Wildwood: Red Eye Clan

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

As the male flame haired elf reaches for spell components Gargan recognizes the movements of spellcraft and the threatening moves he makes towards the shaman. He jumps up again and grabs his axe from the ground beside him. He waits to see what the elf and the bear will do after Snarg's and kagurd's warnings.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[color=orange:8csqhco8] The flame elven maiden follows behind Vanessa. Before Verlansia can respond to the Shaman's words, she catches sight of Bruurrn and then Bear. She stops, standing not far from the drow's side. Her simple smile is quickly taken away by the disturbance and the discussion among the orcs in the cave. Verlansia answers to the best of her ability, briefly considering the reactions of her responce.

"Please do not harm my brother!"[/color:8csqhco8]
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[color=green:18d955hz]
~Central cave~

The other orcan woman turns back to alert the other members of the clan. Elhaz looks to Katze.

"I must finish, do as Shaman says. Stay with Snarg and boys."

~The River~

Hagalaz continues working over the cauldren. Her red eyes and mouth drooping under the intense heat of fire and steam, she sneers in the direction of the bear. She wipes the sweat from her brow with the back of her arm. Her hair is saturated and slicked back. [/color:18d955hz]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa studies Bruurrn, while waiting for Verlansia's reply. At her naming him her brother replies to him in Elven.* Not all Drow are Evil and there is no reason to fight. Besides a spell cast against me has a good chance of not working. Casting at another would of course allow me to cast against you. I can [i:21bywi1g]hold[/i:21bywi1g] you with little trouble until you calm down. There is no danger here for you *She hopes, but perhaps Snarg might want another slave.* Verlansia I will not harm your brother. Now to try to make sure no one else does either. *With eyes studing the bear, might need to summon aid should it attack, has no words for it, switchs to Common to speak to the orcs.* He is here for his sister, there is no reason to fight him if he can control his fear of me. Even if if chooses to fght I should be able to stop him before any are killed. The bear might be a problem, if he chooses to fight you should attack the bear. Bear will add food and fur should it come to battle. I think though the bear is a friend of the elf so do not attack first. He might not attack. *The situation clearly tense but the male elf might see the logic of the situation and not be foolish.*

*Bruurrn looks about him, two orc axes ready and near and the cursed Drow ready with her sword and the very believable threat of being able to stop him with her own magic. Slowly moves hand away from the spell component pouch as he runs though his mind what spells are only verbal and/or somatic. Clams bear and nods* There is no reason to fight if my sister will be returned to me. *In Elven* Verlansi come to my side and we will see how true the Drow speaks.

*Snarg listes to the shaman as far as shifting attention to the bear. However worries more about his leadership being overtaken by the Drow. At least one advantage exists she still does not know orc and not all of the tribe understand common. Of course he does not understand Elven which acts as a handicap for him.* The shaman has called for the elf to not fight, as we will surely kill him *trying to minimuse the idea that Vanessa might be the most capible fighter presense in both their language and trade common. It appears that he ha agreed not to fight. If fight does start we take the bear first. *The boys not being paid much attention to right now, though Katze does follow Elhaz's orders and have them under a degree of control. She smiles to Kagurd, in part determined to show that she will be a good mate and raiser of children, though her weapon is weady as well to defend the clan. She also will take care of orphans. *Snarg then switches to common* Shaman as part of your duty you are to care for those without family. Before this happened I was bringing you three that all to be in your charge until they see 14 summers.

*Vanessa sighs inside. Sweet goddess 14 years is too long a run and one that can not be lived up to. A new Shaman must be made much quicke then that somehow. Eyes study Snarg but for now she makes no reply. The risk of combat being more important.*

~The River~

*Rez-frahl eyes turn from where the bear was last seen with eyes for Hagalaz, noting the sweat and heat that appears to be effecting you.* You should rest some I will do that for a time. *hands her a weapon* Stand guard in case the bear comes out. I will pull the clothes out.

~Ona's cave~

*Dragin gives Ona a hug and a gentle kiss* Mother *pats her belly* Wait here and ready for the Shaman if you feel up to it. I am going bear hunting but should be back soon. *Takes up his axe and with thoughts of what he is going to do to Hagalaz on paying Rez-frahl goes off hunting in a happy mood.*

OOC: Was not much I could do with Elhaz this time. Though things should sort out better soon. Too many details to try to cover everything well.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[color=green:3bmxf8bg]~The Caves & River~

Elhaz, having been told by the Shaman to keep her distance from the others, now faces a quandry. Should she join the clan to hunt down the bear or return to burning and cleaning things with blood?
She decides to rally the support of her fellow clan members to defend the cave and for herself to return to burning bodies and cleaning.
Orcs are coming and going through the cave entrance to wash clothing and returning from hunting before the coming of the heat of the day. Rumors of the bear and elf spread from one orc to another as orcs quickly take up their rusty old worn weapons and seek out the invaders. Hagalaz stands at the entrance waiting in case the others chase the bear back out. Since the voices of the others carry throughout the cavernous system, they should not be that hard to find. (Perhaps even the clan could have them surrounded?)

~Ona's Cave~

Ona places her large green hands around her belly trying to measure the size of the baby. It looks to be a great size, about an arms' length and three hands wide. She prepares a place to birth her child, cheerfully looking forward to an extremely painful labor.

~Grona's Cave~

Little tusks curve out from the corners of her mouth, Othala turns around and frowns at the three orc boys who are still trading hits. The little orc girl turns back around at the booming tone of her fathers' voice echoing in the cave. One of her little green-grey hands holds onto Snarg's leg tightly as she sees the bear. She passes an angry look at the bear, narrowing her slanted red eyes.

[/color:3bmxf8bg]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Thu May 18, 2006 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd again finds himself wishing he could speak common and elf as he listens to Snarg repeat the Drow's words with his own twist. He slowly lowers his weapon when it seemed the male elf would behave. His eyes now turning to watch the bear carefully. Too distracted by the threat to even notice Katze's smile.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

When it is said that the male flame haired elf is the female's brother, Gargan's heart skips a beat though he knows not why, and he feels absolutely nothing against the elf. He slowly places his axe on the ground, hoping that the elf will understand and do likewise.
Titles:

Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

[color=orange:6k00mgqf]Verlansia steps forward and returns the rod to Vanessa. With a nod to the Drow, she turns her face toward Snarg and addresses him in Sylvan.

"If you find no fault in me, I pray thee, allow me to stand at my brother's side, that he may trust and abide under your authority, Good Leader."

Her amber eyes give off a soft, warm iridesence. Keeping her head low, the flame elf's hands move to clasp in front of her.[/color:6k00mgqf]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Verlansia how did you manage to post within seconds of me asking you to post? *wink you might have even beat me at it.

IC:

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa watches the interactions as best she can, even noticing the thtree small males that Snarg says are in her charge fighting with each other and that Elhaz approyches with more orcs. She also lowers her sword as Bruurrn appears to step away from instant combat, but has ready a spell in case he did seek to harm. In Elven*

A wise choice, perhaps we can get both of you out of here safely, and of course the bear as well. It though is a dance we will have to play. Verlansia's bother my name is Vanessa and I serve Lady Silvehair, not the Spider Queen may the light take her. *Listens to Verlansia's words to Snarg.* I will translate your words to him as best I can. *Then switches to common*

Snarg, she asks your permission to stand with her bother, Good leader. She hopes you find no fault in her. Yes the children need a mother and I will care for them until a better one can be found for them even if it takes 14 seasons *darn sure it will be months rather then years* These two elves do not belong here and should be allowed to choose their own path. The male might be able to provide some healing or otherwise pay for the visit giving you a gift for the kind treatment given to his sister.

*As Elhaz the others draw near, Vanessa continues in common.* All is alright, please go about your tasks.

*Bruurrn listens to Vanessa, having hread the rumors of the Drow that pretend to be good as a start of the Drow invasion. Clearly not to be trusted, but she clearly will have to pretend to be good for now. It is safer then dealing with other Drow. In Elven he replies to the Shaman* I do have some healing skills not much. What is wrong here that you need healing? *Then speaks to Snarg* There is no reason to attack Bear he will not harm anyone as long as no one tries to harm him. *Relaxes more as Kagurd and Gargan also relax their weapons. Continues to speak to Snarg.* He *indicating Kagurd* has told me my sister walked here freely. I will offer you healing, perhaps other aid as well if she can walk just as freely from here. My name is Bruurrn.

*Snarg considers eventhing said. Pleased at least to soe extent that the Shaman has agreed to stay to raise the boys, even if it is for a short time. Perhaps can make it longer if none of the females are willing to become the boys new mother. For the rule is the Shaman is to take care of all orpans. The male elf speaking orc makes it hard to tell all that have gathered now his plans, but the word can be spread fairly quickly in more private conversations.* There will be peace, healers are important right now. It is true that the female was not captured so we have no right to claim her as a slave. These are to be treated as guests that have come to help Red Eye. Non of us will attack them unless there is good reason. Return to your duties. We must make sure the sickness is gone from here. Shaman you may tell the female she can go to here brother.
Othala, you are not ready to fight a bear yet anyway.

*Katze steps up to the 3 boys, and gives each a cluff on the head* It is not time to fight each other. Later you can play.

*Dragin sneaks closer to Bear, his axe ready to attack. He has plans that a Bear will go a long way to fulfill. Having hread Snarg speak he knows there is a risk, but perhaps a claim of rage will work. Many things occur,

Bear sensing the nearing Orc rears up and arround to face him.
Bruurrn turns to face him.* Do not be foolish.
*Vanessa says in Drow* [i:130979lf] hold [/i:130979lf] *and casts the spell on Dragin.

~The River~

*Rez-frahl watches the pots, but most of his attention on Hagalaz as she takes a guard position at the cave enterence. Hoping that by giving here weapons so quickly she will more come to trust him. He clearly is also hoping that Dragin does not kill the Bear and claim time with Hagalaz.*
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[color=green:3as67666]~Grona's Cave~

Upon recieving Vanessa's dismissal, Elhaz does not leave. Instead she looks to clan leader. The other orc women also remain, waiting for Elhaz. Once Snarg has confirmed the dismissal of the arriving members of the clan, Elhaz departs to return to her duties, the other orc women follow mumbling amongst themselves.

The two larger orc boys shake their heads and in confusion at being cluffed. Both raise their thick black hairy eyebrows and look back to Katze. The smaller young orc boy stares at Othala.

Othala is looking up to Snarg and smiling brightly a wide tooty grin, her slanted red eyes peering through lowwered green-gray eyelids.

Kena enters the cave carrying a sack of wild herbs over her shoulder and a pot of water in her hands. She sees the bear rearing up on it's hind legs and with a scream she drops the pot of water. It falls, smashing into fragments and soapy water spreads across the floor.

~The River~

Hagalaz is greeted by two orc women that were in Elhaz's company. They notice she is carrying a weapon and proceed to tell her all about the daily events. After getting all the details, Hagalaz returns the weapon to Rez-frahl before returning to the wash. The clothes have been boiling for some time now. She carefully removes each article of clothing with the stick and hangs them in the trees to dry in the sun. She looks over to Rez-frahl, wipes the sweat from her forehead and grunts.[/color:3as67666]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Gargan sees Dragin try and sneak up on the massive bear and is expecting to see him get pounded into the ground. He is puzzled to see him suddenly stop in his tracks until he realises Vanessa cast a spell on him. He starts to shift round to behind Dragin so he can gently lay him on the floor to avoid him overbalancing from the spell and hurting himself.
Titles:

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd remains silent for the time, trying to guess what might be said in languages he doesn't understand, and trying to make sence of the little said he does understand.
Glad for the release of tension in the atmosphere, he begins to study the faces of everyone, still attempting to peice together the situation.
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

[color=orange:2redyqi6]The flame elf looks up to the bear taking a stance of attack. She quickly speaks up in a strong voice, in the flowing rustic accent of the Ildav with gentle song-like presentation. Her fingers of one hand move in graceful pose.

"Bra, bjørn. Ta det med ro."

(Well done, Bear. Be calm.)[/color:2redyqi6]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

~Grona's Cave~

*Snarg nods in approval that did wait for him to comfirm the order, it helps maintain the balance of power. Though the Shaman still needs to be controled better somehow. The Shaman by deffinition is part of the clan's leadership. She might be more of a danger then the last one, that only wanted him dead. She is making decsions for the clan, claiming the female elf as her slave, quick with a blade and glances at Dragin, able to stop one of the better warriors with a word. Dragin had to be stopped but it being so esay for the Drow. Eyes watch the flame elves and the bear, more confusing things, she talked to the bear in what soundly like friendly words, the male seemed almost as ready to spell cast as the Shaman, at least he speaks the clan's language when he wishes, but also can speak in secret, in front of him and any clan member, to both the Shaman and the female elf that could cause problem. Having already given up on the idea of selling the female as a slave considers his options. The male elf clearly looks powerful and he travals with a bear. The Shaman is powerful as well. If they work together the clan is in danger. Perhaps it is best to get the two rad haired elves far from the clan as soon as posible. His eyes turn to study the female, she was not captured but instead choose to come, perhaps she will not choose to leave now for whatever reason she decided to come. Well time to say something.*

Bruurrn my name is Snarg, I am chief of this clan. There is a sickness that our Shaman, Vanessa, is trying to heal. A choughing sickness. If you and your sister help us until Shaman is sure all are well we will ask no more of you, you will be free to go with your sister. Gargan is also a healer, perhaps between the two of you you can decide if the Shaman is a true Drow itstead of what she claims. You know what they say about Drow? *The common belief that a Drow can be trusted only to the point of when they find a better deal.* So far she has helped the clan much and there is promise to help more. I wait for when she will hurt, but the clan needs to be well for that time. If I can trust you, the clan will be better and you will be named clan friend along with your sister.

*Smiles to Othala, eyes switch to Kena as she drops the water.* Daughter it is alright the bear is a friend right now.

Kagurd will you see that Dragin gets back to his cave safely? The effects will wear off in times and I suspect the Shaman will want words with him, perhaps changing our planing. But the sickness must be gone, we almost lost Grona and our numbers are low.

*Dragin stands there, hearing all and seeing what is in front of his eyes, which includes the female elf making friends with the bear, the axe possed for attack without one made soon however inbalances him and the fall prevented by the efforts of Gargan from recieving greater bruses or cuts.*

*Bruurrn considers the offer with his eyes looking to Vanessa from time to time, in part intent to let her know she is being discussed. Smiles as Verlansia steps forward to clam Bear, though Bear is already calm via the link they share. Repllies to Snarg first.* The offer is a fair one, and I will provide what aid I can. Perhaps my sister and I can build a small camp on the hill until we are sure all are well. Bear might even do some hunting for you in the daylight, though I need to talk to him about that so I can not promise you much extra food. Yes I know well what is said about Drow, though I have also hread of followers of a Dark Maiden, Drow that pertend to be good and helpful. They are reported to still serve Lolth, may Corellon thrice curse her. What I have though learned is that she will do good and defend the clan, if that is her task, until many more are acepted on the surface as friendly. She will kill Drow even a Matron Mother to earn your trust. They live long years like my siser and I and it might be 200 years before your clan is btrayed. She will help the clan to become powerful, she will heal you, she will teach you, she might get you better weapons as well. Watch for her tricks, a few small ones might happen soon , also of course the Drow have been working this plan for thousands of years, perhaps they are near ready. The best sign would be increased sightings of Drow on the lands. Now I must talk to my sister and will speak to your Shaman in the same language in part to reassure my sister, in part to learn more about the sickness.. *Switches to Elven*
Verlansia Bear is calm enought and has not desire to eat a frozen Ore. Snarg has ordered him removed. I have been offered free passage from here once the sickness has been pruged from the clan. I also asked for a place to camp outside these caves. Up on the hills if it pleases you. We can still fight our way out of here, but what puzzles me most is why you allowed them to bring you here in the first place. Maybe we can speak of that later. *his eyes swing to the crused Drow with a smile on his lips and continues in Elven* Snarg has told me of the sickness and asked my help, in exchange he offers clan friend status to my sister and I. Once we are sure the sickness is gone we will be free. You though based on your pladge must remain at least until you can train a replacement in your "good" ways *sarcasmisn on the word good clearly heard by the few that understand Elven, some might detect body language* I expect you to serve your goddess well not to cause us any problems. What you do with the orcs after we are gone I care not a thing about. Tell me what I need to know and we can part ways quicker.

*Vanessa watches the talk in orc trying to read the singles, soon becoming convinced that Bruurrn does not trust her, even before he speaks in Elven. That only confirms her fears, the stupid male has believed the Lolthian lie that she serves Lolth, may the light take her, though the offer of healing aid is of course needed. It appears the male is set in his mind she can not be trusted, but also appears to believe she can be trusted for a short time to pertend to be good. Sweet goddess, why did it have to be orcs and some strange elves? Speaks in common in reply, to be as open as posible. Describing the symtoms and measures, besides spells being taken to prevent the spread.* I serve the clan as I have pledge, but I need a student now and I select her to learn the ways of the Dark Maiden. *finger points to Kena* If she chooses to learn from me. Snarg I am what I say I am, but many do that believe in Eilistraee at all. They believe *glances at the male flame elf* that we truely serve Lolth, may the light take her, as a trick to regain the surface. I can tell you this belief is not true, but proving the belief is something I can not do. I could ask even the Goddess to come here, but nay sayers can say it was Lolth, may the light take her, just pertending to be another diety. I ask your trust on this, but know I need to earn your trust. I will seek a cure and clense the caves, I will repair your wife's sheild, I will fix other things for the Red Eye as best I am able. I ask your daughther as a student.

*Bear already clamed much by the change in events, licks Verlansia's face as she seeks to calm him further.*

*Katze grins at the two older boys* When you are this high *holding up hand to adult staute* you can play with me, until then you will play when I tell you to, until you go to the Shaman, where she will instruct you. *a glance to the youngest* You need to grow more as well if you want the chiefs duaghter to play with.

~The River~

*Rez-frahl listens to Hagalaz report, while acepting the weapons* Perhaps Dragin not wining anyone tonight, but elves? Come my friend let us finish the clothes before the bright light rises even higher.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Gargan sits against the wall watching the new arrivals closely. He understands all that is said except the elvish, he sits, mystified by the beauty of the language and the gentleness of it. He does not feel right about them talking about the shaman as an evil that will reveal itself. She is kind, and female elf is kind. More people should be kind like them he thinks to himself.
Titles: