Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Enough of this," Adian barked. Sadly, his young voice made his bark sound a little more like a yip. "Lady Raven, perhaps you could tell us what makes you believe that this man is a demon in disguise. This man does not have the reek of the lower planes. I know it well."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2qpr4hfw]Still watching the man called Magnus she says,
[t:2qpr4hfw]" Someone..just told me, and now I see him as he is. The soul he has swallowed, and whose skin he stole may throw off your observations, but he cannot hold it much longer. He will lose his disguise soon, and I fear what he may do then. But then..."
[t:2qpr4hfw]Her eyes never leave those of the one she calls a demon as she reaches into her pack ,
[t:2qpr4hfw]"I don't think I thanked you properly, bartender, for the discount on the wand recharges. "
[t:2qpr4hfw]She pulls out a wand from her pack, and holds it out with hands that have left their tremor. The magic word flows from her tongue, and light shoots out from the wand , surrounding the demon,
[t:2qpr4hfw]"Show yourself, Tanar'ri ! As you truly are!"

ooc...wand of greater dispelling caster level 12 dc 20
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Nedylene":39hve7so][t:39hve7so]Still watching the man called Magnus she says,
[t:39hve7so]" Someone..just told me, and now I see him as he is. The soul he has swallowed, and whose skin he stole may throw off your observations, but he cannot hold it much longer. He will lose his disguise soon, and I fear what he may do then. But then..."
[t:39hve7so]Her eyes never leave those of the one she calls a demon as she reaches into her pack ,
[t:39hve7so]"I don't think I thanked you properly, bartender, for the discount on the wand recharges. "
[t:39hve7so]She pulls out a wand from her pack, and holds it out with hands that have left their tremor. The magic word flows from her tongue, and light shoots out from the wand , surrounding the demon,
[t:39hve7so]"Show yourself, Tanar'ri ! As you truly are!"

ooc...wand of greater dispelling caster level 12 dc 20[/quote:39hve7so]

(ooc: rolling for spell resistance: PC succeeded at overcoming SR, Will save VS DC 20 = success ! 19 )

As raven showers forth the magical unbinding of her wand it wraps around 'magnus' and the very form he once wore is wiped clean. Before all in the tavern is a humongus Tamar'ri of roughly 15 feet tall, and nearly 4 feet wide. extending from his sides are four arms, two humanoid arms with wickedly sharp ebon claws, the other two arms are extremely muscular ebon pincers that clack as the tanar'ri drips vile venom from the wickedly toothy grin on its face. Similar to that of a hellhounds face with violet eyes that seem to almost steam in the cooler air around. Its skin is a strange coloration of black and a deep russet brown. In a very grotesquely spoken form of common the glaberazu laughs as it says:
"Well done mortal, but you see the man known magnus has never really been and now as we speak the Red wizards are invading the capital of Cormyr enmasse. Magnus, the man...was but a bit part of the fuel that enabled such a ruse dear." Seeing the incensed raven his grin grows wider: " My sweet darling, if you so desire here he is...or what is left of him...." The tanar'ri throws down a blackened crystal to the floor. Your senses tell you that at one time there may have been something within, but now the soul that was within is mainly but a husk.

The tanar'ri whirls his hands in a fashion most know to be as magic. ( spellcraft DC: 22 to figure out what spell it is to dispel it or to dispel it outright )
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's cloak suddenly collapsed as the young dark elf seemed to vanish from beneath it. The weapon that was on his back was now in hand in a single smooth motion. With agility born of his elven blood and the gifts of his goddess, Adian rushed the foul monster. His bastard sword seemed to flicker with silvery light as he closed with the thing.

"[i:1wxdmthi]For the Lady![/i:1wxdmthi] Adian shouted, trying to distract the monster before it could complete its spell. His golden eyes seemed to flare as he drove the sword at the beast's side...

(Rolled a 17 +2 for Str, +2 for the weapon, +1 for the level...22. Weapon will do Holy damage when it strikes...)
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Adian Novar":24o5dpu3]Adian's cloak suddenly collapsed as the young dark elf seemed to vanish from beneath it. The weapon that was on his back was now in hand in a single smooth motion. With agility born of his elven blood and the gifts of his goddess, Adian rushed the foul monster. His bastard sword seemed to flicker with silvery light as he closed with the thing.

"[i:24o5dpu3]For the Lady![/i:24o5dpu3] Adian shouted, trying to distract the monster before it could complete its spell. His golden eyes seemed to flare as he drove the sword at the beast's side...

(Rolled a 17 +2 for Str, +2 for the weapon, +1 for the level...22. Weapon will do Holy damage when it strikes...)[/quote:24o5dpu3]

ooc: i guess nedelyne wants this to be done elsewhere, but this really isn't going to be a drop out dead type of fight. This will probably be the only 'action' so to speak within the tavern. worry not.....you all have NOT seen the last of "magnus".)

As your blade strikes hard into the demons hide it roars fiercely ( all save VS fear will DC 22 ). In a most heinous voice points to adian and raven screaming "This is but a mere taste of my true power! Cormyr shall fall without an heir to the Red Wizards and I...I shall go to fetch what was promised me by Szass Tam !" Roaring defiantly at most everyones blades as they are bluntly halted on the demons hide, with the exception of adians blade that cuts a nasty swath into the demons hide. With a gesture of its twisted fingers, a strange arc of energy whirls around the demon and he is gone. ( cast contingency: gets wounded ='s teleport without error spell )
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

With the Dragon Blade poised to strike Lance curses as the fiend escapes.
"Bahamut's platinum scales! I knew there was something wrong about him but why couldn't I detect his evil? Strange..."
Lance pulls up a large coin of some sort from his cloak. One side of the coin is made of platinum and carries the symbol of Bahamut, the other side is made of obsidian and carries the familiar symbol of a nude dark elf dancing in the moonlight with a bastard sword. Lance puts the coin on the floor where the demon was standing. After a moment of hesiation he puts the side with Bahamut's symbol on top. The coin glows softly and the platinum light slowly turns to crimson red. Lance picks up the coin again and puts it in his cloak.
"A fiend alright and a strong one on top of it. The coin is never misstaken. Lady Raven, it seems you were right. He was a fiend after all, damn him for escaping! But he will see me again, and that time he will not be able to escape. If you would like my help I will be happy to oblige but if you wish to face him alone I will not interfere, should you desire it of course"
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Katran'a face goes pale as she has the most uncomfortable sensation, but feels that she cannot move and looks at the scene from the very close point of view of being still at the side of the one called Magnus.

Once he starts the transformation she stumbles and steps back untill she reaches a table. Seing everything that's going on her expression changes and takes out her Corellon Laretian holy symbol and starts praying in a lowd voice, and approaches some, trying to smyte evil. It seems that noone has felt the protection against evil that Unen casted a few moments ago.

Holding the symbol in one hand for the demon to see it, she grabs her walking stick, that's longer than her height. For the spells she casts upon it once a week it acts as a magickal and holy weapon.

" I think we really should take this to the Arena... NOW!" she says, more as an order than a suggestion.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian found himself driven to his knees by the soul-chilling scream of the demon. Images of tunnels, hunters, driders, and worse filled his mind. Memories of terror and weeks of near-panic threatened to overwhelm him. He was drowning in his own memories of days not long past.

The words of the fleeing demon echoed in his head and for a few seconds he quailed at the sound. Mere moments later the thing was gone. The terrible fear that the thing had invoked began to fade until he was able to see where he was: On his knees, blazing sword in hand, breathing hard and tears streaming down his cheeks.

He had thought he had put it all behind him. But with a simple scream the wretched thing had bought it all back.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:wif9why0]Raven simply crumbles to her knees.
[t:wif9why0]"It was all a trap, a ploy, and I fell right into it. He wasn't even after me, I was simply a distraction. "
[t:wif9why0]She rans a clawed hand through her long white hair, as she speaks, her voice is soft, only those nearest to her can hear her at all.
[t:wif9why0]She stands up with the same resolution she showed when she had drawn her wand at the demon.
[t:wif9why0]" I am sorry to have endangered you all."
[t:wif9why0]she says this time her voice is louder and carries through to all the patrons of the tavern.
[t:wif9why0]"My parents have long considered me childish, impulsive and reckless. Now it seems my actions have effected more than myself. I must go home and tell my parents and my sister what this demon plans to do. They will probably not let me out of the house again until Im 500, but I suppose I deserve it. Thanks for a bit of fun everyone."
[t:wif9why0]Raven gathers up her pack and prepares to leave.
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Shaelzin, still petched upon Lance's shoulder, looks at Raven and then begins to chirp and hiss as he "jumps" up and down. Lance looks confused at the little dragon.
"Shaelzin, perhaps you would like me to translate that?"
The pseudodragon purrs.
"Very well. Lady Raven, Shaelzin said that the best thing to do would be to take care of this demon yourself instead of being locked up. He did, of course, include several insults of your logic but then he isn't well versed in the ways of non-dragons. To some part I agree with him, Raven. Even if you carry some amount of responsibility for this the most responsible would be to solve it, or attempt to solve it, instead of loading that responsibility on someone else's shoulders. Now I don not know much about the Nymaru but if your family considers you to be childish wouldn't the best way to prove them wrong be to deal with this situation without involving them?"
Shalezin purrs in approval and chirps something.
"And Shaelzin just said that you were very brave to stand up tp that demon and he didn't see why such a brave woman would not face the fiend again. You are not alone Raven, you have friends. I for one would gladly help you if you wish it but again it is your decision. You will do what you feel is best but I truly believe that the wisest course of action would be to deal with this fiend yourself instead of involving your family"
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:19k2d3fo]Unen: "You're still welcome [i:19k2d3fo]here[/i:19k2d3fo] Raven. (in a pleading voice) Just please don't destroy my tavern again!" *Snaps his fingers and the golems about the room start to clean up the mess.* "If someone you don't like comes in, just take it to the arena! You can blow the hells out of each other there! There's a large resilient sphere spell around the arena so the battle won't affect the outside world."[/color:19k2d3fo]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: Sorry, I don't get it, did the demon leave?)
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[quote="Lance":14sl2gaa]
"And Shaelzin just said that you were very brave to stand up tp that demon and he didn't see why such a brave woman would not face the fiend again. You are not alone Raven, you have friends. I for one would gladly help you if you wish it but again it is your decision. You will do what you feel is best but I truly believe that the wisest course of action would be to deal with this fiend yourself instead of involving your family"[/quote:14sl2gaa]

[t:14sl2gaa]Raven looks at the little dragon and his owner and replies in perfect draconic, an odd sound to hear coming from what appears to be a normal humanoid throat.
[t:14sl2gaa]"It is not so easy as that , sir. Did you not hear what the demon said? I am not simply dealing with one demon, but a demon allied with the red wizards of Thay, and they are probably attacking Kormyr as we speak. He did this to distract my parents and is probably behind some...other problems at home, in an attempt to distract my family from the problems in the outside world.Kormyr needs my parents armies, far more than I need my freedom."
[t:14sl2gaa]She smiles at the man she is speaking too, a smile full of promise.
[t:14sl2gaa]"Maybe we will meet again some day, dragon man."
[t:14sl2gaa]She opens the door and steps out, unfolding her wings in the doorway. With a running leap, she is airborne, and soon nothing more than a speck in the sky.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:1gaz6ck2]Unen: "Damn. I hate it when demons drive away my customers."[/color:1gaz6ck2]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lance looks after Raven and turns to Shaelzin.
"You understand what this means, Shalezin? As I recall Axzandra is in Cormyr studying something and if a war is coming..."
Lance draws his hand trough his hair and takes up his dual holy symbol which hangs around his neck.
"For once I find both my faiths to be in total agreement. If Raven's parents will bring their forces to help Cormyr so will I. Shaelzin, report to the Dragon Council and meet me at Citadel Dragonmar, you know the way. I have to rally my own troops"
Lance turns to the others.
"I am sorry, my friends, but it seems the wheels of fate turn without caring about me. As it seems I have more pressing matters in Cormyr but I will be sure to return to this fine establishment whenever I have the chance. Thank you for you kind treatment, sir Stealthfoot and farewell everyone, for now"
With that Lance turns around, walks out the street and activates the magic of his cloak. He accelerates upwards and turns to the south flying towards Amn and his own citadel.