Just Prowling...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Just Prowling...

Post by Malek »

Malek walked down the street in Menzoberranzan. He looked up at the cieling of the cavern for the thousandth time...as though he expected something to be there. He liked prowling the city. It ticked off his matron, but she learned to accept his headstrong ways. She learned five years ago that his fighting ability was inextricably tied to his free spirit. He turns the corner into the city proper to see what's in store for him this night.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The flare of light that travelers up the central spire, marking the time of day moves upward. A forever night many consider the city not understanding the amount of light used, non of course sunlight (the cursed surfaced blinder). Your House badge buys you protection from the rabble and a bow from the slaves.

Other eyes watch as well the unescrotted male that appears to be on no task. Your might get the feeling of being watched, there again your Matron might already watch you that new eyes might not be detected.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek was aware that he was being watched. He's always watched. As one of the best fighters of the city and the Elderboy of the 16th house, he was a noble of some repute. The eyes watching did not matter; half of them were slaves and others that gawked at his presence. The other half could be defeated.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:2p0liftl]The female awakened in pitch blackness with a start, thrashing briefly in her chains before remembering where she was. She had been captured on a drow surface raid, & laughing, cruel priestesses of Lolth had their house wizard magically render her blind in the Underdark. She strained to remember her identity; she had been tortured, nurtured to health & tortured again repeatedly... and she had lost hope of ever being found by her sisters of Eilistraee. Surely no beings could be so cruel, she wondered... but sometimes before they tortured her there would be a brief flash of magic so she could see what they were about to do to her... and in those moments she marveled & cowered at the reality... her skin was the same color as theirs.[/color:2p0liftl]
Last edited by Drathir murrpau on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: Yeah. Hmmm. How does one respond to your post? Oh...I got an idea!

IC: As Malek wandered the square, he heard someone talking about a surface dweller that had been captured. Captured? He stopped to address the speaker.

"Natha shinduago duenhug? Ply'uss lu'naut elgg? Vel'bol zhah l'iklnig d'nindol? (A surface dweller? Captured and not killed? What is the meaning of this?)" Malek's eyes went wide when he noticed that it was a drow woman whom he had addressed. He bowed his head slightly in apology. The response was somewhat angered with his interruption, but she did explain it to him, recognizing him as Malek Vel'Ushmaren, arguably one of the best fighters in the city. Malek was surprised to learn that the surface dweller was a drow female. He was excited to learn something but acted angrily.

"Vel'bol? Lu'oh kuuv il chi'ilta quar'valsharess lu'ilta lodias? (What? How dare she betray her goddess and her people?)" Even as he said the words of loyalty, bile rose in his throat. He asked which house had the fortune of catching the traitor. As he learned the name, he bowed and stalked away, seemingly furious. His true goal, however, was to talk to this woman, and learn of the surface.

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:2r2ut2ib]A svirfneblin slave brought salve & wordlessly applied it to the latest whip slashes across the female's body. She was amazed that her tormenters had stopped whipping before she lost consciousness this time. It seemed that there had been some "excitement" elsewhere that took their attention from her.
The slave removed her bloody gag & applied salve to her face, but didn't remember to replace the gag before he left. Glad for the chance to finally heal herself, the female sang a quiet song of praise & healing to Eilistraee. Even the depths of the Underdark could not halt Eilistraee's moonbeams from bathing the female in cool, peaceful, healing light... and she recovered something else too... her name...[/color:2r2ut2ib]
Last edited by Drathir murrpau on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek made his way to the house that had purportedly captered the surface dweller. He saw the typical sentries at their posts, but noticed very few magical wards. Carefully, he picked his way across the house courtyard. Hiding from drow eyes was difficult, but he was able to do it.

When he was nearly to the entrance to the house proper, he had already decided against going in through the noble's entrance, or even the commoner's entrance. As he slowly circled the house, he noticed an open window on a balcony that he might be able to sneak in through. He focused his thoughts and began to levitate to it. As he rose, he made sure there was no one on the other side of this balcony.

Stepping inside, he pulled the hood of his piwafwi over his head. He doubted anyone would hear him, but this way he would be able to pretend he was a servant or a guard if caught. In this manner, he cautiously made his way to the lower levels. He noticed a door unlocked. He, removed his dagger and crouched next to the door. As quietly a he could, he pulled the latch that closed the door, but held it shut. Listening inside, he slowly pushed the door open, following it clowsly with the rest of him.

Stepping in, he noticed the woman chained to the wall. Her eyes were open, but he did not think that he could be seen. He slowly snuck towards her. He stopped a good five feet away before asking her whether she was from the surface. First in drow, then in elven, just in case.

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:210w75u0]The healing prayer had removed the wounds she sustained & returned her memory, but Drathir still could not see… the wizard’s spell held firm. Drathir contemplated her situation briefly; she would have to find another wizard willing to counter the spell before she could possibly attempt a trip through the Underdark. But first… to get out of the chains!

Suddenly she sensed movement somewhere in the blackness in front of her, but she nearly jumped out of her skin when a male voice asked her in both drow & elven if she was from the surface. Fearing her slim chance at freedom had been abruptly ripped away, Drathir silently cursed in her head. Her lips set in a grim line, she answered in drow that she was, “Siyo, F'sarn dal l'shinduago.”
[/color:210w75u0]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

OOC: From now on, all conversation is considered to be in Drow unless otherwise specified.

IC: Malek heard her response. He relaxed a bit, but not much. Before pressing on with his main question, he noted her unfocused gaze. A look of concern grew on his face.

"Can you see me?" He waved his free hand in front of her face a few times.

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:s82188ie]"Why do you ask?" Drathir answered cautiously. She didn't know the owner of this voice or what his aims might be in speaking with her. For all she knew he could be one of the house males playing a new game of torture.

However, if he was a strange male not of this house, she was well aware of the penalty among drow for being weak; being nightblind - even if it was magically incited - was one of the highest forms of weakness among drow. She had no desire to be elf-napped by another drow only to be sacrificed on an altar to the despised spider queen, Lolth. Torture could be dealt with until she got loose... death was a little more difficult to get around.[/color:s82188ie]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek smiled when he heard the hesitation in her voice. He forgot just how brutal the rest of his people were. He decided to go out on a limb.

"Because it will be difficult to help you escape if you cannot see."

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:1pn6acr1]Drathir considered his statement briefly. Rather than let her fear of an unknown drow keep her in chains she responded to his question. With a quick exhalation to let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding, she told him that the house wizard used a spell to remove her darkvision.

"I can't know how long I've been here. It has been less than an hour since I regained enough sensibility to call on my goddess for healing, which unfortunately didn't cure the blindness. It is either a long-lasting spell or it is permanent. But either way, I have to get out of these chains before anything else can be done... unless by some miracle you happen to be a wizard..."

With a smile she added, "You wouldn't happen to notice if there are any clothes lying around, would you? I don't imagine that leaving naked would be much less noticeable than traipsing through Menzoberranzan with a guide-light." [/color:1pn6acr1]
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek smiled. He'd seen that she was naked, but he just realized that she was naked. He blushed.

"I didn't see any, but I wasn't looking. Let me check." He let his eyes adjust themselves to normal vision, and pulled something out of his shirt. It was a ball of glass that hung by a fine chain. He spoke a word, "Estel" and the room was bathed in a soft, but warm light. He spotted a pile of things on the table at the far end of the room. Ignoring the brutal torture instruments, and trying not to imagine them being used on this woman, he pointed it out to the woman. "Is that your stuff?"

Without waiting for a response, he walked over to the table to look for a key.

Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:2uw65xh6]Drathir raised an eyebrow when a light revealed the other drow & she noticed his slight blush. "Yes, those clothes look like mine. I bet everything magical is gone though. Are they still wearable or have they been torn to shreds?"[/color:2uw65xh6]
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:2do3xc2b]Seeing the other drow looking for something, Drathir finally accepted that he had perhaps come to truly help her & not hurt her. She asked for his name.

Drathir began to work feverishly at getting her hands free of the chains again. One hand was nearly through the tight cuff, though the skin was bloody on the widest part & across the knuckles. Twisting & pulling, it finally came free & she reached up & slid her fingers into her hair to pull free a small hair pin. With that she began to pick at the lock to the cuff on her other wrist. In moments she had her hands & ankles free.[/color:2do3xc2b]