Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Magnus takes clear into consideration his actions, but does not seem to deviate from moving towards raven. "Raven, you know as well as i do that your life mate pendant glows for no other than I. Please come with me." Glaring harshly at the others who seem to be pushing themselves into and between her and him. Magnus gestures that raven come along, and says to the other people who have taken notice and action. "Excuse me, but she IS my fiancee and i have come to claim her. Everyone please move aside..." Before magnus can get more words out one of his men nearest blerts out "If i were you all ( gesturing to the people around raven and near her ) i'd back off. And its Lord magnus Azoun VI of the royal court of Cormyr, so move off common folk!" Magnus glares at his dim witted and hired warrior with such disdain that it would seem as though lightning bolts were going to fly right out of his eyes and incinerate the dumb warrior.

"Raven, there is no need for hostilities here, you do know how this works. Stop being so childish and come along. I am not so terrible am i?"
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:24k6o5p6]Raven glowers, and shoves both of her hands in her pocket, her expression is sulky and rather childish looking.
[t:24k6o5p6]" I will not be locked away on that island to rot . I will not be some man's brood mare, barefoot and pregnant all the time. I know my duty, my lord, I just.."
[t:24k6o5p6]The tears she has been fighting to hide are now trickling, uncontrollably down her cheeks.
[t:24k6o5p6]"I just wanted to live a little. Is that to much to ask?"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Fiance or not, royalty or not," the small figure said quietly. "She has refused. To force her would be kidnapping. Perhaps if you had taken a more reasonable tone when you first arrived this situation might have not arisen.

"Perhaps it might be best to withdraw for now, before tempers flare too greatly," he added in a more calming tone. "You know she is in this city, and surely you can find her another time...after everyone has calmed themselves, and without the hired help."

He glanced at the thugs cirtically.

"Honestly, perhaps you should have been a bit more selective."
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Magnus' expression changes to one of compassion, and says in a lower tone. "Raven, i have NO desire to make you these things...but rather i'd like to have you travel with me. There are some things i have yet to understand...and there are some things that we...as man and wife need to learn together. But know this; i do come mainly on the reason that your parents, particularly your mother wishes you to be well educated in the ways of the world. So she sided with me as far as the whole traveling thing goes." Holds tightly to the sword on his left side, awaiting any combatants.

"Raven, i never would want to cage you...as i said, we have much to learn of the world...together."
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:1vw8po7j]OOC: Please, slow down your posts! Let me post once a page! sorry i'm late in answering BTW.[/color:1vw8po7j]

IC:[color=olive:1vw8po7j]Unen: *has been catering to all of the newcomers' needs* "You are safe here, Raven." (in a harder voice) "No one can or shall harm you." (to new guy and his thugs) "Nothing shall force her to do what she doesn't want to do. No disturbances, please." *Raises hands in preparation for a magical gesture*[/color:1vw8po7j]

OOC:I'm powerplaying in this forum BTW. Don't start a fight unless you can defeat golems, wards, contingencies, sequencers, and en epic monk/wizard/bard. Then you can be innkeeper.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

After asking for a hug and seing the rest of the scene, the little elf bites her lower lip and, saying nothing, puts her hand in her club, ready to fight if needed, but only if needed.

"Not my intention to get in the way, but if you try to take her without her permission I'll fight you too, ok? so better get to an agreement because in spite of my short age I'm not someone to be taken lighty as well and I don't want to fight if not really necessary." and nods to Unen.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:9np95lbf]Unen: If anyone does any fighting it will be me. *scowles at everyone in the room*[/color:9np95lbf]
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Erelae
Maid
Maid

Post by Erelae »

[color=indigo:3jn8rr8y]She couldn't of asked for a more ample distraction. At this point she's half convinced that even if she tried to goose one of the guards, they'd think one of the protective tavern folk had done it by magical means. '[i:3jn8rr8y]Now, now, let's not get overally confident,[/i:3jn8rr8y]' she mentally admonishes herself, '[i:3jn8rr8y]Concentrate, and get this done quickly.[/i:3jn8rr8y]'

Many things are said as the shadowdancer works on finishing the last of her knots. Katrán's words in particular make the barriers Erelae keeps erected around her heart teeter. She feels that no one should have to go through so much at such a young age, and unconciously vows to try and improve the little girl's life in some way. Too bad she wasn't available for that asked for hug, as it's been a while since she has accepted such a gesture from anyone. It would of felt nice.

The calm male voice has gotten closer to the door, which tells her that her guess that he will get physically involved if necessary is correct. He sounds younger than before, but determined as well as experienced. An interesting gathering of qualities, one which she is all too familiar. Well, at least he's trying to cool things down, unlike what the individual she's thinking of would be doing right now ...

There, done. '[i:3jn8rr8y]About damn time, too,[/i:3jn8rr8y]' is her mental assessment of her work. She slips away from the scene that is fast building inside the tavern as the innkeeper himself finally speaks up. '[i:3jn8rr8y]What has he been doing, anyway? Day dreaming?[/i:3jn8rr8y]' she grumbles in her head as she presses up against the side of the building, '[i:3jn8rr8y]If Katrán gets herself involved, she'll be killed, if not jailed.[/i:3jn8rr8y]'

She imagines the dark corner of the tavern that she escaped from before, the shadowed wall that she is hugged up against accepting her mass as she slips between shadows once more. Now she is inside, with little more than half of the distance left for her daily Shadowjumping left. She undoes her hair's loose mess of a bun that never got finished before anyway, letting the mussed strands flop across the sides of her face. Making sure her bangs hang over her eyes, she quietly walks to be where she was before this whole ordeal began.

From what she's heard, she not certain if the Lord's words are an act or not. The man has gone from imposingly haughty to sincere and caring in less than five minutes, which usually would point towards the former, but Raven's reply has hinted otherwise. Are all romances, if that is indeed the case here, this complicated?

Laying a hand upon Katrán's nearest shoulder, she murmurs in Common, "This is between Lord Azoun, Raven, and the inkeeper, Katrán. Best that we not interfere. Don't worry, I'm sure that she is safe here."

Now, to get to her cloak before anything violent should happen, just in case. She pats the young elf's shoulder reassuringly before starting around at a casual pace to the stool that her patched garment is folded over.

She doesn't attempt any glances at those she passes while heading for her cloak, though she is very tempted to peek at the man who stood up for Raven from the start. He sounds like someone worth knowing, and she's curious exactly which of the patrons he is, though she has her suspicions.[/color:3jn8rr8y]
Last edited by Erelae on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Dance in Shadow, my child, my dear.
Pretend the Light was never here.
Dance in Shadow, my love, my song.
Sword and Shadow, these make you strong
.''
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:gdg1nssx]Raven twitches a bit at the man's words,
[t:gdg1nssx]"I don't trust you. There is something odd about you, something i can't quite figure out. But you are more than my family thought you were, i know it.. You are not just a tiefling are you? "
[t:gdg1nssx]Her face pales visibly as a sudden realization seems to dawn on her.
[t:gdg1nssx]"Oh blessed Gods..your a ..."
[t:gdg1nssx]She trails off then, her face bone white with horror.She looks around her, at the people so bravely defending her.

[t:gdg1nssx]" Thank you,"
[t:gdg1nssx]She says softly to the people around her,
[t:gdg1nssx]"I hadn't expected this from outsiders.That you would stand up for me, not even knowing who I am, or in the case of those of you who just entered, what I am."
[t:gdg1nssx]She pulls her cloak back and drops it to the floor. Her sheer height, close to 7 feet, hid the fact that she appears to be little more than 16, in human equivalent. On her brow are a pair of small but sharp horns, and giant white draconic wings spread out from her shoulderblades.She reaches one long fingered hand up to wipe away a threatening tear, and it is tipped by claws.
[t:gdg1nssx]" I will go with you, Magnus. Just please , don't hurt anyone. I don't want anyone to die over me."
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

[quote="Adian Novar":14bbo9qh]"Fiance or not, royalty or not," the small figure said quietly. "She has refused. To force her would be kidnapping. Perhaps if you had taken a more reasonable tone when you first arrived this situation might have not arisen.

"Perhaps it might be best to withdraw for now, before tempers flare too greatly," he added in a more calming tone. "You know she is in this city, and surely you can find her another time...after everyone has calmed themselves, and without the hired help."

He glanced at the thugs cirtically.

"Honestly, perhaps you should have been a bit more selective."[/quote:14bbo9qh]
Magnus looks towards adian; "Oh really? seems strange that you apparently 'know' so much more about raven than i...has she stolen your heart, or are you just trying to over step your grounds as most would in this case" Magnus' eyes glare harshly at the man, but physically makes no move towards physical combat, in fact lets loose of the sword hilt at his side.
"Raven is quite a fiesty girl, and as i said my true desire is for her to return with me to her family temporarily, so that they know she is alright." Looks towards Unens PC ( ooc: sorry forgot yer name lol) "Fighting ? Oh my good man there is no need for such in this establishment..."
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

Magnus smiles at raven, showing all to brilliant white teeth, and eyes aglow like forged steel. "Wonderful my sweet dove..." Gestures for her to follow as he holds out his arm for her. Looking around the room with a more than confident glance, and a ' i got her ' type of look. His haughtiness extends the room over as she walks peaceably towards magnus.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:1hmhmijh]Goddess above...[/i:1hmhmijh] Adian mused to himself as the girl unveiled her wings. [i:1hmhmijh]What have you stepped into you fool?[/i:1hmhmijh]

Still, the man's reading was startlingly pure...he did not have any malice that Adian could see.

"If you wish to go willingly, milady, then there is nothing more to say. It shall be as you wish."

He bowed and stepped back, giving the pair space. He returned to his place at the bar, keeping an eye on the Magus and greatly disliking the haughty expression on his face.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Feeling Erelae's hand in her shoulder makes her jump slightly, as she didn't expect it and she was already aware to fight.

She looks at th owner of the hand and grins, relaxed again, and then shrugs "Ahhh... yes, I guess is their business" then she looks to raven as she goes with the man, not really caring for the man's expression "If you need anything just send for me, ok?"

Then she turns to Erelae and Lilandra once again and smiles "Thank you. If there was a fight he'd probably chopped my club into pieces" she frowns and swiftly smiles again and gives Erelae a hug as soon as she's close to her again.
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

OOC: Sorry for being so out of it ^^" I wasn't too sure how to reply until now, even with the flood of posts in the past few days :p

BIC:

Knowing from personal experience battles can errupt from such trivial matters as a few coins sprawled across the floor, courtesy of the poor sap who lost his pouch, Lilandra stayed her hand which instinctivly went for the bastard sword not currently residing on her back. Although the blood inside her veins boiled at this outrage, which took her attention away from the people nearest at the moment, a deep and exaggerated breath brought the druid back to her peaceful manner picked up from a pacifist of a father.

Shifting her gaze from the scene back to the company of the two females residing next to her, particarly focusing on the tiny form of Katran.

"Don't worry, Kat. If there was danger, I would of asked for a long blade and entered the fray. I may not seem to have a good sword arm, but my mother taught me more then a few moves during the rituals to the Dark Maiden."

Embracing the child in a hug, one that was denied before due to circumstance, Lilandra's chin resting ontop of the--by appearance-- young girl's head.

"Oh and if something happened, see that bag over there? That has my stock of amateur healing potions I brewed with my master not too long ago, so the assaulter would have boils on his skin and the those injured will be better off then they were before the fight took place."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Raven's long white wings droop as she moves stiffly towards her fiancee.She looks over at the child she had been speaking to and her eyes are filled with resignation. Her eyes look almost dead.
[t:2r7tamjz]"No dear, Im afraid I will not be able to send for you if I need you. Im sure the glaberazu will not alive me to live for much longer. But it is my fault, if I hadnt ran, if I had waited for Daddy Akron to come home..he would have known what he really is, no matter what spells he has put on himself.But I ran away, and now...I don't really want to think about it."
[t:2r7tamjz]She turns to the demon in the handsome mask ,
[t:2r7tamjz]"Know you this demon, my family will find out what has happened to me , and they shall find you. Even in the deepest depths of the infernal realms they will seek you, and my sister will destroy you."