Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Tavern o' Tales

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

*A warm and welcoming-looking tavern in the heart of Silverymoon has a placard hanging outside that says "The tavern to tell tales in: Biography Inn!". Inside, there are many items hung upon the walls, swords of lore, shields emblazoned with crests from one side of Faerun to the other, statues of heroes on pedestals among other things. At the bar is a smiling drow, presumably waiting for patrons to serve. There is a large stage at one endof the room, but it is empty at present.*
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Mon May 15, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=navy:bxe7316b][i:bxe7316b]A young drow male walks in and looks around, by all appearances, he shouldn't be out on his own yet, although he is, and he has many tales gelamin in his eyes. Some of these tales, he wishes to tell here at a place of telling tales.

Seeing that the tavern is empty at the moment, all except for the innkeep, he walks up to the drow male and places an order, also introducing himself to the male as well.[b:bxe7316b]Hello good sir, may I get a glass of fey wine please. My names Qez Veladorn, and I've come here to tell a few stories about my oldes brother Quel.[/b:bxe7316b]

He then sits back and wiats for the innkeep to get his drink and make friendly conversation in return.[/i:bxe7316b][/color:bxe7316b]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:1021vb9y]OOC: Finally! Somebody posted![/color:1021vb9y]

[color=olive:1021vb9y]IC: "Fey wine is it, sir? I don't get many orders for that, but I think I have some in this back cupboard." *goes to said cupboard and removes a bottle from the back* "Ah, I thought so. Here you go sir. Would you like something to go with that? I'm very interested in any tales tales you might have. As you can see, I'm not very busy at the moment."[/color:1021vb9y]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:2c2rn3zc] He nods and smiels to the mans offer of soemthing to go with that. [i:2c2rn3zc][b:2c2rn3zc]A bit of calamarri would go nice about now, I haven't had that since I left Skullport.[/b:2c2rn3zc][/i:2c2rn3zc]

He then sips his wine and begins to spin his web of tales about his older brother. [i:2c2rn3zc][b:2c2rn3zc]Back when I was just a wee tike, my brother Quel was just begining his adventuring days, having stayed at the Temple to help defend it against the raids of the Llolilithians and Vaeraunites. Now he was one to honor the Dark Maiden in every way, praying at all the right times, going out on the sacred hunts, defending those in need, all the edicts of a true follower.[/b:2c2rn3zc][/i:2c2rn3zc]

He takes another sip of his wine and continues his tale. [i:2c2rn3zc][b:2c2rn3zc]Auntie Que'lue decide at 252 years old, it was time for him to be out and about, so she took him to the portal, then off to Shadow Dale. Here he met up with most of his companions, one of them being our cousin, a Harper Scout Bard by the name of Raine Falconhand. NOw as I heard tell of it, Raine was raised by our Aunties' sister Storm. As for his other companion that he met at the gates end, it was a half wood-elf Ranger Wizard by the name of Cyrus Forrestsword. Now Cyrus wasn't much on drow, as he watched his half drow brother, I can't remember that mans name for the life of me, walk away from he and his mother at a tender young age, only to come back and destroy the village they were raised in at a later date. Well as I was saying, Cyrus not being fond of drow, he pulls out his hand axes and begins to advance on Quel. Well Raine steps between the two of them, and Auntie and miss Storm pace a holding spell of some sort on Cyrus, and Quel just stands there at the ready, not having moved at all. In the end, they get Cyrus calmed down enough that he just glares and watches Quel, waiting for him to make a wrong move as they head to Cyrus' masters tower back in Shadow Dale.[/b:2c2rn3zc][/i:2c2rn3zc]

He pauses here in his story to finish his cup of wine and wait for the innkeep to bring him his raw squid.[/color:2c2rn3zc]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:33dy1240]*Stares for a moment in incredulity at this (obviously) insane customer. Calamari? In Silverymoon? It was obvious this patron needed a map. It would take about two weeks of travel to reach the coast and by that time the squid would have gone bad. It could of course be dimensioned in with use of a wizard, but the cost would be enormous.* "I am sorry, sir, but we don't serve seafood in this inn. Perhaps some meat or vegetables?"[/color:33dy1240]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:5o5paf1c] Qez nods his head to the innkeeps offer of meats and vegetables, [i:5o5paf1c][b:5o5paf1c]I'd like some different fruits to go with that as well good sir.[/b:5o5paf1c][/i:5o5paf1c]

He then sits back and reflects for a moment, thinking of where he left off in his story. [i:5o5paf1c][b:5o5paf1c]Oh yes, now I remember. Auntie Que'lu went back home through the portal, wishing all good luck and safe travels as they rode off toward Shadow Dale. Once to the Master Wizards tower, they walked through a door in a tree, then climbd stairs for what seemed like ages, as the amount of stairs continually change each time someone enters. Once they were at the top, Quel met his first ever, and last I think Thayan wizard, who hapeened to be married to a Rashemi witch. Strange as this may sound, the wizard left Thay for this woman, and the witch left Rashemen for him. Their son was also in attendence, a young man by the name of Ja'kal, who happened to be a part of the party that was forming with my brother, cousin, and Cyrus, but Ja'kal was a full wizard unlike the half elf.[/b:5o5paf1c][/i:5o5paf1c]

Qez looks toward his cup, shich he thinks the innkeep has refilled, reaches out and takes a sip from it, either from what he had left, or from the full cup, then continues on with a bit more of his story.

[i:5o5paf1c][b:5o5paf1c]It was about an hour after the encounter with the man and his wife and son that the love of Quels' life entered the tower, being led by her older brothers. Now some may think this a bt strange, but the woman that entered was a Sun-Elf, the first of her kind that my brother had ever seen. I think it was this, aside from her astonishing beauty and pale skin that made my brother go head over heels almost immediately. He walked over and extended his hand to her. While she smiled, her brothers drew weapons, seeing the almost black hand reach out to greet her. Quel jumped back and said that he meant no harm in common, and in the movement his symbol fell from his neck, revealing who he was. Even though the brothers put their weapons away, they wouldn't let him get near her at all, even with the Dark Maidens symbol at his neck.[/b:5o5paf1c][/i:5o5paf1c]

At this point Qez stops and awaits the innkeep to bring the food that he was preparing for him, the fruits and vegetables at lest, as he doesn;t eat much meat unless freshly killed.[/color:5o5paf1c]
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:3ioip1tc]*Brings a dish of vegetables and meat and another of various assorted fruits. ((OOC: Whatever fruits you want Qhell.)) He sets them on the counter in front of Qez and refills the wine glass. Smiles, and waits for Qez to continue.*[/color:3ioip1tc]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The door to the tavern swings open, a figure walks in covered completely in a very large cloak. The figure is tall close to 7 feet and has to duck to enter the door, but still manages to knock their ( shoulder perhaps) upon the sill..
"ouch.." grunts a feminine sounding voice " never make these damn things big enough"
The woman walks over to the bar with a surprising grace for her size, the cloak makes her appear not just tall but wide.
She sits down and settles the cloak around her, hood drawn up completely covering her brow and all that can be seen of her is large green eyes and white skin. Her lips however are bright red, and stretch into a closed smile as she looks at the bartender.
" Can you get me something to eat? Meat, preferably, if fresh..."
She reaches into her pack now and pulls out a bottle and glass. What she pours however is strange looking and smells rather noxious. It is a thick blue liquid, that glops more than pours into her glass. But she drains it with a gusto, and smacks her lips.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:3mkgb5y3]Qez nods politley to the innkeeper [i:3mkgb5y3][b:3mkgb5y3]Thank you friend. It's been a while since I'va had anything but trail rations.[/b:3mkgb5y3][/i:3mkgb5y3] He sips at the wine again and carefully eats a few bites, savoring every morsel that passes his lips. After he's eaten about half of what was brought to him, Qez sips the wine again and continues on with his story.

[i:3mkgb5y3][b:3mkgb5y3]Once the group of five were formally introduced, and told that they would be travelling companion, my brother sat back in a corner and listened intently to what the two wizards, and the witch had to say, sa they were the ones giving the group their first quest.They were to travell to Cormathor, getting more information about their quest from there. Simple enough right? How wrong for any who thought that.

On their way from town, they ran into a half moom-elf named Talon Thunderblade, which will play a big part later in our story, and his dwarven companion, a cleric whose name I never learned. Now Cyrus and master Thunderblade were friends, kinda, as both men liked Raine, but she didn't like either at the moment(hmm, intrigue again).Well Cyrus and Talon talked for a bit, each having their own errands to run, then the group parted from the Thunderblade son and his companion.

A few uneventful days passed, then out of nowhere a group of Zentarim attacked them, nowing that Cyrus was a full fledged Harper, and that Raine was a scout. Things went well in the fight, till Ja'kal was stobbed with a poisonous bagger that kept leaching his life away. Unfortunately, at this time, no one had any scrolls, or spells powerful enough to counter the daggers effects, so the young mage passed on.[/b:3mkgb5y3][/i:3mkgb5y3]

At this point Qez stops in his story, a few honest tears trailing down his face, as he knows Ja'kal personally(he made a deal with Kelemvor and was allowed to run as a ghost for a while, then was granted a body when he helped Cyrus' son later in life.) Wiping the tears from his face, he looks over to the new comer, a female from the sound of her rich voice, and offers her a polite nod. He sits and collects himself for a moment, then fishes his meal, and sips at his wine.[/color:3mkgb5y3]

OoC: I had to stop there, for emotional value if nothing else.
Last edited by Qhell~Velladorn on Thu May 18, 2006 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The female looks down at him with her big, illuminous green eyes.
"Im sorry about your friend..." She says, her voice is very sweet, young even,
"My name is Raven..." She holds out a hand, the hand is gloved in thick leather, despite the heat of the tavern.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:2t340cu5]*Fresh meat? Unen thinks to himself. This must be a day for strange orders and customers, although, who am I to say such things or even think them, being a drow myself. He gives the newcomer a plate of meat. "Enjoy" he says with a waggle of his brows.[/color:2t340cu5]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Mmm..Thank you..." she says, taking her knife out to delicately cut her meal, before lifting it to her mouth for a bite," Just the way I like it, just kill it, cut off the horns, wipe its ass and throw it on my plate." As she eats, the bartender can see her teeth. Her top and bottom incisors are long and wickedly sharp.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:2l570pa9]*thinks to himself: I thought Silverymoon was mostly humans and light elves, not drow, and the gods know what else.*[/color:2l570pa9]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

" Nice place you got here..." says the woman after finishing her meal,
" I think I scared the crap outta your guards though," she giggles then, rather girlishly,
" So if they come bursting in here, you'll know why."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tavern o' Tales

[color=navy:1je8yiml]Qez smile as the woman introduces her self, returning the favor with his name [i:1je8yiml][b:1je8yiml]Qez Veladorn, Raven. It's a pleasure to meet one such as yourself.[/b:1je8yiml][/i:1je8yiml] Hearing what she says to the innkeeper as he brings her food out, he gives a bit of a hardy chuckle. [i:1je8yiml][b:1je8yiml]NOw where was I in my story.....Oh yes, now I remember.[/b:1je8yiml][/i:1je8yiml]

[i:1je8yiml][b:1je8yiml]After Ja'kal passed on, Quel invoked a prayer to the Dark Maiden for him, wishing him well on his journey in the afterlife. After this was done, it was decided that they take the body on to his parents in Waterdeep.(I think there was some sort of sustaining spell placed on him to keep him from deterorating.)
Before two days had passed though, Ja'kals' ghost returned to the companions to help them as he could, which was quite a bit, giving the powers that Kelemvor granted him for some reason.

From here the companions went on to Cormanthor, fighting many greuling battles along the way, and picking up some very handy magical items as well. Once inside the town, the group decided to take a small break, take a day off so to speak. While here, a mysterious man starting leaving Raine gifts of his affection, and they also picked up a new companion, a rogue I think.

After getting the information that was needed, they moved out at a brisk pace, loosing their rogue to a trap that he wasn't quick enough to detect. Poor man, he joined them only to be killed by a drow trap, stinking Veraunites. Quel once again said a prayer for a lost companion, and they gave him a decent burial in a grave marked by his rapier as a head stone.[/b:1je8yiml][/i:1je8yiml]

Qez pauses here and sips at his wine, listening to Raven tell the innkeeper about how she may have scared the guards.[/color:1je8yiml]