Onix and Lineee; a roleplay

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

Post by LiNeee-niss'xae »

((Lol, now I'm a tree? XD ))

LiNeee stood there and listened to Onix, he needed to get it out, but she was suprised on how much thought he'd actually put into this. Kids, lon-term marriage and others things, the caring of others, and he'd already taken the step of [i:1b0kf923]what-if[/i:1b0kf923] he did something he'd regret. LiNeee laid a hand on his shoulder, the only comfort she gave while he spoke to her, he finished up, and stared off away from her, his voice sounded so broken, it hurt her ears, and moreso her heart, to listen. [i:1b0kf923]"Oh Onix..."[/i:1b0kf923] She said, a faint smile playing at the corner of her lips as she slowly dropped to her knees beside him, her hand squeezing his shoulder, though it did nothing considering the armor there. She slipped sideways off her knees, sitting on her hip, her legs folded beside her, and her left hand bracing the grass to keep her up. Her other hand slid along Onix' shouler until she held his face with it, cupping his cheek almost perfectly.

Her eyes shone as she shook her head, giving him a small smile; [i:1b0kf923]"you are going way too into this, it's not meant to be mapped out and perfectly structured, love is a hardship that most don't make, but those who do... Never regret. I shouldn't have thrown the pillow at you, I know that now, but Onix..."[/i:1b0kf923] LiNeee slid her thumb along his cheek tenderly, [i:1b0kf923]"I [b:1b0kf923]do[/b:1b0kf923] know who and what you are, and that is who I love Onix. If you were anyone but you,"[/i:1b0kf923] her hand slid down his chest until it came to rest over where his heart sat, [i:1b0kf923]"you just wouldn't be you... Don't change for anyone, Onix... I wouldn't want you to be anyone else."[/i:1b0kf923] She let her hand drop, that was around the time a small sparrow landed on her shoulder, its sharp claws digging into her skin uncomforatbly, [i:1b0kf923]"oh hey there little one,"[/i:1b0kf923] she cooed, a giggle tumbling from her as she swept her hair away from that shoulder and over the other.

She turned back to Onix then , [i:1b0kf923]"please don't feel that way Onix... You wouldn't hurt me, and I mean that with sincerity, I know, inside, that you wouldn't hurt me, accidentally or purposefully, I know you would realise it was me... I'm not afraid of you, and I never will be."[/i:1b0kf923] She smiled at him, closing her eyes for a short second before letting them fall open, and there she met his eyes squarly, [i:1b0kf923]"besides!"[/i:1b0kf923] She was smirking; [i:1b0kf923]"I could wrestle you into sanity, I can look after myself."[/i:1b0kf923]
Li Neena~

Aster zhah l''dalharil d''Draeval
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

((Well what else would a bird see the world as? Or would you prefer to be a bush?))

The swallow bobbed its head, as if in reply. It also whistled, trying to copy LiNeee's voice, its head tilted a silver eye looking at her, its manner playful, as if in reply to the sadness it heard in he voice.

[i:16wu92l7]Trees not fight, trees be friends[/i:16wu92l7] it chirped [i:16wu92l7]Trees give me food?[/i:16wu92l7] It began to hop from claw to claw in a playful manner, wings opened.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone's face flushed as his blood seared up into his face; LiNeee's touch evoked such a powerful reaction from him. He found himself looking down, away from the drowess. Still, Onix listened to her words, absorbing each one of them for what it was. Though, something inside him stirred from hearing her words. He felt, somewhat, at peace with LiNeee's words, as well as her hand resting on his cheek.

He said nothing, though he listened; intent on hearing everything she wanted to say; when she let her hand slide down over his heart, he nearly flinched; Everytime someone said something about him being . . . . [b:1xa0psfu]human[/b:1xa0psfu], being [b:1xa0psfu]alive[/b:1xa0psfu] it made him shudder. He knew that LiNeee meant her words with sincerity; it was her hand placed on over his heart that made him worry.

He looked over at her, his face giving a slight smile to her, though sorrow still lingered in his eyes; "LiNeee, even if I knew it was the fact that I choose not to hurt you, if my reflexes are triggered first, I don't know if I could stop myself. It's my body acting before my mind speaks. I just don't know . . . . about any of it."

It was when LiNeee turned back towards him with that grin that he arched a dark brow towards her; "Wrestle me into sanity, huh?" he asked, now getting up from his prone position up to where he was now sitting, one leg extended the other in an arch so he could rest his arm on his knee.

"And what makes you think you can take me down, hmm; this is assuming I'm [b:1xa0psfu]out[/b:1xa0psfu] of my armor, letting it 'air out' as that old nut-case, Beznik, recommended. What say you, LiNeee, think you could handle yourself with me pitted against you?" he asked with a cocky smile and a raised brow.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: :uh-huh: Wow, I missed a LOT. Okay, here we go....

IC: The gnome listened to the three prattle on as they neared the drow's home, chuckling to himself at LiNeee's indignation regarding what lasses were for, and the giving a hoot at Onix's rash act of kissing her. "Atta boy!" he cackled, looking like a diminutive madman. Finally, when they reached the tree, he hopped down from his perch- nearly planting his face in the dirt in the process- and then unhitched the pony from the cart to let it graze, while tying its reins to the spot Zyeke had indicated.

After several minutes, and the two had gone off somewhere, pulled his pack from the cart. He sat down on a small stone, pulling out a large tome from the pack, along with a quill and a small jar of ink. He began to take notes on the various plants in the clearing, making a few sketches, and even scribbling what appeared to be formulae of some sort.

After some time at this, he finally closed the book, then pulled out a second one- this one obviously a spellbook. He dug in a small pouch from one of his many apron pockets, and released a pinch of sulfur in the air as he incanted a few words- and suddenly, a small flame was dancing in his palm. He stared at it almost dreamily for a long time, muttering a brief spell that soon had it moving about as if on its own.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

OOC: You know, a bush sounds great! And welcome back Ayl. :P

[i:yafbofxo][color=green:yafbofxo]It was when LiNeee turned back towards him with that grin that he arched a dark brow towards her; "Wrestle me into sanity, huh?" he asked, now getting up from his prone position up to where he was now sitting, one leg extended the other in an arch so he could rest his arm on his knee.

"And what makes you think you can take me down, hmm; this is assuming I'm out of my armor, letting it 'air out' as that old nut-case, Beznik, recommended. What say you, LiNeee, think you could handle yourself with me pitted against you?" he asked with a cocky smile and a raised brow. [/i:yafbofxo][/color:yafbofxo]

LiNeee knew he was still a little unsure, but at least he'd loosened up a little, she gave him the grin of a life time and rolled back up onto her knees, turning her head to blow at the bird, hoping it would fly away, [i:yafbofxo]"well, let's test it?"[/i:yafbofxo] She placed both her hands on his shoulders and got up, offering her hands afterwards to help his big form up, [i:yafbofxo]"I'll prove it right now, unless you're scared of course!"[/i:yafbofxo] She cried, giggling at him.

[i:yafbofxo]"Besides, I have been in desperate need to see you 'air' that suit out, soldier, what better time than a perfect night."[/i:yafbofxo] Her eyes sparkled, how she loved being in his presence.
Last edited by LiNeee-niss'xae on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Neena~

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Funny, I wasn't aware I'd left- just had a lot to do over the past 24 hrs. Oh, and feel free to call me Duckie, too.

IC: The gnome cocked his head and raised one bushy gray brow at the sound of two voices for far away in the clearing, and giggling. "Humph. Durned knife-ears, makin' so much hulla-ballo a fella can't think. Ye's think they were th' first ones ta e'er do that sorta thing...." He mutters to himself, letting the small flame crawl up his arm to sit atop his head. It sways back and forth, as if moving to some song no one can hear. Then he pulls out a small round object from another pocket, and taps it. It uncurls from a silvery ball into the shape of a ferret, though it is strangely made of metal. It scampers up to his shoulder to watch the small fire dance, and makes a soft squeaking sound.

<Playing with fire again? You know it always gets you into trouble. That's what got you booted from the last three cities!>

"Pipe down, Chamo. This li'l thing ain't enough ta hurt nuthin'. I'd stamp it out in a jiffy if'n it strays."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Sigh, never again shall I presume to have a grasp upon the mind of a woman...))

Ruffling its feathers the swallow flew off, chirping angrily. It made a beeline for where Zyeke was meditating, and kept chriping and pecking until the monk was out of his Reverie.

With a sigh Zyeke decided that it would be impossible to meditate while the swallow as like this. It dove down towards Li'Neee and Onix and Zyeke jumped off the tree after it, expertly using the branches to slow his fall. He slowly walked over to where the duo stood. He just managed to catch the end of Li'Neee's comment about wrestling, and put on a burst of speed, covering the two dozen feet between them in the blink of an astonished bird's eye.

Placing a hand on each of their shoulders, Zyeke firmly said,

[color=blue:e8qjj51k]"If you two wish to wrestle I would ask that you do it in a different place. I ask for two reasons, one this ground is sacred to Eilistraee, and if you will cause a disturbance on it, as its guardian I am sworn to fight you. The second reason is that my own well being is tied directly to this grove. If any major harm comes to it, there is a good chance of my own dieing. If you step beyond the bounds of this grove you are free to do as you please."[/color:e8qjj51k] He stepped back, hands clasped behind his back. His eyes took on the golden hue once more, as he activated his ability of true sight.

He glanced at the flame the gnome lit, but it seemed harmless enough, so Zyeke dissmissed it for the time being.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix took LiNeee's offered hands, and hoisted himself up, using mostly his own strength in his legs as to not pull the little drowess down.

[color=indigo:2h3uv19o]"I'll prove it right now, unless you're scared of course!"[/color:2h3uv19o]

The clone turned about and glared at LiNeee; "Is that a challenge?" he retorted, putting on his own crude smirk; "because I [b:2h3uv19o]won't[/b:2h3uv19o] take it easy on you, female or not."

Hearing her next words, the clone merely shook his head, however, it probably couldn't hurt; besides, he had wanted to test his mettle against one of the natives without his armor for a while now.

The clone was about to retort to the drowess when he felt a firm hand come down upon his shoulder; in an instant, he whirled around, his own hand coming to latch onto the wrist of Zyeke with a iron grip, whilst his free arm came around for a palm strike, aimed at the throat.

However, once he saw Zyeke's face, the clone stopped immediately, damn near flinching as he released the monk's hand from his own hand-lock.

"Forgive me, my friend," was all the clone said to the drow monk, and then nodded; "and of course; if this patch of soil is linked to your well-being, I will remove myself from it immediately." With that said, he turned about in a trained manner, and in a well-marching fashion, walked off of the grove, and around Zyeke's home, somewhere out into the forest. Onix then spotted Beznik, and waved to him.

The old fart [b:2h3uv19o]had[/b:2h3uv19o] assisted Onix in producing his own repeating crossbow, and primitive rail-gun. The clone had even shown the old gnome a few tricks using simple magnetic fields to assist in the acceleration of a crossbow bolt.

When he was clear of Zyeke's home, and a tad out of range of the old gnome, the clone then began to unseal his armor. He started with the simple plates that were around his arms, shoulders, and legs. Then he slid off his mail chest piece, making sure to keep it seperated from his OMNI armor.
It was then that Onix said a phrase in a dialect that none around him would recognize, and then traced an outline around his OMNI armor, starting with his left forearm. The piece of muscle-shaped armor stiffened, engaging is armor mode, and allowed Onix to remove it, as its nano-bonds untied themselves. The clone pulled his forearm piece of OMNI armor, revealing a pale skinned, but very well muscled forearm beneath the armor.
The clone continued to unsheathe himself from his OMNI armor shell, removing it piece by piece, and revealing a well-toned, muscle-tensed, battle-scarred body.

His skin tone may have been near white as snow, but his muscles were honed to near perfection, each of them a group of powered strength.
Onix had a gladiator-like build over the length of his body, but one in which most of the male populace on Toril would kill over, save the monks of Faerun, especially a drow male, given the clone's huge stature. Only a pair of light, black-colored under-armor shorts, which clung to his skin that was underneath his suit. The clone, quite literally, wore his armor as a second skin.

The clone, looked around, letting the cool air take rush around his now bare body; it was almost like opening a new door for the clone. He then caught wind of LiNeee staring him down; the clone turned and locked gazes with her, wondering what she thought of him at all.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
LiNeee-niss'xae
Maid
Maid

(( *Wolf whistle*! ;) Nice buns. ))

LiNeee inclined her head to Zyeke, tilting her head at his strong voice, though she nodded not wanting to disrespect sacred land. [i:1i11fxqo]"As you wish,"[/i:1i11fxqo] she said, trying to ignore the reaction Onix gave, but like she'd thought- after he knew who it was, his aggression stopped, he could learn to control it. Just maybe. She followed him off the abodes land, Zyekes land, would he actually attack one of them if they mucked around on it? LiNeee couldn't imagine going up against Zyeke, though the little drowess could hold her own, or so she had since she was born. She gave the gnome a subtle grin, [i:1i11fxqo]"ooh fire,"[/i:1i11fxqo] she taunted, tossing her hair back over her shoulder, the fire caught in her irises, making them dance. She then turned around towards where Onix was- now without his outer 'case.'

LiNeee froze, her jaw actually dropping and her eyes wider than ever. [i:1i11fxqo]"Oh my..."[/i:1i11fxqo] She mouthed, scanning his body with curious eyes, she wanted to touch it, run a finger along the smooth skin- to feel the small scars under her finger tips. She shivered and followed her eyes up his chest until they settled on his eyes, she wouldn't be suprised if she'd actually taken on a glow, or a redish tinge, she was so hot and clammy, feeling like she might explode- in [i:1i11fxqo]any[/i:1i11fxqo] region. [i:1i11fxqo]"Onix... Y-you're... Beautiful!"[/i:1i11fxqo] She gasped, taking a clumsy step forwards and towards him, she was about a metre from him, close enough to lean forwards and touch, but it was so perfect, she was scared it'd disappear if she felt it. Instead, she looked him in the eyes and smiled, a soft and shy smile, but authentic all the same.

[i:1i11fxqo]"My... How am I suppose to fight with that.. I think I'd pass out just by touching you..."[/i:1i11fxqo] She was meant to think that, but she said it outloud, all her senses were telling her to grab, to feel, to rub... To make him belong on this world the best way she knew how. Well technically she had no idea what the hell she was doing, she'd never gone to that extreme with a male, not even of her species. She'd vanished from the clutches of her Matron mother at an early stage, and was brought up by Bella. It was a totally different environment there, but she still had those Drow dominations... She still had the need... [i:1i11fxqo]"I think I love you,"[/i:1i11fxqo] she whispered to Onix.
Li Neena~

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke walked with the two of them to the edge of his grove, and when they were out of sight in the forest, he shook his head. He was highly doubtful that any real fighting would have taken place, but this grove was too precious a thing for him to risk.

Zyeke narrowed his eyes, looking in the direction Onix had gone. The huge man's armor was unlike any Zyeke had seen in his 600 odd years of life. The fact the armor seemed to not have any enchantments woven into its structure was even more puzzling to the drow. Scratching the patch of hair on the back of his head, Zyeke went to look for the gnome.

Seeing that the alchemist was reading some tome, Zyeke picked up a twig, and with a snap of his fingers, farie fire lit up the end. Passing that to the gnome he said,

[color=blue:8ndbfipr]"I would prefer that you use this to read, the flames do not actually burn."[/color:8ndbfipr] He sat down, crossing his legs, [color=blue:8ndbfipr]"You seem to know those two. The huge man, his armor confuses me, I have never seen anything like it. Where is he from?"[/color:8ndbfipr]

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Looking up at the comment from the drow, the little old mage blinks from behind his spectacles. "Heh? Oh, this. The flame ain't fer readin', it's just fer playin' with. An old habit o' mine. Been studyin' fire an' such near all my life. Ye' might say it's part o' me. I'm a member o' th' Brotherhood o' th' Burnin' Heart. Fire's me' specialty, ye' see."

He holds up his hand, and the tiny flame jumps from his head to it, before he blows it out as if it never existed. "Eh, it's not near as interestin' as some o' th' OTHER tricks I could show ye'!" He chuckles. "That there tame illusion fire is alright fer impressin' folk what don't know nuthin' bout magic, but I can make fire do things you ain't ne'er seen."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke smiled

[color=blue:37ao4j1w]"It would be an honor to see you in action then."[/color:37ao4j1w] Zyeke cupped his chin with a hand in a thoughtful manner, [color=blue:37ao4j1w]"However, back to the subject of that man's armor, do you know anything of it?[/color:37ao4j1w]

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He shrugs, as the small metallic ferret curls up to sleep around his neck. "He came with it, I think. From whate'er world it is his folk're from. All I know is he's a clone of some sort, an' th' armor is some sort o' tech stuff- a bit lik me' friend here." He pats the ferret lightly, which raises its head briefly, appearing to sniff and yawn before closing its eyes again.

"He ain't from 'round here," says the gnome, glancing toward where the other two disappeared to. "An' by 'here' I mean this world. That bard fella I mentioned would know more'n me- he was on that lad's star ship fer a bit. But I did git a bit o' look at that armor, an' it's more s'phisticated than anythin' I could make."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyeke stood up.

[color=blue:1z3beezh]"This bard keeps coming up... Any way to reach him? In any case, I would enjoy the company of another follower of the Dancing Maiden."[/color:1z3beezh] He chuckled, [color=blue:1z3beezh]"I can only hope he is less violent than those two."[/color:1z3beezh] Zyeke nodded in the direction Onix and Li'Neee went off.

He scratched the back of his head, obviously not understanding half of what the gnome said. The words clone and starship made no sense to the monk, among others.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: LOL! Seems He's got you curious, eh, Zyeke?

IC: The gnome closes the book and chuckles, one bushy brow raised. "That d'pends on yer def'nit'n o' 'violent'. Lad's a whirlwind o' blades, when he's d'fend'n decent folk. That boy o'er there is prob'ly more 'violent', but there ain't much difference a'tween th' two in a battle. And sure- ye' might could meet 'im. Kossuth knows he shows up in the darnedest of places!" He shakes his head, causing the silvery ferret to jerk its head up again, and squeak at him, before climbing down his arm to his lap.

"Dunno where he'd be now- maybe 'round Lothen with that dragon-elf lass he got hitched to. Now THERE's an odd pair if'n e'er I did see one!" He hoots, nearly falling back as he laughs. "Got themselves a pair o' littl'uns, too. 'N that big stuffy knight brother-in-law. Onix there's met 'em. Anyhow, no tellin' where he'll show up, if'n he's out doin' some hero-type stuff fer folk. First met 'im in Skullport. I sort o' blew up me shop there, 'n had ta beat it cause th' Skulls weren't none too happy 'bout th' half-block that went with it. Saw 'im in Waterdeep, too, an' had ta' leave that city too. Met 'im in Candlekeep, and later in Menzoberranzan. I used ta run a nice trade there, but, er, one o' my crates o' egg bombs smashed, and th' stink didn't go 'way fer weeks. They darn near chased me out."