Ascendency of the Last

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Ascendency of the Last

Post by Bhaern Quel »

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11063

Lisa, that our High Priestess had high hopes for her second effort, has been let down.

It appears all Drow are Evil with no hope of redemption. The Dark Maiden is dead in 4th Edition if the current reviews are acurate.
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

ugh... crappy.... really REALLY crappy...
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Fuck that and screw 4th edition.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Very typical of Wizards.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Fuck. Holy fucking shit! (Said the motorcyclist and sweared heavily)

Those are no longer the Realms I have beloved.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Re: Assendency of the Last

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":3afwiz9i]It appears all Drow are Evil with no hope of redemption.[/quote:3afwiz9i]

[color=darkred:3afwiz9i]But there is good news!: Proof that the drizzit really [i:3afwiz9i]is[/i:3afwiz9i] evil and is merely trying to infiltrate the goodly races. (no wonder he supposedly has the secret favor of Lolth)[/color:3afwiz9i]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

$20 says they'll revive her in the next 2-4 years
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

..........(throws hands up in the air reminicent of wrath of khan scene)[b:3t0gql5i]eilistraee.....eilistraee...eilstraee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b:3t0gql5i].......my love is dead..... as of this moment i swear vengence eternale on all of them. i will hunt them to the ends of the ominevers and get vengencece for my fallen lover so swears THALON MERCROW
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I've removed the links to WotC from the links section. If they don't want anything anymore to do with Eilistraee I don't want anything anymore to do with them.

And I'm strongly considering banning all use of 4E from this site. And I encourage everyone to spread the word: if this is how they're treating their fans just imagine how they treat everyone else. Don't buy into this crap; from now on WotC is blacklisted for me and I'm boycotting all of their products (for whatever good that'll do).

Either way, seems 4E has absolutely nothing to do with Eilistraee, and since we're a site dedicated to Eilistraee we have absolutely nothing to do with 4E. The most benign view is that 4E has the same relevance to us as a game of polo. We don't use the rules of polo in our roleplaying, and neither do we use the rules of 4E.

I wish I had more time to actually set up that wiki or such... seems we really do need to save Eilistraee now.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

that is just...fucked...up...

O_o

I'm not sure what to think now. I love FR...but...this...doesn't seem to really be FR anymore, does it? They've just gone too far now...

and if the outcry here is any indication of what the outcry will be elsewhere...yeah, I can imagine a revival. We'll see...
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

WotC is counting on the silent majority. Something that is hard to measure and new WOW type players to fill in the ranks of those that depart.

It will be months to go to see how well their business plan works.
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

I don't know... what to say.

I had hoped this wouldn't happen.

But yeah, thats it. 4E is not for me. I'm with Shir'le.
Those are not the Realms I have come to care about.

And to add insult to injury, Qilue is gone too. Even her soul is destroyed.

I... am at a lack of words.

The ending of the novel is so dismal... I can't even begin to describe it...

I feel sorry for Lisa.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Ok..Im now very glad that Drizzit annoyed me so bad I stopped reading those books a long time ago.We dont need them we can write our own darned books..Even if they dont get like..published or distributed.lol
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

When i read those words last night it was like my world had been turned upside down.i was speechless yet i wanted to scream,curse,shout,destroy things,Renounce d&d,and then burn all my books and then curl up in to a ball and weep. by this time i had to go to bed(one of the worst things to happan during the finles)as i lay in my bed tosseing and turning i could only think of those dredful words that i read not too long ago.so i got up around midnight and loged on to the internet to get more info and opiunes during the course of wich i found that many other players are upset with this and other changes that WOTC are makeing to ourbeloved game.as i drifteted to sleep i made up my mind that this would not effect me at all. from what i saw on other sights peapole hate this devlpment as much as we do. i'v decided to keep playing D&D but i will not buy any 4e materiles in addition i have decied to startup a letter capaign to "officile" bring her back and i hope that all of you who feel as strongly about this as i do will help me.perhapes with enough presser and time they will see the err of there ways and bring her back just like they did with bane(theyll probobley bring her back after there profits drop lower then they already are).i also decided not to follow the books or other materle word for word.as long as we her faithful keep her in our hearts and continue to love and support her she will continue to live forever. in short i will cointine loging on and posting as well as keeping her my patron deity in all D&D games that i play. for as long as i draw breath and this site still stands she will live. now come take my hand and let us sing and let us dance.

Thalon Mercrow
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

one of the many hundred things i read is that basically all the world of dnd we know is dead its kinda like the post apocalypse thing.. White wolf did this with WOD. Which has pissed off many people.. and many more are upset with the new world of darkness...

either way? if they say all drow are evil then all your "goody" drizzt players are now seriously screwed. can we say "Ha bitch you're drizzt is really evil!" Yes my drow's picture is one of 50 thousand drizzt ones but I like it and used it for years..
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...