Just Prowling...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Moving up the stairs, he decided to go out the window through which he came. As he climbed through, he noticed he was following Frost and, presumably, Drathir. As he landed, he allowed his knees to callapse under him in order to cushion the short fall. Then he began to walk out of the house towards the front where he came from.

Soon, he lost himself in thoughts of Drathir. She touched his cheek. He played that moment over and over again in his mind. Too late, he saw the figure of a drow in front of him. "Oh gods." It was Cleric Vasriina Frerahel. He'd met her when he was a student in Melee Magthere. She was bound to recognize him.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Drathir murrpau
Regular

Post by Drathir murrpau »

[color=indigo:yapcbw9r]Drathir looked down at herself; saw that her clothing & sword were still on her body & was relieved that she didn’t come through the portal. But before she could assert her regular mental discipline, a thought rose unbidden to her mind; how welcome it would have been to go through the portal with Malek… albeit they would have ended up nude and facing her Sister guardians – at that she giggled aloud. She worried about what type of welcome he might receive at the other end of the portal without her there. Her torturers had removed the thong about her throat upon which hung the symbol of Eilistraee. If Malek could have gone through the portal with her emblem then he would receive not much more than a simple questioning… but without it, her bracelet would be the only proof he had that he had any “good” reason to enter the portal. The Guardians were good… and perhaps her Sister and guardian of the portal, Bhinrae, would recognize it.

Drathir turned her thoughts back to the present & noted the little fae was unconscious, but she could hear his breathing. She picked him up gently & took him to the safest place she could think of in the camp: her cousin’s black bag hanging from a tree. It was nearly impervious to damage, it retained its shape despite being stepped upon & was invisible. Drathir knew the words to the enchantment that would render it visible & malleable so she spoke the words, placed the tiny fae inside & left the bag open so he could get out. So long as he was inside the bag he would be safe.

Drathir turned her attention to the ground now. It spoke volumes to her about what had occurred here… taking stock of the campsite & drawing a deep breath, she headed toward the tunnel…
[/color:yapcbw9r]
BaravarImrathiln
Maid
Maid

Post by BaravarImrathiln »

Baravar watches in silence as the light flickers and fades. A moment or two later, a male clambers out and heads for the gates. The direction was likely to intersect with the direction taken by the Priestess a moment or two earlier. That would be bad, to put it mildly. The Ranger sighs and breaks cover to follow the Priestess, keeping back a ways.

When Malek meets with Vasriina, he's not far away, but well hidden, watching. He makes his small crossbow ready. It wasn't made here in the Underdark, but it was just as effective, made by Drow hands, and the bolts retained their toxic properties.

Baravar isn't altogether certain what's going on, but he found that it almost always made sense to interfere with the progress of a Lolthar Priestess.
I do not love the bright Sword for its sharpness,
nor the Arrow for its swiftness,
nor the Warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend."
~ JRR Tolkien
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:2qo0hy5b]+Vasriina heeded the subtle sound of footsteps against stone as this anonymous entity approached. Alas, out of the warm embrace of darkness the stranger would be revealed to her. Her long lashes lightened to expose her mesmeric gaze. Vasriina elevated her sharp chin in a pleased manor, as she shifted her weight to rest her hand upon her curvy hip. [b:2qo0hy5b][i:2qo0hy5b]Malek Vel'Ushmaren[/i:2qo0hy5b][/b:2qo0hy5b], the name drifted through her memoirs of events held before. An expression of recognition shadowed her face the moment he assembled before her. Rapidly the expression her features seized settled into loveliness once more.+ [/color:2qo0hy5b]

[i:2qo0hy5b]"Well, well. Look who we have here, Malek. Pleasure, to see you again. It has been a long time. Since, 'Melee Magthere', I believe. What troubles are you conjuring up now to further disappoint your 'Matron'?[/i:2qo0hy5b]

[color=olive:2qo0hy5b]+Vasriina’s voice sounded like alluring, pointed daggers inviting all to be touched, along with a smooth domineering tone. Malek was drowned into her emerald orbs as she allowed his countenance to be delighted with her stare. Her velvety, deadly finger came across to caress his jaw line ever so gently. Those lips pleased her cynical smile, articulating it with such satisfaction. Vasriina wished to impose her dominance. A cunning giggle escaped her lips, as she intently gazed at him.[/color:2qo0hy5b]

[i:2qo0hy5b]"I must say, I did not expect you to come from that 'House.' Tell me, what business do you have here? I sense something is amiss, and my intuitions have never failed me before..."[/i:2qo0hy5b]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

*L'Venoric gave pause for a moment as another Male had taken up persuit of the priestess. [i:2wu2c5rd]Ah another wishes her the priestess's attention as well. Most Interesting the trouble this femal had caused for her self.[/i:2wu2c5rd]

L'Venoric now had two targets to watch. So he took to the air his ethreal form allowing him to walk as if on the air it self. This angle gave him a better view of the playing feild before him. The priestess now confronting another House Noble. Apparently they were old fighting companions or perhaps enemies. Awaiting for the male with his crossbow brandished to make his move. As Information was far more valuable then his key motive's [i:2wu2c5rd]I could get more souls if this turns out infavor.[/i:2wu2c5rd]****************

*****Being placed within the bag Frosts consiousness *sp* fleetly returns before Drathir could get far enough away. He spoke these words in Surface Elven

"Follow your heart not your eyes."

Then Out he went again
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:23l2q8xn]Drathir hadn't quite reached the tunnel entrance, which was not far from camp, when her keen elven ears picked up Frost's words. Hurrying back, she knelt by the bag, only to find that he was still out cold. She pondered his words... 'Follow your heart not your eyes' ... what in the nine hells could that mean??? It could mean that her Sisters weren't in the tunnels at all... or it could mean something else. She sensed that there was a deep import to his words, but the only way to know would be to wait until Frost awakened & ask him.

She sat quietly by the bag, knowing that her Sisters were both well-armed & extremely skilled... they had the blessing of the goddess Eilistraee & the ability to resurrect their dead. She was not able to resurrect the dead... they would be fine, she decided with a sigh. She worried about the little fae too... should he have been so weakened to be out this long? Was there something else weakening him? Drathir made her decision: she stayed put.[/color:23l2q8xn]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

Waiting near where the bag was hanging two drops of some luke warm liquid dripped upon her hand. And within the bag the light of frost begain to glow from a frosty blue to a radiant white and then suddenly it was gone.

(The droplets are blood, If she looked within the bag then she would see that Frost was no where to be found.)
Violet flames Hail my comeing. Cold oblivion swirls in my passing. But pain and agony beyond comprehenssion reaps in my presance. Odion Demonius Archmage Eternal of the Midnite Academy.
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:ua7xj299]Drathir felt something warm & wet fall on her hand, she looked down & saw what appeared to be a couple of drops of blood. She smells the drops - not poison but it smelled coppery - then fearing the worst she screwed her eyes shut in distaste & touched the tip of her tongue to the drops... it was blood alright. She looked up in to see the source, saw nothing immediately and looked back to the bag in confusion... nothing was there anymore! "Damn! He's gone!" she thought to herself.

Drathir stood up slowly in consternation, hunching down a bit & carefully surveying her surroundings. She noted an area beyond the camp that she hadn't previously seen when she arrived... apparently a scuffle occurred there. She walked over & took a good look - one of her Sisters had gone this way. She began to follow what appeared to be a trail & then heard a long high keening sound ahead of her. She drew her sword & raced silently through the underbrush, fearing that one of her Sisters was injured, but when she burst through a clearing she found a battle taking place between her Sisters & two driders. Two driders lay dead & one of her Sisters was motionless near the edge of two conifers. There was absolute silence instead of the ring of swords - not even a voice could be heard... a ring of silence had to be in place, but why?

She didn't think about it any further before jumping towards her fallen Sister - checking to see if she was alive, Drathir discovered the Sister to be dead. A sharp gasp from Drathir explained that she was apparently not within the area of imposed silence - it had to be magic. With a grim look, Drathir stepped into the fray, her right foot forward & body slightly sideways to give less of a target, her sword hand holding the sword about mid-torso, the blade catching the bright light of the midday sun. The tip of the sword was about her eye level. Immediately one of the driders jumped toward her, his fangs distended, both hands ended in hugely clawed hands - he had no need of weapons. Drathir had never seen a drider with claws this size, but she smiled nastily at him & as the drider leapt where she was, he found that she was no longer there, having moved to the side with astounding speed. Her sword slashed at his collarbone & neck...[/color:ua7xj299]
Elrohir
Regular

Post by Elrohir »

(Will assume the role of the Drider to combat with Drathir)

The hit upon the driders collar bone stung hard. with a hiss and the creature backing up defencively (15 foot away) he checks his wound with his clawed hands then looks back at the new comer to his easy slauter. Some of his legs begain pulling on its abdomen drawing forth the white silky structure from its glands. Launching the web with great force at the female. (The web spreads in a ten foot circle.)
Drathir murrpau
Regular

[color=indigo:31vhf4wg]Drathir expected webbing at some point from a drider, but this one went to it so quickly that even as she leapt to the left to avoid the web, her right foot was firmly ensnared. She hacked viciously at the webbing with her sword...[/color:31vhf4wg]
Elrohir
Regular

Driders

Post by Elrohir »

Another wraping of webbing is flung. tho this time instead of it spreading its a string of silk.

One of your sisters lets out a horrible scream as you look for a split second the top half of her is thrown across the cavern. Following the half dead upper half of your sister it lands with a thud. The pale moonlight of her light fadeing away softly. Just before the light fades. The sudden form of a hilt grasped in a black Gauntleted hand is plunged into the face of the sister. A black form landed upon the back of the offending drider. Two blue daggers one foaming with frost the other aflame with blue fire.

"Tell your queen to kiss my ass."

A flash of light,
gasp,
Blood Squirts,
moan,

"Your soul is mine."

the sleek black form disapears in the darkness once more.

(The drider left alive is letting loose the webbing. That event happend in a matter of seconds)
Malek
Champion

Post by Malek »

Malek fought to control his features. Vasriina brought back memories. She was the start of his nightly prowling. He would stalk out of his house to see if she was about in the city. If she wasn't, he would usually find somewhere to be alone and practice. If she was, they would usually find someplace to be alone and "practice." Now, seeing her about the city was interesting.

"Oh, you know me, Vasriina. Up to no good, making trouble wherever it can be made." He tilted his head back slightly, set his jaw, and grinned, a stance that exuded masculinity. Pausing to choose his words carefully, for it was dangerous to say the wrong thing, even if their trysts had been fun. He walked closer, and though it was a gamble, he laid a casual arm on her shoulder. Barely inches apart, he spoke to her. "What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?"
Last edited by Malek on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My patron deity is Freddie Mercury.

"If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."-Pink Floyd
Drathir murrpau
Regular

driders

[color=indigo:1dr4p0wm]In the split second of the confusion of battle, Drathir chopped loose the webbing from her foot, rolled in a backward somersault & vaulted to her feet in a crouched position. She immediately whipped a dagger loose from its sheath & flung it expertly toward the eye of the drider letting loose the webbing.

Two of Drathir's Sisters, Susparra & Cyali - both long-time priestesses of Eilistraee - had raced to the side of the first fallen sister & had resurrected her. She rejoined the battle with a war scream of absolute rage. She threw her spear with tremendous force toward the first drider she could see. She ripped her sword from its sheath & covered the two priestesses as they ran to the upper half of the other dead Sister. Drathir cast about frantically with her eyes to see what had become of the bottom half.[/color:1dr4p0wm]
Elrohir
Regular

Driders

Post by Elrohir »

From the caverns three more driders show up and the ranks of priestesses are growing thin with drathir and two other sisters working to bring back to life one that was riped in half. Tho a gapeing hole is found in her face and it is presumably hard to resurect her. as if her soul it self was missing. The black figure apeard once more riping the throat out of another drider leaping to another imbedding her two daggers into the top shoulder blades. Riping them down and out its back the creature flailing and wailing before it dies. Then the figure is gone again. Two driders now face off against Drathir and the two priestesses she is nere.
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:18ul3tz5]+Vasriina quietly sneered at Malek’s apparent struggle to control his sentiments. This brought her immense satisfaction to see him in such discomfort. She lowered her head slightly gifting him a sideways glance as to present her inferior acquaintance minor interest. Her hand stirred to caress her sleek, tresses. The indescribable luminosity her hair maintained pleaded out to all, to be wantonly touched. Vasriina’s features remained composed, and emotionless, like a barren land lacking any distinguishable landmarks. She was watchful as to not expose her current disposition. In truth, memories flooded her thoughts of ‘certain liaisons’ held before with Malek.+[/color:18ul3tz5]

[color=olive:18ul3tz5]+Gender roles had been submissively flip-flopped within their ‘encounters’, an embarrassment to her position in Drow society if any were to discover her secret. When it came to their ‘sessions’, they were most rewarding. Vasriina’s smooth hand gently lifted to stifle a conceited giggle, he fulfilled his only expectance, as her boy-toy. Abruptly she ceased her reverie as peculiar sensations coursed down her spine. [i:18ul3tz5]‘Are there eyes upon me, or is there something Malek has failed to mention to me?’[/i:18ul3tz5]the statement coursed through her mind held in suspicion. Vasriina’s emerald blaze unhurriedly returned upon Malek linking to his own. +[/color:18ul3tz5]

[color=olive:18ul3tz5]+Her eyes tapered into narrow slits as Malek boldly rested his arm upon her character. She cocked her brow upward slightly at his daring gesture. The instant she sensed his weight impress against her body, she swiftly moved to clasp his wrist between her long fingers to twist him to meet her fully.With her liberated hand she positioned her palm against his chest and leaned into him, thrusting him alongside the entrance where they were assembled. Vasriina’s voice was enchantingly seductive, like venom caressing the skin tenderly to be a lovely fatality.+[/color:18ul3tz5]

[i:18ul3tz5]"You, Malek, gamble with your life. You should praise ‘Lolth’ that you hold a history with me. However, those days have long ended. Never mind the reason why I am currently here, my position allows me to do whatever I please, Malek, do not question it. Now, don’t play coy with me. My information informs me that that building was a hold for our prisoners of war and conquers. Tell me, what has drawn your attention to that place? I am sure you have an excellent reason, enlighten me. By the way, do those memories weigh heavy on your heart?”[/i:18ul3tz5]

[color=olive:18ul3tz5]+Vasriina’s long lashes lifted to expose a proud stare of emerald, as she enthused slowly away from Malek.+[/color:18ul3tz5]