The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Re: The Dark Moon - Luskan Manor

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder emmediately spoke out the words to rise a dimensional block around the portal as her hand flew up in a swirl
>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dimensionalLock.htm and the green lights surounded it blocking Zyzzat from leaving.

Suru called upon the Ray of Exhaustion and directed it at Zyzzat's body
>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/rayOfExhaustion.htm
Then she probed for Zyzzat's mind trying to astablish a link with him " Zyzzat can you hear me? " she wispered.
>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telepathicBond.htm
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Bryzyne was not the only spellcaster in the group; Neriah, a sorceress for more than three centuries, wove her hands through the correct patterns, shouted the command words for her first chosen spell, and cast [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/timeStop.htm:37xqx9yy]Time Stop[/url:37xqx9yy] upon herself. Everyone around her slowed to barely a crawl; from there she proceeded to cast [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm:37xqx9yy]Teleport[/url:37xqx9yy], and jumped the distance between her and the mirror that Zyzzat was intent on going through to escape.
Arriving at the mirror, the fey'ri turned to face a time-frozen lich, and smiled, showing her fangs; "hello Zyzzat; long time, no see." With that said, Neriah then, in her remaining time for [i:37xqx9yy]Time Stop[/i:37xqx9yy], proceeded to cast [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesD ... m:37xqx9yy]Mage's Disjunction[/url:37xqx9yy] upon the area around in which the mirror stood. By the time her spell exploded outward in it's burst, she was already readying her retreating [i:37xqx9yy]Teleport[/i:37xqx9yy] spell. By this time, Neriah's [i:37xqx9yy]Time Stop[/i:37xqx9yy] had worn off.

============================

Despite hammering at Zyzaat with reckless abandon, Veraka soon found himself becoming winded by that damnable fog. However, the huge paladin was far from done; growling with frustration, the aasimar again raised his blade, and hurled himself at Zyzaat, through the wall of flames and all the hell that went along with it. As Veraka passed through the Wall of Fire, his platinum armor glowed radiant silver for a second as his [i:37xqx9yy]Blessing of Bahamut[/i:37xqx9yy] deflected the worst of the damage from the heat; Veraka grunted as his barbarian upbringing kicked in from the depths of his memory, allowing his body to withstand the trauma that the heat inflicted upon his flesh, pain and all. With Adian he charged, two paladins surging forward, Marala Vharc crackling in Veraka's grip, thrusting for Zyzaat. When he got within three strides of the lich, the aasimar leaps into the air, bringing his sword down and around his shoulder with both hands. (Spring Attack)
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

As first Bryzyne, and then Neriah, summoned the energies for their spells of antimagic... but as they spoke the final words, nothing happened. It seemed as though Zyzaat had blocked the casting of certain spells within the confines of his home. Another sardonic smile spread across his lips just as the time stop spell took effect, it appeared that wasn't a spell that Zyzaat forbade. Since Neriah was the only one not affected by the time stop she was able to see the truth beneath Zyzaat's, or rather the person who was controlling him, illusion. The person who the group was combating wasn't even the skeletal figure they had seen at the beginning. Instead Neriah saw a little child, a small human girl, with wiry blonde hair. As soon as her time stop ended the image of Zyzaat was back in place. As soon as the time stop ended, the lich raised his hand, and cast a quick spell as soon as he noticed that the huge Veraka was charging him. Suddenly, all the metal on Veraka's body began to glow red hot. Likewise on Adian, and in fact every piece of metal on everyone began to heat up, to an excruciating degree. But the lich either didn't notice, or wasn't aware of the significance of the left hand that Adian was reaching in his direction, and made no move to go against it.
As Cinder's telepathic bond spell came into effect she felt a faint reply. There were no words transmitted across, but only a feeling of fear and confusion... very much like a child, alone in the dark.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stumbled in terrible pain, but he continued on, reaching for Zyzaat with the scar of his goddess's symbol on his hand. When he connected he invoked his goddess through his pain.

"Lady of the Dance, free this soul from the shadow that falls over it and give them comfort,
Give your light to the true heart of this one and expel the darkness than poisons it.
Let your song ring through their mind and heart and bring them back to themselves!
In your holy name, I command: [i:2qand48y]Sei'lor mina duul'sso![/i:2qand48y]"

Moments later the agony of the heated metal became too much. He fell to the ground with a scream, clawing at his armor for a moment before speaking the command word that released it from his body. The heated armor fell to the ground behind him leaving Adian in the scorched undercoat and smoking padding.

Vulnerable. For the sake of his friend. If his life was to end here, then it would be in the act of doing the right thing.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was able to removed her medal shoulder, arm braces and a breast place quickly and fell on her knees at Adains side.
Her hands moved gracefully throw the air as she called upon the Holy Aura that in seconds an aura was around Adain and herself, her hands then moved over him as she conjured healing light channeling the gentle soothing light to his body as it combined with her deep love for him his body was emerced in her love and the healing light that came throw her.
" Adain " she wispered to him " focus on my song, stay with us don't drift away from me " she started to sing a comforting melody loud enough that he could hear her clearly.

Suru was standing across the room from Zyzzat she had seen the small child within him for an instant.
She looked deep into the mage asking to herself who it was she saw casting a divination she concentrated hoping some kind of true vision would come to her.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zyzaat screamed in pain as Adian's exorcism took effect. The face of the lich warped between the drow everyone knew and the dark haired man, all the while screaming in agony. Violent convulsions took hold of the drow mage, and he thrashed wildly. Just as suddenly as it started, the person they were combating fell to the ground, limp. The illusion spell was broken, and the body of a child lay on the ground, signs of decomposition, as if the little child had been dead for a while. Suddenly the link Suru had established shattered, leaving her dazed for a moment.

As the dust of the battle settled Cinder saw something out of the corner of her eye. As she turned, she suddenly saw Zyzaat standing there. Judging by how the mist passed through him it was quite obvious that the drow was not actually there. He stood hunched over, as if weary, and his voice was weak, "I am so sorry... you all have done me great good. Go up the stairs, destroy me. I can't hold out for long, he is coming back."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Suru reached for her small crystal cone from around her neck and a small key that hung from her belt and quickly cast a cone of cold spell >> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/coneOfCold.htm

Then she disappeared racing up the stairs, as soon as she was out of the dementional lock she transported to were Zyzzat stood on the upper level of his tower. " We will do no such thing Mr Zyzzat." she said as she sat in a comfortable chair at the top of the stairs. " just what have you gone and gotten yourself into Zyzzat, you have a seriously twisted mind, i am not even going to try and understand why you do the things you do. But do I trust you? that is the question i must ask my self " she said as she summond a goblet of wine and sipped on it.
" You are entertaining i will give you that, but your playing has gotten a bit out of hand don't you think. " Suru said as she touching the dimond on her ring, she reached for the dimond dust in her pouch then cast a protection spell around herself.
>> http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/protec ... Spells.htm
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Hang on...a little longer," Adian said, gluping in air as Cinder's healing touch eased his burns. "We're coming."

He touched the body of the child for a brief moment, the only gesture he had time to spare.

"Rest," he said.

He scooped up his bastard sword, considering his armor...and discarding the idea. The metal was still unthinkably too hot to wear. He'd have to face Zyzaat and the the one possessing him without it.

He rushed for the staircase, determined to come to the aid of his friend...and reminding himself that what he had feared was looking more and more necessary all the time. The priority was the cursed book...even Zyzaat's life was overshadowed by the threat it represented.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As the group began to warily filter into the room that was at the top of the stairs they were greeted with a strange sight: their friend hung just above the air. The room was lavishly furnished, and glowing orbs of light and a roaring fireplace provided more than ample light. The deadly necrotic fog did not extend past the threshold of Zyzaat's laboratory. Several man sized coocoons hung from the ceiling, well out of even Veraka's reach.

The body of the lich was bound with spectral chains that were thrumming with magic, but otherwise there were no signs of enchantments or illusions around the lich, this was the real Zyzaat. Dust settled from the ceiling where the chains were anchored, it seemed as if the wizard had just cast the spell recently. His body hung limp, those chains were doing something to paralyze the undead wizard.

However, as the band of saviors... Or perhaps killers? began to make thier way up the stairs and into the room, Zyzaat's head rose weakly, rolling from side to side, "Ah, my friends... You have come. Truly, I have never been happier to see you all. Quickly now, while my spell holds, destroy my phylactery... You managed to push his spirit out, but i feel his corruption drawing ever closer..." He groaned and fell limp once more, "Hurry, I cannot keep control of my mind for much longer. HURRY!!!"

Just behind Zyzaat was a table, cluttered to almost Veraka's height with various scrolls, tomes and magical ingredients. On the far wall of the room stood a huge bookshelf, filled with various jars of preserving fluids, each housing either limbs of various races, or even whole specimens inside. On a shelf near the middle, lay a large gem, nearly the size of Zyzaat's fist. The gem was criss-crossed with a spiderweb of cracks and deeply furrowed with chips and scores in it's surface, but it was obviously the phylactery that Zyzaat made with the help of Veraka's solar mother, oh so very long ago. No enchantments surrounded the gem, the wizard must have taken them down for his friends.

Zyeke
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder followed close behind Adain grasping on to the key on the chain that hung from her belt, as well as the tiny relic on the chain around her neck, as she did so she once agin cast a holy Aura. She exstended it as much as she could so that any one around could obtain the protection of the Aura.

Suru sat camposed in the chair her hand on her key, in her other hand her staff, she thrusted it out pointing in the direction of the phylactery and in seconds the gem was broken. " There you are my friend, if there is any thing else i can do you need only ask. Please, just don't make me regret trusting you. " Suru sighed.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian approached the paralized mage, his experssion one of deep pain. He quickly invoked a [i:3iyk3aw7]protection from evil[/i:3iyk3aw7] spell around Zyzaat to try to give him more ability to resist. He was thinking frantically to find something...some way to save his life and defeat his enemy. But he was a warrior, not a priest. He didn't have the wisdom or knowledge sufficient to do so.

"Is there nothing that we can do to save you?" Adian asked as he approached the lich...though he stayed outside his own protective ward in case the entity tried to somehow possess [i:3iyk3aw7]him[/i:3iyk3aw7]. "At all?"

He saw Suru casting at the phylactary. They had seconds. Barely time to say goodbye.

"May the Lady see you on your way," he said quickly. "And may the gods grant you their greatest mercies upon you. I will not forget you, my friend."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As Zyzaat's phylactery shattered the drow uttered an unearthly wail, screaming as if his very soul was being torn apart... which it was. The wizard thrashed against his chains, and the terribly scream continued as his body began to fall apart... even after his jaw hit the floor and shattered into flecks of bone. It was soon joined by the rest of the skeleton, and within seconds the chains hung empty, Zyzaat was no more than a pile of bone-dust on the floor. A light fog floated above the remains of the phylactery, but after a moment it dissipated, along with the ghostly chains.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian fell to his knees, looking grey. Goddess but Zyzaat had suffered in his last moments. It wasn't right.

[i:3lmwh8f4]"Send this soul to Eilistraee's hands,
Let them dance up the beams of the moon
to breathe free among the stars
and the lands beyond.

Send this soul to the Dark Maiden's breast
where the heart of the goddess can lighten their pain.
Let them follow her song into final rest
and dwell in peace with their last tasks done."[/i:3lmwh8f4]

There were tears in his eyes and he tried to wipe them away, but more kept coming. Dust...that was all that was left of him.

"Find the book," he said to the others, not moving from his spot near Zyzaat's remains. "Or his pain was for nothing."

And when this was over he was going to do everything he could to find out Zyzaat's soul's final fate. And alter it for the better if he could. He owed him that much at least.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Just as soon as Adian finished speaking, one of the overhead cocoons suddenly burst open. A vaguely humanoid shape fell to the ground amidst a torrent of some thick fluid. The body was wrapped, as if a mummy, but the chest rose and fell steadily, the rythm of breath. No other cocoons burst, and the fluid quickly evaporated. The thing that came from within the cocoon suddenly gasped, sitting up suddenly, and tearing apart the bindings around its arms. One hand rose shakily, and slowly began to unwind the wrappings around the head... revealing stark white hair, still sleek from whatever the fluid was. As the bindings fell away from the head it became appearant that the general features of this... abomination were human, but certain aspects screamed magical interferance. The eyes were larger than a normal human's, and were a solid violet, with no pupils. The brain was also larger, and the back of this thing's head protruded further than an average human's, but it wasnt as noticeable due to the hair. The mouth was slightly wider than an average human's... Or perhaps that was merely a trick of the light...

The skin tone of this thing was also much darker than any human's closer to a drow's ebony. Apart from the head, it had a basic humanoid shape, four limbs and five digits on the hands. The creature didn't unwind any more of it's wrappings, letting them hand loosely around his, for it looked male- in the sense that the creature lacked any breasts- neck. He stood, and swiveled his head around, with an audible cracking of the bones.

He looked around slowly, and although it was impossible to tell at whom exactly he was looking, everyone got the sense they had been seen, and when he faced Adian he softly spoke, "This is impossible... You all cannot be dead... I chained myself, so that I could not hurt you... Or was that what he wanted me to think? Are you even here? Am I still trapped within him? It wouldn't be the first time... No, my friends will stop him, will stop me. I cannot fight myself though... I cannot remember any spells... How am I to fight without my magic? He made me cast it though, help will not come in time... It is already too late." It was obvious that Zyzaat had somehow managed to put his mind... or what was left of it, into this body.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared at the Zyzaat...thing. How could he have done...[i:2p38pyf5]this[/i:2p38pyf5] to himself?

"What...what do you mean too late?" Adian said. "Where is the book?"

Goddess...what a nightmare. How far could this go?