Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She smiles back, revealing her sharp pointy teeth, so odd looking in such a sweet young face.
"Well , that was my great grandma Miarah..she was an original all right, and one of The Willowsongs, no less. But thats not the best thing she did....In her work as The Willowsong, she was greatly offended by the Dark God Mask.She held a grudge against that ba#$%&*^ for ages.One day, as a reward for services rendered, the Gods granted her a wish, anything that she wanted.As opposed to money or riches, like most would have asked for, she asked for one thing only. She asked to be made a Goddess for just one hour, and that anything she did as a Goddess not effect her when she became mortal again.They were confused, but gifted her with the Mantle of Godhood , just as she asked , and promised her that there would be no repercussions. She immediatly went to Mask's realm, walked into his chamber, strolled up to him, and punched him right in the face.He was so astonished , he hit the floor, at which point she blew him a kiss and walked out the door."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=navy:1tgajmrh]Again Qez nearly falls from his chair from his laughter. [i:1tgajmrh][b:1tgajmrh]Now that sounds like something my brother would have done, had he finished his fight with our oldest brother Mourn.[/b:1tgajmrh][/i:1tgajmrh] He smiles a bit at this, [i:1tgajmrh][b:1tgajmrh]I almost got ahead of myself in my story there. I can't be doing that or I'll ruin it for all of you.[/b:1tgajmrh][/i:1tgajmrh][/color:1tgajmrh]
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=darkblue:1q771n6o]Still waiting for his food, Qez decides to sontinue on with his story. [i:1q771n6o][b:1q771n6o]My brother, with his new sword, known as a Sunblade, and his companions started werrily into the Undercity, careful of what was likely to be around. Slowly and carefully they moved, avoining the traps as much as possible without a rogue there to disarm them, and trying to keep Raine from running off on her own in impatience for he love of Talen.

For two days they travelled, avoiding most of the traps well, and being caught by a few of the more clever but less dangerous, until they reached a room with an opening to the sky. Here they rested for lunch, trying to get their bearings beneath the city and realizing they were beneath one of the wells in the richer section of town. As they were about to leave, a bit of luck fell into their laps, almost literaly. Having had offended soemone of his former group, a man thay had met before was tossed into the well, with intentions that he never escaped. The man was Loki D'mask, a decent fighter and a damn good rogue.

Seeing the companions around him he smiled, saying something along the lines of "Seems to me as if I fell in the right well." With a chuckle and a smile he asked if he could join the group, which all agreed immediately, since they needed a rogue and another good fighter.

The companions continued on for another two days till they came to what appeared to be a dead end. But as luck had it, my brother found a secret door. Since it was time to stop for the night anyway, the companions decided to stay here and venture through the door on the mourn, after Quel reasoned with Raine that some of them needed their rest for the day ahead, having to prepare spells and such with the nes days dawning.[/b:1q771n6o][/i:1q771n6o]

Qez leans back on his stool, looking around for the innkeep who has seemed to vanish during the night.[/color:1q771n6o]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Well if your hungry I might be able to do something about that, with the innkeeper gone, he cant yell at me for using magic in here."
She rifles through her pack and pulls out a wand,
"Ah ha.."
She says,
"Darn, only 3 more charges..oh well.."
She waves the wand and chants and a feast is spread out before the 2 of you, a feast fit for a king.
She picks up a chicken leg and says between bites,
"Do go on with your story."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:nkk4bjo0]Unen: *Returns from kitchen with eggs, bacon, sausages, cheerios, grits, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, and Waterdaviian toast. (ooc: no french toast in Faerun ;) )* "Well, I hope you enjoy your 11pm breakf-WHOA!!!(sees feast) looks like you've already got food! And after all that trouble I went through to get out the breakfast ingredients..."[/color:nkk4bjo0]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:fl5cyt0v]"Thats ok...I can eat more.."
[t:fl5cyt0v]The winged girl says between bites,
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:1ejwv8gl]Unen: *laughs* "I have a wand recharger for that (indicates wand on the counter) if you need one. I can get it for you if you want, 20 gold per charge. It's a bargain."[/color:1ejwv8gl]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:91b64doh]"Really!!Sweet!! Thats the best deal I have gotten on a recharge. Do you give bulk discounts?"
[t:91b64doh]She grabs her pack and empties it onto the table, you can see a total of about 12 wands of various shapes and sizes, as well as an aclimation of some normal adventurer items,a few daggers, her bedroll, flask, flint and steel, healing potions, etc. but you also notice some strange items that have fallen out of her pack.
[t:91b64doh]She also has a jar with a live frog inside, a bag that appears to hold marbles, a decrepitated birds nest, some feathers, a pair of underwear ( she blushes and puts these back in immediatley), a skull that appeared to belong to a large bird of some sort, a necklace that has about 10 fangs ( too small to be an animals) strung on it, another necklace with a family crest on it, a baby doll, and a variety of small colored stones with no apparent value.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:1kns4ihs]Qez smiles when she offers him food from the feast that she produced with the wand. taking a small portion from everything the drow settles in to eat his meal and starts guiltily when the innkeeper reappears with all the items for their breakfast. He looks to the man and gives a small smile, [i:1kns4ihs][b:1kns4ihs]No matter how full I might get from this, there's alwys room for a good breakfast too.[/b:1kns4ihs][/i:1kns4ihs]

Hearing the innkeepers words about how he'll recharge her wand for such a low amount the drow male almost chokes on his food, taking a drink from a cup of water that he poured for himself from the offered feast he settles himself down and watches as raven begins to empty her travel pack and flushes a bit at the sight of the underwear, but gazes in interest at most of the rest of the stuff that she brings forth, especially the necklace with the family crest on it.[/color:1kns4ihs]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:2q49z72v]Unen: It charges the wands up to a total of fifty, so, for the feast wand, that's 47 charges times 20 gold per charge, that's 940 gp. for that one wand. Would you like a room, BTW?[/color:2q49z72v]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1cuqy30k]She picks out 4 of the wands and lays them down,
[t:1cuqy30k]"If you can give me one charge for each of these and I guess a room that would be good, as long as the guards dont come bursting in to arrest me."
[t:1cuqy30k]She laughs and lays down 9 platinum coins.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:1x6mz5gz]Unen: Thank you. And as for being arrested, nobody gets arrested in here, the city guard let's me take care of any troublemakers in my inn ;) . *recharges wands and hands them back*[/color:1x6mz5gz]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:38zixf9p]The nymaru says, almost defensively,
[t:38zixf9p]"Well Im not a trouble maker..not really..well maybe a little bit, but most people are not familiar with us and seem to think we are demons of some sort."
[t:38zixf9p]"However, I am no where near the trouble maker my many times great granny Josephina, or Joey as every one called her, was.She was a pirate , you see, and a lycanthrope, which was a most dangerous combination. She mostly stuck to pillaging merchant ships, but one night she took it upon herself to 'investigate' the home of a wealthy lord.During her 'investigation' she was caught by close to 20 of the lord's guards.
[t:38zixf9p]She changed form into the snow leapard she was and leaped out the closest window.The lady of the house saw the guards chasing her around the garden and stopped them.An animal collector of some sort this lady was, and when the guards tried to tell her that the ' cat' was trying to rob them, naturally she laughed at them."
[t:38zixf9p]"My poor granny ended up being trapped in a cage and sold on the black market. She excaped eventually but you can imagine she never 'investigated' the homes of any more wealthy lords."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:3kbc1ndr]Unen: *winces* "That couldn't have been fun. Don't worry, here you have to actually cause trouble on purpose to incur my wrath." ;) [/color:3kbc1ndr]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: Sorry, This will be a short post because I have very little time right now, but on monday I'll do it better, ok? ;) )

The door of the tavern opens suddenly and a small elf little girl comes in calmly. She wears a long, ragged cape that doesn't let anyone see what's under it. She has a walking staff that's 8 inches taller than she is. She's more less 4' or 4'5'' feet tall and quite slender. Her face's joung and her green, eager eyes show her short age of 50 years (OOC note: I think she looks like a 10 years old human girl?), her long, golden hair reaches under her waiste. She's pretty and very, very joung.

Out of the tavern she left her giant lizard.

"You stay there, Lizardo. I'll get you a place to sleep. Don't you go anywhere" she says to the lizard while crossing the enterance and closes the door behind her. She looks around and sees an empty table, where she seats and roams the room with her gaze, waiting for someone to take her order.

She sighs and relax