This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Oneiromancer
Maid
Maid

Post by Oneiromancer »

Years ago my wife had read one or more novels involving Eilistraee. My wife is a very musical person, to the extent that her dreams are often musicals; I and our children are blessed to hear her dulcet voice as she sings to herself while performing various tasks, etc. The idea of Eilistraeen Spellsong magick, magick via song, resonated with her very deeply. (Spellsong magick to open portals to wherever moonlight shines must have also stood out in her mind.) Near to present, she discovered a song called Entropy, which like many songs inspired her imagination and her dreams...

A few nights ago my wife had a dream in which she was the disguised avatar of Eilistraee (or more accurately, her subconscious permutation of her faded memory of Eilistraee); she had positioned herself as a barkeeper, and had come to view the locals as her personal flock. A horde of bandits had invaded the local area to murder, pillage, and rape, so she lured the bandit leaders into her tavern; she then sang a song which opened portals behind the bandit leaders and their minions which sucked them into the deadly void of space in orbit around a distant moon (probably Groetus, the Death Moon).
Class: Oneiromancer of Sehanine
Race: ganzi (half-ilythiiri)
Hair: slowly shifting shades of blue & violet
Eyes: shifting shades of blue & violet
Birthplace: Galisemni
Spouse: Spellsinger of Eilistraee
Setting: primarily Planescape
Irennan
Champion

Re: Avatar Dream

Post by Irennan »

"Or more accurately, her subconscious permutation of her faded memory of Eilistraee"

Sounds like an interesting dream, but what do you mean by that?
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Oneiromancer wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 pm Years ago my wife had read one or more novels involving Eilistraee. My wife is a very musical person, to the extent that her dreams are often musicals; I and our children are blessed to hear her dulcet voice as she sings to herself while performing various tasks, etc. The idea of Eilistraeen Spellsong magick, magick via song, resonated with her very deeply. (Spellsong magick to open portals to wherever moonlight shines must have also stood out in her mind.) Near to present, she discovered a song called Entropy, which like many songs inspired her imagination and her dreams...

A few nights ago my wife had a dream in which she was the disguised avatar of Eilistraee (or more accurately, her subconscious permutation of her faded memory of Eilistraee); she had positioned herself as a barkeeper, and had come to view the locals as her personal flock. A horde of bandits had invaded the local area to murder, pillage, and rape, so she lured the bandit leaders into her tavern; she then sang a song which opened portals behind the bandit leaders and their minions which sucked them into the deadly void of space in orbit around a distant moon (probably Groetus, the Death Moon).
I wish I had dreams with Eilistraee in them, I'd be in heaven.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Oneiromancer
Maid
Maid

Post by Oneiromancer »

Oneiromancer wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 pm A few nights ago my wife had a dream in which she was the disguised avatar of Eilistraee (or more accurately, her subconscious permutation of her faded memory of Eilistraee)
Irennan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:28 pm Sounds like an interesting dream, but what do you mean by that?
I mean simply that the Eilistraee in my wife's dream differed somewhat from Eilistraee as published; memory fade and subconscious dream permutation were the mechanisms of that difference.
Oneiromancer
Maid
Maid

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by Oneiromancer »

Leema Har'gachi wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:02 am I wish I had dreams with Eilistraee in them
My wife says that the sleep deprivation technique [used in Tibetan and Hindu dream yoga] was the most successful technique for eliciting lucid dreams for her. Incur sleep deprivation, which will serve as a pressure toward sleep. Then counter that pressure toward sleep with a combination of posture not conducive for sleeping, and willpower. Willfully hold yourself awake, then allow yourself to drop toward sleep by small increments, but remaining aware. At some point you will reach the point where dreaming just starts to occur; where conception transitions into oneiric perception; at this point you can theoretically conjure anything you can conceive (such as a goddess etc.).