The Lizard rider

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

The Lizard rider

Post by Bhaern Quel »

A painting: A House in flames in the background, cross bolts flying at a Lizard Rider that at returns fire. The picture shows a noble face.

The tunnels reached and the Lizard falls to the ground dead. The bolts that missed him, clearly many of them hit the Lizard. With one charge in his head "You are the last of the House, if you live the House lives", another charge in his heart "My family will be avenged."
Safe for now from the raiders, takes stock of what House Quel has left, a clock, drow chain, a sword, a dagger, a hand crossbow with a few bolts left and one dead Riding Lizard. Shakes head and speaks to himself. "There is not much left of House Quel right now." With what the House currently has it makes only sense to stay to the tunnels and perhaps work to the surface where the sun is. Eilistraee was always honored in his House, which might have been one reason for the attack. For now there is only one thing to do travel deeper into the tunnels, find food and safe place to rest. Starts into the tunnels wondering what will next occur.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Re: The Lizard rider

Post by Millek »

Never did quite escape, rare few ever do escape their predicaments where Halaster is involved. One such soul lurks in the Underdark caves and caverns, ever since that mad rhyming wizard had stuck him down there. Sariss, unique member of his clan, unique only in that he has both lizard"folk, and dragon parents, is drawn by the commotion in the tunnels, and what he had come to consider his tunnels. No Drow eyes would see the approach of this lurking figure, in goo lighting or none at all.No body heat of his own, and a chameleon skin ability aside from only a small selection of leather belts,in good lighting he could be easily mistaken at a glance as part of the cave. Detection is granted, only as he speaks up from ehin the fallen lizard mount, [i:1rt58v7p]"How fortunate for you, warmblood, I have no quarrel with you, else House Quel would have died completely a few seconds ago."[/i:1rt58v7p]
Character 1: Viletooth of the Poison Dusk Lizardfolk: Sariss
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Character 2: Assassin Khajiit: Rahj
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Sariss as you speak eyes turn to you, hand on hilt of sword, the hand bow in other hand. Not much to see, however fighting with eyes closed is one of the skills mastered. "Well met, an abbil would welcome. Enough war on House Quel this day. Or even one that stays apart from my battle. I am Bhaern, of House Quel. I would seek to pass here in peace. There is food needed to be found, shelter to be secured."
Lowers the cross bow and removes hand from hilt of his sword.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Lizardman moves apart from the wall, his shape growing visible outlined by ambient body heat left on the dead lizard mount from its recently dismounted rider, and checking over it, pulling bolts out, and keeping those that aren't broken, [i:2ckyyip5]"Pass peacefully if you wish, but if you are hunted, your chances of surviving in the wilds alone, are poor. If you have something to carry food in, hand it here."[/i:2ckyyip5]
While awaiting the Drow to either move on or pass him a bag, Sariss whispers,[i:2ckyyip5] "Onelka ve thurirl."[/i:2ckyyip5] then begins with a hunting knife, cutting into the dead mount, and harvesting portions of meat from it. The portions cut out, he first wraps in cloth and places in his own pack, [i:2ckyyip5]"Against better judgment, I will help you, Dark Elf. When power you have once more, you may repay me, by helping me return to the surface, not that I would expect your kind to have such sense of honor."[/i:2ckyyip5]
(Viletooh is a Black Dragon/Lizardfolk hybrid. Template is found in Dragon Magic handbook for D&D 3.5)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Sariss watches you, the shadow shown of you by the fading heat of his lizard. The taking of the bolts was clearly part of what he would have done if left alone, as is cutting off the meat.
"Xas, I am hunted, if they know I am still living. Surviving is my duty to the House, I will survive or die trying."
Smiles briefly though the smile a little bitter. Something to carry food in? Takes off his cloak.
" I was ill prepared for this travel this day. At best a bag can be made of this. There might also be something with the saddle of my valiant steed."
The Dragon words not understood. Considers the offer, however any offer of less then combat is welcomed right now.
"House Quel has always kept its pledges, if your price is to go to the surface, that is where I intend to go. If I need power before you wish the trip I call not tell you when I can meet a pledge."
Considers as if a few others of the House, the servants survived, if the all store houses not discovered. This new friend clearly is hard to see and the rebuilding of the House might go quicker with more equipment.
"There might be some things we will both could use in the city, after the fire dies. If they are not hunting me still"

Edit: A few more words, hopefully clearer as well with the breaks.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

Sariss considers the cloak, then removes some gear from his pack, and wraps that in the cloak, then puts more meat in his pack, since it is leather, and less likely to leak odors of the raw meat. The saddle, not likely equipped with saddle-bags, on short notice, he instead cuts away some of the more supple leather from the saddle itself, [i:19hl4r08]"If for the surface you are bound, best they believe you dead, as long as possible. Away from here we will go, to my camp, gather supplies, then go to trade with others who are not friends of your city. We are not prepared to enter your city if you are recognized, and we are not bound for your city unless you go to present yourself as the survivor of the attack. Any questions?"[/i:19hl4r08] Very assertive for a 3' 2" lizard, but he seems to know what he's doing. The cloak is handed back, carrying a kit in a padded wooden case, and bedroll, "Come, if they are thorough and discover your mount missing, it will not be safe to linger here long. My tracks leave no heat, yours do."

The lizard slings his pack over his back, and slips onto his finger a cheap magic ring, that on command begins shedding red illumination out to 20 feet. While it may be a source of light, it is hardly offensive to Dark Vision, [i:19hl4r08]"So you can see me."[/i:19hl4r08] And then... well he begins leading the way away from the city, into the wilds, hoping to return to his camp without any troubles.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Sariss

"It is likely they believe I am dead in the fire. The shots sent after me was not for a Noble, they likely believed me one of the House warriors." sighs
"If they knew I was of the blood, they would be here now."

Watches your activities, including bundling things into the cloak. Considers your further words.
"While there might be some stores to be recovered, it indeed is high hazard to be seen and known at this time. For now I indeed will work with you to rebuild my House. My pledge to bring you to the surface when I have enough power, I give you."

Takes the cloak with the bundled items.

Heat is always a trace, though one that can fade soon. Nods in agreement and notices the ring that makes it easier to follow you.
"Xas, let us be away from here?"

Follows where you lead.