Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

The elf girl looks to Raven and then the tavern Owner and laughs

"Hehehe... I'm sure he'll love them, thanks :D. So... who's the first one to tell a tale? or should I start? I wouldn't mind... but some of my stories have some nasty things about lolthian clerics... unless you don't mind I could start."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:35lx2h6r]Raven laughs and claps her hands,
[t:35lx2h6r]"Oh, I adore nasty stories about Lolthian clerics. I just love hearing about those spider fuc..'
[t:35lx2h6r]She looks at the child and clears her throat loadly,
[t:35lx2h6r]"Fudgers get their comeuppance."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:2o3g3t79]Unen: *Raises one eyebrow and wags finger at Raven*[/color:2o3g3t79] :eek:
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

The door opens and a man wearing a strange scale mail which appears to made of platinum enters. His hair (and his eyes) are silver-colored A long black cloak goes down from his shoulders. A strange humming blade is sheathed at his belt. The most strange, however, is the miniature red dragon which sits at his shoulder.
"By the seven heavens, Shealzin, that was a nasty flight!" he says, apparently to the small dragon which purrs as a resonse.
"Hardly, I did the hard work. These damned winds from the Spine of the World are no child's play"
The little dragon emits a clicking sound.
"Coward? It is you who hang on to my cloak. If you feel urged to prove your bravery you can fly without hanging on to me next time"
The dragon bites the man playfully.
"Enough, time to get something to drink. What do you want? Water, milk?"
The little dragon purrs.
"Milk it is" says the man and walks to the bartender.
"Good evening my good man. I would like a pint of your best ale and perhaps some hot stew to go with it. Oh, and some milk for my little friend" he says and pats the dragon on its head.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:38di54x0]The young white haired woman immediatley pulls up the hood of her cloak when she sees someone entering. But when she sees him her head cocks and she peruses him deeply.
[t:38di54x0]She approaches the stranger and , rather rudely, takes a deep sniff of his shoulder,
[t:38di54x0]"Pardon me,'
[t:38di54x0]She says,
[t:38di54x0]"But you smell rather odd."
[t:38di54x0]When she speaks the hem of her cloak falls back slightly and you can see the tip of one white leathery wing.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:4aaijrum]Unen: *raises both eyebrows as the new patron enters his inn, and quikly gets the ale and hot stew for the man and a cup and suacer of milk for the miniature dragon, saying: "Good evening, and welcome." *raises eyebrows again at the spectacle of Raven smelling the newcomer*[/color:4aaijrum]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

"Thank you my good man" Lance says to the bartender. Lance puts the milk on the disk and the little dragon happily jumps down and start to drink. Lance then turns to Raven.
"Smells a little bit odd? Yes, perhaps I do. It depends on how good scent you have. My blood is a little bit...mixed with that of dragons. My mother was a silver dragon but unlike the half-dragons I have only inherited a small bit of draconic power but not the appearance. And I believe, my lady, that I am not the only one here with...strange bloodlines"
Lance motions at her wing and take a good sip of ale.
"Ah, my compliments!"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: Sorry for answering so late. I don't know where did all my free time go and my Fanfiction also requires an update)

The little elf girl laughs at Raven when she gets such an accurate answer

"He's right. In al my trips I've never seen anyone like you before, lol" I chuckle "Now, if you still want to listen, let me remember how it begins..." The little 50 years old elf girl thinks for a while while brushing her golden hair with her fingers.

"Oh, yes, it was the last time I saw the gladiators. They were 3: an elf, a dwarf, a huge, black human, darker than night, and there was another human too. He was at the service of the black, and as far as I know he was training to be a gladiator too. There was this warrior woman and a thief. There were some others as well, but they never did anything important. Well, I was wondering through the woods and I was hungry because It had been over a week since I left the last city I saw. To the north of the city there was a river and that was the direction me and Lizardo took, but we didn't have much food, and it was almost a miracle when I saw a rabbit, so I dismounted Lizardo and hoped he would follow me. I wanted to catch the hopping beast, but it hopped too fast and I could never catch him. Well, while I was chasing the..." the little girl trails off when she realices she was about to say a few bad words "the rabbit and I saw the bright of a firecamp with the tail of my eye, but I was too concentrated and wanted the rabbit at all coasts. I think the elf saw me first, because he grabbed my waist and told me to stop running and invited me to eat with him and his friends, so I did, but his friends were not very friendly and..." the little girl frowns "and they started saying to the elf why did he invite me, if he didn't know they had an important mission and I was going to delay them. The elf sayed he would take care of me and I wouldn't delay them, so I ate and spent the night there with them. When I woke up the next morning they were talking to this elf warrior woman. They wanted her to stay with them; they sayed they needed her services as a sword, but she didn't ant to stay, saying she was not going to fight side by side with humans and dwarves. I didn't see the reason. Personally my best friends were humans and dwarves, so I looked at her as she walked away and then I looked the faces of the fighters in the camp. [i:3h4vest9]"Do you really want her to stay here with you?"[/i:3h4vest9] I asked and they all nodded and sayed yes, that they had an important mission and needed all the help as possible. I told them I could help and they all laughed" At this point the little elf makes a deep voice, trying to imitate the voice of the black human " [i:3h4vest9]"How could a little girl like yourself help with big fights, this is no business for little girls"[/i:3h4vest9] " and now she continues with her regular, sweet voice "I grimaced at his statement. He didn't know I was exiled from my tribe for defending someone who had been unfairly accused of murder, but how could he know, right? I have been through a lot in my short life and had almost to raise myself, but I didn't do anything yet. I didn't say a word and runned after the warrior woman. I found her sitting in a branch of a tree, resting, and talked to her. I asked her why she didn't want to help the other men and she sayed [i:3h4vest9]"Just because I don't want to be treated as a sword for hire. I fight my own battles"[/i:3h4vest9] and asked her if she'd fight by my side and she sayed yes, but only if I wasn't with the men. In summary because she was lazy and feminist and I can't stand segregation, so I held my Corellon Laretian symbol in my right hand and put a spell of friendship on her. She thought I was her best friend and followed me, and when we reached the camp the black man saw us and muttered something like I was usefull for something after all. I didn't really like that, but I asked my new "friend" to help them and she sayed if it was for me she'd do it, lol... the face the black man did after that was unpayable... then I don't remember exactly what happened, but all the men started fighting and the females remained neutral. When the fight stopped the black man muttered something the rest didn't listen but I heard it clear as water: [i:3h4vest9]"All elves are so gay"[/i:3h4vest9] and that was it. I lost my mind. I got completely furious and asked him, trying to control my fury, I asked him [i:3h4vest9]"Oh, yes?" [/i:3h4vest9]and he sayed [i:3h4vest9]"Oh, yes" "Are you sure?" [/i:3h4vest9]I asked and he screamed at me [i:3h4vest9]"YES I'M SURE; ALL ELVES ARE GAY!"[/i:3h4vest9]. I remembered I made a spell of resistance to my club the day before and let my anger take over me. I hit the man so hard in the knees that he fell to the ground, unconscious. I think I broke his knee with one single blow and he was no weak man. The other human, who was watching... at this point of the fight everyone was watching... well, he sayed [i:3h4vest9]"How dare you hit my Master! I'll teach you!" [/i:3h4vest9]and he was going to hit me, but I didn't loose my balance and with the same anger I hitted his master I raised my club again and yelled [i:3h4vest9]"YES, WHY, DO YOU WANT SOME TOO!"[/i:3h4vest9] and what do you think? He immediately lowered his voice and whispered, almost crying like a girl [i:3h4vest9]"No, I was just asking"[/i:3h4vest9]. After that the dwarf and the elf looked at me with wide eyes and then between them and nodded. [i:3h4vest9]"She's definitely comming with us"[/i:3h4vest9] after that I looked at everyone, who were looking at me with their jaws opened, and without saying anything else I went to hel the fallen one. Only enough to heal his knee, not to bring him back to consciousness. I was not willing to take any more crap from him and was affraid I'd kill him next time he sayed more nonsense"

The little girl takes one more sip of her drink and another bite from her food and chews it carefully. After that she looks at the innkeeper "This tastes great, thanks!" and then she looks at everyone else, of the people who wanted to listen to her tale, and smiled "So... that's the history of me and my little stick" she pats the club, lying at one side of her chair "I have a few more if you want to listen, but for now I'd like to listen to one... what do you think?" she says, prowd of her deeds.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance smiles and claps his hands.
"Very good story. What do you think Shaelzin?"
The little dragon looks at the elven girl and purrs. Lance nods to Shaelzin and turns to the girl again.
"He says he liked it trough it didn't contain any dragons" Lance takes another sip of his ale.
"Ah, now, I have a fine story to tell if anyone is interested. It is a story which isn't finished yet but a marvelous story nonetheless. Now let me see..." Lance's voice take on a hypnotic tune and he starts to tell his story. Shaelzin stares intently at Lance, obviously this is a story which the little dragon likes.
"A long time a go in the remote glacier of icewind dale a change was coming. Orc, humans, dwarves and monster alike had warred since time immemorial. After a long devastating war against the orc clans the barbarians were scattered and leaderless. There were leaders for sure but none grand enough to assume the leadership of all the tribes. It seemed as if the doom of man was spelled as soon as the orcs had gathered strength. But from the south came a man, a master with spell and sword. Some say he had dragon blood in his veins but none can be sure. He traveled to the clans, one by one, defeated their chiefs in ritual combat and was soon declared the leader of all the tribes. The barbarians expected him to lead them in battle against the orcs but he had other plans. He sent emisaries to all the leaders worth mentioning: the orcs, the goblinoids, the giants, the dwarves, elves, salamanders, anything you can think of and proposed a meeting in the name of peace. His grand reputation made these leaders accept his offer and one by one they traveled to Kelvin's Cairn, a great mountain. No one knows what happened but they know that all these creatures were united in an alliance to forge Icewind dale into a region of prosperity, peace and strength. The man responsible was named the Frost Lord, king of the north, ruler of the glaciers. It is said that this kingdom existed for a hundred years before the Frost Lord died. And when a great leader falls without anyone to take his place chaos erupts. The alliance was soon broken and everything reverted back to the way it was before. But..."
Lance raises his voice a bit.
"...now comes the interesting part. Of all the taxes, spoils and treasures this kingdom gained each year the Frost Lord took one tenth and hid it in an unknown treasure vault. After a hundred years this becomes a great deal of money. But none has found this treasure altrough many has tried, myself among them, but all has failed. Those who has returned has spoken of bad weather, dangerous beasts and low temperatures. But the Frost Lord is said to have left clues leading to his treasure vault but still the treasure remains hidden in the claws of the glacier and it is still there for the taking if you are strong enough to brave the dangers of Icewind Dale...". With a melodramatic trembling of his voice Lance finishes his story.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2kj0hvze]Raven looks to the man as he finishes his tale,
[t:2kj0hvze]"So dragon man , who got cheated at birth a bit if i may say so myself. Will you be going after this treasure now?"
She smiles a bit flirtateously at you, and twirls a lock of her white hair around one finger. You can see that her fingers end in long sharp claws, and when she twirls the hair, her hood falls back just enough to see the white horns that protrude from her brow.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance smiles at Raven.
"Ah, you are indeed full of suprises. I am somewhat different to the half-dragons, some would say we are different races. Blood is a strange things, the draconic blood of the half-dragons is slightly more powerful than that of their other parent. My blood, however, is in balance. We call ourselves dragonborn and we are, in a way, the ambassadeurs of dragonkind. I am happy with the way I am and I would have it no other way as I am certain that you would not like to be anything other than what you are. The story of my race is a long and interesting one but I believe you asked about the treasure?"
He takes a sip of his ale.
"I was prepared, that I thought. I came with a strong company, crossed the Spine of the World and begun to research. I thought the answer would lie in the Castle of the Frost Lord but unfortunately the way there was blocked by orc clans. Thus we tried to take a detour trough a forest, a forest which proved to be cursed. Half our company was driven mad by the wailing spirits and the rest of us managed to get out of the story. After that we were suprised by a blizzard and had to take off to avoid being buried in the snow. Perhaps I will try to find the treasure again but not on my own. A treasure of that size is too well-hidden for a single person to find. A group with the blessings of the goddess may be able to find the treasure and perhaps I will try again one day. We'll see, won't we?"
Lance says and laughs a bit.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1b9z8ucw]Raven smiles and looks to the young girl behind her,
[t:1b9z8ucw]"What do you say kid? I think together we might be able to be of some assistance on this treasure hunting."
she turns back to the dragon born,
"As for races with a long story my own has a story as well. I am a nymaru, and the blood that runs through your veins runs in part through my own.
[t:1b9z8ucw]Some that know of us call us the mutts of faerun, for we are a strange hybrid type of thing with many bloodlines.'
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

"Then you are in good company, mixed bloodlines do not weaken, but strengthen. Nymaru?" Lance thinks a bit, trying to remember if he has heard about the race before.
"I am afraid I have not heard much about your people, not at all actually trough I am not suprised. Not many have heard of us dragonborn either. It is said that we were given a special purpose trough I do not known which purpose it is and I do not think anyone but the Dragon Council knows. But as I understand it there will, in the future, be a great task which we will need to acomplish. Well, any race have their share of prophesies, I guess"
He takes another sip of his ale, shaking the pint as it is starting to empty.
"Perhaps I could try finding the treasure again, perhaps. It is a very interesting thought, have you ever been in Icewind Dale?"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1sro58y5]"Truth be told , sir, this is my first time away from our homeland. But I plan on seeing as much of Faerun as i can before I am dragged back home."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Seing all the flirting between Lance and Raven and listening to Lance's tale the little girl sighed, maybe remembering something.

"Well, so you're a born of the dragon. You're the first one I actually see. One of the clerics told me that could happen, but I never actually believed him. He was senile in many ways." she smiled to Lance, hiding whatever's in her mind and heart with the picture she's seing between the born of the dragon "Your story's a good one, very epic too. mine's not that epic, but at my short age I can't ask for more" she chuckled and looked to Raven "I've been in some places too, and I have to go back to the port when I am 100, but for now I have nowhere to go so if anyone needs the services of a little cleric..." makes a pause "I'm here to serve"

Then she goes back to her meal and eats without hunger any more, like she lost her apetite.