Shores of Despare (part 7)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Re: Shores of Despare (part 7)

Post by Biot-Savart »

Nix awoke later the night and couldn't get back to sleep. She decided to go look for something to drink to help her sleep. As she walked past the room where Cinder and Adain was sleeping she that the door was a bit open and that Cinder is awake. She quietly knocked and opened the door a bit. "[color=#400080:3bk06rf2]Vel'bol kluthak ulu tlu pholor dosst shar.... Cinder?[/color:3bk06rf2]" She said. "[color=#4000BF:3bk06rf2]Maybe you want to come with me to get something to help you sleep?[/color:3bk06rf2]"

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded, and grasped Adian's arm; "this way, my young friend; also I don't think my mother would mind your questions. However, it is solely her discretion as to what she does for you." Veraka rounded a corner guiding Adian to his room. When he got there, the aasimar released the young drow from his grip, and let Cinder take care of him. The paladin then turned around, and looking back at his drow friend, walked off towards Neriah and Aurora.
Veraka let out a sigh and paced back to Neriah, sat down next to her, and wrapped an arm around her waist, even though her bat-like wings were folded around her body. The fey'ri cuddled up into her husband's embrace.

Aurora raised her giant furry head and looked into the paladin's eyes; [i:11dtg3mn]you know, you two should do this more often.[/i:11dtg3mn]

"Ohh, and why is that Aurora, hmmm?" Veraka asked, while rocking back and forth with Neriah in his arms.

[i:11dtg3mn]Simple really; I get more belly rubs from Neriah before you get snugly-snuggy with her.[/i:11dtg3mn]

The group of three burst into laughter.

====================

Sanisa stood there, contemplating the possible outcomes of such power being handed over to this wizard; Zyzaat didn't strike her as the kind of magic user who would use her gift for malicious intents, but she'd too many of her kind fall victim to similar instances of feigned benevolence using dark magics. An angel would give a mortal spellcaster a piece of power from their body, which in turn would be turned on the celestial within moments of their gift being handed over. What worried her worse was what was inside her son; it could potentially awaken from such powerful necromancy being used, and if that happened. . . .
Sanisa shuddered at the thought. It also awakened long dormant emotions in her soul; Veraka was her son, and she'd given him something without his knowing. It had torn her apart from the beginning, but she'd known that it had to be done. A single droplet of moisture made its way down her cheek, which she caught in a translucent sphere of magic.

"Don't betray my trust, Zyzaat," she said, extending an open palm towards the wizard, her tear floating in mid-air in her palm.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zyzaat smiled widely, and extended his hand, catching the magical container. A whispered incantation caused the tear to freeze into a small crystal. Zyzaat reached into his desk and pulled out the diamond. He placed the gem on the top of his table, and drew out a jeweled dagger with which he cut the diamond in half, obviously it had been prepared for this ritual. The drow placed the tear in between the two halves and pushed them together. The gem magically sealed once more, and glowing golden runes etched themselves into the hard diamond. They began to pulse with a golden light that came from the crystallized tear in the heart of the diamond. A dark miasma rose around the drow, as it progressed the runes began to glow more brightly. Zyzaat sat down in his chair, looking much more haggard and skeletal than he had been just seconds ago. Raising a hand that shook uncontrollably, Zyzaat cast a cantrip that closed the door into the library. His hand dropped and the dark mist flowed away from the wizard's corpse. It swirled around the gem for a moment and then it plunged into the depths of the diamond.
For several seconds the room was still, only the gem pulsed rapidly. Suddenly, Zyzaat sat up, looking around. His eyes were gone, replaced by small blue flames.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder hearing Nix's voise sat up she looked at Adain and the warm fire moving from that spot would be particulary difficult but she did need to sleep there was a tuff road ahead and morning would come far to soon.

" Yes Nix " Cinder answered
" Thax give me a minite to put something on come in ... please " she wisper.
She found a purple shift slit up each side for easy movement in her bag and buckled on her daggers.
The two young drow wisped silently down the corridor together.
" This place is huge " Cinder said. " perhaps we could take a few moments to expore surely we could not find any trouble in Zyzzat home i am sure it must be well protected " She suggested mischievously with a wrinkled up nose.
Accually Cinder hoped they would not find any trouble, Adain would not appreiate being woke up to have to rescue Cinder having gotten herself into trouble
" humfff !! " Cinder said out loud " what am i thinking I can take care of myself as I have long befor Adain came along " she blurted out for know apparent reason "

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Suru was glad she braced herself as she watched the increasingly facinating ritual.
it was strangely beautiful and frightning at the same time.
Her nose twiched as the door slamed shut and her head snapped in it's diction.
Her brow jotted up and suddenly she was very seriously spooked.
Suru calmed herself and took a deep breath staring at Zyzzat with a blank look.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The pulsing of the runes slowed slightly, however Zyzaat still grew more skeletal with every moment. His skin began to crack and flake off, showing bone. Zyzaat lifted his hand again, and the door opened again. The wizard stood up slowly, his joints creaking a little as the magic moved his limbs. Zyzaat stretched his neck, the vertebrae visibly stretching apart. "Oh, that was fun." He said quietly.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru could not help but bend over in laughter at Zyzaat last remark.
" I found it rather entertaining myself my spooky friend " she anounced composing herself.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cinder found a servant in the hall and got something to help her sleep.
" Nix! " she called out covering her mouth. " I have left Adain and he is blind. " she added

She rushed back to the room quietly opening the door to the room and slipped in. Cinder quitely took off her daggers and sat down by the fire close to Adain and took the herb given to her by the young servent in the hall and layed down beside him.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian murmured something in his sleep but did not wake.

Inside his own mind he dreamed a similar dream to Cinder's...children running about and playing. Until he heard a faint voice from somewhere chuckle.

[i:qoo1a8a4]All the better when it is taken from you...[/i:qoo1a8a4]

What in the Nine Hells did that mean?

His hands flexed in his sleep and he turned on to his back. As soon as he did his dream went back to normal: Home. In the Promenade.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae looked skyward as the clear patch of sky was gone again, the wind picking up slightly more and the air dropping in temperature fast.
"yes, I supose so," she replied off handedly. Pulling the winter cloak around herself again she headed twords the door, pausing to watch the first bits of snow fall before entering.
inside she shook her messy hair then set the thick cloak down onto a chair. by the fire she spotted Veraka, Neriah and Aurora. Zarae smiled as she headed to a couch nearby and sat down to enjoy the warmth of the fire. the rogue looked deep in thought as she watched the flames dance in their spot.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Adain started sturing and mumbling something under his breath as he turned on his back.
" Are you all right Adain " Cinder said. She was glad she can back at that moment.
She held her hands over his eyes singing a healing spell and directing warm rejuvenating light into his eyes.
" How does that feel " she said then leaned over to kiss him softly.
" Were you dreaming " she asked
" I saw the dark maid in a dream this night " Cinder added rapping her arms around him as she spoke.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat smiled, and most of the skin on his face cracked and peeled off, showing the jaw and his teeth, "Yes indeed. On the bright side, it worked. Thank you Sanisa." The skeletal wizard looked at Suru, "If you have a few months to prepare, you too might become an archlich."

Zyeke
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot went through the door after Zarae and closed it. He saw the group sitting around the fire and bid them goodnight. I better find Nix. He thought to himself. Biot walked through the house looking for Nix, he found her in a passage were she was drinking some herbs. "[color=#4000BF:1evu5pxh]I think we better get to bed, as we have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow[/color:1evu5pxh]"

"[color=#400080:1evu5pxh]I found a great room, come with me.[/color:1evu5pxh]" Nix said while taking Biot's hand and leading him down the corridor. "[color=#400080:1evu5pxh]I'll fill up the bath so that we can get clean and that you can feel a bit warmer.[/color:1evu5pxh]"

Nix filled up the bath with nice warm water, the whole room seemed steamy. They took a nice long bath together, dried each other off and went to bed. The day was long and both of them fell asleep almost the same time as there head hit the nice soft pillows..

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Wouldn't we have fun then Mr Zyzaat " Suru replied not able to take her eyes from her newly found friend transforming before her. "How ever i think i would perfur to keep my skin I am quite fond of it. " she added admiring her hands and it's opal toned skin.
" Althow i must admit joking aside the posibilities could be endless " she said quite seriously.
" If only i could set aside my vanity " she could not help but throw that in.
There could even be some truth to that she thought.

" I think Mr Zyzaat you are a man that likes to live on the edge i am not sure i am so brave be sides i am a slave in the care to my esates. " Suru pointed out.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat shrugged, "Not so on the edge. As a wizard I had no means to heal myself, should the need arise. However now, as an undead, there are a wide variety of spells I can use to heal my flesh." As he spoke, the wizard's hands danced through arcane motions, and slowly the skin began to return to his skeletal frame. After a few seconds, the drow was back to his usual self, except that his eyes were blue, instead of red. "Now I can pursue my other goals. However, first..." He turned around, and reached into the closet in the behind his desk, and drew out a pair of swords and fastened them on his belt. Next he took off his robes, and pulled over his head a light shirt of chain mail, made of mithril, and when he fastened the straps, it seemed to fade from view almost completely. Obviosuly, Zyzaat had prepared for this transformation.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

In the morning (Because we should try to wrap this up before we start part 8) Adian approached Sanisa...as soon as he could find her...about help for Cinder. He almost forgot to ask for help for himself until he bumped into one of the columns in Zyzaat's tent.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((OK, I just have one last... thingy to pull :) ))
The next morning saw Zyzaat still sitting in his library. The illusion had been dropped, and the wizard sat motionless, obviously concentrating hard on something. The blue flames in his eyes now had marked tints of red. The large diamond that served as his phylactery showed many black streaks in what was once pure gold. Shakily, Zyzaat raised his hand, and activated a magic he had woven at the making of this room, his thoughts were sent to Cinder and Suru, "It seems that the ritual didn't go as well as I had hoped.It seems there are certain... instabilities to sort out. I have already provided a replacement in dealing with your curses. He should be waiting in dining room."

Zyeke