Disturbance in the Dark Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Looking at her magnificent steed. Quin saw with in Lightnings gaze someone was behind her. She managed to turn her head and saw a handsome elf in mid air flying towards her. With only a second to spare, she turned herself and caught him as they both went into the hay. Laughing hard she looked into his eyes and saw them shining like stars in the heavens.

Seeing him in the light for the first time was magical to her. Quin could feel herself turning bright shade of red even though of her dark skin. She did not pull away but she did kiss him as he lay on top of her. Lightning pawed the ground and nudged them both. He too wanted some of that affection. Quin looked up and giggled to her boy.

"Good morning my dear Lord, and how are we this fine and bright morning?" as she kissed him again and wrapped her arms tight around him.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Maya blinked, looking at Naomi as if she was trying to recall something. Groaning softly, she put her hand to her head, feeling for signs of being wounded but finding nothing due to the healing spell having been applied the night before.

- "Healed? What do you mean? I've got a mild headache, but there's no reason i can't..."

She paused again, trying to think. What was she supposed to do again? Come to think of it, there was something odd about the building she was in as well. Probably the light -- was it supposed to be this bright in the Underdark? Wincing, she felt her head for a fever again, now noticing her own darker complexion marking her as a Drow. She looked at Naomi again, noting her considerably paler skin color.

- [i:18oqd0ef]"Lu'vel'uss xal dos tlu, rothe?"[/i:18oqd0ef] (And who might you be, slave?)

There was no ill intent in her voice, just a normal question... if one were within the halls of House Arkenrae, in the Underdark. The woman was a darthiiri, a surface elf, she could see that much, so what else could she be but a slave?

By Lolth, she needed some aspirin if she was going to get any work done today...
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC: OK I have taken on the parts of Melari, and Athariel to reduce the workload on Malek. Until someone complains about it, the different points of view will be shown by that persons name in capital letters.

IC:

NATHAN: Nathan opens his door down at the other end of the hall and hears voices he turns his head and see's the small group of people and quickly runs over. "MAYA! your ok!...I was worried, I'm sorry about the spell. Next time I'll be more careful!... Are you sure you should be out of bed?" he pauses for breath here then notices the rest of the small discussion. "...uh... :-[ ...sorry I forgot my manners," he bows to Naomi, "Lady Naomi how are you on this fine morning." turning to Night he has a puzzled expression on his face. "I do not beleive we have had the pleasure of meeting yet. My name is Nathan, I'm a wizard that recently arrived by means of a spell gone wrong. And you are?" he inquired.

ATHARIEL: Athariel heard the voices and started to walk towards them to see if anyone would be interested in a small meal before lunch. but then stoped as he realized he had to go find Melari first. grumbling under his breath he turned and walked swiftly towards the library in hopes that she would be there.

OOC: No one mentioned a time of day so I assumed it was mid-morning...if someone already mentioned a time of day, then I'm deeply sorry...(not really, but apologies always help).
Malek
Champion

Malek

Post by Malek »

OOC: Mid morning sounds about right.

IC: Malek returned the kiss, and smiled when it ended. He reached a hand up to pat Lightning. Looking back to the beautiful woman in his arms, he responded, "I'm feeling great this morning. Thank you for asking," He chuckled, "And you, milady? How are you, my dear?" He kissed her one more time before getting up, and holding his hand out to help her up.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Malek
Champion

Aenor

Post by Malek »

Aenor, having entered the kitchen, found that the noise was caused by a raccoon that had come in through the window and was getting into the pans. He picked the thing up and put it out the window and closed it, chuckling all the while.

Deciding he was not hungry, he left the kitchen for the main throne room, where he had teleported in last night. He waited there for everyone. After a few minutes, most of the soldiers that he had brought were there. All except for that blasted wizard, thought Aenor. He was waiting for Malek and his party to join them.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Malek
Champion

Naomi

Post by Malek »

Naomi was about to retort to Maya's complaints, but was interrupted by Maya when she spoke in drow. Naomi looked confused, "I'm sorry, child, but I don't speak drow. I also do not know your name. Come, come, to bed with you." From behind, she heard more strange words that she did not understand, and barely had the time to register when someone else, that wizard from the other night, burst in. "Nathan, this girl's name is Maya, correct? Maya is not fully healed, and I fear there may be more damage then just a concussion."

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Hearing the sounds of the birds and a cool breeze coming in from the open door to the barn. Quin smiled and took Malek's hand and stood up. Smiling as she looked into his eyes, she answered " I am still tired but I am well. My energy is not complete and making any magic happen tires me more." Looking to the fine armor that is upon her Pegasus she smiled, but it could be seen fatigued for it was no small spell she used.

"We need to get back in, my sister will not know what to think bout all the other elves, nor what they will think of her." Nervous clear on her face if his father will try to harm her only family that truly believes in her. Thoughts of the fight of the night before was clear they knew who she is, and not because of some prophecy. They are her own blood, her clan. Night did what she would have done if she was raised with in the clan. She would have left just as her sister had.
Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

Staying quiet, Night watched all of the others coming out of their rooms. She knew she was not wanted for they fear the drow, not like she would blame them after what all of them have done to the surface elves. Night did however showed the up most respect and bowed her had to each of them as they came in view of her. Wondering when her sister would come and save her as she felt so out of place in such a wonderful place.

Remembering what Malek had said to her she was able to take a breath and take it easy. When the wizard said they had not been introduced, she simply smiled at him. "Greetings sir wizard, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Night, and Quin's half sister." Night was not accustomed to common language, but she could still speak it normally. She liked his eyes, little weird for her, but he was a good one. He just needed to take a deep breath and step back a bit. She giggled to herself.

Looking to the small drow she smiled. She knows her from a different clan. But remembers her family and despised them with all of her heart. As they casted her out like day old left overs from a feast. But it will be hard as she could tell as this little girl still strongly believes in Loth. Maya will need to let go of that nasty Goddess and move one to much better way of living. Life was not so easy to change as she has learned the hard way, but she believed in her sister to change it the painful way. Maya will learn the best way, with Quin and herself as the teachers.
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

NATHAN: Deciding that speaking drow would be a better approach replies, "Ah, al tha jallil Isto, xal, Eilistraee willing, udos zhal doera abbilen wun l'ulin." (Ah, well met lady Night, perhaps, Eilistraee willing, we shall become friends in the future.) Then he turns and asks Naomi in common, "What, happened with Maya? And where is the lord Malek? I must speak with him and the lady Quin."

OOC: I'll wait until the meal to start posting with Melari...Athariel is currently trying to find her.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

When the 'slave' apparently ignored her question, and [i:2x1361kn]another[/i:2x1361kn] surface worlder came in and started asking her [i:2x1361kn]questions[/i:2x1361kn], Maya was starting to look a little distressed. Trying to get a protest in edgewise -- in drow, of course -- she looked relieved when another Drow walked into the hall.

- "Vendui', dalharil d'Lolth, bwael ulu kyorl dos." (Greetings, daughter of Lolth, good to see you.) :)

She was probably a guest in Night's House. It would explain why she failed to recognise her surroundings, and she figured the slaves would have been trained to obey her only. Heh, shame on her to get so worked up over nothing. Still, Nathan and Naomi were still at it, so...

- "Gumash dos qualla lar dosst rothen tir? Nind ph'inbauin natha leza streeaka..." (Could you please call your slaves off? They are getting a bit reckless...)

It was still somewhat odd to her that she couldn't recall how she got here, or why they talked about her as if she were sick or something. Or why her head throbbed with pain this morning, for that matter.
-----
Nightrain
Maid
Maid

Post by Nightrain »

When Night heard the words from this young drow, she looked shocked. Good thing not all knew what she had said, as she was unaware how they would react.

Quickly, she got down to her knees and took Maya's hand and said, "Bwael kre'tan, Maya. Nindolen darthien ph'naut ussta rothen nind ph'l'ussen vel'uss dro ghil. Dos lu'Usstan ph'nind guests. Lu'Usstan nau velendev flohlu l'Quar'valsharess Lolth. Usstan flohlu Eilistraee l'Olath Wenress. Naomi ghil, il zhah tending ulu dosst karliik dal l'xonathull vaen isto. Dos ssrig'luin v'dre, alu lu'lli harl. Usstan talinth Usstan orn zexen'uma xuil dos goros dosst al, ka Malek lu'Quin tu'qua'l."
((Good morning, Maya. These elves are not my slaves they are the ones who live here. You and I are their guests. And I no longer follow the Goddess Lolth. I follow Eilistraee the Dark Maiden. Naomi here, she is tending to your head from the battle last night. You need rest, go and lay down. I think I will stay with you till your well, if Malek and Quin both agree.))

Night was having second thoughts on mentioning bout Eilistraee to the young one.. but better now then have her find out later she thought... She looked to the others and whispered to Naomi what she had said, just in case she did not know drow....
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Maya looked back at Night Rain as if she had just grown a second head. Total confusion was clear on her face, only partially caused by the other drow's admission of no longer following Lolth any longer. She tried to think, tried to remember, but got nothing but a large blank.

- "Xal... fol v'dre... orn'la tlu alur, yllui'th." ((Perhaps... some rest... would be better, agreed.))

Her face still frowning in puzzlement, she walked back into her room, only now really noticing how [i:337g4fa7]light[/i:337g4fa7] it was outside. Strength flowed out of her knees as she noticed sunlight of all things shine in, and heard animals she certainly never heard in the Underdark before. A sound made her look to the side, to the large dire spider stirring in a corner.

No matter how much of her memory might have been missing, no matter how strange the world she had woken up in looked to her, she would never have forgotten about her precious companion and only friend during her exile. Noticing her mistress' unease, Scylla moved up to Maya, and let the young drow wrap her arms around her as she started to cry.
-----
Malek
Champion

Malek

Post by Malek »

OOC: I'm back...'cause Neverwinter Nights 2 is being a whore!

IC: Malek nodded and he kept Quin's hand in his as he strolled lazily to the main door. There were no signs of last night's seige, nor did it even feel like the same place. Now the sun shone, and wildlife ran about and chittered and the forest came to life. The trees whispered to him of caravans a few hours off, elven caravans. Perhaps his people were coming.

Entering the main door, he found his father waiting in the throne room. Malek decided to remain unseen for now, and slipped into the hallway where Maya slept. He had let go of Quin's hand a while ago. In the hall, he found Night, Naomi and Nathan (lol) all crowded around Maya's room. "What is going on? Is she alright?"

Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC: HE'S BACK!!! YIPEE!... by the way malek, I got the fourth ed rulebooks now :devil: .

IC: Nathan starts to rub the back of his neck. "Ah, Malek there you are. Apparantly when she hit that tree she suffered a head injury and now she can't remember a thing... Well she doesn't remember us anyways."
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

OOC: please pardon for such a long time before i have made this post ...

IC: Quin greeted everyone but gave her sister a big hug and whispered, "I am glad to see you still here, sister" smile upon her face she backed off and looked into the room. She slowly stepped into the room. Quin knelt in front of her little friend and spider with a smile she reached out to pet the creature, unafraid for the first time. Her lavender eyes turned to Maya to inspect her head. Still had one nasty looking bump upon her head. Quin motioned to the bed and for her to lay down while someone could care for her. She thought it would be best for someone with more knowledged than her to care for such an injury.

Fear was in her mind as she looked out the window knowing the growing dangers that will flood over the castle with in the next night or two. Quin had to show no fear for her friends and for Melek, she had to be strong for everyone. It was hard not to show it though when you truely care for one or all that surround you.

She stood out of the way for one of the others as she began to go into a state, her eyes began to glow as she walks aimlessly out of the room past all her friends. Past Malek, she did not pause but whispered as she walked past, "I will be fine spend time with your family" then she was out of sight as she slipped through the shadows.