The song of and for the sea...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lashteara'Lay
Maid
Maid

The song of and for the sea...

Post by Lashteara'Lay »

A warm wind blows across from the east. Along with it traveling, as though birthed from the edge of the waters, was a soft melody, played for and of the wind as the two joined and danced in gentle harmony.
Peace and tranquility.
These were the spawn of sea-breeze and song's intercourse.
However the creator of the later contrasted with the soft brush of the white sea foam drifting at the edge of the shore, molding with the rocky bed to one side of an expanse of golden sand.

Black toes flicked at the layer of foam about the natural seat made in this jutting rocky break in the horizon, and seated in the crevices was a dark form, bathing in the setting sun's golden light. Her form lithe and slender, gently curving and blacker than the darkest velvet night. She was swathed in lightly flowing gay clothes, pale in color to contrast with the dark richness of her flesh. The cloth was sent into motion-- by the music or wind it can't be said; dancing about in time with the wind as slender fingers held upright a long silver flute, playing the notes as a fine features curved in a gently concentrating expression-- eyes closed and bright white eyelashes tickling where they met.
Her hair was pulled back with a silver chord which matched the bangles and other jewels which she adorned herself, and a long white braid was pulled over her shoulder and fell down her front-- between her breasts to tickle at her bare black stomach as she played.

Beside the stone lay a pack and an abandoned bow and quiver of arrows as well as a second instrument-- a small stringed thing. One might consider also the neatly piled dark armor and long sheathed blade, propped against the stone's edge, to be a sign of her foolishness and helplessness, but they would forget the natural skill of the drow and fail to observe the silver dagger, in laid with runes, laying within easy reach on a rock 'shelf' of sorts beside her.

The dark elf was obviously very young by elven standards-- having seen only forty summers and was still therefore very much a child.
But in these years many hardships and trials had befallen her-- many more than the average to be met in the lifetime of an elf. One of which showed itself in a slender scar, lighter in color than the rest of her flesh, that traced up her left side, and others, much more subtle, which only lay in her mind.

Her thoughts mused and melded with her music, a long haunting note traveling into the flute only to slide into a gayer light tune as she rested beside the sea...
Goodness courage, and love is a song.
In my travels I have learned one thing, evil creatures can not sing.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Yes the song is shamelessly stolen from Lord of the Rings. That man Tolkien was a genius!

As the dark elf plays her music she may hear a low, melodious and fruity voice singing from the undergrowth, coming towards her.

"The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can.
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many pathsand errands meet
And wither then? I cannot say."

There is a rustling in the undergrowth on the edge of the shore as someone, or something, tries to push its way through.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Pads though the woods, testing the scent on the air. The sound of flute and voice pricks up ears, for now the hunt forgotten as the trail leads now to the two legger. The seashore prroviding one boundry, the creatures of search not yet in sight.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*From the bushescame a low whistle. It soon grew stronger and gradualy turned into a song. It was a deep voice, somewhat out of tune, and the song sounded pretty much like a miners song.*
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1u5cr4dp]From the air comes the rythmic beating of large wings. A dark figure lands on the tallest rocks facing the seashore. The black figure seems cloaked in shadows as it perches,making no sound it watches the flute player below intently.
Lashteara'Lay
Maid
Maid

Post by Lashteara'Lay »

Mind and spirit focuses on the light tune, the young drow allowed her senses to wander aimlessly about her surroundings, careful to alert her calmed mind of any abnormalities that should occur-- friend or foe, sour wind or otherwise making its entrance.
Softly pursed lips relaxed as she allowed the wind its long final note-- a sharp mellow tone, clear as the crystalline shore and melodious as the sliver winged birds drifting lazily about in the sky saying it’s final farewells to the sun in its descent.

Lashteara’Lay lowered her instrument to her lap, gazing out toward the sea calmly, eyes sharply green for the sun-- the green living with the sun and dying with it as day faded into night.
However the song seemed to carry on even after the resound of the flute ended and she came to recognize another voice or two playing against the winds-- though she could not place such a sweetly flowing voice to any she might know-- and another feeling, brought to her from some unknown sense make her tense her muscles and she perked up, feeling her surroundings intently at this dawning.
Keen drow instinct and intuition taught her this much; be prepared for any circumstance. However she knew not if the presences she felt-- the pair she heard and the one that eluded her and was known to be there through something else-- were friendly or malevolent.

Without a sign of hesitance or over alertness she toyed at the holes and valves on her flute where it rested for a moment before slipping it from her lap; leaning over the edge of the rock to guide the seemingly delicate thing to the golden sands among her other things, the hand bracing her against the side of the rock closed around her silver dagger-- leaving its sheath in the rock crevice should one be foe and observant-- and putting the bladed object among the folds of her dress as a precaution.
She pulled a small talisman from around her neck and leaned far back against her seat-like crevice, seemingly idly toying with the item, though actually using its silvery surface as a mirror to peer about her… spotting a dark figure above and behind her, perched oddly so that she could not place the form to any she recognized…
Last edited by Lashteara'Lay on Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: You sit quietly on the shore then four miscreants all turn up at once! Talk about tranquility. At least only two of us are singing, or at least trying to.

IC: From the undergrowth comes a large man wearing a simple cotton homespun shirt and trousers and walking with a stave of wood. He wanders along to a small inlet on the shore, strips to the waist and proceeds to bathe, singing all the time in his deep, fruity voice. He doesn't seem to notice Lashteara’Lay or the dark shape on the rock. His staff remains leant against a rock within arms reach.
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

When the wind blows past the silent figure, it can be seen that the seeming shadows that surround it are really a very large black cloak, that blows around the figure , rustling in the breeze. But the figure itself, wrapped in its cloak, seems to be entirely obsidian black. The hood of the cloak is drawn up high, completely covering the face of the figure.The figures wings can no longer be seen, covered perhaps by the cloak.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Pads away from the increased sound of noise, deciding there is no goot hunt here.

OOC: The character is gone unless one is a good hunter and wants to hunt character.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

*The miners song soon turned into cursing everything that came to mind. The man slipped on some loose rock and came crashing down, head first in the sand*
- Ye acursed tree-huggin bastards! I'll 'ave yer heads fer this! *several pixies flew away from the tall gras laughing they're hearts out* I'll 'ave yer heads hangin' from me axe! YE HEAR ME?! I'll 'AVE YER HEADS FER THIS!

*The man tok a few deep breaths and was calm...Partially calm. The man was a dwarf, and a dwarf pretty much like any other. Short, grumpy, and carries a keg with him just incase he gets thirsty. A mighty battle axe lay was tightly gripped in his right hand, and a small metal shield in his left. A nack pack was striped to his back with all the neccesary things: a small keg filled with the finest dwarven ale, a pipe, lots of food, a tent and a bedroll were somewhere in there. His facial fetures were like any dwarves. Heavy eyebrows, big nose, and a whole lot of beard. He looked around, trying to determine if anyone saw him. Once satisfied, he smiled to himself.*
It was a good prank none the less... *he said silently. He turned around.*
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: You've come out into the open right?

IC: "Ho there Master Dwarf." The man in the stream calls out, getting out of the water and putting his shirt back on. "Good morn' good sir, might I inquire your name?"
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:hu4tldua]As the dark figure watches the people below from his/her shadowy perch, black hands rise up from the cloak,going to the hood.Those with good hearing can make out the muffled sound of feminine laughter.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Tyrmer":usjcziby]OOC: You've come out into the open right?

IC: "Ho there Master Dwarf." The man in the stream calls out, getting out of the water and putting his shirt back on. "Good morn' good sir, might I inquire your name?"[/quote:usjcziby]

OOC: Yep.

IC: *The dwarf saw the man in the stream, and nodded.* Good morn' to ye as well sir. Ye might inquire me name as long as I may inquire yer name. ME name is Eberk, and I come from the Gorunn clan, not that it means anything to ye. What ye be doin' 'ere if I migh as be so bold as ta' ask?
Lashteara'Lay
Maid
Maid

Post by Lashteara'Lay »

A trained eye kept on the reflection of the dark figure above her (obviously a humanoid figure wreathed in the dark billowing folds of a cloak), Lashteara’lay took note of the appearance of two new figures; one before the other.
A human male who took to cleansing himself in the fresh-water stream that ran into the ocean, apparently the voice she had heard most clearly ringing out through to woods in time with her own music, unskillfully played. So too appeared a gruff bearded dwarf, more and more of whom she has seen since making her appearance upon the surface those years ago. Before she was only aware and familiar with their Underdark cousins, the dark cruel Duergar.

Slowly she rose to her feet-- a dark shadow slipping out from among the darker shadows formed about the rock crevices, the sun now set far past the horizon-- a sliver of pale gold reminding this half of the world of its presence.
So too faded was the green of the dark elf’s eyes-- now shifting to a deep rich pink, a faded mockery of the rest of her kind-- pink where red would have been the norm.
She stood now, barefooted, her light wisps of pale clothes drifting fluidly, the soles of her feet warmed by the sands, slipping her dagger back into its silver sheath which she tied about her waist, decidingly leaving her armor and the rest of her defenses to rest at the foot of the rock formation.

She made to approach to pair of male, amused inwardly at the thought of whatever reaction they might have at the silent appearance of a drow in their midst, a dark elf calmly slipping to their side.
However, the feminine laughter, so obviously from the dark shape, kept her attentions all the longer.
“Oh darkness in billowing folds, tease not the beast for it too can strike if so provoked.”
Her voice was singsong, light and gay with a light in her eyes that played in joyous mirth at the game she set into motion; and she turned, now revealing her knowledge of its (her) presence.

“Friend or foe?” She asked simply.
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=green:13ftf94n]The sharp eyed may notice a shadow shifting ever so slightly beside a tree in the foliage near the edge of the sands. A clearly humanoid shadow, too tall to be anything shorter than an elf. It moves again, what must be a cloak trailing behind it, towards the mass of the people. The creature reaches the very edge of the sands and crouches slowly, silently watching the people as it becomes indistinguishable from the foliage around it.[/color:13ftf94n]