The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali nodded. she was always up for adventure. "i am not a fighter," she started. which was mostly true. lythari abhorred fighting, but were powerful enemies if you attacked them or kin. some even as much as those they considered family. "but I have tracking and scouting (ranger) and some healing (cleric) abilities."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Yeah, Gareth. You can come too." She raises her head. "And I'm damsel in distress. Nyssa turns and offers a warm smile to Alak. "I appreciate your coming as well. You too Araili. Heaven knows what or who we might encounter. I can use all the help I can get. And don't worry Chalithra. There will be plenty of coin to make and loot on the way to Dambrath.'
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The doors to the Half-Moon Inn opened abruptly, "that does it! I'm never traveling with that gargoyle again!" fumed a frustrated armored warrior as he stormed in, followed by a winter wolf and a strangely armored, helmeted soldier, who could barely keep himself from doubling over on the floor, he was laughing so hard; "HAHAHAHAHA! Are ya sure about that, friend; he's even got my sense of humor. Why he's like my evil, stout imp counterpart."
"Easy for you to say, copy-cat; you and him couldn't stop laughing at his wise-crack jokes at me."

It had been an interesting time for both a certain two tall warriors. At 6'7", Veraka Orden towered over the largest of humans and elves. The storm warrior sheathed in platinum dragon-scale full-plate armor, he was tank among the warriors of Faerun. The winter wolf was his animal companion, Aurora. Unlike most winter wolves, she was good-aligned and was willing to accept unorthodox treatment because of her races natural tendency towards evil.
The half-elf hybrid walking beside him was not from Faerun, nor even from Toril itself. He was a clone that hailed from the Milky Way galaxy and his name was Theta-180, but Veraka, among others, knew him as Onix. He was a SPARTAN commando hunter, a clone born and bred for one purpose: to fight the invading dark enemies of Earth and her colonies, most importantly, the bugs known as life-leechers among him and his fellow clones. He stood at an impressive 6'5" and was armored in a high-tech suit of armor known as OMNI armor. The nano-fibered suit looked like an outer layer of muscle, and made him look like the ideal futuristic super-soldier. ((not Master Chief, though that would be funny :p))
Both warriors parked it on an open table, near the front despite the obvious attention that they'd drawn; Aurora plopped down by Veraka's boots. The unusual duo were approached by one of the waitresses, who looked at them as if to ask what struck their fancy.
"A mug of your best ale," the dragon-scale plated storm warrior said first. Onix followed suit, "I'll have a glass of your strongest wine, ma'am." The waitress gave him a awkward glance, then headed back to get their drinks; the clone raised his hands to his helmet, and breached the seal. A sharp hiss emanated from the seal joint as the commando lifted the helmet up and off of his head, revealing a young, handsome half-elven face with sharp features.
Veraka gave him a look.
"What?!" Onix asked him, glaring back.
"You ordered wine, I'm beginning to see why they cloned you from an elf."
Onix chuckled to the warrior," easy for you to say, LIGHT-WEIGHT." Veraka's expression told the clone that he struck home.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Behind the two tall warriors, a lesser noticed pair entered behind them. The two were obviously brothers, twins actually. Both their skins were dark showing they were Drow, but were too light in color, betraying that they weren't of full elven heritage. One was dressed in a extravagant black and violet robe, obviously a wizard, he looked at the people gathered with a little too much interest. The other wore simple black leather armor, though his hands were clad in spiked adamantine gauntlets. He had no weapons obvious but some small bulges in his cloak showed that he was not unarmed to the wary observer.

"You'd think he'd have gotten used to Grisnaw's antics by now," said the leather clad Drakin, talking about his brother's familar. And more quietly, so only his brother could here, "And don't even think of experimenting on anyone, Drakashin."

"Ahh, not even a little?" Groaned Drakashin, continuing to look curiously at the different adventurers. "There's so many interesting subjects here."

"No, not even a little," Drakin responded pushing his brother lightly towards the two large warriors, "The last thing we need is another angry mob chasing us."

Drakin and his brother sat right as the serving girl brought the other two their drinks. "Same as the strange one," Drakin said, indicating Onix, "for both of us."

"Still fuming about Grisnaw, Veraka?" Drakin asked, "He only tried to blow you up twice today." Then thinking a little, added, "it must be one of his quiet days."

While everybody was paying attention to the new comers, nobody noticed a small figure crawl through a high window and into the rafters, making it's way towards the new group.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The storm warrior and commando got their drinks right as their two counterparts sat down. "Only twice, hah! That fierfekin imp hit me with more explosives than the SPARTAN here carries," said Veraka as he took his drink. Onix cocked a brow towards him.
"Thank you, ma'am," Onix said as he took his drink and gave it a sip; "now why can't they have wine like this from Earth; damn it this stuff is good."
Aurora noticed the winged shadow that was crawling along the top of the ceiling; she merely shook her head.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali who had been more in the corner saw the door open and in entered the big guys, loud and cause a rukus. numerous patron and servers looked that way too.
Ariali's mouth dropped a little. she had known one of the warriors well from another time in Faerun. their parting was still painful, but duty to clan had called her away.
that had been a several years ago.
then they were followed by two more she knew, old friends of hers. she slumped a little. she didnt know what to think. they hadnt seen her in the corner apparently among the group discussing another adventure.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix noticed something peculiar about an elf that had similar features that were akin to his own; he thumped Veraka on the chest-plate; "hey, light-weight. Do you know that female over there?" He asked, pointing towards the wild elf.
Veraka turned, only to have his heart skip thrice a beat; it couldn't be, could it.
"Ariali?!" he asked aloud in her direction. Aurora perked up.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

At that moment, Grisnaw, the gargoyle in question, dropped from the ceiling. He landed on Veraka's shoulder and started tapping on it on a drum, and said, "It's not nice to speak about someone when they aren't around, fatty."

Before Veraka could grab him, Grisnaw jumped from his shoulders and swooped under the table.

"Drakashin," Drakin said to his brother, "put your bag on the table. The last thing we need is him getting into your bag and pulling out a wand of fireball and burning the building down."

"Huh?" Drakashin asked as he came back from one of his frequent daydreams, "Umm, okay, sure." He picked his bag up just before the pale hand of the gargoyle darted for it.

Curses could be heard muttered under the table. Drakin looked at Veraka's face.

"Did you really expect him to remain outside like you asked?" Drakin asked him, "I thought you knew how that one's mind works a bit."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard grins up at Gareth as he recognizes the teifling. "Gareth! You sly dog you, how've you been? Trust you to come crawling out of the woodwork at the word loot!" he laughs, and raises a glass to the ranger.

"That armor of yours looks new. Had any interesting adventures lately? We are planning on going to Sshamath and Dambrath- the ladies for shopping and a bit of paybacks. I, of course, am going along to gain new lore and perhaps keep these fair damsels out of distress. Or was that GET them out of 'dis DRESS?" He says with a devilish grin, waggling his brows at the females suggestively, in a very over-blown ploy for a pick-up. Then he winks at the girls, and snickers, betraying his utter lack of seriousness.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka visibly jumped, startled by the gargoyle as Grisnaw landed on him and started his 'tap tap' drum beat; the storm warrior lunged for Grisnaw but missed as the over-sized imp dashed under the table.
"I swear one day, I'm gonna kill him," the aasimar growled.
Onix was wooting with laughter; "where did you get him, wizard?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"I found him on one of our adventures," Drakashin explained, examining his drink, "I believe it was in the tower, or was it a castle, well, he was in the lair of a lich. He was bored and decided to come with us. Though, for some reason, I don't remember it all well."

"This was before he became insane," Drakin explained to Onix. "So some of his memories are a bit muddled."

"Whose insane?" Drakashin asked, looking around. Drakin only sighed. He and his brother has had this discussion many times already.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"He was bored, you say; now that goes into my book of firsts."
"Oh don't worry about that, mate," Onix replied to Drakin, "I've traveled with much worse for were in terms of psychosis. My squad, for example; were they still in system with me, I'm sure that you'd meet your wits end with a my demolitions expert. Suffice to say that I've had a good time with the 'light-weight' here on this rock you people call 'Toril'."

Veraka was oblivious to the comments around him. He couldn't stop his eyes from staring in Ariali's direction; how long had been since they'd last seen each other. He'd remembered their parting from that one adventure of theirs; it had been . . stressful for him.

The commando took another good sip of his wine, savoring the taste, when he noticed a white-clawed hand still searching for the bag that Drakashin had taken away; rolling his eyes, Onix engaged strength-mode, his armor turning red as the nanites within tensed and constricted; he then reached down, and methodically pulled the grumbling gargoyle out from under the table.
"Do you want me to make target practice outta your hide?" he asked, pointing toward the huge cannon on his back. Grisnaw smiled, then issued a bletch toward the clone. Onix opened his hand and dropped him on the floor with an audible 'thud'.
"I'll take that as a 'maybe'." He went back to his drink.
He then noticed that his compatriot was staring the female wild elf down, almost like he'd known her from a time ago; unbeknownst to Onix, that was the case.
Leaning back in his seat, the commando said to Veraka; "stop drooling, light-weight; she'll get here on her own accord."
More than a couple of glances were cast his way; he didn't care, he never did. Onix grinned at Veraka's reaction of reddening, both from anger and embarrassment; "Ahh, I think I'm gonna enjoy my stay here." He took another sip of his wine.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Oh, This old thing? I just threw it on! Haha, But I have been on new adventures, I spent a year in a monastery, Learning the ways of the Cleric, And i also trained in the ways of the Warrior... Man you would not BELIEVE the stuff the churches get upity about, But its all the same, For my initiation into knighthood i had to save a damsel, and i had to slay a beast, Of course, I picked a dragon just to show them who's boss. I had forgotten most of the stuff about being a ranger, But i think it just made me a stronger person all together. Now for knighthood i have to continue with the good deeds, Did that anyways..."

He responded to Alec after the annoyance of the other two warriors walking in was over, He noticed that he had put down the mug and was drinking out of his flask. "This, My friend, Is Dragon Piss Ale, No relation to the dragon i killed, But it is particularly strong,I enjoy experimenting with this sort of stuff, This would fell any other man."
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

Chalithra had parted lips to speak however the boisterous entrance of the four...make that five had her attention quite pulling towards them. Keen blue eyes ticked slowly each form as they entered her head tilting ever so slightly though she said not a word. She did however note the way that Ariali slumped...only to perk up again.

"Friends of yours Ariali?"

It was a distracted question, already her attention was back on the matter at hand. An adventure. She gave a long languid stretch releasing a soft groan for the pleasure of it.

"Sure. I'm nimble of foot and quite handy with getting around pesky locks. And traps, haven't met one that wouldn't do my bidding. As for the blade? Well, I'm much better when they don't see me coming. If you think you'd have a need for skills such as I can offer I'd happily tag along. Though much like Alak here, I'll have to preface that by saying I cannot guarantee I'll make it the entire way. But I will try."

Lothirs antics have her laughing softly even as she offers a wink.

"You know, the right wording and perhaps a few glasses of good wine will get you everywhere."
L'veirs ulu l'ssussun dos inbau l'olathur l'veldrin doera
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"I concur," Nyssa giggles at Lothir in agreement with Chalithra as she tries to ignore the loud ruckus the new patrons are making. "Your company is always welcome, Chalithra, no matter how long you are staying. And I thought it was "flattery will get you everywhere"?"

She too notes the change in Ariali's body language, but says nothing. She simply waits for the answer to Chalithra's question.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~