Disturbance in the Dark Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

Shocked by the sound of Malek's whistle, she knew why he had. The funny feeling though was Lightning had not started his usual behavior by pawing the ground... What ever is near by she thought to herself might not be a foe... It is hard to judge when her senses were not clear and Quin growled to herself for allowing a handsome elf like Malek get to her so easily.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Ix'Chimalxochitzin froze as she heard the sound of the whistle. She slowly pressed herself against a nearby tree to avoid being detected, hoping very much that they wouldn't start searching the area long enough for her spell to wear off. Remembering her own pack, she could call on their aid if there'd be trouble, though she really wanted to avoid needless bloodshed... Or any bloodshed at all.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Luckily I'm playing a character who doesn't have much conversatonal input to miss out on. Also normally I'd mind people beign so familiar with one of my characters but luckily this character is also very generic as well as very quiet.

Quin: I'm fine with Lightning befriending my wolf so long as you don't intend a back-story.

Ix: I would be intrigued as to a backstory with your character so please pm me with any pertinent details for me to consider.

IC: The she-wolf has been padding along beside Lightning for the best part of the trek, a wolf needs no permission to go where it will in its own forest. She looks up at the shrill whistle with confusion, not being trained to follow commands but smelling a new scent nearby. She pads over to the new scent, curious as to this new entity; the scent seems slightly familiar.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek's eyes follow the she-wolf, smiling at his own foolishness. Of course the whistle wouldn't work, but oh well. Malek stood up and walked over to where the wolf was sniffing. Using his infravision, he sees a very young elven girl, possibly drow. Speaking in Elven, "Who are you and what do you seek in the forest of Elwesoron?" Then he repeats it in drow, just in case, "Vel'uss ph'dos lu'vel'bol xun dos lac wun l'taur d'Elwesoron?"
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Just for precaution, Quin spread her wings and flew to the top of the tree she stood next too. On the branch she landed on was not too strong yet she peered round the site to see if there was anything else that might have been hiding with in this area of the camp. As she looks around she came upon a spider that was next to the young elf.

"Spider.. that big.. around here.." Quin thought to herself. She swore her father mentioned spiders of that size were down with the Drow's. She decided to keep on her guard and be prepared at all cost. Quin looked to Lightning and through his eyes he knew what she was looking at yet he stayed calm as nothing was wrong. She just prayed that Malek would be careful.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Ix'Chimalxochitzin winces, knowing she'd been spotted despite having done her best at trying to remain undetected. Whispering a soft prayer for safety under her breath, she then turned to the elf. Much to her surprise, he translated his own words to Drow when he noticed she didn't quite follow him, but gave herself a mental slap to get back to her senses again.

- "Al... Usstan dro ghil. Lu'oh bauth dos? (Well... I live here. How about you?)" ^^;

Not really feeling the need to lie even if she had felt an inclination to, she simply replied with the truth. Ever since her exile from her House, she had lived in the forest on the surface, and given that she did not recognise the elf in front of her she guessed he had to have been a new arrival or somesuch. Or at least in 'her' part of the forest. She shifted her stance, folding her hands behind her back. There was no harmful intent coming off of her though, quite the contrary: Those who were in a position to would notice hand signals being sent to the spider, telling it to stay put for now. That weapon looked sharp, and she didn't want to risk Circe getting herself killed.
-----
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: What weapon? Malek hasn't drawn his swords yet.

IC: "Dos dro ghil? Nindol zhahus ussta fuma's taur uss szithrel lu'huela ravhel drasven draeval p'los. Ka dos xor dosst fuma uriu natha phlyle pholor l'taur, Usstan orn'la saph ulu zhaun bauth ol. Xal udos gumash morfeth natha t'zaraw." (You live here? This was my family's forest 1500 years ago. If you or your family has a claim on it, I would like to know about it. Perhaps we can make a bargain.) Malek walked a bit closer to the girl as he spoke. As he did, he looked around for others. He didn't even see the spider. "Vel'uss ph'dos?"

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

OOC: Never said you had them drawn... Though i suppose 'dangerous' would have been a better description. My mistake for the misunderstanding ^^;

IC:

Ix'Chimalxochitzin backed up a bit as Malek started walking closer to her, still not being very inclined to trust complete strangers from the get go. Especially when they mentioned having claim over the forest, or part thereof. Still, fifteen hundred years was quite a long while, and she couldn't help but wonder how such a claim would still be viable after all that time. Now standing more in the open, the state her clothes were in -- barely recogniseable as Drow garb, patched up with animal hide -- would make it obvious they had seen a lot of wear, and the sunlight made the slight [i:2z00i79v]tan[/i:2z00i79v] of all things a bit clearer to see... Still, the fact that Malek had made no move for his weapons yet made her give him the benefit of the doubt, and she signaled Circe to stay put.

- "Usstan tlun Maya, d'Qu'ellar Ar... (I am Maya, of House Ar...)"

She stopped herself from saying her House name, and started looking a bit resigned. A sigh escaped her lips as she slumped her shoulders, by now having become painfully aware that Malek would more than likely have pieced together most of what she was doing on the surface based on her appearance and words alone. Decieving people had never been her strongest trait.

- "...Fridj Maya. (...Just Maya.)" ._.
-----
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek looks confused. "Ele kat dos kku dosst qu'ellar kaas? (Why didn't you finish your house name?)" He stops walking forward, noting her discomfort. He starts to move for Snow Leopard (his right hand nilarn) but decides against it. Realizing the state of her garb, he realized that she was either lost or exiled. Just like himself, and Quin.

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

As the wind blows her long silvery white hair, Quin watches the two below and is aware of the surroundings. She takes a better stance on the branch when it gave way. Her wings opened just as she was inches from hitting the ground, and with a thud she lands just feet from Lightning.

Quin walks over to Maya and Malek and says "Usstan tlun kitrye Ilythiiri lu'xuat zhaun mzil, Uk zhah yugho lu'kampi'unin 'zil Usstan tlun. Ji xuat tlu stre udos orn naut jivviim dos." (I am half Drow and don't know many, He is nice and understanding as I am. So don't be afraid we will not harm you.) Quin reaches out a hand to the young Drow and smiles warmly to her.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

OOC: Moving on to english for this one, as there were words the translator couldn't handle. Also, given that there's a fair bit of dialogue in this post, it makes things a bit easier to read. She's still speaking Drow though ;)

IC:

Ix'Chimalxochitzin stopped backing up when Malek stopped advancing, and a good deal of tension disappeared from her face. The somewhat resigned look remained on her face though, and she decided to simply tell the man the simple truth, with a little luck she wouldn't end up as a prisoner or something.

- "Because they were the ones that sent me to the surface to die. My mother told me so herself."

She squatted on the forest floor, hugging her knees as memories of home started to flood her vision. She kept on talking, though from the way she was staring off into the distance she wasn't really aware of talking herself. Rather, a strong feeling of homesickness was taking control, which would explain why she didn't react to Quin's offer, or even her arrival as a whole.

- "Used to be an acolyte of Lolth too, the Head Priestess at the temple said i had great potential. Instead, i lost my faith, my family, my home... and now my freedom as well."

A soft chitter next to her woke her from her memories, and she noticed Circe had crawled up next to her. A soft smile appeared on the young girl's face, and she rested her head against that of the dire spider, scratching it on its underbelly with one hand.

- "Circe here was my pet back home, and all i have left of who i used to be... She followed me all the way here, the poor thing." ^^
-----
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek nearly laughs when Quin falls out of the tree. He looks concerned when she starts having her crazy flashback. As she talks about how her mother sent her here to die, he is reminded of his own exile for choosing Eilistraee as his goddess. When the spider shows herself, Malek recoils. "Sorry. I'm afraid of spiders," he admits.

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Quin gives Malek a look that says she could slap him for the laugh, but smile comes bright in her eyes... She turns her attention to Maya and says,

"Usstan xuat kampi'un lu'oh l'Ilythiiri shlu'ta treat nind valyrin saph nindel, tangis'd'elezz ussta ilharn zhahus Ilythiiri uk zhahus valyrin lu'ssinssriggin ulu uns'aa lu'orn'la neitar inbal xunor jala d'nindol ulu ukt ehmtu valyrin." (I don't understand how the Drow can treat their kind like that, even though my father was Drow he was kind and loving to me and would never have done any of this to his own kind.)

Quin has to admit, she does not totally understand, she was raised more like her mother's side of the two. Yet she speaks Drow and not elven... but she does know what it is like to be an out cast.

"Usstan inbal ril Ilythiiri wun nindol taur lorith whol l'dalharil d'Makana Larien. Khaless uns'aa vel'drav Usstan telanth Usstan zhaun l'tejmook'cinkjuu d'tluin biu dobluth." (I have every Drow in this forest looking for the daughter of Makana Larien. Trust me when I say I know the feeling of being an outcast.)

Looking at Circle made her wonder if she was not a spy, but kept that feeling in the back of her mind. For Quin knows the feeling of being left alone to fight to live as she is doing as they speak.
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Ix'Chimalxochitzin smiled at Malek as he mentioned being afraid of spiders... and only now noticed another person had appeared to join them. If she recalled correctly, the half-Drow would be the other person that had been standing at the campsite, though not having seen them before meant there was always room for a small mistake, of course. She gave her an apologetic smile and a friendly wave, before trying to reassure Malek.

- "Xuat eszak, ilta elg'cahl fridj mire dos, belbaun uns'aa draeval ulu z'haan wun p'totis d'degahr. Wun natha i'dol, il morfethe uns'aa satiir 'zil ka usstan tlun k'jakr natha lotha leza wun l'Orbb Valsharess' elamshinae. (Don't worry, her poison just holds you, giving me time to run in case of trouble. In a way, she makes me feel as if i am still a little bit in the Spider Queen's favor.)" ^_^

True enough, there was no enmity, not even a drop of vengeance to be heard from her voice. In her eyes, she had had to leave to protect her family from harm, and even though she hadn't liked taking the decision, it had been a necessary one nonetheless. She still loved her family, and would have hated to see them suffer because of her. She kept her hand on Circe, and the spider made no move towards Malek, instead opting to remain next to its mistress.

- "Usstan zhahus natha usulii d'natha gareth Qu'ellar. Usstan z'reninth nind inbalus nau detholir, wun quarth naut ulu k'lar nintan wun sreen dal nind ogglinnar. (I was a member of a strong House. I believe they had no choice, in order not to place themselves in danger from their enemies.)"

After having responded to Quin's comment, she thought for a moment, the name that was mentioned not sounding familiar to her. Then again, she had had plenty of other things on her mind since first arriving on the surface world, so it was understandable if it had somehow slipped her mind.
-----
Avin Jingzu
Maid
Maid

Post by Avin Jingzu »

OOC:where can i find a free translator?

IC: With a loud crack a moon elf wearing a long light blue robe appears upside down in midair. Falling to the ground he mutters curse's under his breath then looks up and notice's he isn't alone.

"GYAAH" holds chest, "i'm deeply sorry to intrude but do you have any idea where i may be? or for that matter when? a spell went dreadfully wrong and i seem to have been teleported into your esteamed company." takes of hat and bows.

Mod Edit: The arrival clearly was IC and not OOC.
Drow tranlator we have one, elven I believe Grey company has one, a web search clearly should offer a few.