A Temple

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[color=violet:2d676jpp]Alayna watches the others with intrest, her wings constantly twitching curiously.[/color:2d676jpp]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

A small cloaked figure makes its way silently through the trees and sits down on the ground , collecting their cloak about them , and watches the figures before.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":11slni7k]
*Gallea turns to face Graybeard, though others still smile to Alkemar.* I would be happy to talk of Eilistraee a caring mother of those that apperciate the goodness of world, things like beauty, song, dance and craftmenship.[/quote:11slni7k]

[color=darkred:11slni7k]Craftmenship? *Graybeards seemed to flash a red color, but it was lost after a few seconds. His voice returned to normal* Then I suppose you made that horrid spider of a thing in the cliff wall?[/color:11slni7k]
:3
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Alkemar, as High Prestress takes the warning to heart* I apreciate your information. We will try to be ready for him should he come here. Does your bother seek to harm you?

*Alayna you are not ignored as one of the lessor preistess step toward and below you* Would you like to learn a dance? *She is also armed with a sword, though that might be more of a concern about Alkemar then you.*

*Nedylene, one of the players smiles to to, as strings lay idle right now due to the guests* I welcome you in peace.

*Graybeard,, Gallea looks to you* We do not craft spiders as tokens, they mostly are a symbol of an evil belief. When you are rested perhaps in friendship I offer you, you will show me where this is. We do not seek to deface the woods or the rocks.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkblue:2yqftg46]Alkemar: "Nau, Nau, like that he is not at all. Wish I only that surprised you would not be if, to come out the forest were another drow. Peaceful is he, though fight he can, and well, if calls for it does the situation.[/color:2yqftg46]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene sits quietly...
" I do not wish to disturb you. I heard music and I simply wanted to sit and watch. Is that alright?"She speaks up softly, from a voice slightly hoarse from obvious disuse, riddled with the hiss of a drow accent.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":gxh3ywe3]*Graybeard,, Gallea looks to you* We do not craft spiders as tokens, they mostly are a symbol of an evil belief. When you are rested perhaps in friendship I offer you, you will show me where this is. We do not seek to deface the woods or the rocks.[/quote:gxh3ywe3]

[color=darkred:gxh3ywe3]*Graybeard calmed himself, and bowed his head in an apologetic manor.* Forgive my temperament. I'm a hothead as humans would put it. *The grey eyes looked at Gallea inquizitevly. He had questions to ask, but did not wish to disturb* You have much to do. I will trouble you no longer. A pack of wolves are to pass through this area, I will warn them fo your presence, and ask them not to attack. Speak with the alpha male, and he will call for me. *After this Greybeard walked away into the forest, passing and growling at the guards that were in his way, or standing on the border of his territory*[/color:gxh3ywe3]
:3
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Gallea considers Alkemar words and wonders about this kindly bother of his that serves the Masked Lord. Perhapsas a brother he sees only the best of his brother, in any event replies truthfully* Alkemar we do not attack Drow on sight for being a Drow. There of course can be caution when meeting any new person. If your brother comes in peace he will be recieved in Peace.

* Nedylene the harp player smiles to you* Xas, it is fine for you to listen. Perhaps you will like this tune. *Starts to play his harp*

*Graybeard at your words, Gallea turns to you and returns your bowed head, with bowing her head to you* We thank you for the information you bring us. *Watches as you walk away, then as the harp starts to play, begins to dance aain.*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Nedylene watches the players with a solemn face, she seems very sad as she listens to them. She reaches into her pack and pulls out a piece of old parchment.She opens it and looks at it, closing her eyes. If anyone is looking closely they will see her hurriedly wiping a tear from her eye. She hands the parchment to the harpist.
" Can you play this?" She asks him softly.
Upon opening it someone would see that it is sheet music, the notes are still clear but the lyrics are somewhat faded and written in drow.What can be made out is that this is some sort of love song, strange to see written in this tongue.
On the corners of the page is a copper colored stain that looks suspisiously like blood. The name of the songs writer has been torn and unreadable, and there is no title, save for a name at the top of the parchment.Nedylene Alquesta...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:w01fny5n]OOC: I don't remember saying that Xandar was a follower of Vhaeraun?[/color:w01fny5n]

IC:

[color=darkblue:w01fny5n]Alkemar: *Looks at Nedylene curiously and wonders at her tearful expression.*[/color:w01fny5n]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Nedylene the male takes a look at the music notation and nods head in assent.* Xas we can play this for you.

*Gallea lfollows Alkemar's glance toward Nedylene as the harpist starts to play the song on the sheet music.*
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She closes her eyes and sways a bit in time to the music.The song is beautifully written , with a free flowing rythym that can only hint at the lost lyrics. She starts to sing,her voice is by no means great, but it carries well . She sings in drow (ooc dont ask me to put this in drow it would take toooo long)
"I could make no portrait of thy face,
No mould could frame thy hidden grace.
No poets written sonnet could,
Or carving cast in iron, wood,
Or even stone
Could capture you.
Like the texture of the rose,
Blanketed in dew.
For any statue would only rust,
Fall to the ground,
Enclosed in dust.
Only true love can immortalize you.
Though no other could see your beauty in its
Truth.
I alone am blessed
With the beauty in you."
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":25uar3gq]
*Alayna you are not ignored as one of the lessor preistess step toward and below you* Would you like to learn a dance? *She is also armed with a sword, though that might be more of a concern about Alkemar then you.* [/quote:25uar3gq]

[color=violet:25uar3gq]Alayna's eyes instantly light up at the sugestion of learning to dance. "Really? You think I could? Oh yes! That would be fun!"

The tiny pixie jumps up and flutters down to eye hight with the priestess, awaiting instruction.[/color:25uar3gq]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*The harpist listens to your song as Nedylene sing it, the flutist adding it as an under melody not to drown out your singing. Many of the Priestesses look to to dance to the song as suits their moods.*

*Alayna, the Priestess you fly before smiles* Simple dances are easy to learn. You put one foot in, then take it out. *winks* With your wings you can dance not only on the ground but also in the air.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

A Temple

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=forestgreen:1scvvy9h]A lone figure emerges from the shadows a bit from the guards. As he moves closer he pulls back the hood of his cloak, revealing that he is drow. A bastard sword can be seen resting on his back, while a short sword rests at his hip. Slung acroos his shoulders is a great bow, and balancing the short sword is a full quiver. He stops before the guards, bowing politely to them, [i:1scvvy9h][b:1scvvy9h]I heard your song off in the distance and was wondering by chance if I may beseech you to let me join you. I have heard many things about the Dark Maiden, all wonderful, and would like to witness them with my own eyes, and hopefully in time participate in the events she holds so dear. I am called by the name Lyrian Moonhunter. The last name is not that of my birth, it is one I took on after leaving the Underdark to explore the Lands Above.[/b:1scvvy9h][/i:1scvvy9h]

After giving all the information about himself that he seems to think necessary, the drow male awaits his offer to join the Maidens followers, or their refusal, as he has recieved from all the other races that he has run across.[/color:1scvvy9h]