Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:34tju5rk]Well, even though it's psoting out of turn, I'm going to continue on with my story.[/color:34tju5rk]

[color=navy:34tju5rk]After sitting back and pondering for a while, Qez clears his throat and sips at his wine once more, then continues on with his story.

[i:34tju5rk][b:34tju5rk]After they burried their frined, the travelers moved on. Now this may seem a bit weird, but at one point, Quel found, or was given a Mask of Altering, I think it's called. It was in Cormanthor that he forst used it, taking on the appearence of a sun-elf. He did this to Atract Aryelles' eye, which he had already done in his normal appearance, although she wasn't letting on about it.

While in town, Quel walked up to her and kissed her on the cheek a fes times, speaking to her in elven. She was wandering who this handsome stranger was, although deep inside her she thought she new. After a few of these random encounters, Quel kissed her flush on the lips, causing her to swoon in delight. Feeling her emotions for him in true as she felt kinda bad about another kissing her, a complete stranger at that, Quel quit wearing the mask.

It was on the journey between Cormanthor and Waterdeep that he kissed her for the first time as his natural self, Having decided that he'd wear the mask no more. He felt it was wrong to himself and his people, as well as this fair haired fair skinned elf maiden. The reaction that every one thought wa going to come from her didn't. No scream, no slap, no spitting as if in revulsion of being kissed by a hated drow. Instead the reaction was quite the oppsite. She sat there in shock for a moment, realizing who the stranger had been that was making a pass on her in Cormanthor, then she smiled with a rosy blush. After a little while, she worked up the courage to kiss him back, not just a simple peck like he had given her, but a nice lengthy kiss, one of those that makes you want to say get a room.

Since the two of them seemed comfortable about it, no one else in the group paid it any mind except for Cyrus, him still being prjudiced toward drow. After a while though, he lost his prejudice and saw Quel and Aryelle as just anohter pair of elves deeply in love, not taking note of my brothers skin color any more. This was a giant step for him, it meant that his pejudice toward the followers of the Dark Maiden were falling away, and from that point forth, any time he saw a drow with the Ladys' holy symbol, he was polite and respectful of them.[/b:34tju5rk][/i:34tju5rk]

Qez pauses here in his story to sip at his wine and look around, noting that it was starting to get light out. [i:34tju5rk][b:34tju5rk]How much for a room good sir? I think I'd like to rest a bit before continuing with a tale that may take a while longer to finish.[/b:34tju5rk][/i:34tju5rk][/color:34tju5rk]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Raven sighs, her head propped up on her wrists, watching the man as he tells his story.
"Awww...I love love stories.Wish somebody would like me like that,instead of just because...Never mind."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:3a40xnml]OOC: Sorry, been offline for a few days.[/color:3a40xnml]

IC:

[color=olive:3a40xnml]"You must mean the nieghbor's gaurds. I don't need any ;) ." To Qez:"Our rooms are two gold per night, and very nice. only ten gold for a week.[/color:3a40xnml]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Nah...I meant the town watch..." she giggles....."Wish I had a magic orb to have captured the looks on their faces."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:2zmk1ids]Qez hands the man a plantinum piece, [i:2zmk1ids][b:2zmk1ids]I have no idea how long I'm gonna be staying here, so I'll pay for my room and board in advance to take care of it. Keep whatever is left over, if any, and it'll start me off the next time I'm through here.[/b:2zmk1ids][/i:2zmk1ids]

After he pays the inkeeper, he turns to the lady. [i:2zmk1ids][b:2zmk1ids]Well, this story is wuite a bit of adventure, with some romance thhown in for good measure. Before I head off for my rest, I'll tell you a bit more of it though.[/b:2zmk1ids][/i:2zmk1ids]

Qez sips at his wine once more then continues on with his story. [i:2zmk1ids][b:2zmk1ids]It wasn't long after this though, that the elven maiden was called to return home. She didn't want to go, but she new that she had no choice. She said farewell to all of her companions, yet couldn't give Quel the kiss they were both longing for, fearing that her people would ban her, or kill Quel for wanting to create an abomination in their eyes. With many tears, and a sad smile to my brother she left the party to return home.

Quel, being the headstrong man that he is, didn't let anything show on the surface, yet deep inside, he was weeping all the time as the journey continued. After several more weeks of travel, they reached Waterdeep and the home of Ja'kals parents. On arrival, they delivered their companions perfectly kept body to his parents, who mourned him, yet still found it in their heats to aid the companions. They gave each member of the party something for their remarkable show of friendship to a young man that they had only known for a few weeks time. The most significant of these gifts went to my brother and Raine, as they were the two most compassionate of the group. Raine recieved a suit of celestial plate, which was forged just like dwarven plate, and Quel was given a Sunblade, which has powers similar to a Moonblade, yet it affects undead more than lycan type creatures.

It wasn't long after the arrival of the group in Waterdeep that Raine went out looking for a few items, as she was elected the shopper for the group, the one who got the supplies that everyone needed. It was while she was on this expedition that she learned of the man who secretly held her heart being trapped in the Undercity. After learning of this she ran back to the house of their deceased companion and alerted the group. Once hearing all the news, Ja'kals' parents gave them a few more items to help them along their way, and they set out for the Undercity through a well hidden trap door through a certain tavern in the town.[/b:2zmk1ids][/i:2zmk1ids]

Qez gives a great yawn and finishes his wine, [i:2zmk1ids][b:2zmk1ids]I'll finish this part of the story after I've taken my reverie lady and good sir. Till then I bid you all Quel esta.[/b:2zmk1ids][/i:2zmk1ids]He then takes his leave of the two and heads for his room.[/color:2zmk1ids]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Owww...how sad...but I can certainly understand. How late will you be open, for I am a noctournal creature and can stay awake until the dawn. We seem to be alone now, and perhaps I can untrust my tale to you, bartender, if you are interested."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:1qwt05n3]OOC: What is the platinum/gold currency exchange rate? Hey, Qhell, you should've asked about the presidential suite if you're gonna pay that kinda money. ;) BTW, what is the copper/silver/gold exchange rate? How many coppers make a silver, how many silvers make a gold piece?[/color:1qwt05n3]

IC:

[color=olive:1qwt05n3]Unen: I'm open from six in the evening to eleven in the morning (for any late risers ;) ). We serve dinner to all, and breakfast to anyone staying in a room. And I would be happy to hear any tales you might like to tell, that's what this forum-*cough,cough* I mean tavern is for.[/color:1qwt05n3]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She smiles,"Then I will entrust you with my secrets, for I tell you'tis annoying to go about cloaked and shrouded all the damn time.Just promise me you wont scream or do anything silly.I hate that..."
She reaches up and pulls back her hood, and drops her cloak down.
Upon her fair brow is a small pair of horns which curve back a bit about 9 inches, similiar to a demons, only hers spiral more.When she smiles again , he sees her top and bottom incisors are wickedly sharp , but most surprising of all are the wings.Large white wings , which she spreads out for his perusal. They are more similiar to a dragons than a celestials, and could obviously reach about 18 feet if she spread them out all the way.Her form however is much smaller than her cloaked figure would have indicated, the wings having thrown off all assessments.She is slender , with the build of an elven woman, but very muscular and tall. She stands close to 7 feet.Her face is delicate and looks very young,around 16 or so, in human equivalence, her ears are pointed like an elves.Her skin and hair is the precise shade of fresh milk, and her slanted eyes glow bright green.
"My name is Raven Willowsong, and I am a nymaru."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:1w1ta9mz]OOC: Won't be able to post tomorrow, BTW.[/color:1w1ta9mz]

IC:

[color=olive:1w1ta9mz]Unen: Quirks an eyebrow and a wry smile. "I am a drow living on the surface. Who am I to say anything. Also, drow don't scream at anything other than matron mothers ;) .[/color:1w1ta9mz]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She laughs,
"Yeah..I scream on sight of our matron mothers as well.I promised you a story so here is mine."
" I recently turned 105 ,making me finally of childbearing age, if only barely.This is a big event amongst my kind, for females are few and far between , and since I am what is considered a pure blood, meaning I am related by blood to the Grandmother of our lineage, an elven woman by the name of Mystremvar Willowsong ( long story there), I am considered a "real catch" . My coming of age party was filled to overflowing with eligible nymaru men, all hoping to catch my eye.None of them did, for most of them Ive known since childhood, and I am still young enough to not think of them in any term but playmate and friend.
As is normal, the men all got sloppy drink , and when the matron mothers went to bed, they cominced to fighting amongst themselves for the "honor" of taking me to bed. As is also usual, I get little to no say in this, for since I did not choose when the matrons were around, whoever won the battles won me.In the confusion of the fighting , I slipped away. "
She paused then to take a drink of the thick gelatinous stuff she was embiding and then continued,
" I am blessed in that , with my small size ( yes, I am considered small) and my above average strength , I can fly well and far. I flew away from my home, my family , and my avarice suitors.None of the females have ever done this before.Most of us girls are content to stay at home, keeping house and raising as many babies as we can squeeze out.But I have always wanted more than that."
" I know that I will have to keep moving, for the males will find me eventually , and then there will be hell to pay.But, dammitt, I have been trained in the martial arts just as well as the males, not to mention the fact that I can throw a hell of a fire ball. So why shouldn't I be entitled to a bit of adventure before I have to settle down? "
She chugs the rest of her drink, rather furiously, before attempting to pour more from her cask.
"Damn, its empty, "
She complains,
" Could you get me a bottle of Blue? Oh wait a minute...you can't ...never mind...Rots the brain out anyways, and I suppose I need my wits about me."
She looks out around the bar , and sighs unhappily.
" I suppose most of all, I would like to find someone I could actually love, and who would love me for me, and not just the fact that I am a pure blooded female of the line.Is that too much for a girl to ask for?"
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:1qaikmv4]Qez comes back down after about an hour, his rest time needed shortened by the Ring of Sustanence that he wears. Seeing the female figure at the bar, he stops for a second and looks around, noting Ravens cloak is lying near her , he smiles. [i:1qaikmv4][b:1qaikmv4]So miss Raven, you've finally decided to quit hiding your marvelous feartures from us I see. I expected a celestial or and angel beneath the cloak, but never one of your kind. What's it been since there have been any of you seen on the face of Faerun, 6 or 7 human generations now?[/b:1qaikmv4][/i:1qaikmv4]

After speaking to her kindly, still offering his pleasent smile, he continues toward the bar and resumes his seat. [i:1qaikmv4][b:1qaikmv4]If you'll be so kind good sir, I'd like to have a bite of breakfast please. Some eggs, ham and toast would work fine, with a bit of orange juice to wash it down, then I'll continue on with my tale.[/b:1qaikmv4][/i:1qaikmv4]

After settling his thoughts into place, he looks over to Raven and smiles once more, this time not saying a word.[/color:1qaikmv4]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She smiles,
"Its been a while thats for sure...I don't know how much you know about us, but when we reach adulthood we take on more attributes of whatever bloodline is the most prevalent in us. We call it the turning and its always a big to do. I havent reached mine yet.Well, a while ago, one of our males took the bloodline of the vampire and it got really messy.He ended up attacking a large village of humans and slaughtering most of them before our soldiers caught up to him and "took care of him". It was humiliating to say the least, for we would rather those few who know of us to see us as the kindly species we are, so after that we have been lying really low.Im not supposed to be here as you can imagine.But [i:33k8tpkf]sonas art[/i:33k8tpkf] sir, it is good to see one who knows of us."
ooc....the tongue of the nymaru is a combination of celestial and what we know as gaelic.ex.. the nasty thing she has been drinking is called [i:33k8tpkf]gorm deamhan crau[/i:33k8tpkf] if you so desire ..look it up.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=teal:2euzff1u]OoC:No thank you, even the name sounds a bit in the disgusting side, and although I don't have a weak stomach, the ingredients may cause me to turn a bit green about the gills.[/color:2euzff1u]

[color=navy:2euzff1u]Qez smiles to Raven, [i:2euzff1u][b:2euzff1u]It's not that I know about you, it's that I've heard about you. We were taught many things bcak home, some of those things thought long forgotten. To me, you're a fairy tail come to life, no offense meant, but I must say, you're quite a beautiful fairy tail creature at that.[/b:2euzff1u][/i:2euzff1u]

Qez then goes back to contemplating his story of his brothers past, leaving an ear open for anyone who may want to speak as he awaits his meal.[/color:2euzff1u]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

A deep crimson blush steals up over her white cheeks, spilling up to the pointy tips of her delicate ears,
"Why thank you, kind sir,"
She giggles,
"Your rather cute yourself, a lot smaller than the men I am accustomed to, but theres nothing wrong with that.Since we are hear to listen to tales, how about a very funny one that my family likes to tell.
When one of my kinsfolk had her turning, her bloodline was of a silver dragon.The bloodline was strong enough that she was even able to take the form.One night she was out for a flight when she came upon a family of farmers taking their wares to the village for trade. They were being ambushed by bandits. Being around 65 feet long, my kinswoman decided to give the bandits a nasty surprise, and swooped down upon them. Being of the intelligent variety of bandit they ran off screaming . The family was , of course, very relieved to see her and thanked her profusely , but the bandits had already killed their oxen and they were uncertain as to how they would be able to get their produce to market. My kinswoman took pity upon them again, and offered to took the beasts place, for surely she was at least as strong as the oxen.After procuring an unimaginable amount of rope from as many sources as they could, my kinswoman proceeded to "pull" the wagon to town, after a while, it became more apparent that Faerun had discovered its very first flying wagon.To make a short story even shorter, the family made it into town at a much more expedient rate than they had ever thought possible, however they were more than a little bit green around the gills.
When my kinswoman pulled up to the gates of the city, every guard on the walls stopped dead silent, staring in wide eyed wonder at the visage of a simple wagon being pulled by a 65 foot silver dragon.
The farmer looked up at the guards and then over to his wife and said,
"Honey, I dont think the "horse"is gonna fit through the gates.""
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[color=navy:1xkfyou8]Qez laughs uproariously at her story, almost falling from his stool, tears streaming from his eyes. Once he has his composure back, he looks to Raven with a smile, [i:1xkfyou8][b:1xkfyou8]Now that's the funniest thing I ever heard. I don't have anything mearly so good, and I wouldn't want to embarass myself by telling you of all the trouble I used to get into on a daily basis, all by trying to emulate my brother.[/b:1xkfyou8][/i:1xkfyou8]

He then catches what she said about him being cute and coughs a bit in embarassment. [i:1xkfyou8][b:1xkfyou8]Thank you for the compliment m'lady, although I don't think I'm all that deserving of it compared to you.[/b:1xkfyou8][/i:1xkfyou8] His dazzling smile returns once more at his last remark. Is he trying to pick her up? not at all. He's giving compliments where compliments are due.[/color:1xkfyou8]