Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Magnus nearly recoils at ravens comment regarding his 'supposed' fiendish heritage and his mouth drops downward into a tight lipped smile. such a smile that indicates displeasure and obvious resentment. "Raven...darling i am not certain as to [i:8ehwcfm2]where[/i:8ehwcfm2] or [i:8ehwcfm2]how[/i:8ehwcfm2] you came to such a conclusion, but the fact does remain that you are my beloved...my wife and you know it." Goes to take her hand gently; his dark eyes piercing directly into her. By the look on magnus' face, and the way his body moves in a more sensual fashion it would seem as though he had [i:8ehwcfm2]different[/i:8ehwcfm2] and alternative plans in store for raven that evening.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's eyes went back and forth between the pair. Something very strange was going on here. The giant girl was either draconic or Teifing in nature, and obviously dreaded the presence of the Magus. Yet the Magus had a plainly blazing white core...to Adian's eyes, anyway. Had his Sight been decieved? Or was the girl in error? Some manner of deception was going on here...

He remained in place, but he kept his eyes on the unfolding drama. One of them was sure to tip their hand...one way or another.
Erelae
Maid
Maid

Post by Erelae »

[color=indigo:9olx1e2c]Soft warmth, one of the sensations Erelae has come to associate with trust and the rewards it can bring. She had returned to Katrán's side with her cloak draped over her shoulders, albeit more casually than when worn upon her initial entrance into this establishment, and found herself blinking in momentary surprise at the feeling of small arms wrapping around her waist. She was at first at a loss as how to react, her walls crashing down into rubble at the mere touch of this child that she barely knows. If not for her hood hiding most of her face, all present would be party to the glow that's entered her eyes, as even her shaded contacts aren't enough to block it out.

Her awkward moment passes quickly enough, the elven woman kneeling down to hug Katrán properly before she fully realizes that she's doing so. She forces herself to keep the embrace short, straightening to look down upon Katrán's face from the shadows cast upon her face from her cloak's hood. "I'm glad to have spared you such an inconveniance, my friend," she says softly, mostly to avoid attracting attention from the dramatic scene playing out nearby.

She can't help but smile as she witnesses Lilandra and Katrán exchanging a hug not long after, though her attention is split. Now that she feels 'safer', the soft folds of her cloak bolstering her confidence, she studies the sources of the voices she was listening to while 'tying up' the goons still blocking the door. '[i:9olx1e2c]Have those overpaid meatsacks not tried moving yet?[/i:9olx1e2c]' she wonders, swinging her gaze to the doorway. Apparently not.

Erelae grins at Lilandra's pointing out the location of her potion stash, though mostly such is inspired by the mentioning of the boils. She has yet to see a potion do that, but hey, there's always a first time! "Between the two of us, we have everyone taken care of, then," she replies as quietly as before, mentally reviewing a list of items she has stashed in her pockets.

She is less surprised at Raven's appearance than the others, though for how stoic everyone else has managed to seem it hardly matters. She wondered what the woman had been hiding, and now she knows a part of it. '[i:9olx1e2c]Not the whole story, of course,[/i:9olx1e2c]' she muses as she studies the man Raven has labled a 'demon', '[i:9olx1e2c]He must play the male lead in this little show. If he is what she says he is, then he's damn good at hiding it. My Eyes show him to be nothing more than an overally snooty, though likely powerful, elf. How she can tell is beyond me.[/i:9olx1e2c]'

She doesn't know enough to get directly involved, but her appetite to learn more has been wetted. This Raven may be of demonic or draconic descent, but if she is going to be held against her will, it's not in Erelae's frame of mind to let such happen for long. Adian's darting eyes catch her attention then, as they tell her that he too is not comfortable with how this is proceeding. She dismisses her instinctual tendency to take the time to absorb every detail of the one she is looking at, retaining as much as possible that a glance favors her memory. A more primal side whispers that he is attractive, and she dismisses it with a narrowing of her eyes.

Wait ... Was that how the other could tell ... ? Perhaps. Her focus is back on the gloating Magnus, taking in the details of his face from the relative safety under the brim of her hood. Every feature is perfect, as if carved from the whitest of marble. The fact that his lips are curled up smugly perverts that perfection, sharpening it into a cold blade that plunges into and twists her guts. Her fingers twitch, and she can practically hear the enticing thrum of her bow's string after she's loosed an arrow in this perverse mockery's direction. '[i:9olx1e2c]Goddess, please ... Give me the wisdom to be calm,[/i:9olx1e2c]' she prays, keeping her eyes trained on the one she is apalled by. Slowly, the feeling passes, draining from her in small ripples of released revulsion.

She is disgusted, more at herself than this man who evoked such a response from her. Where had that come from? Had he done it intentionally? ... No, she doubts it. It had come from within, a dark place in her soul. She closes her eyes and lets out a soft breath, taking a step closer to Lilandra and Katrán. May she never feel that way again.[/color:9olx1e2c]
''Dance in Shadow, my child, my dear.
Pretend the Light was never here.
Dance in Shadow, my love, my song.
Sword and Shadow, these make you strong
.''
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Katran looks at Lilandra and nods her head, then lifts a small pouch with some red fruits in it.

"Yes, besides I still have a bag full of gooy bays" and chuckles lightly, then listens raven saying the one called Magnus is a glabrezu and looks at her concerned without saying what to say or do.

She looks around her and smirks.

"Girls..." she whispers so softly that only Lilandra and Erelae, who didn't reject her hug immediately, so Katran can think she liked it "My old teacher had a saying. "You atract more flyes with honey". Why not see if I can attract any fly here?" then she squeezes Erelae's had and smiles at her "I'll be back soon"

She leaves her club over the table where she was eating and approaches to Magnus as silently as her light weight allows her, with no fear, thinking if something happens she'll be brave enough to face it, and softly graces his hand, the one that was holding the hilt of the big sword previously. A touch that's barely enough to catch his attention while she looks up at him. With her almost 4 feet height she needs to look up to see the man's face, and smiles wide, cheerfull and innocently.

"Magnus, right?" she says with her childish voice "Do you really have to take her now? I mean, look around you. This is a tavern, a place to have fun. Why don't you stay for a while? perhaps you could have fun for a while with us, share stories, eat, drink" and she points to the table where a glass of milk's still half full "and then perhaps we can all have fun together and then you leave if you want, ok?" and she sayed all this without taking her eyes off this person that Raven called a Glabrezu. She never saw a demon before but she didn't think a demon would behave this way. She thought Demons were more agressive and didn't stop for anything, besides if he's really a Demon her touch will hurt him.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3a1whllt]"I told you I would go with you, Magnus. I do not wish to see innocents slaughtered in this battle. As for how I know, like calls to like does it not. The guise you have taken and the souls you have ingested may fool many but I know what you are and what you have done."
[t:3a1whllt]Raven weeps again, as she says,
[t:3a1whllt]" You have eaten the soul of my true life mate and taken his form haven't you, you bast@&#?"
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

As Lance observes the conversation he mutters to Shaelzin under his breath.
"Something stinks here, doesn't it?"
In a serious tone Shaelzin chirps something back at him.
"You are right, of course it is the right thing to do. After all I am a paladin and neither Bahamut nor Eilistraee would approve of me sitting idle while a woman is dragged away against her will"
Lance steps down from his chair and simultaneously draws the Dragonsong Blade. A soft melody of song fills the tavern and the dragon patterns on the blade begins to glow, and move as if dancing.
"Magnus, id that is your name. You come here with your thugs and wishes to take this woman away against her will. Be it as it may but I can not allow this to pass. If you are a fiend then I will send you back to the hells that spawned you!"
He looks at Raven.
"I am sorry, Raven, but this is my task. If I stand idle now my oaths are for naught. If he truly is what you suggest my entire being calls out to banish him from this place"
"ith a hardened look at his face Lance turns to Magnus again.
"This is the Dragonsong Blade, fiend. Forged by Bahamut the platinum dragon on the slopes of celestia it was made to battle creatures such as you and as his vassal I will now utilize its powers!"
With that said Lance rams the blade in the ground, channeling divine energy trough it. The blade's quiet song becomes a roaring aria, strengthening the hope and resolve of good creatures an, more importantly, wrecking the hopes and souls of those spawned in the lower planes.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Stand down!" Adian barked, his young voice cracking suddenly like a whip. "At this moment we do not know who is what. You may be preparing to strike an innocent man. Put up your sword, warrior, and instead seek the truth!"

Adian stepped forward again and pulled the mask from his face. His black skin, silvery hair and golden eyes left no doubt to his nature. At his throat was a necklace with the image of Elistraee's symbol, a match for the mark on his own sword. His face was that of a youth, only just approaching the gate of adulthood.

"There shall be no battle here unless there is no other choice, warrior...Magus. Lady Raven, please remain here. If he is innocent, then he can wait. If he is not, there are enough of us here touched by the Dark Lady that he cannot possibly defeat us.

"This is getting dangerously out of hand, gentlefolk. Stand down, and allow us to determine the truth."
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance subsides his channeling of divine energy briefly so that he can answer Adian.
"I do not strike, friend. The Dragonsong do not harm those who aren't spawned in the lower planes. The blade sees trough any disguise and if he isn't of evil intent it will not harm him. Besides the Dragonsong do not kill but merely incapacitates those who are struck by it. But you are obviously right, my friend. I was acting rashly and my actions may have seemed agressive. The truth can be found in other ways, of that I am sure"
Lance ceases channeling the divine energy and the blade's song fades to its quiet tune again. Still uncomfortable to fiends but not potentially harmful. Lance sheathes his sword.
"You are obviously right, it is apparent lady Raven doesn't want to go. He may be of fiendish orgin but on the other hand it may be a misstake. But there is a simple way to discern the truth in a nonviolent way. All paladins have the ability to detect those of evil heart. If he is indeed lady Raven's life mate he is not evil. I he is evil on the other hand..."
Lance streches out his arm and reaches out with his mind, calling on his god-given ability to discern the face of evil. He streches out at Magnus and waits for the spell to take effect.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Sabaal":245dojhd]Katran looks at Lilandra and nods her head, then lifts a small pouch with some red fruits in it.

"Yes, besides I still have a bag full of gooy bays" and chuckles lightly, then listens raven saying the one called Magnus is a glabrezu and looks at her concerned without saying what to say or do.

She looks around her and smirks.

"Girls..." she whispers so softly that only Lilandra and Erelae, who didn't reject her hug immediately, so Katran can think she liked it "My old teacher had a saying. "You atract more flyes with honey". Why not see if I can attract any fly here?" then she squeezes Erelae's had and smiles at her "I'll be back soon"

She leaves her club over the table where she was eating and approaches to Magnus as silently as her light weight allows her, with no fear, thinking if something happens she'll be brave enough to face it, and softly graces his hand, the one that was holding the hilt of the big sword previously. A touch that's barely enough to catch his attention while she looks up at him. With her almost 4 feet height she needs to look up to see the man's face, and smiles wide, cheerfull and innocently.

"Magnus, right?" she says with her childish voice "Do you really have to take her now? I mean, look around you. This is a tavern, a place to have fun. Why don't you stay for a while? perhaps you could have fun for a while with us, share stories, eat, drink" and she points to the table where a glass of milk's still half full "and then perhaps we can all have fun together and then you leave if you want, ok?" and she sayed all this without taking her eyes off this person that Raven called a Glabrezu. She never saw a demon before but she didn't think a demon would behave this way. She thought Demons were more agressive and didn't stop for anything, besides if he's really a Demon her touch will hurt him.[/quote:245dojhd]

Magnus turns to face the young woman: "A tavern this is indeed, but her Father has requested her back upon the isle. I, being a high lord and prince to cormyr would not ever resind the request of the male consort of the queen of faerun dear one." With that his hand gently caresses her face, his eyes gleen deeply into her soul.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Nedylene":2nw2ma78][t:2nw2ma78]"I told you I would go with you, Magnus. I do not wish to see innocents slaughtered in this battle. As for how I know, like calls to like does it not. The guise you have taken and the souls you have ingested may fool many but I know what you are and what you have done."
[t:2nw2ma78]Raven weeps again, as she says,
[t:2nw2ma78]" You have eaten the soul of my true life mate and taken his form haven't you, you bast@&#?"[/quote:2nw2ma78]

Magnus looks absolutely appalled at ravens comments, his face gaining a reddish tone due to anger and near rage. Closing his eyes for a moment magnus seems to be regaining control over himself, when he opens his eyes a single tear falls from his left eye. In a nearly choked voice replies: "I...I can...can not believe you would ever say such a thing! I know that the situation is not favorable to you...i guess i never really thought of it from your perspective." Magnus' face droops, as another tear falls to the ground.
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Lance":3f9f50y0]As Lance observes the conversation he mutters to Shaelzin under his breath.
"Something stinks here, doesn't it?"
In a serious tone Shaelzin chirps something back at him.
"You are right, of course it is the right thing to do. After all I am a paladin and neither Bahamut nor Eilistraee would approve of me sitting idle while a woman is dragged away against her will"
Lance steps down from his chair and simultaneously draws the Dragonsong Blade. A soft melody of song fills the tavern and the dragon patterns on the blade begins to glow, and move as if dancing.
"Magnus, id that is your name. You come here with your thugs and wishes to take this woman away against her will. Be it as it may but I can not allow this to pass. If you are a fiend then I will send you back to the hells that spawned you!"
He looks at Raven.
"I am sorry, Raven, but this is my task. If I stand idle now my oaths are for naught. If he truly is what you suggest my entire being calls out to banish him from this place"
"ith a hardened look at his face Lance turns to Magnus again.
"This is the Dragonsong Blade, fiend. Forged by Bahamut the platinum dragon on the slopes of celestia it was made to battle creatures such as you and as his vassal I will now utilize its powers!"
With that said Lance rams the blade in the ground, channeling divine energy trough it. The blade's quiet song becomes a roaring aria, strengthening the hope and resolve of good creatures an, more importantly, wrecking the hopes and souls of those spawned in the lower planes.[/quote:3f9f50y0]

Magnus faces Lance, his sadness replaced by surprise. "Oh my, a paladin and a dragon disciple eh? My goodness...eilistraee would be most unpleased and saddened to no end should you attempt to shed my blood on this floor." Magnus draws his beautiful and obviously enchanted sword and throws it to the floor at the feet of lance. "There, my only weapon aside from my own fists...and considering your armaments i'd likely be able to do nothing to you. So go ahead and strike...in the end it shall be your Goddess' Grace that you shall lose." Looking adamantly at the man who wishes to strike magnus down he continues: "Eilistraee espouses freedom of will, i have taken nothing of the sort from raven dear sir. But you...now you shall be taking My freedom of will won't you?" Magnus face is cold, and calculating and it seems as though he is preparing a strategy should Lance go to strike him.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:kayqxhsd]Unen:*casts detect evil, and protection from evil 50-radius, snaps fingers and several of the suits of armor lining the wall come to life, attempting to separate everyone, without harming them* "Don't start a brawl, any of you." *glares at everyone, becomeing more and more annoyed* "I don't like pure demons or devils in my tavern. Especially glabrezus. Leave now, or sit down." he says in a quiet but sharp and hard voice.[/color:kayqxhsd]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Lance":1te5c5e7]Lance subsides his channeling of divine energy briefly so that he can answer Adian.
"I do not strike, friend. The Dragonsong do not harm those who aren't spawned in the lower planes. The blade sees trough any disguise and if he isn't of evil intent it will not harm him. Besides the Dragonsong do not kill but merely incapacitates those who are struck by it. But you are obviously right, my friend. I was acting rashly and my actions may have seemed agressive. The truth can be found in other ways, of that I am sure"
Lance ceases channeling the divine energy and the blade's song fades to its quiet tune again. Still uncomfortable to fiends but not potentially harmful. Lance sheathes his sword.
"You are obviously right, it is apparent lady Raven doesn't want to go. He may be of fiendish orgin but on the other hand it may be a misstake. But there is a simple way to discern the truth in a nonviolent way. All paladins have the ability to detect those of evil heart. If he is indeed lady Raven's life mate he is not evil. I he is evil on the other hand..."
Lance streches out his arm and reaches out with his mind, calling on his god-given ability to discern the face of evil. He streches out at Magnus and waits for the spell to take effect.[/quote:1te5c5e7]

As you reach out to discern the demeanor of magnus, it seems quite plainly obvious that he is not evil at all. In fact you do notice a brilliant flash of white light that pushes towards your mind. Within seconds you have to shake your head from the dazzling light. Magnus looks at you quizzically: "excuse me? using some of your 'divine' abilities are we? Strange how the Good of heart seem to feel as though they can use these abilities without asking..."Magnus chuckles low, and caustically. Magnus sighs deeply; " I suppose we could indeed stay for awhile dear lady raven..." Magnus smiles wickedly, as if his very smile could sunder the greatest shields.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:23joodo3]Raven lifts her head proudly, and looks Magnus in the eye,
[t:23joodo3]"I say you are a coward , sir. I know what you are and your spells will not hold for long. Show your true face, demon. "
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:l7qbv7om]OOC: You could have used magic resistance, you know.[/color:l7qbv7om]

IC:

[color=olive:l7qbv7om]Unen: If there is a dispute, you can take it downstairs to the arena. I have the key right here. *holds up big, clunky key*[/color:l7qbv7om]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination