Tavern o' Tales

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

OOC: Silly demons XD

BIC:

"Well, that was fun...or something."

A blue-hued hand running through her hair, vainly attempting to relieve her silver locks of the dust that currently gives it a drastically darker color.

Eyes shifting to the remaining, and hopefully innocent, patrons, hoping a smile from a follower of her goddess, a bright one crossing Lildandra's lips.

"It may only be me, but I think a drink in honor of our continued well-being is in order. So if our tavern master would be so kind..." gaze shifting to the man at the bar when she arrived "I would be forever grateful."

OOC: And that is what I call fudging up what just happened in my absence XD
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian's hands were still shaking slightly as he returned his weapon to the sword on his back. Surely the Sisters would have had severe words for him for attacking a full-fledged demon alone.

He picked up his cloak and put it back around his shoulders, though he did not bother with pulling up the hood or scarf. In a voice that he strained to keep calm, he said to the barkeep:

"I do not mean to be rude, but I could [i:3tpns15y]really [/i:3tpns15y]use that meal about now." He gestured at the four silver he had set on the counter when he had come in. "Whatever that will cover. I admit to being unfamiliar with the local dishes. And fruit juice of some sort, please."

He tried to force his hands to settle down, but the adrenaline and the unnatural terror the beast had invoked was slow to drain away. As he sat at the bar, his true height (four and a half feet) and young age (mid to late adolescence) became apparent. Though not a child by any means, he was not a fully grown adult either.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=olive:2n2rporu]Unen: *busies himself attending to his customer's needs, getting them their meals and drinks, while muttering to himself about "damned demons."*[/color:2n2rporu]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian dug into his food as one who was starving--it was a wonder he breathed between bites. Fortunately four silver puchased generous portions, so his was obliged to slow down a bit.

"Would that I could help the Lady," Adian said aloud, mostly to himself. "But Cormyr is far from here, and I cannot fly.

"So this is the Tavern o'Tales, yes?" he asked. "Perhaps someone knows a tale that will explain what just happened?"
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:73itom8j]Unen: Looks like another demon lord is trying to take over the world.[/color:73itom8j]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Katran drops on her chair, blank, and absently takes a long drink to her milk. Apparently that made her recover some of her colours and hearing Adian say something about not being able to fly to... wherever the others went, she stands up and walks to his table, her legs still shaking and stumbling from time to time.

When she reaches his table she takes out one of the 2 golden bands that were in her fingers and throws it on the table in front of him "That is, if you really want to go there. This ring makes you fly." then she takes it back from the table really fast "That is if you don't want to go, so what will it be?" she asks before stumbling again and falling on her butt on another chair.

"Sorry... I have fight many things before in my short life, but never really faced a demon. Nothing similar to lolthite clerics, even if cruelty and evil are the same in every evil soul. And now I... I don't know if he left because he wanted or because of my smitting... Never felt so useless before in my life."

She whispers the last part, looking to the floor, feeling like a failure.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:3htxczp2]Unen: "There, there, I'll wager that every one of us here has felt useless at one time or another. It happens to the best of us. Have you ever tried facing an angry red dragon? Scariest thing I ever saw. I nearly wet myself when it turned and looked right at me."[/color:3htxczp2]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Slowly looks at Unen

"No... actually the worse I ever faced were the spectre of a dead druid and then a lolthite priestess... tell me, is it that Faerun is always in danger? I mean, always in some part of the world some evil overlord's trying to take over the world or destroy it if they can't"
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

OOC: ~Whistles, kicking thread~ Guessing it died =(
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

A heavy sigh gave those perverted enough to notice a nice show of why they would love the physics of female antatomy, pale hued nailed digits tapping annoyed against the table which Lilandra was currently residing.

"What happened to my ale? Honestly, you offer to do your part to help save the tavern, and the service is still lousy..."
Fulgar
Maid
Maid

Post by Fulgar »

A huge hand pushed open the door, a little more roughly than intended. The sight to follow was slightly disturbing, even in a place such as this..

At a blind-siding seven and a half feet tall, the northsman would step under the door. With an absurdly hulking frame, the man obviously had giant blood coursing through his veins. Bedecked in the furs of a dire bear and sporting a greatclub across his back, this barbarian at first seems like one who would not tolerate a place such as this. Though, across his neck, a single lock of silvery white hair hangs from a necklace, not a trophy from a fallen foe, a momento from someone close perhaps.

The collossal barbarian strided towards the far end of the bar, and carefully lowered himself onto the stool. His blonde mane was unkempt, his intense blue eyes darted once across the other patrons. Though, there was something alluring to his wild unbridled nature.

"Bitter Black.." His northern accent was heavy. "Two of them."
Makasta
Maid
Maid

Post by Makasta »

The door to the tavern opens as a very young drow man hurriedly stalks into the common room. His cloak in tatters, black leathers shining with what seems to be water, and long blade of some type upon his back. His breathing is ragged, and he stops momentarily to catch his breath, then lets loose a raging amount of vomit from his gut. Wiping his mouth quickly scans the room; "Raven!!!" Still attempting to catch his breath for it was obvious with his clumsy steps that he had run for a very very long time. "Has anyone seen the princess!"
Raven Wolf
Maid
Maid

Post by Raven Wolf »

OOC: hello all, newb here

Raven opened the door to the tavern and looked around at all the people around her. she smiled and nodded. [i:lygqb83l]this'll be a good place to come in out of the cold,[/i:lygqb83l] she thought. she closed the door behind her and removed her hood, letting her dark black hair fall around her shoulders as her bright blue eyes studied the bar. there seemed to be a lot of drow here, and though she didn't mind drow, she had never met very many beofre. the idea of them made her a little bit nervous, and she drummed her fingers against the hilt of her sword to calm herslef as she debated whether or not to order her drink now or wait till she was more comfortable.
Tia mys air eilar eir tia modi, syl tia kaeraer shaedyl air tia tol.
my sword is always at my side, though my greatest weapon is my mind.
Raven Lighshadow
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=olive:3iqi2gf4]Unen: *Busies himself with getting everone their drinks*[/color:3iqi2gf4]

OOC: BTW: Unen is always getting people what they ask for, so if you ask, please pretend that you have it after a minute or so (exception for unusual requests, such as permission for a duel etc.)
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

The ale, something from her mother gave Lilandra what some would call an addiction, but to the druid, it was more along the lines of 'I choose when to drink it!'. Luckily, she never bought a flask to contain the beverage, otherwise instead of going around healing others, the streets would be stained with vomit.

When the man brought it over, she gave the bartender a smile before bringing the glass to her parted lips. Just in case the drink wasn't to her standard, Lilandra would toss the cup and ask for a better kind, or add something of her own design to the ale. Being an alchemist apprentice does have it's uses.

Luckily, the contents of the glass were indeed flavorful, though not the best she had, still in the top three or so. Not daring to chug down the entire thing, placing down the tin about midway.

"Thank you! That was defintely worth the wait! Now tell me, how much do I owe?"

Lilandra wasn't sure if it was her mother's love for flirtation, or the drow female's natural instinct to use their body langue far more then members of the opposite races and sexes would of liked, but the healing hybrid took the small pouch from the rather open dress, letting the material rub the tender flesh the silk was holding.

[i:3svwotmi]He is no fool, but perhaps I can get a small discount? Never fails.[/i:3svwotmi]

Her father, Goddess watch over him, would never condone such acts, but Lilandra's devious mother would probably be applauding or scolding the young woman for not showing off enough.