A trail of retribution

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elrohir
Regular

Nibblehop Steampunch

Post by Elrohir »

He came to a hover over his machine and the metalic apendages dissapear back within his pouch droping him to his feet with a thud He walked down the side of the large machine standing erect as if defying gravity it self.

"This hunk o' junk, Is my Ambulator. *wacks the metal with a wrench from his tool belt* Its suposed to help me teleport from one place to another. This was a test run. Boy are those Iron forge boys going to be wonderin why i havent returned to Khaz Modan. But it seems like theyll be missin me alittle longer. The power converter crystals are cracked. Praise the all father for atleast putting me in the earth."

Now standing compleatly horazontal to the appearing drow elf woman. Taping his foot on the metal outer shell.

"Now who are you and how did you just appear there?"
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Silke looked around, blinked once, and lessened her state of alertness a little.

"I am Silke Rahn, daughter of Nedylene Vrinn priestess of Eilistraee, ranger of Eilistraee, and Matron Mother of the Earth branch of the House of Vrinn. My father is Hans Friedrich Rahn former soldier of Germany, ranger of Mielikki and prisoner of Akordia Vrinn, priestess of Lolth, Matron Mother of the Toril branch of the House of Vrinn, destroyer of my home, and my great-aunt. I am a ranger of Eilistraee, rogue, shadow dancer, soldier, scholar, daughter, and sister to Sabine Rahn and Ursula Rahn. I am a twin to both of them."

Silke waited a bit for that to sink in.

"I am here because these ruins are the closest Drow lands to the surface. This ancient city is the birthplace of my branch of the House of Vrinn. That building (Silke points to the one to her left and the gnome's right) was my ancestral home. I am passing through here to enter the deeper parts of the Underdark. Once in the deeper Underdark I intend to go west towards the coast. There my aunt has her city. It's not the grandest of the Drow cities and only rivals in trade with Skull Port as Skull Port is likelier a more retched den of vice and inequity than Akordia's city. Skull Port is though a freer place for either those of good or evil for in Akordia's city even those of evil tread lightly. Her Dark Sisters inforce Vrinn family rule there with a chainmail covered fist."

Silke looks around the ruins and a sadness descend upon her.

"These ruins were once a beacon of hope and light in this otherwise dark realm. At one time it was one of the largest concentrations of those that followed the Lady of the Dance. Now it is a dust covered tomb and mute monument to those that fell in the Vrinn tragedy. My people once offered this place as a sanctuary for those that saw the futility of life in the lands ruled by Lolth and the dark siblings of Eilistraee. Like the Dark Maiden my grandmother and those before her tried to bring a ray of light to illuminate the darkness both physically and spiritually of this realm."

Silke scans the place as far as her eyes will let her. All she sees are homes and business turned to tombs. A tear rolls down her left check from the inner corner of her eye.

"These ruins are testament to the tragedy of the Drow. Though most of us both full and half-Drow lead lives not all that different than our surface brethen. Those of that make it to the surface though that try to live in harmony with our surrounding either are harassed by those from below or by those on the surface that do not see the difference between us and those that rule underneath. Even on the world I live now the taint of the Spider Queen pollutes the spirit of most of my race I met there."

"I just want to rescue my father from his imprisonment by my aunt and take him home. The Dark Maiden came to me in a vision back on my new homeworld showing me the torment that my aunt has placed my father in. She also showed me that my aunt has become a threat to the lands both in this region of the Underdark and on the surface. My companions and I know that unless I do something to either stop her or at least delay her ambitions the current situation will become more chaotic than in the time of the Valsharress."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Hovering around slowly at a good distance as he listend to the strangely dark skinned elf. He floated closer to the female as he pulled his goggles back down and he begain to scientifically inspect the woman (without touching her yet)

"Yesverypeculiardarkskingwhitehairinfraredvisionscopenaturallyinplacedwithintheeyes.Whatisthatsmelltho?"

He mumbled to himself as the woman explained her position and reason for being here. Then comeing out of a daze like state when she finished.

"Oh yes you have quite the fair reason to be down here. But i can tell you tho you must be misplaced. cause ive never heard of the underdark or the drow. you sure you havent been messing with my Ambulator while i was away have you?"

The little Gnome ziped to his beloved machine hugging it as he gazed back at you with Obsessive eyes.

(OOC: He is obviosly lost and not from Toril either. But he thinks you have been misplaced not knowing it is actually him who is misplaced. The Amblator is a machine that Teleports and what not. Nibblehops prized machine can actually planeswalk from diffrent plane to diffrent plane he just dosent know it)
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"Sir, I hate to be the bearer of disconcerting news, but you are on my homeworld. We are in a place called the Underdark, well close to it anyway. This is area is what my people called the well of light. This city was once home to my family and house. I am of the House of Vrinn, a minor noble house of the Drow or Illythiiri. My particular branch of the House of Vrinn were worshipers of the goddess Eilistraee and for that we have paid a steep price to maintain our beliefs. These ruins are testiment to the price my family has paid over and over again to keep our way of life. This is both a tomb and a memorial for me. A tomb to my ancestors and a place to honor their lives, dreams, and hopes. So stay and fix your machine, but do not profane their memories."

Over a pool of water near the ruined palace sunlight filters down into the cavern that houses the ruined city. Several ghostly spirits rise up from the ruins to witness the words of their living kindred. One, the vestige of Eowien Vrinn matron of the House of Vrinn comes forward to talk.

"Honor the words of my Great Granddaughter stranger and do not trifle with our hospitality which we offer freely. If you betray it and abuse it you will find that our reach is long and our vengence sure."
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.