Disturbance in the Dark Woods

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Disturbance in the Dark Woods

Post by Malek »

"Leave this place!" The words came from a hooded and cloaked figure holding a longbow in his hand. There were two more elven rangers with him. All had their bows with arrows nocked and pointed at this group of rowdy humans. "By what right do you now enter this forest and tear it down? This place is ours by birthright and I am commanding you to leave my forest." One of the humans stepped forward and spat at the leader's feet. Malek responded by letting his arrow loose at the human's feet. He drew another arrow. "You are a bunch of drunken lumberjacks. Do you really want to tangle with the finest from the elven clan Elwesoron?"
Last edited by Malek on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Hmm, a tricky RP to make a character for. So I'll make a tricky character ;)

IC: Smelling the aggression in the air, the wolf heads towards it; the possibility of prey hanging in its mind. It pads along, contemplating the greater and lesser evils of preying on living animals for food, and whether or not it might be better to become a vegetarian. It decides that it is something best put off until tomorrow, or possibly the day after.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

OOC: Oh my god! your so sweet!!

IC: Standing high in the branches of a great oak tree, with the wind blowing through her long silvery white hair watching the men and the elven clan below through her lavender eyes. Her angelic wings spread wide as she whistles to Lightning her Pegasus to stay back. Quin Larien knew this day would come.

She cocked her bow and released the arrow, whistling as it flew through the air. It lands between the two races. Lightning rears and charges in, Quin jumps off the branch and lands in front of her steed to stop him. After she stops him, she looks to both the elven clan and the humans. She has never been too close to either.

"Greetings, may I ask what is happening here?"
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek barely starts at the young maiden who now stands before him. He'd known someone else was there, he just didn't know what. What bothered him was the quiet padding of another animal nearby. He looked over at his cousin Athariel and, in Elven, told him about the animal and to keep an eye out for him. He then turned to the young half-drow and put down his hood. He is a moon elf, just over 100 years old with long white hair that came down past his shoulders. His deep blues eyes consider the maiden carefully before answering. "I am Malek Tarynmoth, noble of clan Elwesoron. This forest was my clan's home about 1500 years ago. Now I have come back to reclaim our ancient homeland only to find these...humans tearing it up."
Last edited by Malek on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Quin looks deep into this noble blue eyes and almost loses herself with in his spirit, nervous to being around any other than the creatures of the Dark forest and her Pegasus said, " I am Quin Larien, born from Makana Larien and Gwen Rain. They were both killed by the Drow who have hunted them down for years and finally found them here. I was not home at the time, or I would have been killed too. I traveled for days and nights with out food or sleep and I have wandered upon you. Please forgive me my lord for not showing myself sooner. I was wary that you might have tried to kill me as my parents were just days ago." Quin kneels before him and pray he forgive her for being rude in any way. Her long hair fell and covered her face as she went to her knees, shaking for she did not want to turn on these elves she rather find a way to befriend them.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek puts his bow away and walks over to Quin and holds out his hand. "Please, stand up. I do not want any formalities. I am not anyone's lord." Malek glances to Athariel and says in Elven, "You deal with the humans. I have other matters to attend to. I trust you can do so without bloodshed." Athariel nods and steps forward to speak with the humans. Malek turns back to Quin and says to her "Come. Let us go somewhere where we won't be bothered by politics."

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Looking at the stretched out hand, Quin slowly takes his hand and rises up to her feet. Brushing off the dirt to her knees she allows Malek to lead her away from the others. She knew Lightning would not allow her to leave with out him. She said in a calm and cool voice, "Nizzre', zexen'uma rath, Usstan tlun zhaunus uk zhah naut aluin ulu jivviim uns'aa. Usstan zhaun dosst protective jhal ol orn tlu ula Usstan iglata dos zhaun Usstan shlu'ta handle usstan." (Lightning, stay back, I am sure he is not going to harm me. I know your protective but it will be fine I promise, you know I can handle myself.) Quin smiled back to her Pegasus and continued on her way, so he follows but with distance behind the two.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: We need an Elven translator on this site. If anybody knows of one, please link me to it.

IC: Malek walked over to the Pegasus and spoke in Elven, attempting to convey to him that he had no dark intentions. "Lightning, is it? You need not worry. I only desire to speak to her." Turning back to Quin, he led her a short distance away to where his small group had made camp. He asked her to sit and wait as he looked around for a moment. He brought out a waterskin and some leftover rabbit from earlier that evening. "Please, eat. And try to relax."
Last edited by Malek on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

OOC: http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/language.php ;-) that is where i learned of this site and became a member :D

IC: Shocked to see Lightning take to him as he does not like strangers and he would react aggressively, ye he did not. She sat down and looked at the camp and felt the heat of the fire before her. She was thankful for the water and rabbit and took it with out hesitation. "Thank you sir for your kindness and again forgive me for earlier, I am just one to avoid fighting if possible. I am more of a peace maker to the creatures of this forest, yet I have had a few battles nothing drastic or life threatening."

Quin looks into Malek's deep blue eyes, trying to read him in anyway. But with no luck she turns and eats to regain some of her strength. She relaxes and enjoys his company as Lightning stands not too far from the two just out side of the camp.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: [quote:1kh7qn1f]OOC: http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/language.php Wink that is where i learned of this site and became a member Very Happy [/quote:1kh7qn1f] That's drow. I meant surface Elven.

IC: "Heh. My clan's militia captain is "sir". I'm just Malek." Malek waited as she ate, and thought to himself 'She is beautiful, no doubt. Perhaps there will be time for us to get to know each other later.' A few more moments passed in silence when Malek suddenly broke out, "I'm actually not sure if I'm still a noble. My clan exiled me a few years ago, and I don't know whether they've disowned me or...I don't know. When I left, I was a noble. I chose to follow Eilistraee and they exiled me because she is a drow goddess. Humph. I'm only doing this for my family because I still love them. My cousin and sister are helping me because they don't care who I worship."
Last edited by Malek on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

OOC: I am sorry I wish I had one too.. hmmm also I edited my history and bio lol I do not wish to be a kid :-P

IC: "Well, Malek, I believe your noble no matter if you've been exiled or not. It was the teachings of my father and mother who were both nobles in their clan's. I myself would be a lady if it was not for the Drow and Light elves fighting like children."

Quin looks at his features as she placed down the plate. Confused, she got up and walked over to Lightning and petted him. " I don't understand why different Clans believe in Gods or Goddesses, for as I have learned religion only causes war."

She walked back to where she sat, changed her mind on sitting and started to walk around the fire. "And at least you still have a family as I have none, except my Pegasus Lightning. He is my family and he is my God!" Quin looks to Lightning and smiles to him as he paws the ground and whinnies. With that she looks back into Malek's blue eyes to see if she has a possible chance to get to know him as a lord he once was.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: Seeing that you aren't a kid anymore (well, not so young of a kid) I edited my previous post.

IC: Malek laughs at her exclamation. "I agree with you. Religion does cause war between people, but for the individual it can be...liberating." Malek thinks a moment about what she said about her family. "Well, if I weren't in exile, I would name you a clanfriend and consider you a part of the family." Malek looks back, deep into her lavender eyes.

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: WHOAH! Slow down!

IC: The wolf pads into the clearing and looks directly at the two elves, and cocks its head to one side as if concidering them. There is no hunger or malice in its eyes, it seems curious and doesn't move from openly watching them.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: That's what happens when the two other people that are in the RP live in the same time zone.

IC: Athariel looks at the wolf and curses, "Where is Malek when you need him?" Athariel tries to go over to the wolf, but gets stopped by the third elf. "Athariel, you know that if you tried to communicate with him, you'd just anger him. Let me try." Athariel looks sheepish, but says, "If you must Melari." Melari walks over to the wolf as Athariel returns to dealing with the humans. She kneels and holds out her hand towards the wolf to sniff. At the same time, she asks softly in Elven, "What's the matter? Are you lost? Are you hungry?"

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Sensing the wolf, Quin knew Lightning would react as she turned his directions... "Lightning No!" Quin runs towards her Pegasus but was not fast enough to grab his reins. She trips and falls to her knees as she watches him take off. "Don't you dare attack him! He doesn't seem to be dangerous!" Angered at her steed she spreads her wings and goes to head him off in the direction of Malek's family. "I am sorry for this mess my lord Malek, Lightning likes to fight for some reason." Quin called back to Malek as she took off after her steed. Lightning was going to be in serious trouble when this was over she thought to her self.

Quin enchanted her wings for the speed she needed to get in front of him, but even so she was unable to beat him to the destination. She landed hard bout 7 feet away from the wolf and her steed. Lightning and the wolf were sniffing noses. Quin was puzzled for she has never seen her Pegasus do that in so many years. She looked to Malek's cousin and sister and back to the wolf. Quin swore she knew this wolf but was unsure.
Last edited by Quin_Larien_Halfling on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.