Ascendency of the Last

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

And most of all, we have ROOKY THE MASACRATOR OF ALL THAT'S... OF ALL THINGS!!!!

And her personal priest. Somewhere. He/She (it depands really) should be around here somewhere...
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

...grr...

Grr ya' bastard, grr!!!
:3
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

LOL
Dregonindil
Maid
Maid

Post by Dregonindil »

I do not care who is fighting who, I put all of my money on Rooky...
-cowers- :/
steelfiredragon
Maid
Maid

Post by steelfiredragon »

[quote="Dregonindil"]I do not care who is fighting who, I put all of my money on Rooky...
-cowers- :/[/quote]

that sounds like a safe bet, can I join you on that???

My money is one Rooky too........
Dregonindil
Maid
Maid

Post by Dregonindil »

If we keep this up there just going to open up a new forums devoted solely to rooky beating the ever-loving tar out of people.
Maybe we should send her to wizards? Joking ofcourse...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Argoth":12nt1ie4]And most of all, we have ROOKY THE MASACRATOR OF ALL THAT'S... OF ALL THINGS!!!!

And her personal priest. Somewhere. He/She (it depands really) should be around here somewhere...[/quote:12nt1ie4]

[color=darkred:12nt1ie4]You talking about me? It's mostly "he" now, since I've noticed men usually have bigger anger management issues than women, and I've been having a LOT of anger management issues with 4E.

I agree that we should send her to wizards.[/color:12nt1ie4]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

YEAY!
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Just a sec...

*grabs pen and paper, follows Rooky to Wizards*

Should make a great Campaign. 3.5Ed rules, of course. Why, we could even turn it into a Trilogy XD
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
steelfiredragon
Maid
Maid

Post by steelfiredragon »

might be a best seller, I'll read it
atiguy
Maid
Maid

Post by atiguy »

"They made us brown and stuck us with Corellon. Fuck that. If I wanted to be a brown pansy hugging his statue every mornign i'd play a woodelf."

i don't agree with your first sentence. If Eilistraee had not been killed and the drow did return to the surface that's what we would be. Also why hate the god that fathered Eilistraee? Corellon never disowned or hated his daughter if memory is correct. She chose to be condemned to the abyss with her mother and brother for the betrayal. Of her own free will. One could say that this was Corellons way of saying he loved her by sharing in her beliefs and want to fight her mother for what she did.

I'm not happy with what wizards has done but I cant say I share in this particular level of anger.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well, I've had a though here. The drow are finally redeemed. I think WoTC wanted to say Eilistraee played her part and did her job. So actually, this is a good thing, from a certain point of view. But, on the other hand, I think I'd choose the struggle over and over again, just to be at the Lady's side.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

An interesting thought that I actually agree with, but...eh, I dunno. Did she really have to die to play her part?
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Ix'Chimalxochitzin
Regular

Post by Ix'Chimalxochitzin »

Well, though she didn't actually [i:7qxm16vj]have[/i:7qxm16vj] to die, one needs to keep in mind that Eilistraee's main goal was to give the good drow a chance at redemption. Now that that's happened... Eilistraee wouldn't really have a purpose anymore.

Killing someone off after having him/her achieve the goal they devoted their entire existance to is actually quite common as a plot device, especially given that the lore doesn't really require to have her around anymore.

Had she survived, then what? No longer a drow herself, she'd have been accepted back into the elven pantheon with her dad, recieving a pat on the head from him and (likely) become the main deity of the miyatari (sp? The redeemed drow, anyway).

The point to keep in mind is... Would she still be Eilistraee? And to that, the answer is no. There would be no struggle between her and her mother for followers. Eilistraee's redeemed elves would just be another flavor of surface elf, and the drow stereotypically evil again.

Eilistraee, as Argoth pointed out, is mostly remembered because she fought for what she believed in, despite the odds. Fought and, we now know, was successful. Given the choice between having her die (and become a martyr) and having her live on without the struggle (and become some kind of 'yay we did it' hippie goddess)... i'd honestly have picked the death as well. It would upset the fans to see her go, this is true, but having her live on as someone people are unable to recognise as Eilistraee would honestly be worse.

Strange as it may sound, i'd have chosen to have her die as well. Because when the choice is between having her live on, yet with an almost completely new agenda, and having her die, but be remembered for who she was and what she stood for, the choice isn't that hard. As difficult as it may be.
-----
"Watch your step... If you fall, you'll damage the floor."
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Do you seriously want to worship that pansy elf god? Our goddess was way more cool...Hair to 'er heels, naked and the most important part, she has a huge 9 foot sword!

Let's not mention her mother; Evil and good never looked this hot in ages, ok? Now if I wanted to trade sexy jet-black skin, white hair and red eyes, for a heap of tanned leatherheads I'd pick Wood Elf.

I'm to lazy to quote so this'll have to do...you know who said what.
*khm*
:3