Wildwood: Red Eye Clan

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[color=green:tt33zt9w][i:tt33zt9w]~The River~[/i:tt33zt9w]

[b:tt33zt9w]Hagalaz[/b:tt33zt9w] snorts a laugh at the mention of elves. She finishes hanging the last of the clothes and looking around, finds none left to do. She smiles a wide black toothed grin to Rez-frahl.

[i:tt33zt9w]~Grona's Cave~ [/i:tt33zt9w]

The two older boy orcs stop for a moment and look at the drow. They begin to talk, arguing about the number of drow elves their mother to fight off in past battles. The younger orc boy blushes brightly and yells out angrily at Katze,

"Don't like girls!"

Then sticks his black tongue at Othala.

[b:tt33zt9w]Othala[/b:tt33zt9w] turns her gold ringed nose up and looks away.

[b:tt33zt9w]Kena[/b:tt33zt9w] smiles brightly to Vanessa and moves closer to her.

[/color:tt33zt9w]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Isto's Dalhar
Maid
Maid

Post by Isto's Dalhar »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":pc4jydvv]~Grona's Cave~

Kagurd will you see that Dragin gets back to his cave safely? The effects will wear off in times and I suspect the Shaman will want words with him, perhaps changing our planing. But the sickness must be gone, we almost lost Grona and our numbers are low.

*Dragin stands there, hearing all and seeing what is in front of his eyes, which includes the female elf making friends with the bear, the axe possed for attack without one made soon however inbalances him and the fall prevented by the efforts of Gargan from recieving greater bruses or cuts.*[/quote:pc4jydvv]

[quote="Velve":pc4jydvv]Kagurd remains silent for the time, trying to guess what might be said in languages he doesn't understand, and trying to make sence of the little said he does understand.
Glad for the release of tension in the atmosphere, he begins to study the faces of everyone, still attempting to peice together the situation.[/quote:pc4jydvv]

[color=red:pc4jydvv]At her father's words, Jera stares at Kagurd a moment, trying to figure out [i:pc4jydvv]why[/i:pc4jydvv] he hasn't answered her father. Was Papa "Snarg" [i:pc4jydvv]not[/i:pc4jydvv] the leader of their clan? Jera scrunched her nose in distaste and elbows Kagurd in the side, roughly.

"Hey! Listen! You not hear Papa? You no care about clan? You see Dragin home, you big boulder head!"

She stares up at him with her hands on her hips and bent over slightly, glaring at him with a mischeivious grin.[/color:pc4jydvv]
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd looks to Jera as she elbows him and lectures him, a lopsided grin coming to his face. "Perhaps if you gave me a moment to reply to your Papa," he retorts as he brings a large hand to playfully ruffle the orc girl's hair.
He then turns back to Snarg, his face gaining a more serious expresion and gives a now belated nod. He steps forward and removes the axe from Dragin's hands, then akwardly lifts the orc up over his shoulders as he would a recently captured boar. Axe and shoddy halbred in one hand and Dragin draped over his shoulders, with a final glance at the group Kagurd leaves the crowded cave and starts off toward Dragin's own cave.
"That was stupid, attempting to attack the bear. If you had hit and angered the bear we could have lost some younglings," He says to Dragin, assuming he can still hear. "A stupid, stupid risk."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

~The River~

Hagalaz, perhaps we should bring Ona her clothes, we seem to be done here. *Rez-frahl says and returns your smile.* Then perhaps Shaman we say soon if we are good, from the sickness.

~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa having a lot to deal with attention goes to the children first. The children she is to raise are speaking orc so can not understand what they are saying , but notices the youngest sticting out tongne at one of Snarg's daughters. As Kena moves closer to her she smiles to her.* There is much to learn. We will take it steps at a time. Not all of it will be fun.

*Then her eyes turn to Snarg awaiting his reply about Kena.*

*Snarg considers the options before him, replies first to Bruurrn , in part because he spoke first, also in part because to diminish the Authority of Vanessa, speaking in common.* Bruurrn the hill might have danger for you, that we can not provide you protection *considers* though your bear might be protection enough. I woud offer you the idea of camping near the enterance and the river instead. This would be closer to Red Eye so you can heal quicker as needed. I leave this though for you and your sister to decide.
*Then he turns to Vanessa* Kena can become your student if she wishes to do so. She has always been interested in things the old Shaman did. You now have two healers to aid you, remove the sickness from the clan. Keep your faith with the clan no matter what goddess you serve and all will be well.

*Kagurd, Dragin can here and see everything that is occuring around him, the rage builds within him as he can do nothing about your words or judgement of his actions. Somebody will pay for this later he thinks. Perhaps Ona as he is carried to his and her cave.*

*Katze grins at the children, and cuffts them again* You like girls well enough, but not you go to Shaman.

*Vanessa liking to take time out for a headache but knowin she can not, replies to Snarg in common* My pledge will be kept and I think the hill camp might be a better idea then close to the river.

*Bruurrn hearing the Drow support the hill says in orc* We will look for a camp near the cave and the river. Bear will go with sister to find a good place. I need now to speak to my sister and your Shaman, I think the washing is good. I will work with Gargan to make sure all the clan is well. *switches to Elven*

Verlansia we have permission to make a camp above. I ask you to go and select a place. Bear will help you, but I think it should be a place between the cave and the river. Trust though Bear's judgement. *Then speaks to Vanessa about the ongoing plans about detection and cures of the illness.*
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[color=orange:zdxwugsd]Verlansia removes a piece of a twig from Bear's fur and looks up to Bruurrn, recieving his instruction. The flame elf turns her glowing amber eyes to Snarg and smiles a bit before looking back to Bear and leaving the cave. She wonders how Bruurrn was able to convince the orcs to allow her freedom outside the cave. She keeps her eyes down as she passes the members of the Red Eye until she is outside the cave. [/color:zdxwugsd]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

As Verlansia departs the cave a cloud passes over Gargan's heart. He determines himself to try and talk to the Shaman as soon as possible to see if her more powerful magic can heal this malady of his.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd arives at Dragin and Ona's cave and places the orc down on his feet so he shouldn't fall over. He then half-turns to Ona, a slight smile comming to his face as seeing the Clan grow stronger always did. Idly he wondered how close to childbirth she was.
Kagurd turns back to the paralized orc, "Twice your fate has been in the Drow's hands..." he states, letting the sentance end for Dragin to fill in its meaning.
He props the Orc's axe against the wall and walks from the crude room.
Half-way through the common cave, he stops dead. His mind going over his words to Dragin and realising how much the Drow woman had the whole clan in her hand...
Snarg would have seen the threat already, yet he didn't seem to have had much progress on acting on it.
Kagurd believed Elhaz would have seen it also...

He realised he was stareing at nothing, and grufly shook his head in an attempt to clear it.
The Orog began walking back to his own cave, his weapons were there, and hunting always gave him time to think..
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~In The Cavern Hallways~

[quote="Velve":2kdufcku]Kagurd arives at Dragin and Ona's cave and places the orc down on his feet so he shouldn't fall over. He then half-turns to Ona, a slight smile comming to his face as seeing the Clan grow stronger always did. Idly he wondered how close to childbirth she was.
Kagurd turns back to the paralized orc, "Twice your fate has been in the Drow's hands..." he states, letting the sentance end for Dragin to fill in its meaning.
He props the Orc's axe against the wall and walks from the crude room.[/quote:2kdufcku]

[font=garamond:2kdufcku][b:2kdufcku][i:2kdufcku][color=green:2kdufcku]Ona is clearly not pleased. She waits for Kagurd to leave and seeing Dragin in a such helpless state, almost incapacitated, she can't help but to contemplate a good beating upon him in return for all she has recieved. She rubs her thick calloused green hand together, smiling wickedly. [/color:2kdufcku]
[/i:2kdufcku]
[/size:2kdufcku][/font:2kdufcku]

[quote="Velve[/b]":2kdufcku]Half-way through the common cave, he stops dead. His mind going over his words to Dragin and realising how much the Drow woman had the whole clan in her hand...
Snarg would have seen the threat already, yet he didn't seem to have had much progress on acting on it.
Kagurd believed Elhaz would have seen it also...

He realised he was stareing at nothing, and grufly shook his head in an attempt to clear it.
The Orog began walking back to his own cave, his weapons were there, and hunting always gave him time to think..[/quote:2kdufcku]

[font=garamond:2kdufcku][i:2kdufcku][color=green:2kdufcku]One of the orc women most loyal to Red Eye clan, who Kagurd had seen before many times returning from hunting, appeared in the darkness before him. She has a shaved head and many piercings with carved bone jewelry that adorn her features. She puts a finger to her lips and beckons Kagurd to a nearby alcove.[/color:2kdufcku]
[/i:2kdufcku]
[/size:2kdufcku][/font:2kdufcku][/b:2kdufcku]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2edu2sfd]~The River~

Hagalaz, perhaps we should bring Ona her clothes, we seem to be done here. *Rez-frahl says and returns your smile.* Then perhaps Shaman we say soon if we are good, from the sickness.[/quote:2edu2sfd]

[font=garamond:2edu2sfd][b:2edu2sfd][i:2edu2sfd][color=green:2edu2sfd]
Hagalaz's large round red eyes look to Rez-frahl, her eyebrows lift, and she grunts enthusiasticly before taking down the clothing to be returned. Once she has collected Ona and Dragin's clothes she stacks them over one bare green shoulder and takes Rez-frahl's hand forcefully. [/color:2edu2sfd][/i:2edu2sfd][/b:2edu2sfd][/size:2edu2sfd][/font:2edu2sfd]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2edu2sfd]~Grona's Cave~

*Vanessa having a lot to deal with attention goes to the children first. The children she is to raise are speaking orc so can not understand what they are saying , but notices the youngest sticting out tongne at one of Snarg's daughters.

*Katze grins at the children, and cuffts them again* You like girls well enough, but not you go to Shaman.[/quote:2edu2sfd]

The older orc boys stand there rubbing their heads, surprised at the unforseen cuffts. They each look around the cave at all the races before them, some they had never seen. The drow shaman in particular. They whisper there thoughts in orc among themselves with miscievious grins on their little broad green faces.
The youngest orc boy looks back to Othala who is as always, standing next to Snarg. He sits down off to the side thinking and not much caring about what is going on. He gathers small pebbles together in his thick green hands. [/color:2edu2sfd][/i:2edu2sfd][/b:2edu2sfd][/size:2edu2sfd][/font:2edu2sfd]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2edu2sfd]As Kena moves closer to her she smiles to her.* There is much to learn. We will take it steps at a time. Not all of it will be fun.[/quote:2edu2sfd]

"Shaman, you teach me more Drow talk, right?!! And show me how to make smokes and fires? I like things that go, boom too! If you show me how to heal Red Eye my sisters' friends can play outside again! We will make clan strong like before when Papa was little and I can help keep Clan safe!! Can I wear a pretty priestess robe?"

Kena smiles brightly, her eyes full of fire and excitment about her new adventure in Shamanhood. [/color:2edu2sfd][/i:2edu2sfd][/b:2edu2sfd][/size:2edu2sfd][/font:2edu2sfd]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Verlansia, Bear apperciates the twig being removed from his hair. As you travel along the tunnels most orcs encountered have little notice of your bowed head, as they became more concern about not getting Bear's attention and quickly moved out of the way.*

~The River~ *Bear pads toward the river looking for a place that Bruurrn and he would like to camp. A fish jumps in the water catching Bear's attention and he wades into the river hunting fish, forgetting anything about camping.

Rez-frah watches as Bear and Verlansia emerge from the cave and the bear enter the river. With Hagalaz taking a tight hold on his hand, starts to wonder if winning her love is such a good idea, but still better then having her compempt.* Hagalaz come we will first see Ona, then seek the Shaman for healing if needed. *With her enters the caves and seeks Ona's cave*

-Grona's cave~

*Gargan after Bruurrn finishes discussing the symptons with Vanessa and what has been done, speaks to you.* We need to look for chough and blood, that the wife of Snarg may be infected. If the clan is lucky she is the only one, but we should check all the males for signs. The Shaman will look to the females, though her magic is low right now. She says she will dance for spells this eve to cure any that she or we find. Any we find are to be told to be kept apart from others. Are you ready to start? *With a nod to Vanessa and a bow to Snarg steps away to seek out the males of the clan with Gargan.*

*Vanessa sighs to herself, the male elf was being difficult to say the least. It appears he knows that she does not speak orc. In any event she has no idea what was said to Gargan, though it can be hoped that they will seek out those that might be sick. She trurns her attention first to the three boys eying them to see any sign of sickness, but quickly smiles to Kena with a smile* Xas *then in common* I will teach you Drow, and yes I can teach you how to make fire and things explode, but there I will also teach you to know when you should and should not do these things. As for clothes yes you can wear pretty and soft robes in time perhaps more portective and warm then most of the clan has. That will take time. Frist though we will look to see if your friends are good to play outside. *her eyes turn to Katze and studies her looking for signs of sickness, then to the boys and decides they are all healthy enough.* I will ask Gona to look after the children for now so that you can return to your tasks. *She then steps to the boys in her softflowing dress and kneels down in front of them, her arms reach together them to her chest in a warm hug* I will be your guide for a time. You will grow to be good and strong members of the clan.
Grona all is safe now, I ask you to watch these three boys until I return for them.

*Snarg watches, the male male might balance the power of the Shaman. But how to keep both there. A problem to consider, the answer though eludes him right now. The male elf appearsto have now love of orcs, just a hatered of Drow and only bargined for a solution that did not result in battle. One Snarg is uncertain the clan would have one, but even if it had the Red Eye would again be reduced in numbers. Also aware that some type of battle must be had soon that he leads least another challegne be forth coming. A hunt of a raid this eve perhaps. Taking the more agresive males including Dragin into some type of fight. Steps out of the room to select those most needing a fight against something that is not right now a clan friend.*

~Dragin and Ona Cave~

Dragin hears all that is said by Kagurd and sees all of where his eyes are directed, still unable to make a reply or move. Stands there with his eyes now seeing the mother of his child. She has not spoke but there is something in her eyes, what is she thinking.*
Velve
Regular

Re: ~In The Cavern Hallways~

Post by Velve »

[quote="Ssin'urn Streea":3qt21hik]

[font=garamond:3qt21hik][b:3qt21hik][i:3qt21hik][color=green:3qt21hik]One of the orc women most loyal to Red Eye clan, who Kagurd had seen before many times returning from hunting, appeared in the darkness before him. She has a shaved head and many piercings with carved bone jewelry that adorn her features. She puts a finger to her lips and beckons Kagurd to a nearby alcove.[/color:3qt21hik]
[/i:3qt21hik]
[/size:3qt21hik][/font:3qt21hik][/b:3qt21hik][/quote:3qt21hik]

Kagurd wearily glances about for any that may be watching, wondering what the woman could want to keep so silent. He then follows her to the alcove. "Is there something the matter?" He asks in a low voice once away from the eyes of any nearby.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Gargan nods to Bruurrn after he has been given instructions. "Gargan ready to heal Red Eyes." He grunts, he follows Bruurrn when he goes to heal.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Re: ~In The Cavern Hallways~

[quote="Velve":37z8summ]
Kagurd wearily glances about for any that may be watching, wondering what the woman could want to keep so silent. He then follows her to the alcove. "Is there something the matter?" He asks in a low voice once away from the eyes of any nearby.[/quote:37z8summ]
[font=garamond:37z8summ][b:37z8summ][i:37z8summ][color=green:37z8summ]"Elhaz send me to get news. Might be good to keep eyes on shaman, Kena and Gargan will be close. Drow do good things for Red Eye but she make herself too strong. See what she do to other shaman and Dragin? Even elf not trust her but with him Red Eye might find ali.If something happen to make Snarg leader no more in eyes of clan..."

An orc guard carrying and arm full of rusty weapons passes by. The female hunter pulls back further into the alcove, going silent until the male orc is passed.

"If something happen to Snarg, who will lead Red Eye if there be no clan?"
[/color:37z8summ][/i:37z8summ][/size:37z8summ][/font:37z8summ][/b:37z8summ]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Kagurd shakes his head slowly and runs a hand through his coarse black hair, his mind working through the possibilities.
"If she gets too strong, Red Eyes will fall apart.... We won't let that happen." He almost seems to be thinking aloud as he speaks. "But we need her, she knows many things that help.... How do we keep her under control?"

He always had liked to handle things head on, yet it he was sure this would need much more finesse. He needed to hear the views of everyone else. "Maybe we will have to have meeting between strongest and most loyal of clan." The largest problem he could see with that would be keeping the Drow in the dark about it.

Kagurd lays an appreciative hand on the orc woman's shoulder and speaks in an earnest tone, "Thank you, Red Eyes need to stand strong together in times like these."
With that he turns and continues to walks to his cave. Even if he didn't end up hunting, one looking as strong and armed as they can be weilds more authority than one without, and if he was to outweigh the Drow in power he needed all the authority he could muster.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:fhsda1vf][i:fhsda1vf][b:fhsda1vf][color=green:fhsda1vf]~The Caves~

Three sets of red eyes look down from a loft in the ceiling to the female hunter. The virile orc women climb down and depart together, their faces hardend and determined. They spead out, each one leaves taking a different direction.

~Somewhere Outside Far Away From the Cave~

Elhaz stands by a raging fire that exagerates the size and contures of her muscular frame between flickers of light from the flaming tongues. The fire consists of old blood soaked materials of wood and clothing. She scrapes through the fire with her halberd, sorting the burning items from the ash. The fire moves like a monster, crackling with life, and spitting thick smoke and pieces of burning chaff up into the air. Footsteps approach and she readies her weapon. A female orc appears from behind a cluster of trees.

[/color:fhsda1vf][/b:fhsda1vf][/i:fhsda1vf][/size:fhsda1vf][/font:fhsda1vf]
~Don't close your Eyes~