[ARENA] A Friendly duel

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

[ARENA] A Friendly duel

Post by Zelena Nichole »

I'm in a frisky mood to duel someone....so this is an extended invitiation to anyone who would like to duel with weapons and a small potential of minor magic.
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

A harp plays near by. Should you look in the direction you will see a dark cloaked human playing a harp. The cloak clearly can hide some weapns from your eyes.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

A perplexed look fell over the eyes of Zelena as she slowly withdrew her songsword. Her eyes gazed over the human only to scan him softly. Lifting a brow she merely advanced forward, allowing several other enchanted items to remain hidden under her cloak
Being Half Human and Half Drow, Noone in the UnderDark Expected anything from her. That of course.....was their mistake.

Tluin Kitrye Rivvil lu' Kitrye Ilythiiri, Non wun har'oloth Expected jalbol dal ilta. Nindel d' heen.......zhahus ninta duanda.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Zelena as you near with your sword at the ready the human finishes his song. Placing the harp carefully on the floor.

"Are you that eager to battle that you do not even ask a name? What are the terms of your contest, anti-magic, blades only, some mix of both? To first blood or to surrender? Be aware that death rarely occurs here though it clearly can be posible."

The harp slides under the cloak and the hand appears holding a long sword that gives off a blue glow, some might call it an Elven blade from the appearance of it.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Her beautiful eyes only draped upon the man as she smiled. The appearance of her sword had been only for defense, but nevertheless she did not mind. Her goddess would protect her from harm. Her voice was soft and musical as she responded.

" Death will not be given to the forest of Eilistraee, but this contest will be that of both magic and blades, though the battle will end once the other gives in, and only when the other gives in. "

A smile touched her lips as she stopped advancing, slowly crouching down in a defensive stance.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"And still no name. I agree to your terms, Ladies and Drow go first" Smiles and winks at you, the sword held ready for an attack of that nature.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Faster than that of a cat, her grace was unmatched as she appeared before the man in an blink of an eye. Her song sword wisped through the air downwards as she meant to stike the man's shoulder blade with her sword. Her left hand was left without a weapon, as her form moved forward, allowing her sword strike extra strength.

" Perhaps if you win I shall grace you with a name."

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The speed of the Cat is almost marched as he raises blade to parry your blow, but not quite as your blade cuts drowward with the froce of your blow and his flips downward to strike your wrist with the flat of the blade, seeking to numb your wrist. When the blow strikes, if it does, is displaced by where your eyes tell you the blade and the male was. "Strangers are your friends, be kind. Oh do not blame me that your blow failed you said magic permitted." Appears to step away from you as fast as you charged him, waiting to see if your hand was numbed enough to drop your blade.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

She was merely measuring the amount of skills her opponant held. A chuckle fell from her lips as she slowly enacted a feint, her blade would never have went through with the cut, as just as she moved her sword down, she pulled it up, trying to disconcern what her adversary was capable of. The sword would was aiming to number wrist only fell short as she turned her momentum backwards back tracking a bit. Pulling some roots from out of her cloak, she whispered a quick incantation as she slowly threw them to the ground. The ground beneath them seemed to glow, but did nothing. She smiled as she advanced forward again, moving her blade in low, aiming for the mid section of the man. Was it another test?

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Do not get tangled in your own weeds"

Waits for you to near and his blade stands perpared to parry yours should you complete the blow at all. Debates options considering your speed. Nor can he be certain of the spell you cast, but it appeared likely someway to interfer with footing in the effected area. Backs away from you again toward two trees and stands there using them as side shields.

"Prehaps you want to learn a new song? You do know some claim you are insane for believing in the Lady of Dance."

Considers ways to end this with little harm to the half-Drow and her self image. One way of course would be to decide to lose, but that could make her too confident when facing a real foe.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

The woman, who did not look like a drow, moved forward. Her features were that of a human woman, with slight drow effect. Her emerald eyes fixxed upon the man, as the woman moved quickly. The ground seemed to shift slightly, but only slightly as Zelena moved towards the man again. A smile touched her lips as she stopped advancing.

" I promise I won't, but you shall come to me."

She than began to sing, her voice seemed to wrap around the edges of her songsword, and the blade began to glow.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Shakes head, this one seems more intent on weaving webs then honor of the dark Maiden. "Silverstrike shall come to you first." With a hand casts it at your songsword and the sword dances with yours. "At least one name given in this contest so far." Begains chanting a ballard of the Twisted Tower and another blade is already in his hand. Your charm attack clearly having no effect on the human.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

Another chuckle fell from the lips of Zelena as she watched the man. It was easy for a human to mistake what she was doing. The woman's voice ranged out only to carress the perfect steel of her song sword.

Her eyes draped upwards as she finished staring upwards as she thanked her goddess. " My name is Zelena Nichole. I am the last of my name, for my family was killed by those who served the goddess of Spiders. " She merely stared outwards noticing the man's beautiful voice. She liked it very much. Slowly staring downwards she bent and touched the ground, allowing the dirt to form. The magic she casted before seemed to react to her touch as a thick shield seemed to form into existence. The ground seemed to shift quickly as she looked towards the man. No sane person until they were completely an expert at melee would ever fight one sword versus two. Allowing her new form magical shield to adject to her left hand, she only winked at the man.

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Silverstrike stands directly before you, holding itself in a guard position, to perhaps parry then strike back when you attack.

After the Ballard ends the male speaks.

"Zelena is a nice name, for this day I am Brenner at your service I am sorry to hear of your loss, but perhaps i have killed enough of them to advenge your family even if you have not yet."

Eyes study the shield, a rare item to be carried by a follower of the Dark Maiden, the weight of a normal shield interfers with the dance of battle. Though perhaps this shield had no weight. Having picked his spot waits for you to advace to him.

"Come to me Zelena and I might give you a kiss on the cheek if you are lucky"

The new blade in his hand does appear to be rune inspribed or very ornate decortive sword. This one has not visable signs of being magical.
Zelena Nichole
Maid
Maid

Post by Zelena Nichole »

A smile touched the lips of Zelena as it was true. The substance that forged the shield together was equal to that of armored steel but because of the magic that infused the shield together, it was light weighted. Zelena could move as fast as she could before, but this time she would have defense. She moved forward, her left magical kite shield held before her. It's width was that of three feet across, but as the edge of the shield moved downwards it slowly shaped to a point. Smiling, the magical shield was an item above that of rare. She could change the weight of the shield at will. It was a gift, a magical lore left behind by her mother.

Her eyes then turned emotion as they held a serious look. " Though I respect your skills, but my parents will never be avenged by another. I do thank you however. Only I shall avenge that of my parents."

Her form then slowly moved forward as her eyes gazed upon the magical rapier. This move was indeed a move that she very well knew of. A mage long ago, one of the Lloth's servants, used to use the same technique in battle. Indeed the Rapier was a very powerful tool against a melee opponent, but against an accomplished Priestress who dabbled in sorceress skills? One would wonder what this man thought he was playing with. She bursted forward allowing her shield to to be held up in front of her. Whispering a quick incantation, the body of Zelena split into four images, then her true body faded as the remaining images began to encircle the rapier. Using her knowledge of wisdom and magic, she phased her body into another location, a more advantaged spot. she appeared a foot behind the man and thrust ed her shield forward, allowing the magical shield to gain weight and thus attempting to use it to batter down her opponent with an Eilistraee smite. Allowing her mind to focus, she held a few more magical tricks up her sleeve, as her blade, still infused with the wind, only shimmered in the background of the fight, as she did not want to use it.
Last edited by Zelena Nichole on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.