her but she seemed to still be in the rock, still the sound of Adain and Verakes swords she could faintly hear. Father is fighting thows awful things isn't he?
" Father ... Mother " Cinder puzzled.
What did the young child mean she thought.
But she was dreaming or something it all seemed so real and yet not real at the same time.
She had to get back!!
She focused on the sound of Adains sword, thow it was enchanting and diffucult to resist the beautiful place ...who knows were? She pushed it away. The fighting was slowing in the cave, and sounded like it might be coming to an end.
Cinder waited " Adain tell me when it is safe to come out " she called out to him in throw her thoughts.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the number of walking bones began slowly diminishing but the effects of them are harder than any would guess. wounds, injuries, and the like would add up. being in such a vulnerable place, so close to their goal...and of course the other half of this army in the other cave protecting the door.

Zarae felt the bite of the sword hit her, the wound was superficial as the other hits had been so far, but she was hurting. her magical shirt was able to hold off major cuts and slices. she dance back out of range again, Moonshadow moving in front to block, as Stealthwhisper slipped in from the shadow to take off the weapon arm. three of the skeletons had turned on her now. twirling both blades she stepped back as they advanced. then flipped over them spinning and striking. the one on the left saw his chance, the blade tip digging into her thigh. her foot kicked out as a sword swung as the one on the right tried to strike. blood ha been drawn, hot liquid running down her leg and pain throbbing as she moved.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The skeletal warriors's numbers became thinner faster than before. Between the two paladins and the celestial, with Zarae clawing away their rear the monsters were rapidly being reduced to fragments.

[i:1l3rg6c1]Stay where you are,[/i:1l3rg6c1] Adian silently told Cinder. [i:1l3rg6c1]We're almost done out here.[/i:1l3rg6c1]

As he spoke he felt himself entering into the final set of steps of the dance in his mind. He stormed into the remaining monsters and started demolishing them with great sweeps of his blade.

[i:1l3rg6c1]Only a few steps left...[/i:1l3rg6c1]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Zarea has been Hurt Adain can you get to her? " Cinder asked hopefully.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Ignoring the pain she spun like a dancer, Moonshadow's glow twirling around with her along with her hair and piwafwi in a multicolored blur. it struck again, the head of the skeleton flying off to hit the stone wall with a crack.

she flipped back the blade that was aimed for her head just missing her neck. Stealthwhisper struck out chopping away ribs. Shade winding some in webbing allowing another to cut them down.

then there were 5 left, the efforts of the paladins, the celestial, and the feyri sorceress had taken down so many. the fact that 30 more waited in the next room sobered up the rogue pushing her on, despite the exhaustion edging in, made worse by the would in her leg.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

The Sprain in Cinders leg was mending with the help of the rock and the healing light she drew on.
Her mind was in some sort of dazz she could hear Adain clearly as usual, Zarae seemed to be coping with her pain. But something was off. It was like something was tampering with her mind it would go in and out of dream like states wilts she was still aware of what was going on out in the cave.
She suddenly saw a red light drawing close to her she tried to sheild from it but focusing was difficult she was so scattered. Cinder knew this red light was evil it seemed to ozz toward her. She reached for the pellets in the pouch around her waist.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:4zfkn1rg]8...7...6...[/i:4zfkn1rg]

Adian's dance was reaching a whirling crescendo, and there were still five monsters left. His mind was telling him that he simply wouldn't have time to deal with them all.

[i:4zfkn1rg]...5...4...3...[/i:4zfkn1rg]

He was among them moving like a shining blur. His enchanted blade sang as it hacked into the skeletal warriors.

[i:4zfkn1rg]...2...[/i:4zfkn1rg]

He lost track of how many blows he was raining on them or how many there were.

[i:4zfkn1rg]...1...[/i:4zfkn1rg]

He came about for one last great sweep...

[i:4zfkn1rg]...and done![/i:4zfkn1rg]

He stopped, his last swing complete. All around him, bone fragments and shattered weapons fell like rain. It was over.

[i:4zfkn1rg]All right, Cinder, you can come out now. We're going to need your healing powers...[/i:4zfkn1rg]

A remaining skeleton with twin red fires burning in its otherwise empty sockets, rose up behind the young dark elf. Somehow it had survived the assault with most of its frame intact. It raised its half-sheared sword, plunging it towards Adian's unprotected back.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The combined might of Veraka, Neriah, Sanisa, and Adian was like a torrent floodwaters that washed away the 30 odd skeletons that had stood before them not a moment earlier.

While her husband brought down his last skeleton, Marala Vharc cleaved into it's skull, she noticed Adian's exposed back as one of the undead creatures, which had somehow survived the barrage from her husband, his mother, and Adian. She screamed out for Adian to move right as the moving bone pile brought it's tattered blade down on Adian from behind.

Veraka heard the scream of his wife, and turned in time just to see an undead bringing its seared weapon down ontop of young drow for the kill. However, in a split second, he was blinded by a light brighter than the sun.

When Veraka regained his sight, he saw a sight only the gods themselves could've made possible. His mother was between the undead and Adian, her mithral armored hand outstretched, locked around the skeletons blade. Sanisa's golden eyes glowed with a fury that could've rivaled Lolths wrath any day. Her teeth were gritted, which made the celestial, whom normally looked more or less calm, serene and peaceful, look quite fearsome. With her other hand, Sanisa sheathed her greatsword, and then brought her hand around and into the skeletons collar bone. She then screamed with all the wrath that she could muster, summoning the fires of war down from the heavens and through her palm, into the skeleton. The skeleton literally was lit ablaze from the divine energy that came surging through the celestial's hand as the solar woman unleashed [i:dgvo0o3q]Disintegrate[/i:dgvo0o3q] upon the skeleton.

An instant later, nothing but ashes remained where the skeleton was. Sanisa composed herself firmly and walked back over to where her son was, despite the looks she got from everyone, her son and his wife included.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

When the second explosion of light came Adian fully expected to be blinded again. But this light was different, a celestial light that burned only the undead behind him and not his sensitive retinas.

He turned around at the ashen remains of the skeleton and stared at the Solar. The wrath of the gods had struck inches behind his back and he was unscathed.

How did one express enough gratitude for that?

He opened his mouth, then closed it again. Anything he could possibly say would seem terribly inane. He looked at the ash again, then back to Sanisa.

"Thank you," he said at last in a quiet voice, meaning both syllables from his heart to his toes. Everything above his heart seemed to be having a hard time coming back online properly.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

those 30 annihilated, she leaned against the wall and slumped down to the floor. her weapons sitting beside her on the stone, she now reached down to staunch the bleeding.
she heard the sounds of the others, saw the bright light, but as she was, it didnt fully register. Shade on the ceiling lowered herself to Zarae standing beside her.
not one to dammper hope, they other skeletons would soon be marching on them no doubt. especially if the controller was ticked off enough.

--
she was more amused than anything. 30 of her guards wiped out was nothing. the second half protected the door. there were more to be had. no, she was rather interested int he group. maybe a new challenge? might as well see what these folks were capable of.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder threw the pellet at the red light coming toward her and escaped throw the stone into the cave were the rest were finishing off the undead. The strange light disappeared deep ito the wall of the cave it a flash Cinder managed to move protect herself but it was still lingering in the distance at the moment.
" I am going to Zerae " she called out to Adain as she speed down the cave toward Zarea.
She found her friend resting on the cave floor, she cringed at the spider that was crawling toward her.
" ah hmm Zerae... would you mind putting your friend in your pocket? Know affence Shadow but ya realy creap me out "
Cinder moved closer to Zerae avoiding eye contact with her pet and placed her hands on Zerae's wounded leg calling apon the spell of healing light, with then other hand she took a clean peice of cloth from her pouch and wiped it clean.
The light emerced the wound and it slowly begain to heal.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

After he regained his wits, Adian looked around to make sure that no other surprises awaited among the ruins of their foes. Fortunately it seemed as though they had finished the job.

"At least twenty," Adian said. "I suspect it's too much to hope that this was the lot of them."

He looked over at Zarae and Cinder. They appeared safe for now and their injuries were healing. Adian had picked up a nick or two here and there, but was otherwise more or less unharmed.

"How's your arm, Veraka?"